PDA

View Full Version : General talk Shut Melbourne border 😬

Starved
23-05-2021, 09:22 AM
https://apple.news/Am1nILB1mQhu9486g5JwCow

rooter
23-05-2021, 10:11 AM
Relax bro.
You don't have to shut down borders to avoid catching STI's.
The simple solution is to abstain from sex, or remain in a monogamous relationship to avoid risk completely, or if that's too hard for you then at least to use condoms to reduce the risk.
No need for extreme measures like shutting borders.
You can go to Melbourne and enjoy yourself without seeking hookers, tinder/grinder dates, gay beats etc.
Nobody is going to force you to have sex down there :)

letsgo
23-05-2021, 11:56 AM
Am I the only one that thought OP was being sarcastic...

Starved
23-05-2021, 01:11 PM
yeah yeah !
Had to lengthen so I could post !

JJBlows
23-05-2021, 02:41 PM
Kinda makes sense with lock down measures relaxed, now that people are allowed go out to interact with each other, of course more people will be banging each other resulting in an increase of sti's

One23Four
25-05-2021, 07:36 PM
They will shut the Melbourne border soon but not due to STD, though scary yet not to the extent of Coronavirus with the current outbreak in Melbourne city not looking good.

One23Four
27-05-2021, 12:27 PM
Melbourne and perhaps the whole of Victoria will be in lockdown soon. Victorians are fleeing the the state since yesterday in the afternoon mostly to Sydney. Perhaps the more popular shops in the city should require their NEW customers to show their residential address to prove they are not from Victoria to protect the girls and other customers as before.

cuteguy
27-05-2021, 02:06 PM
Melbourne and perhaps the whole of Victoria will be in lockdown soon. Victorians are fleeing the the state since yesterday in the afternoon mostly to Sydney. Perhaps the more popular shops in the city should require their NEW customers to show their residential address to prove they are not from Victoria to protect the girls and other customers as before.

That's not good news for NSW. If anyone has Covid19 and is unaware they have it then they could spread it in our state if they cross the border.

buster
27-05-2021, 04:11 PM
Best thing the Govt can do is accelerate their vaccination roll-out ... really dropped the ball

imaragingbull
28-05-2021, 03:36 AM
New Yorker here, who is on the cusp of returning home. Australia is looking like a laughing stock with these obscene measures to eliminate any positive cases.

There must be so much apprehension to plan anything or have conviction to travel interstate with these over-reactions. Any one truly vulnerable (elderly, compromised) should have now had the ability be vaccinated, or otherwise live as hermits for the foreseeable future

What’s the public sentiment? Are you happy to have lockdowns every few months for fun? The rest of the world will have moved on by the 2nd half of this year, and Australia is nowhere.

/rant. Still looking forward to returning to Aus in some way... but I really scratch my head on this topic.

I guess everyone’s patience will wear thin when other similar countries to Australia are living their lives normally and Aus are still threatening prison to its own citizens.

Riff888
28-05-2021, 06:13 AM
New Yorker here, who is on the cusp of returning home. Australia is looking like a laughing stock with these obscene measures to eliminate any positive cases.

There must be so much apprehension to plan anything or have conviction to travel interstate with these over-reactions. Any one truly vulnerable (elderly, compromised) should have now had the ability be vaccinated, or otherwise live as hermits for the foreseeable future

What’s the public sentiment? Are you happy to have lockdowns every few months for fun? The rest of the world will have moved on by the 2nd half of this year, and Australia is nowhere.

/rant. Still looking forward to returning to Aus in some way... but I really scratch my head on this topic.

I guess everyone’s patience will wear thin when other similar countries to Australia are living their lives normally and Aus are still threatening prison to its own citizens.Sounds like you should stay over there then but talk about the kettle calling the pot black [emoji1787]

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

brotherjim
28-05-2021, 03:07 PM

I guess everyone’s patience will wear thin when other similar countries to Australia are living their lives normally and Aus are still threatening prison to its own citizens.

People are not happy with lock downs. But the issue is people think that the borders should remain closed and that any outbreaks which are all linked to hotel quarantine is a failure that could be prevented.

The other issue is closed borders have been political and have got a few governments re-elected. For example Queensland who surprise surprise the moment their state election was over have a more sensible approach to dealing with outbreaks as opposed to before when it was lock a whole state out.

The bigger issue is the federal election is due sometime in the next 12 months so no way the PM will risk reopening borders are stating what needs to be stated which is to get back to normality vaccination needs to be accelerated and international borders reopened and that there will be outbreaks.

dannyboy
28-05-2021, 03:17 PM

I've been living a completely normal life since the pandemic began here in Qld, all while NYC had severe restrictions and mask mandates.. Stay there mate, your starting to sound just like those septic tanks...

One23Four
28-05-2021, 06:02 PM
I guess most people in other parts of the World do envy Australia being able to be free of Coronavirus most of time with minimal outbreaks but all controlled within a short period of time except Victoria (which is still not bad comparing with the situations other countries) Most Australian don’t mind closing the border until the vaccination program here is completed hopefully by the end of the year or early next year. Most of us have been able to preserve 70-80% of our way of life before the pandemic and we are very lucky.

Many are speculating that the Federal Election will be called before end of the year by the Coalition to take advantage of the generally good perception of the Coalition’s policies and measures to deal with the pandemic including the closing the borders.

Yougottabe
28-05-2021, 10:43 PM
The reasons the people want the Borders closed is because they have been brainwashed by the media especially News Ltd. Dan Andrews has been attacked by the Herald Sun for the best part of 12 months. Apparently the latest outbreak is his fault even though he fell down the stairs 2 months ago & hasn’t even been around. Correct me if I’m wrong didn’t the latest outbreak have a link with South Australia. NSW has actually been Victoria’s best friend even last year when Victoria was in dire straits NSW didn’t shut its border until they had no choice. Every other state is panicking again except NSW. Let’s not forget Dan Andrews was the most popular state leader by shitloads before COVID & he’ll probably still win Victoria’s next state election. As for Australia being a laughing stock with the extreme measures. The Yanks were in denial under Trump about COVID and thousands died. One last rant of this rant Scott Morrison & the Liberal party have been too slow with the rollout & now we have a situation in Victoria that people are panicking about getting Vacinated because of what happened last year. This might be an unpopular opinion but Victoria should’ve been vaccinated before every other state because of what happened last year and then or at the same time NSW. Why bother with WA & SA when they have virtually bugger all cases in the last 12 months. Rant Over.

Vader
28-05-2021, 11:25 PM
The reasons the people want the Borders closed is because they have been brainwashed by the media especially News Ltd. Dan Andrews has been attacked by the Herald Sun for the best part of 12 months. Apparently the latest outbreak is his fault even though he fell down the stairs 2 months ago & hasn’t even been around. Correct me if I’m wrong didn’t the latest outbreak have a link with South Australia. NSW has actually been Victoria’s best friend even last year when Victoria was in dire straits NSW didn’t shut its border until they had no choice. Every other state is panicking again except NSW. Let’s not forget Dan Andrews was the most popular state leader by shitloads before COVID & he’ll probably still win Victoria’s next state election. As for Australia being a laughing stock with the extreme measures. The Yanks were in denial under Trump about COVID and thousands died. One last rant of this rant Scott Morrison & the Liberal party have been too slow with the rollout & now we have a situation in Victoria that people are panicking about getting Vacinated because of what happened last year. This might be an unpopular opinion but Victoria should’ve been vaccinated before every other state because of what happened last year and then or at the same time NSW. Why bother with WA & SA when they have virtually bugger all cases in the last 12 months. Rant Over.

Victoria's problem is it's very poor contact tracing which started under Chairman Dan and don't tell me he isn't calling the shots. Plus no one in his Government knows who awarded a multi million security contract. Give me strength.

imaragingbull
29-05-2021, 03:40 AM
Fact of the matter is the planning regarding both quarantine and sufficient vaccination rollout has been pathetic.

#1 - Australia has one of the most onerous quarantine measures for its own citizens. How is it > 12 months later and it still isn’t improved (if you want to mandate 14 days mandatory, which is ridiculous in itself. Even for vaccinated persons now.
#2 - Vaccines should have been ordered and prepared to get the country inoculated ASAFP, yet here Australia is with similar per capita figures as countries like Fiji, Samoa. There is no excuse on this front. This is the end goal to move on from it... so why wasn’t this prioritised?

Agree with all the comments regarding the political nature of all of this, and this is the crux on the rant. New York did just fine after the initial shock in March 2020 (understandable given the travel into and out of the city). Since that point, there were an initial 1-2 months of guidance to stop the spread, but since has been an ongoing effort to safely help people make their livelihoods. No onerous restrictions on travel and quarantine, and guidance that wearing a mask in public is better for all of our interests.

The thing is, anyone vulnerable has had the chance to be vaccinated, and older people got vaccinated, and now anyone who chose not to has weighed up the risk of potentially coming across this respiratory virus. These individual’s decisions don’t impact the lives and livelihood of the general public.

The sentiment seems to be turning and Australia is realising it’s no longer ‘cool’ to lock down (cancel Christmas, miss weddings, funerals, cost people their careers). How long can this honestly go on for? Get the vaccine, and move on.

Announcing prison time for your own citizens wanting to come home is a joke.

Everything RE the US is exaggerated in Australian media. Summer is here with the Memorial Day Weekend, and sexual tension has been built up over the past year. It’s hot girl summer here now, and people can plan their summer trips without fear of shutdowns. I will enjoy that prior to the return.

I don’t mean to be jarring/combative, it’s just my frustration and opinion that Australia has squandered the opportunity to capitalise on its earlier success. I look forward to joining you all on the Sydney punting scene in the coming months and in the AR section.

DudPuntTerminator
30-05-2021, 09:26 AM
The best period of pandemic was the period that massage and brothel allow to open is Sydney but still remain lock down to each other. I think that was the perfect stage for Sydney people. Girl can't move interstate which they are currently doing and worsen the shortage issue in Sydney.

Also because we are doing quite well in NSW and stopped two or three outbreaks, people seems to be too comfortable and not realize the virus is still around us. Just look at how crowded trains are!!