PDA

View Full Version : General talk NSW Service App

mikael66
01-01-2021, 06:01 AM
I heard that from Jan 1, it is now required to register either thru the App or by QR code. Is this true?

aussiegaigin
01-01-2021, 07:56 AM
In some places. Look on the Service NSW web site

local
01-01-2021, 08:29 AM
I heard that from Jan 1, it is now required to register either thru the App or by QR code. Is this true?

Even if it was, can you see shops enforcing it ? (not untill some fines occur I'll bet !!)

Mind you that it would be difficult to police in the "private places" rather than the shops...

PervySage
01-01-2021, 10:03 AM
Even if it was, can you see shops enforcing it ? (not untill some fines occur I'll bet !!)

Mind you that it would be difficult to police in the "private places" rather than the shops...

I read somewhere all businesses have been given time to implement the service nsw app for QR solution, as most Home grown solutions are useless.

Businesses that don't have this done will get fines.

Let's see if the businesses include massage / brothel but there is no reason why it wouldnt.??

Be interesting to see if it's enforced.

mikael66
02-01-2021, 03:37 PM
They have started implementing it yesterday in some hospitality venues.

Warrabong
02-01-2021, 03:51 PM
I saw it yesterday in a Wollongong massage shop

Budgyboy
02-01-2021, 11:02 PM
From what i know all massage places need a NSW Gov registered approved covid safe plan that needs to be on the premise, practiced and all staff trained in. You need to have NSW QR code. Up until a little while ago you had the option to use code via scan or get names and phone numbers and enter electronically into spread sheet to send to gov if requested. Pretty soon but i think you will have to scan in. That info is held for 21 days then deleted

Starved
03-01-2021, 04:33 AM
Better to just embrace it and go along with the QR code, if their is an outbreak from a shop the contact trackers will find you anyway.
Try and dodge it you’ll probably get your face splattered on tv.

Minathy8724
03-01-2021, 05:21 AM
What would you do? Provide your details for remain anonymous by registering a fake name and phone number?
I have been to pubs and restaurants where the business or employees has little care for the customers privacy. I witnessed a list of all patreons - full name and mobile number. I am sure most punters would prefer their contact details obfuscated or would you care because the urge is greater than your privacy? If a government official contacted you from a shop list would you care to be found out?
I can see from the responses already that some: embrace it and will provide their details. I would imagine some will stop punting or go private which we know is normally unmatched with shops in terms of value and quality.

Minathy8724
03-01-2021, 07:30 AM
What would you do? Provide your details for remain anonymous by registering a fake name and phone number?
I have been to pubs and restaurants where the business or employees has little care for the customers privacy. I witnessed a list of all patreons - full name and mobile number. I am sure most punters would prefer their contact details obfuscated or would you care because the urge is greater than your privacy? If a government official contacted you from a shop list would you care to be found out?
I can see from the responses already that some: embrace it and will provide their details. I would imagine some will stop punting or go private which we know is normally unmatched with shops in terms of value and quality.

I should have read the OP comments first. Given businesses must use Service NSW QR codes or face a fine and customers sign in through the app, would you continue punting?

Climax598
03-01-2021, 10:39 AM
I should have read the OP comments first. Given businesses must use Service NSW QR codes or face a fine and customers sign in through the app, would you continue punting?
My brain may say NO but my little brother will say YES. This is going to be nightmare but in the end I think will still punt.

altvmla
03-01-2021, 10:41 AM
Hopefully the NSW government have better security measures than a lot of the questionable third party solutions...

Starved
03-01-2021, 10:54 AM
I’ll be giving it a break for awhile but I know it is harder for some than others As my name states I’m more use to going without!

mikael66
03-01-2021, 02:21 PM
It is now mandatory for all hospitality venues. They need it in case there is an outbreak, can easily contact you or your family.

cuteguy
03-01-2021, 03:01 PM
On the news, there has been no specific reference to massage shops and brothels requiring all persons coming on their premises to scan the Service NSW app. Has anyone seen such references so far?

mikael66
03-01-2021, 05:21 PM
https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/covid-safe/customer-record-keeping/qr-codes
business that must use mandatory electronic check-in includes strip clubs and sex services premises

brotherjim
03-01-2021, 05:32 PM

I signed up for an service NSW account the other day and part of the signup procedure was verification of the phone number you provide and think option of email address instead. So no giving false contact details.

puntingtom
03-01-2021, 09:16 PM
The QR code will take you to a web form option where you can enter your details manually each time of you want to be careful about the data you provide

altvmla
03-01-2021, 11:58 PM
The QR code will take you to a web form option where you can enter your details manually each time of you want to be careful about the data you provide

For the standard check-in most places are using, or the Service NSW app?

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/covid-safe/customer-record-keeping/qr-codes
business that must use mandatory electronic check-in includes strip clubs and sex services premises
Giving the government a record that you've visited a brothel. Great.

Albwick
04-01-2021, 12:02 AM

That's the old way, new way is the service app, that reads the QR codes and the Contact Tracers then can access this data directly if required when an outbreak occurs.
https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/covid-safe/customer-record-keeping/qr-codes#covid-safe-check-in-with-the-service-nsw-app

Thats why you can't do Donald Duck or give fake mobiles.

DireStraits
04-01-2021, 12:10 AM
That's the old way, new way is the service app, that reads the QR codes and the Contact Tracers then can access this data directly if required when an outbreak occurs.
https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/covid-safe/customer-record-keeping/qr-codes#covid-safe-check-in-with-the-service-nsw-app

Thats why you can't do Donald Duck or give fake mobiles.
From the same page:

"Customers who have the Service NSW app installed will be taken to the check in.
Customers who don't have the Service NSW app installed will get two options:
- download the Service NSW app, create an account and check in
- check in using an online form."

Basically, you're under no obligation whatsoever to use the Service NSW app. If you don't have it, or simply don't want to use it for checking in at venues, the online web form remains an option - at least for now.

phoenix555
04-01-2021, 09:53 AM
Only hospitality venues and hairdressers that need to use Government QR code system, other venues can use any third party QR providers

And for the QR code online form, you can fill in using Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse as well if you want.

birch
04-01-2021, 10:01 AM
My experience yesterday at my local Massage shop had the Service NSW QR code - signed in no option to change name and didn't care anyway - they whole point is to contact you so you don't become a spreader - considering the potential consequences of that are significantly more shameful that being found to have gone to a massage shop I've no problems. It seems to me particularly selfish to be using a pseudonym and fake number in these circumstances. The health industry is built upon discretion, the risk of being properly/ publicly 'outed' by the COVID tracking teams is pretty low.

Meng
04-01-2021, 10:13 AM
I've had a few friends who were contacted based on the app. The problem is that they sometimes say that police will do random checks to ensure you're isolating at home.

phoenix555
04-01-2021, 10:33 AM
My experience yesterday at my local Massage shop had the Service NSW QR code - signed in no option to change name and didn't care anyway - they whole point is to contact you so you don't become a spreader - considering the potential consequences of that are significantly more shameful that being found to have gone to a massage shop I've no problems. It seems to me particularly selfish to be using a pseudonym and fake number in these circumstances. The health industry is built upon discretion, the risk of being properly/ publicly 'outed' by the COVID tracking teams is pretty low.

Sorry I hasn’t been to the shop with the ServiceNSW QR code, so don’t know what their online form looks like.

Maybe it’s better that you can’t change the contact detail.

Riff888
04-01-2021, 10:44 AM
I've had the app before Covid since they released your driver's licence digitally. You don't need your physical licence anymore, just show them your licence on the app. It also has registration and demerit point info. You can even pay parking fines via the app.

There's no point giving fake information, there may be worse consequences for doing that.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

B J Hunter
04-01-2021, 10:52 AM
For those completing the web form with fake details.... don’t forget you can still be tracked down by the IP address of your phone

aussiegaigin
04-01-2021, 10:53 AM
Sorry I hasn’t been to the shop with the ServiceNSW QR code, so don’t know what their online form looks like.

Maybe it’s better that you can’t change the contact detail.

I don't think there is any form associated with this app/QR. When you scan the code, the app recognises where you are simply asks you to "Check in now"by pressing a button; the page stays visible until you press the "check out" button. It also retains your last check-in.
Are you referring to a form you complete with the shop if you don't have the app?

brotherjim
04-01-2021, 01:38 PM
From the same page:

"Customers who have the Service NSW app installed will be taken to the check in.
Customers who don't have the Service NSW app installed will get two options:
- download the Service NSW app, create an account and check in
- check in using an online form."

Basically, you're under no obligation whatsoever to use the Service NSW app. If you don't have it, or simply don't want to use it for checking in at venues, the online web form remains an option - at least for now.
I didn’t see that option when I first scanned a service NSW QR code.

Plus sure they don’t verify you even if using a web form? Especially as seeing the whole reason they are mandating use of the service nsw system is to ensure genuine contact details are provided.

rooter
04-01-2021, 02:11 PM
I don't think there is any form associated with this app/QR. When you scan the code, the app recognises where you are simply asks you to "Check in now"by pressing a button; the page stays visible until you press the "check out" button. It also retains your last check-in.
Are you referring to a form you complete with the shop if you don't have the app?

When you scan the QR code with your phone you are given the option of either downloading the app or filling in the webform.
If you choose to download the app then that's it, it will remember your details every time you scan the code at any venue you go to and they will automatically appear. You don't get any other options ever again.
However if you choose the webform option then basically you have to fill it in every time you scan the QR code and it will not remember you from the last time you scanned. You start fresh every time.
The webform will presumably accept any details you put in, even the notorious Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse.

woods23
04-01-2021, 02:25 PM
That's the end of me. Game over :(:(

Private is the only way to go by the look of thing.

Roj
04-01-2021, 02:58 PM
I was at a well known establishment last night. No sign in register. No QR code. My 'name' for the booking was given over the phone, and they'd have my phone number if they wanted to keep their own record. That was it ...
I was surprised.

aussiegaigin
04-01-2021, 02:59 PM
When you scan the QR code with your phone you are given the option of either downloading the app or filling in the webform.
If you choose to download the app then that's it, it will remember your details every time you scan the code at any venue you go to and they will automatically appear. You don't get any other options ever again.
However if you choose the webform option then basically you have to fill it in every time you scan the QR code and it will not remember you from the last time you scanned. You start fresh every time.
The webform will presumably accept any details you put in, even the notorious Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse.
Thanks, I've got the app by default, I don't think I can opt out.

Would the form be able to detect your phone number?

Climax598
04-01-2021, 03:13 PM
Thanks, I've got the app by default, I don't think I can opt out.

Would the form be able to detect your phone number?
Can you delete the app and scan. Without using the app registration.

B J Hunter
04-01-2021, 03:37 PM
As I said above ‘Rooter’ the web form / fake name submitted is still traceable back to everyone’s Device / IP address and your real name! Big brother has easy access to all digital footprints.

DireStraits
04-01-2021, 04:46 PM
As I said above ‘Rooter’ the web form / fake name submitted is still traceable back to everyone’s Device / IP address and your real name! Big brother has easy access to all digital footprints.
Nokia 3310, folks... No one's being forced to carry a smartphone!

Which means venues must have an alternative means of recording contact details.

No shop is going to say "No smartphone? No fucks for you!"

cuteguy
04-01-2021, 06:36 PM
I was at a well known establishment last night. No sign in register. No QR code. My 'name' for the booking was given over the phone, and they'd have my phone number if they wanted to keep their own record. That was it ...
I was surprised.

I guess the reason why many shops are preferring bookings rather than walk ins is in order to have the customer's number in case they don't scan in. Therefore, a number will be needed to confirm a booking. However, if someone gives the wrong number and the shop does not confirm the number is real, then there is a problem for contact tracers in identifying the person.

mikael66
04-01-2021, 07:16 PM
It is better to give true details than fake one. It's not good if you get caught considering the amount of time and money
the gov is putting in to stop the spread of covid. If something happens and you get caught to have given false details
while they are doing contact tracing, it could get very messy. Depending on the situation, you could see your face on the newspaper.

aussiegaigin
04-01-2021, 07:17 PM
Can you delete the app and scan. Without using the app registration.

You could, but if you've got a lot of registered cards on it, could be a pain reloading them later. This might where a second phone could come in handy.

Dr Hong
04-01-2021, 07:32 PM
I'm not sure what everyone is worried about. The health department doesn't tell your wife/gf/mum etc where you have been. Just find a nearby affected cafe or shopping centre that is listed on the NSW health website and say you were there.

Crusader
04-01-2021, 08:10 PM

Not necessarily, consent is typically required when a service is consuming information about you or the device you use. Add to that, it's unlikely that you have a static IP address assigned to that device. Nothing that a VPN and bouncing over a few telnet sessions can't fix though. Not impossible to find you, but makes it far more difficult.

AHLUNGOR
04-01-2021, 10:28 PM
I don’t know about you guys, if a Service NSW QR Code is mandatory in any MP or FS shop, there is just no way I will check in with my details for a punt, end of story.

Any married man out there is brave enough ?

DireStraits
04-01-2021, 10:41 PM
I don’t know about you guys, if a Service NSW QR Code is mandatory in any MP or FS shop, there is just no way I will check in with my details for a punt, end of story.

Any married man out there is brave enough ?
This is precisely the point I've been trying to make. The authorities have mandated that certain venues and establishments must use the NSW Government QR code system to electronically record details of patrons and customers. They're hoping that the vast majority of them will have a smartphone that can read the QR code and the Service NSW app. What they can't mandate however is that every customer/visitor carries a smartphone and has the Service NSW app. So what does the establishment do then? They must ask you for your name and contact details, and then electronically record them themselves.

This is where some folks will be honest, and others give out untraceable aliases and fake mobile numbers 😬

vitamin
04-01-2021, 11:38 PM
Then what if the cops rock up to the Establishment to manually check ? what are the odds of that ?

Just keep extending until they leave :D.

With it all being NSW QR code.
One punter out there gets a positive swab. every place he visited immediately known and every customer there during that period will get a nice alert.
Not worth the risk for anyone who's married I don't think

Raybo
05-01-2021, 12:58 AM
So what? You think you are anonymous?

Riff888
05-01-2021, 11:22 AM
This is precisely the point I've been trying to make. The authorities have mandated that certain venues and establishments must use the NSW Government QR code system to electronically record details of patrons and customers. They're hoping that the vast majority of them will have a smartphone that can read the QR code and the Service NSW app. What they can't mandate however is that every customer/visitor carries a smartphone and has the Service NSW app. So what does the establishment do then? They must ask you for your name and contact details, and then electronically record them themselves.

This is where some folks will be honest, and others give out untraceable aliases and fake mobile numbers [emoji51]I've seen people get refused entry to pubs for not having a phone, so that is no longer an excuse.

Venues have to verify details or they could face a fine.

Not sure how RnT or FS places will enforce this.

Vader
05-01-2021, 12:32 PM
I've seen people get refused entry to pubs for not having a phone, so that is no longer an excuse.

That's correct Riff and the business has to make sure you are logged in correctly and I quote "failure to complete accurate patron details is in breach of Public Health Orders and may result in penalties". People who hide their details could put others at risk and prolong these measures. Just do the right thing as you will always be anonymous if there is an outbreak. It's the sneaky ones who will named and shamed like the wedding at Pyrmont.

cuteguy
05-01-2021, 12:44 PM
I've seen people get refused entry to pubs for not having a phone, so that is no longer an excuse.

Serves them right. Everyone has a phone these days so it's no excuse not to have a phone when entering a venue. In the old days when there was no covid-19 people were not required to provide their numbers even though many pubs and clubs in the CBD were scanning IDs for entry. However, the situation has changed due to covid-19. If they are not willing to provide at least a real mobile number they should be denied access.

Budgyboy
05-01-2021, 07:04 PM
Then forget about punting for you for approx 18 months. Its mandatory and as long as no outbreaks no probs. You need to be smarter, any area that starts to look suss dont go. Theres always a work around. If contacted and your entering most places other than MP Or FS establishment it can be any place you can pass it off as. Records are kept for 21 day then deleted.
Im not worried and i dont think most people should be its just a process and with Australias low rate and control measures chances are your most likely to get it in a shopping centre or where large numbers of people congregate, restaurants are the biggest risk i reckon. Not one case has everbeen traced back to a MP or FS establishment.

vitrium
05-01-2021, 08:31 PM
If this rolls out across most (if not all) shops I'm going to stick to privates for the foreseeable future. There's no way I want it to be that easy for someone to track me back to a venue. There's a certain level of privacy and discretion built into the way many of those venues function. If you take that away, then you take away a key selling point.

aussiegaigin
05-01-2021, 09:00 PM
Public Health is given priority over your personal privacy concerns.

If you don't want to get caught, don't go to these shops.

At least it won't be cutting off access to these places altogether, like last lockdown.

Vader
05-01-2021, 09:10 PM
If this rolls out across most (if not all) shops I'm going to stick to privates for the foreseeable future. There's no way I want it to be that easy for someone to track me back to a venue. There's a certain level of privacy and discretion built into the way many of those venues function. If you take that away, then you take away a key selling point.

Public health and the covid tracing is far more important than people wanting privacy.

quackm2002
05-01-2021, 10:19 PM
Just based on the number of guys who have expressed serious reservations about going to shops now, business is going to get hit for six

cuteguy
05-01-2021, 10:34 PM
Just based on the number of guys who have expressed serious reservations about going to shops now, business is going to get hit for six

NSW Public Health is relying on the shops to enforce recording or scanning requirements. When a customer walks in, it will be the responsibility of the owner or receptionist to request the customer to use the scan QR by the NSW Government to record his visit to the shop. If he can't do it, what will the shop do then? They don't want to lose business and turn the customer away. They will likely request the customer to write his name and number in a book in case the virus is traced back to the shop. So far there have been no reported cases linked to FS or RNT shops in NSW and therefore, business is unlikely to get hit for six. There will always be a demand for these services.

Budgyboy
05-01-2021, 10:59 PM
My regular said she could have done some serous business whilst aus was in lockdown as she kept the business phone on. She wasnt game enough, punters were willing to take a risk in extreme lockdown so app will definatley not hit businesses for a six believe me.

Climax598
05-01-2021, 11:00 PM
More like 3 o'clock. I think one massage shop in northern beaches was name.

cuteguy
05-01-2021, 11:44 PM
More like 3 o'clock. I think one massage shop in northern beaches was name.

If this is true then just one so far. However, for the most of 2020 there was no tracing of the virus to a RNT or FS shop unless someone has heard something else that I haven't heard.

DireStraits
06-01-2021, 10:10 AM
Anyone able to report actual check-in experiences at FS or RnT joints so far this week? 😇

wilisno
06-01-2021, 10:17 AM
If this is true then just one so far. However, for the most of 2020 there was no tracing of the virus to a RNT or FS shop unless someone has heard something else that I haven't heard.

It said one of the infected had been there, not from there.

aussiegaigin
06-01-2021, 11:39 AM
Anyone able to report actual check-in experiences at FS or RnT joints so far this week? 😇

I went to my local shop yesterday, no check in required/available.

cuteguy
06-01-2021, 12:58 PM
Just when we were being told to use the QR code, the Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) is warning individuals and businesses to be aware of the potential for scams.

https://au.yahoo.com/finance/news/warning-about-qr-code-scams-054435610.html

mikael66
06-01-2021, 06:56 PM
Just do the right thing, it can save lives of other people. Providing the correct details will help the NSW Health to facilitate contact tracing thereby helping prevent the spread of the virus, and possibly saving lives.
No one is stopping us from punting, NSW Health are only asking help from us prevent the spread of the virus.
Besides, it is not a recommendation anymore, as seen from the NSW Health, it is mandatory now until further notice. I also heard yesterday from my source that they will probably do spot checks, they have already at the casino, and few other venues. Business will face fine and charges, as well as individuals who were proven to intentionally provide false information disregarding public health, and most likely be charge with perjury.

aussiegaigin
06-01-2021, 10:10 PM
Just when we were being told to use the QR code, the Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) is warning individuals and businesses to be aware of the potential for scams.

https://au.yahoo.com/finance/news/warning-about-qr-code-scams-054435610.html

Using an app developed by a state or territory government, on the other hand, has a relatively low risk, provided the app ignores QR codes that could lead to damaging locations and that the details of your check-ins are deleted after a certain period of time.

ACSC suggested individuals install and use the NSW and ACT governments’ check-in apps. If visiting a business where the QR code system isn’t aligned with the government’s system, ask why not.

YI88
06-01-2021, 11:02 PM
Better the Service NSW system (or an open-source private QR code system) than one of those that are marketing tools where third parties gather data for possible advertising follow-up. Marketing tools include the google docs system that some pubs use in my opinion.

The Service NSW system checks your phone number when you first enter it but it does not check your name. Hence the contact tracers could be looking for "Gladys B" but would still reach me on my phone.

From the second time you use the app you will be presented with stored details and be given the chance to edit them before pressing the check-in button. I have not bothered to do this yet.

You are supposed to press a "check-out" button when you leave but if you forget you can manually enter the departure time later. To help with checking out it displays your last check-in details. Therefore, if you wish to to a little more private you could scan the Service NSW QR code at a nearby grocers or coffee shop etc. before going home or back to work.

DireStraits
07-01-2021, 04:37 PM
Service NSW apologises for 'unexpected outage'

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/coronavirus-australia-live-nsw-and-victoria-issue-new-venue-alerts/live-coverage/fc3e0857ebc6f6a1d13616ae276b810d#73181

Albwick
07-01-2021, 06:05 PM
Service NSW apologises for 'unexpected outage'

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/coronavirus-australia-live-nsw-and-victoria-issue-new-venue-alerts/live-coverage/fc3e0857ebc6f6a1d13616ae276b810d#73181

I wonder if some pollie's needed to have a window of opportunity to visit some old friends ;)

kelvin310
10-01-2021, 08:05 PM
Interesting times we live in!

dry20
10-01-2021, 11:52 PM
hahaha, punting with records

B2Brules
11-01-2021, 11:38 AM
The Service NSW App only displays your last check in on your phone. So it’s simple, after you Check Out, just walk past a Pub or Coffee Shop and check in, that will change the display on your phone. And by the way my last punt was at Sydney Baby Massage in Hargrave St and Yes the check in business displayed as exactly that instead of ABC Pty Ltd.

Climax598
11-01-2021, 11:45 AM
All your check-in is store with ServiceNSW for 21 days. On your display only show the last entry. No escape if the shop you being have reports of covid visitor.

altvmla
11-01-2021, 02:14 PM
Better the Service NSW system (or an open-source private QR code system) than one of those that are marketing tools where third parties gather data for possible advertising follow-up. Marketing tools include the google docs system that some pubs use in my opinion.

It feels like I've been getting more spam calls than usual, it's annoying af.

samytomy
11-01-2021, 02:57 PM
Be honest, I haven't scan any QRcode for all shops I walked in so far since rules applied, I know it's not right but shops ignore as well

samytomy
11-01-2021, 02:59 PM
Be clear the shops I mean are massage and full shops, not pub and retail shops

goodtime
13-01-2021, 07:42 PM
has anyone got a call from the government?

the_boss_king
15-01-2021, 09:16 PM
You can sign in by webform.

I don’t trust downloading government apps

tpol
17-01-2021, 09:19 AM
Was at casula and decided to visit David's. He insisted, rightfully so, that i scan the qr code. I said can i write my name in the book. He said yes, but he'll store my number and details in his phone. I decided to walked out

Climax598
17-01-2021, 10:14 AM
has anyone got a call from the government?
YaP! Call from ATO and AFP saying I have tax debt and I have a fine outstanding. I m going to be arrest and pay your fine.

hopelesspunter
13-02-2021, 08:25 AM
I been getting those calls from ATO and from random dodgy telemarketers twice a week since I started using the qr checkin

cuteguy
13-02-2021, 03:28 PM
I been getting those calls from ATO and from random dodgy telemarketers twice a week since I started using the qr checkin

Wasn't there a recent announcement that people's records on the NSW service app had been hacked and that the NSW government was silent on the issue?

aussiegaigin
13-02-2021, 03:56 PM
I was getting these calls long before QR codes came in, but they have actually dropped off recently. The "Microsoft (or Windows or Mastercard) Security Centre" have known my name and number for years. They've probably got yours too. They come in waves, a lot for a couple of weeks, then a rest for a couple more.

The ATO scams are just recorded messages sent at random to any numbers in the hope you will respond.

skyecrack
14-02-2021, 01:00 AM
Is this still being enforced?
Seems like no one really cares anymore

cuteguy
14-02-2021, 03:49 PM

RNT shops wouldn't be really enforcing it but other places like clubs, pubs or restaurants would still require it to be done.

skyecrack
14-02-2021, 05:43 PM
RNT shops wouldn't be really enforcing it but other places like clubs, pubs or restaurants would still require it to be done.

Yeah that’s true. Even supermarkets don’t seem to care now.

Fintr
15-02-2021, 07:04 AM

You call to make a booking, use we chat ect they have enough tracable information dont they?

skyecrack
15-02-2021, 03:16 PM
You call to make a booking, use we chat ect they have enough tracable information dont they?

I guess so yeah

pro_seeker
15-02-2021, 04:05 PM
I was shocked that when I walked into 533 last week, Angie pointed to the QR code near the entrance and said I need to check in!!
I walked the f*** out immediately. I mean, it's bad enough that I'm admitting to occasionally punting at 533 on this forum... :grimace: There's no way I'm leaving an official record of ever being there.

moz
15-02-2021, 04:15 PM
Offending businesses will be fined $5000 and closed for a week, while repeat offenders could be closed for a month.

Suspect they can't afford not to.
If you've copped a fine once you'll be on a regular check list.

skyecrack
15-02-2021, 04:42 PM
I was shocked that when I walked into 533 last week, Angie pointed to the QR code near the entrance and said I need to check in!!
I walked the f*** out immediately. I mean, it's bad enough that I'm admitting to occasionally punting at 533 on this forum... :grimace: There's no way I'm leaving an official record of ever being there.

Exactly this. I understand they have to by law but it would give a lot of punters cold feet.

aussiegaigin
16-02-2021, 08:12 AM

You can't be too careful. There's probably a bevy of clerical assistants or IT workers trawling through all the check ins in their databases to see who visited 533 last week and planning on a bit of extortion to keep it hushed up.