PDA

View Full Version : Question Do Dash cam’s have a pause button

Starved
28-05-2021, 01:52 PM
Thinking of getting a dash cam and wondered if they have a pause button.
Easier to ask here than do the research.

1inchguy
28-05-2021, 02:07 PM
Why would you want to pause?
Unless you're concerned with battery. When car is parked it would go onto standby mode and would only record when there's movement.
Can turn off manually .
Or take screenshots.
But I would believe so depends on the cam?

devo69
28-05-2021, 02:12 PM
I'm guessing you don't own a dash cam.
What did you do? Nail some bird on the bonnet of someone's car?

Meng
28-05-2021, 03:36 PM
Probably concerned wife might watch the feed and ask why he's parked outside of a brothel all the time.

wachumba
28-05-2021, 04:55 PM
if you want to drive somewhere and just pause it so it doesnt record that period, you have to turn it off or unplug it. They usually turn on whenever you turn the car on. Some only record while the car is on. Some also record when the car is off while parking. You get whichever features you want.

Starved
29-05-2021, 09:58 AM
Thanks for your reply’s
Yes just thought I didn’t want it recorded heading to a brothel.
Sounds easy to just unplug if there not hard wired 👍

adahar
29-05-2021, 11:58 AM
The dilemma is; what happens if you have a collision on the way to said brothel? It may increase the number of awkward questions, especially when you may need it to prove who's at fault.

youngheart
29-05-2021, 01:26 PM
The real issue is getting caught where you shouldn't be.

But you should think, how long does it take to overwrite the current long term memory in the device.
Mine is around 20hours of recording. seeing I do around 4 hours in the car every 5 working days, add the weekend and its less than a week.

Now you should also consider how smart your car is ?

Did you know that any recent car with an inbuilt nav unit and a can-buss (they started in the 1990's) can be track0ing you.
Crash investigators are able to interrogate motor vehicles for much info, you might be surprised and prefer to run around in an old 1980's or earlier era vehicle (if you can afford one :surprise:

Vader
29-05-2021, 01:58 PM
The real issue is getting caught where you shouldn't be.

But you should think, how long does it take to overwrite the current long term memory in the device.
Mine is around 20hours of recording. seeing I do around 4 hours in the car every 5 working days, add the weekend and its less than a week.

Now you should also consider how smart your car is ?

Did you know that any recent car with an inbuilt nav unit and a can-buss (they started in the 1990's) can be track0ing you.
Crash investigators are able to interrogate motor vehicles for much info, you might be surprised and prefer to run around in an old 1980's or earlier era vehicle (if you can afford one :surprise:

Yep, you are correct about the smart car as it has recorded every area you have been. That is why experts say to constantly delete everything. Plus your smart phone. Big brother is tracking you all the time whether walking or in your car

GoldfishMan
29-05-2021, 02:05 PM
Just get some blue tack and black out the lense on the dash cam, lol. Then say it malfunctioned somehow.
Seriously though, if your partner is the type who is "proactive" enough to snoop around dash cam footage, sat nav records, etc., to check your movements, you're really in a sticky situation trying to punt. Where there's a will, there's a way, as they say. She will find something no matter what you do.

letsgo
29-05-2021, 11:30 PM
if you think your partner is very attentive to things like this she will easily suspect something is wrong, random missing footage, you mysteriously ending your trip from one place and starting somewhere else it’s easy to piece.

local
30-05-2021, 11:17 AM
if you think your partner is very attentive to things like this she will easily suspect something is wrong, random missing footage, you mysteriously ending your trip from one place and starting somewhere else it’s easy to piece.

Turn off telephone (and leave somewhere).
use burner type phone and use public transport.
DO NOT use normal opal card.
DO NOT USE CREDIT CARD INSTEAD OF OPAL CARD.
Damn it, you cannot use cash anymore !!

But you can buy an opal card with cash, and keep it topped up with cash.

Modern society makes it hard nowadays to keep secrets.