PDA

View Full Version : General talk QR code

dotcumdotinyou
02-07-2021, 02:15 PM
Just found out that as of Monday 12 July it will be mandatory for all businesses and workplaces to use the service NSW covid safe check in. Even my little factory with a couple of employees needs to register and everyone who comes in (including me) will have to check in.

That means that all brothels and massage will have to have it and we'll all have to check in when we visit.

Big brother is now watching us 24/7.

krnboy
02-07-2021, 03:07 PM
Just found out that as of Monday 12 July it will be mandatory for all businesses and workplaces to use the service NSW covid safe check in. Even my little factory with a couple of employees needs to register and everyone who comes in (including me) will have to check in.

That means that all brothels and massage will have to have it and we'll all have to check in when we visit.

I guess a lot of punters will be going to privates

lonely heart
02-07-2021, 03:13 PM
Well mandatory scanning was suppose to happen anyway. Some where along the line it was dropped.

As for punters especially those need to hide, time to start invest in a dual sim phone and buy used sims from Asian phone shops.

Rogeryou
02-07-2021, 03:18 PM
So what happens if you don’t have a phone?! No would have to offer a manual sign in too

krnboy
02-07-2021, 03:19 PM
So what happens if you don’t have a phone?! No would have to offer a manual sign in too

Yup, either or I reckon. But no one records their real number

adahar
02-07-2021, 03:22 PM

That was always the case but I've never been asked to check in yet. How they might, if at all, police this is anybody's guess. I have a suspicion but I won't flag it here.

This is happening in all states. Not only for all businesses but the dwell time is being reduced from 15 minutes to 0. This will result in an exponential increase in the data set that will ensure lock downs will happen quicker if "unknown" cases increase beyond a certain threshold. My guess is that'll be about 30, any more days with steady rates will trigger a lock down. This could become a common occurrence in stage 1 (the current stage).

This seems at odds with the "roadmap" that declares a lock down as a "last resort" but with defining conditions (stage 2).

This is about to get even more complicated folks, better hold on.

adahar
02-07-2021, 03:23 PM

They sign in for you on a webform on the NSW service site.

adahar
02-07-2021, 03:34 PM
Yup, either or I reckon. But no one records their real number

They've thought of that.

If you sign in on the webform (your phone or the business phone) the system may send a code to that number for you to confirm, no confirmation, no "tick" no entry.

TheMaestro
02-07-2021, 04:22 PM
Crazy! Big brother is here!! So long as Sonia Kruger is involved!!!

dotcumdotinyou
02-07-2021, 04:46 PM
Don't know how they check for compliance, all they say is "inspectors have been asked to monitor the situation alongside the NSW police.

It has always been the case but it wasn't mandatory before, as from Monday the 12th it is.

smn5746
02-07-2021, 05:11 PM
Well mandatory scanning was suppose to happen anyway. Some where along the line it was dropped.

As for punters especially those need to hide, time to start invest in a dual sim phone and buy used sims from Asian phone shops.

How’s that going to work, u still checking in through the NSW services app. Which has your real ID ?

smn5746
02-07-2021, 05:19 PM
Don't know how they check for compliance, all they say is "inspectors have been asked to monitor the situation alongside the NSW police.

It has always been the case but it wasn't mandatory before, as from Monday the 12th it is.

I think it will physically impossible for them
to check, more the fear of been caught.
If they they need to contact tract and people / business haven’t been checking in. They have the option to fine them.
It will madness just getting through the door in Woolies and Coles

spir55
02-07-2021, 10:13 PM
for information on sex during these times visit https://playsafe.health.nsw.gov.au/latest-need-to-knows/

TheMaestro
02-07-2021, 10:14 PM
for information on sex during these times visit https://playsafe.health.nsw.gov.au/latest-need-to-knows/

So we can't do BBFS with WLs then? What if we wear a mask???

rooter
02-07-2021, 11:18 PM
Those giant alien lizards are slowly turning the screws.
We are all doomed.

aussiegaigin
03-07-2021, 12:44 AM
I was in an Aldi shop today. They wouldn't let me pass the register until I showed that I had checked in. I had, but they had a QR poster on the screen.

I was in Qld a couple of weeks ago. They have their own QR app there, you won't get served if you haven't checked in, but you don't need to check out after.

Rogeryou
03-07-2021, 01:25 AM
I was in an Aldi shop today. They wouldn't let me pass the register until I showed that I had checked in. I had, but they had a QR poster on the screen.

I was in Qld a couple of weeks ago. They have their own QR app there, you won't get served if you haven't checked in, but you don't need to check out after.

Both my parents don’t have phones! When I walk into a brothel I simply won’t have a phone , there will be the option 110%

GoldfishMan
03-07-2021, 04:48 AM
How’s that going to work, u still checking in through the NSW services app. Which has your real ID ?
It may be possible, but you'll literally need to setup an alter ego in Google or IOS, not enter any driver license details in the app, etc.
It's a lot of trouble just to avoid being caught by your missus going to a brothel.

adahar
03-07-2021, 10:44 AM
They have their own QR app there, you won't get served if you haven't checked in, but you don't need to check out after.

If you don't check out on departure you risk getting a text if the place is listed as an exposure site. A close/casual contact could enter the place after you left. No risk to you but the system won't know that.

This could be especially irritating if you're being naughty. If you're going to check in then make sure you check out.

aussiegaigin
03-07-2021, 12:33 PM
If you don't check out on departure you risk getting a text if the place is listed as an exposure site. A close/casual contact could enter the place after you left. No risk to you but the system won't know that.

This could be especially irritating if you're being naughty. If you're going to check in then make sure you check out.

There is no provision in the Qld app to sign out of a site; you can only sign in. You can still get a notification, but I guess you have to decide if you were still there at the affected times.

In the NSW app, if you QR into a shopping centre, then QR into a specific shop inside, you can't get back into the original check-in entry to check out.

adahar
03-07-2021, 01:05 PM
There is no provision in the Qld app to sign out of a site; you can only sign in. You can still get a notification, but I guess you have to decide if you were still there at the affected times.

In the NSW app, if you QR into a shopping centre, then QR into a specific shop inside, you can't get back into the original check-in entry to check out.

Know nothing about the Qld app, a serious design flaw IMO. Perhaps it was deliberate? QR check in's are primarily used to generate testing lists anyway.

The NSW app:- you don't have to return to where you checked in, do this instead (from the NSW website).

"To check out:

open the Service NSW app
go to COVID Safe Check-in
tap the Recent tab
tap the Check out button."

I assume it links to the last check in you made. The longer you leave it the higher the risk of getting pinged.

However, if they checked in for you via the webform I guess you'll have to go back to them to checkout. Must admit I don't know how that works as they would either have to retrieve the original record or re-enter your details and tap a "check out" button.

TheMaestro
03-07-2021, 02:05 PM
My local Woolworths has now begun enforcing the sign in today.

aussiegaigin
03-07-2021, 02:16 PM
Know nothing about the Qld app, a serious design flaw IMO. Perhaps it was deliberate? QR check in's are primarily used to generate testing lists anyway.

The NSW app:- you don't have to return to where you checked in, do this instead (from the NSW website).

"To check out:

open the Service NSW app
go to COVID Safe Check-in
tap the Recent tab
tap the Check out button."

I assume it links to the last check in you made. The longer you leave it the higher the risk of getting pinged.

The "recent" tab only brings up the "most recent". Previous entries go into the history tab. I have several of these marked "check out pending" but no apparent way to access them to do so.

In theory, I would have to check out of the centre before I go into the shop, then when I check out of the shop I'd have to go looking for a centre QR poster to check back into the centre again. Perhaps this is where the Qld system is better?

TheMaestro
03-07-2021, 02:22 PM
The "recent" tab only brings up the "most recent". Previous entries go into the history tab. I have several of these marked "check out pending" but no apparent way to access them to do so.

In theory, I would have to check out of the centre before I go into the shop, then when I check out of the shop I'd have to go looking for a centre QR poster to check back into the centre again.

That is crazy! By the time you have fucked around you have doubled your exposure times and will probably get COVID.

local
03-07-2021, 02:23 PM
My local Woolworths has now begun enforcing the sign in today.

Couple in front of me today, got turned away, claim they had no phone, Shop assistant simply said, sorry you are not welcome here, goodbye.

adahar
03-07-2021, 04:26 PM

In theory, I would have to check out of the centre before I go into the shop, then when I check out of the shop I'd have to go looking for a centre QR poster to check back into the centre again. Perhaps this is where the Qld system is better?

Well, I didn't say it made sense. The idiocy this presents will be come clear if another outbreak occurs and people try to figure out whether it applies to them.

adahar
03-07-2021, 04:37 PM
Couple in front of me today, got turned away, claim they had no phone, Shop assistant simply said, sorry you are not welcome here, goodbye.

They are supposed to offer an alternative (webform) if people don't have a phone but then again they have the right to refuse entry.

When it becomes mandatory it would make sense for critical shops (food etc.) to be unable to refuse entry. I can see the Sunday Telegraph story now, "Pensioner couple die of starvation, unable to buy food because supermarkets refuse entry due to no phone".

Keep in mind there's an awful lot of phones out there there don't have scanning ability. Can't speak for Apple IOS but Android doesn't appear to have scanning under rev 9, which is on a lot of cheaper brands. There's also a lot of "dumb" phones still on 3G. One brand actively promoting to Seniors, simple, big buttons, no apps etc.

GoldfishMan
03-07-2021, 05:42 PM
The irony of the QR code check-in is that you end up having to huddle closer together just to get at that QR code. Like in my local Coles, they have a 1m X 1m board with 2 QR codes stuck on it. Hard to stay at 1.5 m apart when there are 10 people trying to scan.

dannyboy
03-07-2021, 09:30 PM
They are supposed to offer an alternative (webform) if people don't have a phone but then again they have the right to refuse entry.

When it becomes mandatory it would make sense for critical shops (food etc.) to be unable to refuse entry. I can see the Sunday Telegraph story now, "Pensioner couple die of starvation, unable to buy food because supermarkets refuse entry due to no phone".

Keep in mind there's an awful lot of phones out there there don't have scanning ability. Can't speak for Apple IOS but Android doesn't appear to have scanning under rev 9, which is on a lot of cheaper brands. There's also a lot of "dumb" phones still on 3G. One brand actively promoting to Seniors, simple, big buttons, no apps etc.

They have to either have an ipad to sign people in or an actual book for people to provide their name and number, woolworths shouldn't be turning people away, that's ridiculous...

adahar
03-07-2021, 09:57 PM
They have to either have an ipad to sign people in or an actual book for people to provide their name and number, woolworths shouldn't be turning people away, that's ridiculous...

Totally agree.

Electronic check in is mandatory for those venues that were already mandatory, now that all retail will be mandatory it's unclear if the same standard will be applied? When the PHO is released we might know.

konfuzion
03-07-2021, 10:11 PM
I see qr code in shop but no one say to scan only there for show

Climax598
03-07-2021, 10:57 PM
Last year when it just open I have to sign in using QR I told the ml no so she hand me a forms to fill in my fack number. We have a good time.

surething91
03-07-2021, 11:35 PM
Let's save the world with a QR code!

adahar
04-07-2021, 01:17 AM
Let's save the world with a QR code!

Could be the return of Max Headroom.

dannyboy
04-07-2021, 02:02 PM
By phase 4 of slomos plan all this will be finished

rooter
04-07-2021, 02:21 PM
By phase 4 of slomos plan all this will be finished

Yeah, Phase 4 is a long way away.
There was nothing new in the 4 Phase plan. It was just stating the obvious really.

JJBlows
04-07-2021, 02:22 PM

If you have a smart phone they already can track you so don't worry about QR codes and microchips in vaccines.

I disabled all my apps permissions, literally everything and I was talking about sexy lingerie to a friend, next minute scrolling through face book and I am getting adds about lingerie and she was as well 🤨🧐

Riff888
04-07-2021, 03:27 PM
By phase 4 of slomos plan all this will be finishedLol this also depends on people getting vaccinated.

Phase 4: 'Back to normal' — almost
Mr Morrison described the final phase of the plan as being "back to normal", but there will be some remnants of the pandemic remaining.

For instance, in his description of potential changes, he said only vaccinated people may be exempted from quarantine, and also described testing of arrivals into the country.

But, as with every previous stage, movement to phase 4 would be incumbent upon Australians choosing to be vaccinated against COVID-19.

"If you get vaccinated, you get to change how we live as a country. You get to change how you live in Australia," Mr Morrison said.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-02/covid-lockdown-vaccination-phases-national-cabinet/100262808

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

Riff888
04-07-2021, 03:31 PM
If you have a smart phone they already can track you so don't worry about QR codes and microchips in vaccines.

I disabled all my apps permissions, literally everything and I was talking about sexy lingerie to a friend, next minute scrolling through face book and I am getting adds about lingerie and she was as well [emoji2955][emoji3166]This is what I do with decision engines and machine learning.

You need to search for stuff in Incognito mode. It also helps to clear your cookies and history from time to time.

The cookies and you email if matched to the same email used in social media.

JJBlows
04-07-2021, 03:44 PM
This is what I do with decision engines and machine learning.

You need to search for stuff in Incognito mode. It also helps to clear your cookies and history from time to time.

That's the thing, never googled it at all or looked up. Was a verbal discussion for about 45 mins. I even disable mic in app permissions and it still popped up

GoldfishMan
04-07-2021, 03:58 PM
This is what I do with decision engines and machine learning.

That incognito trick might work for the annoying stuff like embedded ads and stuff, but if you really want to be "covert", it's not the best tool. Stuff like your IP address, network routes, etc can still be kept and then the moment you lose discipline and use cookies, all that hard work to cover your tracks is undone. It's all about being able to identify the machine and the human. They don't need both to be present at the same time to do it.

adahar
04-07-2021, 05:44 PM
Popped into Woolies today.

Girl at the entrance clutching a tablet. Confirmed she was able to check in customers, asked about checking out. She advised that you can do that with the NSW app but she has no way of checking you out (of the store). I persisted but she checked the app and said no options exist.

This makes sense as it would need to either recall your registration or require re-entry to data match. No need for such niceties so you'll have to trust a contact to not register after you've left.

So, if you don't "have" your phone or it doesn't scan you'll just have to keep a manual record of your exit time, then argue the toss if you get pinged. I asked in a smaller store and I might well have asked what the volume of a black hole is.

rooter
04-07-2021, 05:50 PM
OMG! The government will know that at 1:03 PM you went to the Parramatta Coles and purchased Tim Tams, Campbells soup, Dairy Farmers Yoghurt, and Chux Superwipes..
It's worse than Hitler's Germany, or Stalin's Russia.
They will send you to a death camp or gulag for sure
It's the end of freedom and democracy.

TheMaestro
04-07-2021, 07:05 PM
OMG! The government will know that at 1:03 PM you went to the Parramatta Coles and purchased Tim Tams, Campbells soup, Dairy Farmers Yoghurt, and Chux Superwipes..

Don't forget the condoms and lube. Except the Punterman, he just goes bare back!

adahar
04-07-2021, 09:11 PM

This could be the prediction of the decade.

On a slightly more serious note, just consider whether this will go away when we reach "Phase 4" in 3 to 4 years time. My bet is that it won't.

dannyboy
04-07-2021, 09:23 PM
Popped into Woolies today.

Girl at the entrance clutching a tablet. Confirmed she was able to check in customers, asked about checking out. She advised that you can do that with the NSW app but she has no way of checking you out (of the store). I persisted but she checked the app and said no options exist.

This makes sense as it would need to either recall your registration or require re-entry to data match. No need for such niceties so you'll have to trust a contact to not register after you've left.

So, if you don't "have" your phone or it doesn't scan you'll just have to keep a manual record of your exit time, then argue the toss if you get pinged. I asked in a smaller store and I might well have asked what the volume of a black hole is.

The QLD app has no option to check out either, which is weird as people will have to potentially isolate as they have no idea what time you left the location...

surething91
05-07-2021, 10:42 AM
Hehe yeah we don't care about privacy... That's why:
1/ we enter a shop using the backdoor
2/ we don't give our full name to the shop
3/ we don't give our phone number
4/ we don't pay by card
5/ we try not to be seen by other punters inside the shop
6/ we are anonymously speaking in this forum
Etc...

I say "we" for in general. Of course some of us don't give a fuck and I don't either. But it doesn't mean we shouldn't care!

Why would you care about privacy in a brothel and not at Coles? Maybe you don't want random people to know your life. Isn't it your right?
Just having a look at what's been happening in China the last decades should at least put us on guard.

I'm not saying our government here in Australia spy on us or other BS and I think they do our best to protect our privacy. But I don't know a technology without any leaks/hacks or whatever.

And it's not like this QR code thing we've been checking in for around 1 year has preventing lockdowns... Is it worth it? I'm just asking.

adahar
05-07-2021, 12:19 PM
And it's not like this QR code thing we've been checking in for around 1 year has preventing lockdowns...

QR codes are not designed to prevent lock downs, regardless of what the govt says.

When they didn't exist contact tracing could only be done in an analogue way, much too slow to stop the spread, so a lock down is the only way. Now we have them, the data flow is too much to catch infections, so a lock down is used to catch up.

The sweet spot (up to 20 infections daily) can be managed without a lock down using QR codes to drive testing numbers. If cases rise then a lock down is inevitable to dull the spread and make space for data overload.

Mandatory check in's everywhere has the potential to increase the data load exponentially therefore that sweet spot becomes increasingly sensitive. The length of the lock down will depend on case analysis and data clearance rates.

The fact that a Woolies (all day for two days) and Coles are now on the site exposure list as close contact settings is testament to this process.

Shopping at Hillsdale Woolies on either of those days will reward you of a test and 14 days of personal lock down. This effectively includes your partner, family, friends and work colleagues as casual contacts. Not checking in won't save you as they will check card usage and get your info that way.

Case numbers released today, the data suggests an extension of at least 1 week probably 2. If cases persist until Wednesday then get prepared. They need 5 to 10 days of clear air to end lock down.

aussiegaigin
05-07-2021, 06:38 PM
Got a response to my query about the double check in conundrum:

if you don't check out of a location prior to checking into a new one, you won't be able to check out at a later time. Remembering to check out at the end of your visit can help improve the accuracy of contact tracing, however, you don't have to check out.

GoldfishMan
05-07-2021, 07:06 PM
Isn't it obvious that they can easily figure out that you've left one place and gone to another, simply by you checking into the next destination? I mean, you're not the multiplying man, are you? You can only be at one place at a time.
The only time you might want to worry about checking out is when you leave an indoor venue to the great outdoors. That's when you might want to check out.

adahar
05-07-2021, 08:33 PM
Got a response to my query about the double check in conundrum:

Isn't it obvious that they can easily figure out that you've left one place and gone to another, simply by you checking into the next destination?

I'm not sure it was ever a conundrum!

No, you don't need to check out but if you think anyone is going to try figure out your individual movements you're sadly mistaken. Check in's drive testing rates, the more people they capture the better it is (for them). They'll have thousands of registrations to deal with. Unless they have specific software to deal with it, which I doubt, you'll simply get a text.

Why would you put yourself in the position of a test + quarantine + inconvenience to family and friends because you don't check out.

But then, it is up to the individual.

GoldfishMan
05-07-2021, 09:01 PM
I'm not sure it was ever a conundrum!

No, you don't need to check out but if you think anyone is going to try figure out your individual movements you're sadly mistaken. Check in's drive testing rates, the more people they capture the better it is (for them). They'll have thousands of registrations to deal with. Unless they have specific software to deal with it, which I doubt, you'll simply get a text.

Why would you put yourself in the position of a test + quarantine + inconvenience to family and friends because you don't check out.

But then, it is up to the individual.
Where did you see that they were actually using the QR code check-in system to enforce close contact testing and quarantine? All I see in daily announcements is the Gov continuously telling people "if you've been to so and so place at so and so time, you need to go get tested and quarantine". It is again the same old self-policing tactic.

On the other hand, what they DO use the QR code for, is to track where each infected case has been to. That's how they come up with the close contacts exposure sites list.
Yeah you're right they're not gonna track everyone's every movement, but that argument also renders your fears of being forced into quarantine moot if you think about it.

spir55
05-07-2021, 09:43 PM
do you need to qr scan when you leave a shop as well?

adahar
05-07-2021, 11:43 PM
Where did you see that they were actually using the QR code check-in system to enforce close contact testing and quarantine? All I see in daily announcements is the Gov continuously telling people "if you've been to so and so place at so and so time, you need to go get tested and quarantine". It is again the same old self-policing tactic.

On the other hand, what they DO use the QR code for, is to track where each infected case has been to. That's how they come up with the close contacts exposure sites list.
Yeah you're right they're not gonna track everyone's every movement, but that argument also renders your fears of being forced into quarantine moot if you think about it.

The lists are generated when a positive case reveals their phone number. The database is interrogated with that number which reveals the businesses they've checked into. That subset is interrogated for numbers that checked in subsequent to the case. If the case didn't check out then it's likely that everyone on that day will be pinged. If they did check out then all the numbers present between those time stamps + an hour or two (maybe) will be pinged. These become close contacts and become subject to a test + quarantine + further tests.

Checking out gives you a chance to dodge that bullet.

The close contact numbers are investigated for their movements which generates the casual contact sites. Those people maybe pinged depending upon time stamps, location, relevance etc.

This is not contact tracing but merely generating lists of possibilities for testing. The real contact tracing starts with personal contacts that may not have a phone number anywhere in the system but are revealed by the case and close contacts . If they do have numbers in the system then those visited sites could be put into the mix.

The call for volunteering of being at exposure sites is due to lack of QR registrations. This is very inefficient and doesn't capture anywhere near enough people. 100 daily at a Coles is clearly unrealistic so mandatory check in's are necessary. This will resolve the Govt's pleading for testing numbers to be up.

The Govt doesn't publish how the tests are arrived at, a) people with symptoms, b) walk ins for exposure sites or c) QR generated lists. I've only heard of less than half a dozen cases found by QR codes, there may be more but the Govt hasn't made any noise about them.

This is the sad part, thousands of people together with their families, friends, work colleagues etc inconvenienced for so little benefit in my opinion. But it is what is is. Public Health has to give advice to the Govt and they need a firm basis to support that advice. The higher the testing rate the more the outcome can be justified, regardless if it's positive or negative. It's just a little annoying that's all.

adahar
05-07-2021, 11:50 PM

No you don't but, it's my opinion you should. Knowing exactly what time you were or weren't in there may limit your liability to be captured by the system.

It is completely your choice 'though.

aussiegaigin
06-07-2021, 03:19 PM

You don't need to scan again, you just check out in the app. You can "back date" the time later if you forget at the time of leaving. You should get a reminder message after a couple of hours, if you haven't.

adahar
06-07-2021, 04:38 PM
You don't need to scan again, you just check out in the app. You can "back date" the time later if you forget at the time of leaving. You should get a reminder message after a couple of hours, if you haven't.

Are you saying you can "check out" remotely and also nominate your exit time?

Seems like a bit of a loophole to me!

Isaidwtf
06-07-2021, 04:45 PM
I will not be signing into any check in app. Not keen to be tracked while doing the deed.

rooter
06-07-2021, 04:51 PM
The QR code is a pain in the arse.
I can see the reasons why we have it, but it is still a pain in the arse.
But we have to keep some perspective and context.
In Australia we have had pandemic-lite compared to the rest of the world.
We have had nowhere near the amount of cases or deaths and nowhere near the economic damage most other countries have suffered.
So if we have to put up with some inconveniences and some invasions of privacy to keep that then I think that is a fair enough price to pay.
We definitely have to be vigilant though in monitoring and then winding back these encroachments on privacy, but that is a fight to be fought in the future.
The bottom line is we are a liberal democracy with a shit load of checks and balances; parliament, elections, free media (traditional and social), the judiciary, pressure groups, demonstrations, culture, universities, an educated population etc.
We are not China or Saudi Arabia or Ethiopia.
A regime where we have no rights or freedoms can happen but it is unlikely and won't be easy.
But as a wise man once said "the price of freedom is eternal vigilance".
End of sermon ... on the Mount ... of Venus :)

aussiegaigin
06-07-2021, 05:43 PM
Are you saying you can "check out" remotely and also nominate your exit time?

Seems like a bit of a loophole to me!

After you have checked in, a new page to check out appears and it shows the current time. You can scroll the clock back to set the time you actually left (or earlier if you want to cheat) but you can't scroll it forward.

adahar
06-07-2021, 06:03 PM
After you have checked in, a new page to check out appears and it shows the current time. You can scroll the clock back to set the time you actually left (or earlier if you want to cheat) but you can't scroll it forward.

Ok. That's good to know. Wasn't about cheating but ensuring limiting your liability to the actual time you spent there.

There's always the possibility that they don't take any notice of check out times, preferring to ping you with a text anyway. It's not like you know when the positive case was precisely there so you just have to trust the system.

YI88
06-07-2021, 06:56 PM
I generally agree with the QR codes. The state systems appear to be more reliable than the Commonwealth Covidsafe app which is never credited with finding any cases.

Fortunately I was an early adopter of the NSW QR app and I don't use it for anything other than QR codes. So the name is a pseudonym, and I have not added more recent features like history and reminders. However the phone number is correct. If I have been to an exposure site I want to know about it.

The system does remember and display your last check in and out but not earlier visits if you don't enable history. So if you are concerned about your privacy just remember to check in and out of the first take-away coffee shop after you have finished elsewhere.

For things like claiming "dine and discover" vouchers I use a PC, not the QR phone.

adahar
06-07-2021, 08:35 PM
.....Commonwealth Covidsafe app which is never credited with finding any cases.

None of these proximity apps have ever worked, anywhere. They produce an avalanche of data that simply cannot be relied upon. One trial long ago in the UK produced 70,000 contacts from a couple of test cases.

asgard
06-07-2021, 10:04 PM
There are a few ways around this
1. Disable the app and use the webform.
2. As the shop to log in for you, using the web form.
3. They can still use a manual form.

Any which way fill the form out use a fake name and fake number. But best to use your real number just in case something happens, but use a fake name.

Better to fill something out not to get the girls and shop into trouble. They dont have the legal right to ask you for your id.

smn5746
06-07-2021, 10:29 PM
I generally agree with the QR codes. The state systems appear to be more reliable than the Commonwealth Covidsafe app which is never credited with finding any cases.

Fortunately I was an early adopter of the NSW QR app and I don't use it for anything other than QR codes. So the name is a pseudonym, and I have not added more recent features like history and reminders. However the phone number is correct. If I have been to an exposure site I want to know about it.

The system does remember and display your last check in and out but not earlier visits if you don't enable history. So if you are concerned about your privacy just remember to check in and out of the first take-away coffee shop after you have finished elsewhere.

For things like claiming "dine and discover" vouchers I use a PC, not the QR phone.

Not sure what app u are using, but NSW app linked driver license car rego etc and the history of where u have checked in wasn’t an option it just appear one day.
Surely it doesn’t matter if u use a PC or app it’s all the same account

aussiegaigin
07-07-2021, 09:35 AM
The system does remember and display your last check in and out but not earlier visits if you don't enable history. So if you are concerned about your privacy just remember to check in and out of the first take-away coffee shop after you have finished elsewhere. You might be able to turn off "history" in your app, but I'll bet it is stored in the servers.

Rogeryou
07-07-2021, 09:46 AM
There is a fake covid NSW app link that’s come out. You basically you go to the link and you manually type in the name of the shop and it checks in so you can show it to the shop/brothel if they ask for check in proof.

surething91
07-07-2021, 10:54 AM
There are a few ways around this
1. Disable the app and use the webform.
2. As the shop to log in for you, using the web form.
3. They can still use a manual form.

Any which way fill the form out use a fake name and fake number. But best to use your real number just in case something happens, but use a fake name.

Better to fill something out not to get the girls and shop into trouble. They dont have the legal right to ask you for your id.
If you put your real phone number there is no point writing a fake name...

Funny thing once a waiter gave me his phone number to check in and I could see it was pre-filled with a previous customer data with name and phone number. I could have checked in this guy again ahah. I didn't of course and maybe it was a fake name anyway I didn't care.

DireStraits
07-07-2021, 11:47 AM
If you put your real phone number there is no point writing a fake name...

Actually, there is… Do you really want the shop (and potentially the ML/WL) knowing your real name?

surething91
07-07-2021, 12:48 PM
Actually, there is… Do you really want the shop (and potentially the ML/WL) knowing your real name?
I was more talking about the web form but yeah if you fill the paper form it's another story.

adahar
09-07-2021, 05:26 PM
Scanning the Qld PHO issued today for intel on the mandatory requirement for QR codes. A couple of interesting things that may be of interest to this forum.

Under "Beauty and personal care services" both "Massage (therapeutic)" and "Non-therapeutic massage" are listed. I wonder what Qld thinks the difference is from a description point of view or is it an admission that there are massage services that aren't necessarily therapeutic?

Under "High risk businesses, activities and undertakings," the activities are, "Adult entertainment venues (strip clubs), brothels, sex on premises venues and sole operator sex workers" which require check in which can be conditional with the following:-

"Where the use of the Check In Qld app would result in safety or liability issues, the business, activity or undertaking must:

collect contact information; and

comply with the requirements for collection and storage; and

if requested, provide the information collected to a public health officer within a stated time."

Just to be clear, I'm assuming that you might claim a liability issue, check in with the business and they must keep the record for 30 days and make it available if needed. This ensures a higher level of privacy. Data is held in house until Public Health wants to look at it (they may never need to). It's only used for contact tracing and can be deleted after 30 days. This is the only category where this clause applies.

Qld sex industry laws are different to NSW but it will interesting to see if these QR rules are mirrored here.

suka02
10-07-2021, 06:32 PM
I heard before that once you have the bluetooth on and your location is set on your phone. it still does track your record whereever you go even you don’t use QR scan.

lonely heart
11-07-2021, 09:44 AM
How they can enforce it? Easy, just integrated into the brothel license requirement. First time offence you get a fine and warning, second offence the license will be revoke.

This is lock down really fucking up the economy and I think we should all do out bit to end it. For long term I think all close space building should have compulsory check in.

Climax598
11-07-2021, 09:56 AM
I heard before that once you have the bluetooth on and your location is set on your phone. it still does track your record whereever you go even you don’t use QR scan.
I heard even you turn your phone off you still be track. The only way is too stop tracking is to take the sim out from your phone. I read some way a few years ago.

lonely heart
11-07-2021, 10:09 AM
I heard even you turn your phone off you still be track. The only way is too stop tracking is to take the sim out from your phone. I read some way a few years ago.

With removable battery a chapter of history, it is absolutely possible. They just have to fake the 0% battery in software. As long as there are power left, there is not reason why they can't make you phone lights up like Christmas tree in tracking, even without a sim

sukeong
12-07-2021, 01:31 AM
Covid raging but sex addicts worrying about qr codes. This is great

GoldfishMan
12-07-2021, 04:29 AM
I have to humbly take back what I said earlier. Make sure you check out after leaving a premise to avoid being forced into quarantine. They're using QR code check-in to enforce it now. Use the recent check-in tab to check-out when you leave a place. Eg. From the grocery store, etc.

Stay safe and stay loose, people!

adahar
12-07-2021, 11:46 AM
I have to humbly take back what I said earlier. Make sure you check out after leaving a premise to avoid being forced into quarantine. They're using QR code check-in to enforce it now. Use the recent check-in tab to check-out when you leave a place. Eg. From the grocery store, etc.

Stay safe and stay loose, people!

I notice there's a change in the categories people might fall into if you're pinged by PH. "Get tested immediately. People with no symptoms do not need to isolate while waiting for their test result."

Also a slight difference between "Get tested immediately and self-isolate until you receive further advice" and "Get tested immediately. Self-isolate until you get a negative result." Not sure what the "further advice" might be! Sounds like an additional set of parameters to calculate risk priority.

I also notice the large increase in supermarkets and shopping centres listed in the lesser categories. It appears the objective might be to drive testing up by capturing substantially more people regardless of stay at home orders (we all have to shop).

adahar
12-07-2021, 04:15 PM
If you check in with the "Webform" option (don't have the NSW app) it returns a confirmation code to that phone to enter into the webform. It gives you a confirmation screen with the name you've used easily checked by someone else. If you get challenged you might be asked to ID yourself (not sure how legal that is?)

Don't leave that webpage.

Scrolling down will give you a "check-out" button to tap on the way out. You have an hour to do this so make sure you remember.