PDA

View Full Version : General talk Chinese New Year

drifter
28-01-2021, 03:57 PM
Chinese New Year coming up soon on Friday 12 February. Do the asian girls take time off. It also Tet which is Vietnamese New Year. Just curious. I once heard a saying ...."If you work on New Year you will be working for the rest of your life".

wilisno
28-01-2021, 05:36 PM
Chinese New Year coming up soon on Friday 12 February. Do the asian girls take time off. It also Tet which is Vietnamese New Year. Just curious. I once heard a saying ...."If you work on New Year you will be working for the rest of your life".

Usually, a lot of Asian girls will go home for the festival, very few girls left to work. But this year should be different, they can’t go home !

aussiegaigin
28-01-2021, 07:03 PM
More work for Korean and Thai girls ?

rooter
28-01-2021, 07:05 PM
More work for Korean and Thai girls ?

Most Koreans and quite a lot of Thais also celebrate Chinese/Lunar New Year.
Japanese generally do not.

drifter
28-01-2021, 07:24 PM
Most Koreans and quite a lot of Thais also celebrate Chinese/Lunar New Year.
Japanese generally do not.

Forgot about the Koreans but don't the Thais celebrate the Songkran festival. But I wonder how many will be working on that day. If they do probably tip them a red packet!

rooter
28-01-2021, 07:29 PM
Forgot about the Koreans but don't the Thais celebrate the Songkran festival. But I wonder how many will be working on that day. If they do probably tip them a red packet!

Thais celebrate the Western/Gregorian Calendar New Year, the Chinese/Lunar New Year, and the Thai New Year(Songkran).
Not all Thais celebrate all three, but most celebrate at least 2 out of 3, and as the 20th Century philosopher Meatloaf said "2 out of 3 ain't bad"

cuteguy
29-01-2021, 02:09 PM

What's one day off from work to celebrate Chinese New Year when many girls are working most days of the week! Time to celebrate and hope this year is a better year.

woods23
29-01-2021, 02:20 PM

The desperate/smart one/ popular girl usually will work on CNY..it mean bigger tip from regulars.

If I punt I tip $20 in red packet to any girl I liked nd $50 to regulars .

By saying that i only ever given a few out over the yrs.

drifter
29-01-2021, 02:54 PM
That's a good idea. Maybe lots of hóngbāo 红包 (red packet).

Kryells
29-01-2021, 03:03 PM
Probably not.. let it continue strong

wild_child
29-01-2021, 04:34 PM
Happy Lunar New Year to our Chinese brothers and sisters!

30-01-2021, 12:55 PM
Usually, a lot of Asian girls will go home for the festival, very few girls left to work. But this year should be different, they can’t go home !

Yes it will be interesting this year the bosses will be pressuring them to work because there is no new stock coming .and there is usually high demand on that day from all the Asian guys celebrating new year's.

the_boss_king
30-01-2021, 02:49 PM
hope all my asian bros get more red pockets, for more punts for the new year ;)