PDA

View Full Version : General talk NRL starting again.

the_boss_king
05-03-2021, 04:22 PM
hey just wondering if any fellow punters follow the nrl.

if you do please state your team and maybe some friendly tips for the season starting

Sharphorse
05-03-2021, 05:06 PM
I follow the Rabbitohs. Don’t really have any hot tips though. Used to play SuperCoach but I don’t have the time anymore. Try to go to a few games a year with mates though

bigfatkilo
05-03-2021, 06:04 PM
Roosters yea man.

Soccerfan
05-03-2021, 09:59 PM
Bulldogs, hopefully we steer clear of the spoon, but I’ve had my hopes up before.
No real tips but looking forward to the season starting.

drifter
05-03-2021, 10:07 PM
West Tigers here ... another bleak year for us.

paulgallen
06-03-2021, 02:21 PM
Sharkies mate!!

Broncoshead
06-03-2021, 03:08 PM
Broncos for sure win

rooter
06-03-2021, 03:44 PM
Looking forward to the start of NRL and AFL.
Taking out two multis.
Souths and St Kilda and Penrith and Eagles.

Rooster18
06-03-2021, 11:16 PM
Roosters as the name suggest.. should b a great season.. Hopefully a NSW win in origin too!

kingwally
07-03-2021, 06:33 AM
I am originally from Brisbane so naturally I supported the Broncos but when they bought Darius Boyd back and had Milford playing..i know then that the heart and soul had left the club. How they could miss put on great local players like Cameron smith and Cameron Munster is beyond me. I just live for Origin time now, the club stuff is just something to fill in time between summer, Origin and the Grand Final. Queenslander !!!!

Rooster18
07-03-2021, 08:08 AM
Awesome mate, Kevie will do alright..

Origin banter will b fun..

AHLUNGOR
07-03-2021, 08:48 AM
I am originally from Brisbane so naturally I supported the Broncos but when they bought Darius Boyd back and had Milford playing..i know then that the heart and soul had left the club. How they could miss put on great local players like Cameron smith and Cameron Munster is beyond me. I just live for Origin time now, the club stuff is just something to fill in time between summer, Origin and the Grand Final. Queenslander !!!!

Very similar feeling there King Wally, ever since I was broken in on rugby league via the Maroons, started off supporting the Raiders due to captain Mal, when he retired I followed Alfie and Keviv to the Brisbane Broncos then followed Lockyer ever since then cum the golden era of Lockyer, Thurston, Smith, Billy, Cronk and company! But after the retirement of Darren, the Broncos just never quite the same, especially after they lost the Grand Final to the Cowboys, so I switched south to support the Storms as they were truly the real back bones of the Maroons.

Yeap, Go Queensland!

Deano68
07-03-2021, 09:09 AM
Proud to be a eagle supporter.

AHLUNGOR
07-03-2021, 09:36 AM
Proud to be a eagle supporter.

They got the Queensland Captain !!

Deano68
07-03-2021, 10:21 AM
[QUOTE=AHLUNGOR;2156273]They got the Queensland

I follow the maroons too.DCE is a pretty handy player to have.

rooter
07-03-2021, 10:38 AM
.............wrong thread ...................

kingwally
07-03-2021, 10:40 AM
Very similar feeling there King Wally, ever since I was broken in on rugby league via the Maroons, started off supporting the Raiders due to captain Mal, when he retired I followed Alfie and Keviv to the Brisbane Broncos then followed Lockyer ever since then cum the golden era of Lockyer, Thurston, Smith, Billy, Cronk and company! But after the retirement of Darren, the Broncos just never quite the same, especially after they lost the Grand Final to the Cowboys, so I switched south to support the Storms as they were truly the real back bones of the Maroons.

Yeap, Go Queensland!

Pretty much sums it up for me...a casual Melbourne supporter mostly because of Smith and Munster . I did play in the juniors with Cameron Smiths father who was an exceptional player as well, and that where Cameron has got his footy brain from.

Rooster18
07-03-2021, 05:28 PM
Why so Cane Toads fans...

But in saying that I do agree that Cam Smith is the GOAT! (Hard to admit)

Sharphorse
07-03-2021, 05:41 PM
Why so Cane Toads fans...

But in saying that I do agree that Cam Smith is the GOAT! (Hard to admit)

He’s the greatest referee the game has ever seen 😂

kingwally
07-03-2021, 06:24 PM
He’s the greatest referee the game has ever seen ��

That is what all his critics say (mostly NSW fans). The reality is that Smith is a real footballer with a footballers brain...not just a big dope that only knows how to use his brawn only. Smith is a 60/70/80s footballer playing in the 2000s....and he learnt that from his father.

Sharphorse
07-03-2021, 06:40 PM
That is what all his critics say (mostly NSW fans). The reality is that Smith is a real footballer with a footballers brain...not just a big dope that only knows how to use his brawn only. Smith is a 60/70/80s footballer playing in the 2000s....and he learnt that from his father.

He does use his brain, I’ll give him that much. Just puzzled though. Seems like there are more QLDers in the NSW general thread than NSWers haha. Must be a lot of QLD ex-pats in Sydney at the moment?

kingwally
07-03-2021, 07:14 PM
He does use his brain, I’ll give him that much. Just puzzled though. Seems like there are more QLDers in the NSW general thread than NSWers haha. Must be a lot of QLD ex-pats in Sydney at the moment?

Lots of us down here but so many more NSW people living in Queensland.

the_boss_king
26-03-2021, 04:57 PM
i love canterbury, might not be our year for a few years to come. but we got alot to look forward too !