PDA

View Full Version : General talk 10 massage outlets and their customers fined for flouting Covid-19 mask rules

AHLUNGOR
08-07-2021, 03:00 PM
As per title - in Singapore !!

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/consumer/10-massage-outlets-and-their-customers-fined-for-flouting-covid-19-mask-rules

The establishments were fined $1,000, while customers were fined $300.

AHLUNGOR
08-07-2021, 03:03 PM
Further to the first post, found an earlier article back in May 2021:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Published
May 26, 2021, 11:48 am SGT

Facebook
Twitter

SINGAPORE - The police will take action against 25 massage establishments for not ensuring that staff and customers wear masks at all times.

And 23 individuals will also be taken to task for not wearing a mask during their massage.

This comes as checks at such establishments are stepped up to ensure that safe management measures are followed, the police said in a statement on Wednesday (May 26). Checks have been carried out at around 850 such establishments in the past two weeks.

"Over the past few weeks, several clusters of infection have emerged alongside many unlinked community cases," it said. "These developments have demonstrated the need for continued vigilance in the practice of safe management measures by permitted enterprises like massage establishments, which are allowed to operate during the current Covid-19 pandemic."

Depending on the severity of breaches found, massage establishments may be fined between $1,000 and $2,000, while individuals may be fined up to $1,000.

Massage establishment operators may also be liable for prosecution under the Covid-19 (Temporary Measures) Act, and first-time offenders can be fined up to $10,000, jailed for up to six months, or both. Subsequent offences may incur higher penalties of a fine of up to $20,000, imprisonment of up to 12 months, or both.

Individuals who do not comply with safe distancing measures under the Covid-19 (Temporary Measures) (Control Order) Regulations may also be jailed up to six months, fined up to $10,000, or both.
More on this topic
Woman not wearing mask at various places arrested, handed more charges including SHN breach
8 Britons who breached Covid-19 measures on yacht off Lazarus Island banned from working in S’pore

Join ST's Telegram channel here and get the latest breaking news delivered to you.

POLICECOVID-19SINGAPORE CRIME

Facebook
Twitter

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

My key attention was on the number of massage shops being checked !! 850 massage establishments in Singapore, wonder how many of them are RnT ??............haha[/QUOTE]

AHLUNGOR
08-07-2021, 03:04 PM
https://static.straitstimes.com.sg/s3fs-public/styles/article_pictrure_780x520_/public/articles/2021/05/26/nz_massage_260531.jpg?itok=dEG8rNHI&timestamp=1622001159

https://static.straitstimes.com.sg/s3fs-public/styles/article_pictrure_780x520_/public/articles/2021/05/26/nz_accesscode_260530.jpg?itok=3fIbb3ZS&timestamp=1621990301

Looks like the inspector was recording personal details of the massage staff and customers (not sure if MLs and Punters are appropriate terms on these occasions.............lol). it would be interesting if the customers have to explain to the wives or family ?

cuteguy
08-07-2021, 03:07 PM
I wonder whether most of the girls were migrant workers or on visas trying to earn a living and send back money to their families outside Singapore.

Have any places been fined or raided in Sydney?

AHLUNGOR
08-07-2021, 03:30 PM
I wonder whether most of the girls were migrant workers or on visas trying to earn a living and send back money to their families outside Singapore.

Have any places been fined or raided in Sydney?

I don’t think any Council or the State government would bother to raid on all the massage shops. Not like 850 shops they did in Singapore, can you imagine that ?

adahar
08-07-2021, 03:59 PM
I find that the idea of two people being in close proximity, and often in very close proximity, that a mask will prevent infection. This is laughable. This almost implies that mask on = immune, mask off = highly dangerous. If this were the case then other forms of PPE wouldn't be necessary.

"Over the past few weeks, several clusters of infection have emerged alongside many unlinked community cases," it said. "These developments have demonstrated the need for continued vigilance in the practice of safe management measures by permitted enterprises like massage establishments, which are allowed to operate during the current Covid-19 pandemic."

Who said that Singapore was at the forefront of infection control.

AHLUNGOR
08-07-2021, 04:28 PM
I find that the idea of two people being in close proximity, and often in very close proximity, that a mask will prevent infection. This is laughable. This almost implies that mask on = immune, mask off = highly dangerous. If this were the case then other forms of PPE wouldn't be necessary.

Who said that Singapore was at the forefront of infection control.

Well, it caught my eyes with the news heading which I copied across as the thread title . But what surprised me was that the Singapore government actually crack down on the massage industry and the fact that 850 shops got a visit back in May indicated that there must be some clusters emerging from massage shops. And as a RnT punter, I am just really interested if any customers and MLs were caught butt naked - punt intended while being checked ??

So all these talks about Still Open, Blue Balls etc. guys, do all of us and the industry a favour and stay away until the lockdown is over, otherwise, once the Health department started the contact tracing in massage shops, we will all be a lot worst off.

Keep safe.

Cheers

adahar
08-07-2021, 04:49 PM
Well, it seems that Singapore has had 62,000 cases (double that of Aus) and 36 deaths. They are still having cases in low figures (average 11) so maybe the masks work! Everyone in the UK are abandoning masks claiming they don't work!

There's a lot of conflicting opinion (no one can provide actual evidence). It's even had published articles claiming masks are an instrument of state control, keeping people in a state of perpetual fear. Certainly, raiding shops and handing out fines possibly contribute to that.

Now in SW Sydney, police operating very visibly on the street is a level I don't think we've ever seen before. This is going to create a lot angst and will further divide the community, wait for it all to kick off very soon.

james912
08-07-2021, 05:19 PM
Well, it seems that Singapore has had 62,000 cases (double that of Aus) and 36 deaths. They are still having cases in low figures (average 11) so maybe the masks work! Everyone in the UK are abandoning masks claiming they don't work!

There's a lot of conflicting opinion (no one can provide actual evidence). It's even had published articles claiming masks are an instrument of state control, keeping people in a state of perpetual fear. Certainly, raiding shops and handing out fines possibly contribute to that.

Now in SW Sydney, police operating very visibly on the street is a level I don't think we've ever seen before. This is going to create a lot angst and will further divide the community, wait for it all to kick off very soon.

well, of that 62k cases in Singapore, at least 90% of that were from the migrant dormitory outbreak. Singapore is pretty strict on enforcing restrictions. I dont think NSW Police have the same resources to police all these restrictions. In Singapore, they created a role called "safety distance ambassador" and "Safety enforcement officer" on top of the police force they have.

bittybittybitty
08-07-2021, 05:59 PM
good to see now manybe they take lockdown more serious

adahar
08-07-2021, 06:00 PM
well, of that 62k cases in Singapore, at least 90% of that were from the migrant dormitory outbreak. Singapore is pretty strict on enforcing restrictions. I dont think NSW Police have the same resources to police all these restrictions. In Singapore, they created a role called "safety distance ambassador" and "Safety enforcement officer" on top of the police force they have.

I didn't dig that deep into the figures, enough gardening to do here.

Having a bunch of essentially public servants strolling around keeping an eye on how close you get to people sounds like a society that's not worth living in, even in a pandemic.

lonely heart
09-07-2021, 04:03 AM
I don’t think any Council or the State government would bother to raid on all the massage shops. Not like 850 shops they did in Singapore, can you imagine that ?

Different council deploy different tactics now. Most of them (councils) now use a blackmail tactics.

So council inspector goes into a RNT (yes they know!!). Take you garbage as evidence of possible license infringement. Shop owner will get a fine in the post, range form 6K to 20k (yes you heard right 20K). They will let you pay in installment. A very close connection of mine saw the unfold in front of them across the Pitt street. One by one. Oh yes you can go to appeal the fine, but will you (as the owner)?

adahar
09-07-2021, 10:59 AM
Different council deploy different tactics now. Most of them (councils) now use a blackmail tactics.

So council inspector goes into a RNT (yes they know!!). Take you garbage as evidence of possible license infringement. Shop owner will get a fine in the post, range form 6K to 20k (yes you heard right 20K). They will let you pay in installment. A very close connection of mine saw the unfold in front of them across the Pitt street. One by one. Oh yes you can go to appeal the fine, but will you (as the owner)?

If they are licensed how can it be infringed?

Vader
09-07-2021, 11:33 AM

Because they are not allowed to open under the Public Health Order

adahar
09-07-2021, 11:50 AM

'So council inspector goes into a RNT (yes they know!!). Take you garbage as evidence of possible license infringement. Shop owner will get a fine in the post, range form 6K to 20k (yes you heard right 20K). They will let you pay in installment. A very close connection of mine saw the unfold in front of them across the Pitt street. One by one. Oh yes you can go to appeal the fine, but will you (as the owner)?"

So who gets, and who issues a licence to operate in spite of a PHO? Why would they need their garbage to prove it? Surely going in to get it would prove they were open.

If there were such a thing why would would being open infringe a licence to be open?

I don't think that's what the poster meant at all.

Themassageking
09-07-2021, 01:06 PM

Singapore has said they will start treating covid like the flu.

aussiegaigin
09-07-2021, 01:11 PM
So who gets, and who issues a licence to operate in spite of a PHO? Why would they need their garbage to prove it? Surely going in to get it would prove they were open.

If there were such a thing why would would being open infringe a licence to be open?

I don't think that's what the poster meant at all.

I don't think the two quotes are related. Council inspectors could do these searches at any time when the shop has been legally opened. The fines relate to unapproved operations in the shop (breach of DA), there is no "licence" to operate an RnT.

Only police or authorised health inspectors can issue breaches against PHOs. This applies to any venue, not just massage shops.

adahar
09-07-2021, 01:24 PM

The UK has said the same. This is the only realistic option to take but taking this stance is only possible with as much vaccine coverage as possible.

When we have this coverage with ongoing boosters and symptom management then all restrictions should be lifted. It shouldn't be used to justify continued surveillance and control.

adahar
09-07-2021, 01:40 PM
I don't think the two quotes are related. Council inspectors could do these searches at any time when the shop has been legally opened. The fines relate to unapproved operations in the shop (breach of DA), there is no "licence" to operate an RnT.

Only police or authorised health inspectors can issue breaches against PHOs. This applies to any venue, not just massage shops.

Well, it seemed to me to be a direct answer to a direct question. You maybe right about the quotes, such is the difficulty of forum conversation.

Anyhow, there seems to be quite a bit of misunderstanding surrounding the legalities of businesses that support our "hobby" and the power of authorities to regulate or possibly abuse it!

james912
09-07-2021, 02:28 PM

the vaccination rate in Australia is horrible as compared to other countries

lonely heart
11-07-2021, 09:55 AM
As aussiegaigin point out, there is no such thing as licensed RNT. So when I say infringement, it has nothing to do with the Wuhan pneumonia lock down.

Council can close down any massage shop for providing sexual services. So the past has proven to be costly in time and money to smoke these shops out and there are just too much of them. So some smart ass though since we can't get rip of them, let's milk the hell out of them.

suka02
11-07-2021, 01:59 PM
is that for real the one behind aldi at cantebury is open? if it is, that’s so much risk it’s so open view.

Travelmate
11-07-2021, 07:36 PM
is that for real the one behind aldi at cantebury is open? if it is, that’s so much risk it’s so open view.

You can go and inspect yourself to proof the point.

No one can really tie anyone arms and legs stopping you going out including the police.

Each individual is managing their own risk.

AHLUNGOR
13-07-2021, 04:03 PM
I think the border closure has taken some effects in the Hong Kong punting industry. Firstly, people from HK can't visit Macao and ShenZhen for any punting trip. Secondly, no new supply of WLs & MLs not only from MLC but also other countries in SE Asia, hence this current situation. The news was from Sunday 11 July.

via google translate:

The police smashed 16 unlicensed massage establishments in Wan Chai the day before yesterday, most of which had prostitution services, and arrested 68 people aged between 19 and 61, including illegal immigrant sex workers, prostitution group leaders and key members. I believe Successfully dismantled 3 prostitution groups.

Wan Chai Police District Chief Inspector and Acting Acting Chief He Zhaodong said that some people were found taking advantage of the low rents, with monthly rents of less than 10,000 yuan, renting low-security commercial and residential buildings in Wan Chai to operate prostitution establishments. The venue managers use encrypted social applications to publish prostitution advertisements. The venue has no obvious house number and is equipped with closed-circuit television. Some sex workers are illegal immigrants from the Mainland or Vietnam. After arriving in Hong Kong, they were transported to a specific location by car. It is believed that the premises involved in the case will operate for about half a year to a year. The arrested persons were charged with the crimes of relying on the prostitution of others for their livelihood and operating a prostitution establishment.

警方前日在灣仔搗破16間無牌按摩場所,當中絕大部分有賣淫服務,拘捕68人,年齡介乎19至61歲,包括 屬非法入境的性工作者、賣淫集團主腦及骨幹成員,相信成功瓦解3個賣淫集團。

灣仔警區總督察及署理行動主任何兆東說,發現有人趁租金較低,以月租少於一萬元,租用灣仔區內低設防的商住 大廈經營賣淫場所。場所管理人利用加密社交應用程式,刊登賣淫廣告,場所沒有明顯門牌,設有閉路電視。部分 性工作者是來自內地或越南的非法入境者,偷渡抵港後有車接送至特定地點,相信涉案場所運作約半年至一年。被 捕人士分別被控依靠他人賣淫維生及經營賣淫場所等罪行。

ps. a 19 year old ML with sexual services could be very interesting, especially if she or they are from Vietnam.................haha