PDA

View Full Version : Question Ever dated someone and found out they secretly were a WL?

Sharphorse
14-03-2021, 02:15 PM
Sorry if a similar topic has been posted like this but don’t think I’ve seen any in my brief-ish time on here. Have seen endless threads on dating WLs and I get that’s tiresome. Seems like half or most of the people on here have had dating, relationship, sexual encounters with WLs outside of shops even though 90% of the time it doesn’t end well. This is a different topic

Wondering, anyone been dating someone then found out they were a WL in secret?
A bit over 10 years ago I was dating a girl, she was 19,20yo and I was 24, 25yo. Sometimes we’d go days without talking and it was reasonably casual but that didn’t bother me too much. After awhile it fizzled out and she started dating some other guy who was abusive and over protective of her. So much so that he made her block me on social media so he didn’t have any threats or competition perhaps?

One day later down the track I made a Twitter account and stumbled across hers and noticed she posted that she was “LOLing” at guys posting reviews of her and didn’t know what she meant. After lurking a bit more found her backpage ad and was like holy shit! I had never punted at that stage yet so was a bit of a shock and reading guys posting reviews, saying stuff like “she’s a very pretty girl but weird attitude like she has just given up on life” was a bit of a surprise but in a way did make sense of some of her odd behaviours of when I was with her.

Awhile later I bumped into her randomly at a music festival and we had a bit of a chat about things but I didn’t bring up her working life. Wanted to keep hanging with her but she said possessive guy was here so we better go out seperate ways. I said I didn’t care or felt threatened by him but whatever makes her feel safest. Never seen her again after that nor had any contact but sometimes I still think about her. Wonder if that controlling guy knew about her “other job” and what he would have done and just generally wonder how she’s doing. She’s not a long lost love that I’d want to pursue again but just hope she’s safe, well and happy. She was a bit of wild oddball but fun to hang out with

Dettol
14-03-2021, 03:25 PM
Because if you are a WL, you definitely want to LOL at your reviews on Twitter.

Sharphorse
14-03-2021, 04:25 PM
Because if you are a WL, you definitely want to LOL at your reviews on Twitter.

I found it odd too. Might have been attention seeking or something especially given what the reviews were saying