PDA

View Full Version : General talk Wechat privacy

Jayjay625
12-07-2021, 01:45 AM
Question for those whose partners also use wechat. How do you keep your punting contacts separate/hidden from your normal ones?? Do you have a separate phone? Is there are hiding feature?

Every WL/ML/shop seems to use wechat and I’ve been wanting to add some of my regulars but I’m too afraid my partner’s going to find out.

krnboy
12-07-2021, 04:34 PM
Question for those whose partners also use wechat. How do you keep your punting contacts separate/hidden from your normal ones?? Do you have a separate phone? Is there are hiding feature?

Every WL/ML/shop seems to use wechat and I’ve been wanting to add some of my regulars but I’m too afraid my partner’s going to find out.

Use a separate phone and number for wechat. I can assist with future unlocks if you add me as a friend. Pm if you want my details

GoldfishMan
12-07-2021, 07:35 PM

I don't understand something. So your partner uses WeChat, but that's in her phone. What's it got to do with the WeChat on your phone?

warwick1
12-07-2021, 07:43 PM

Maybe your "partner"wants to hide who she is fucking as well, don't worry about it.......

wilisno
12-07-2021, 07:49 PM
I don't understand something. So your partner uses WeChat, but that's in her phone. What's it got to do with the WeChat on your phone?

With iCloud settings, you can have them shown on both or more phones.

tpol
12-07-2021, 08:13 PM

Yep. Best way to set it up. Just in case u miss a wl message.ur wife can let u know so u don't miss out

wilisno
12-07-2021, 08:42 PM
Yep. Best way to set it up. Just in case u miss a wl message.ur wife can let u know so u don't miss out

Yes, especially a private’s booking…

Chgeede
13-07-2021, 12:10 AM
Get yourself a samsung galaxy. There's a hidden folder that you can install duplicate apps in that doesn't send notifications or is even visible from the normal phone screen. You can even hide the hidden folder so it doesn't appear unless enabled.

Jayjay625
13-07-2021, 07:01 AM

The problem with her having wechat is that it’s the app we communicate through. i.e. it’s too risky to have contacts to shops/privates on an app we both use extensively for regular life stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tpol
13-07-2021, 09:26 AM
Get yourself a samsung galaxy. There's a hidden folder that you can install duplicate apps in that doesn't send notifications or is even visible from the normal phone screen. You can even hide the hidden folder so it doesn't appear unless enabled.
Can u see it yourself?

GoldfishMan
13-07-2021, 09:46 AM
If his partner is the "keeping tabs" type, especially since he sounds like the type that is afraid of getting in trouble with his partner, I would suggest OP not to even try to get WL/ML contacts. As the saying goes, where there's a will there's a way. She will find out one way or another.

Oddfellow
13-07-2021, 02:11 PM
Just jumping on here to ask, how exactly does one get the wechat contact to start with? Please forgive my naivety and obviously don't spill any secrets, but is it a case of finding the ml/wl then asking for wechat? Or ads? I only have one local that I know is a certain for full relaxation so I'm pretty keen to hedge my bets if possible

GoldfishMan
13-07-2021, 02:26 PM
Just jumping on here to ask, how exactly does one get the wechat contact to start with? Please forgive my naivety and obviously don't spill any secrets, but is it a case of finding the ml/wl then asking for wechat? Or ads? I only have one local that I know is a certain for full relaxation so I'm pretty keen to hedge my bets if possible

Book an ML/WL. If you like her, just pop the question. Some might give it, some don't.

Oddfellow
13-07-2021, 02:34 PM
Makes sense I guess. I was hoping it was the other way round, that there was a way to find them through the app. I'm not near the big city so my options are a bit limited, cheers for the heads up though

GoldfishMan
13-07-2021, 03:47 PM
Makes sense I guess. I was hoping it was the other way round, that there was a way to find them through the app. I'm not near the big city so my options are a bit limited, cheers for the heads up though

Nah, finding them on the app itself used to be an option with the people nearby function, but after wechat clamped down on personal services advertised on their app through that function, it is no longer used by WLs or MLs.

Ease
13-07-2021, 05:07 PM
Ah that’s what happened - the people near-bye function is pretty bloody boring now !

Ease
13-07-2021, 05:24 PM
If his partner is the "keeping tabs" type, especially since he sounds like the type that is afraid of getting in trouble with his partner, I would suggest OP not to even try to get WL/ML contacts. As the saying goes, where there's a will there's a way. She will find out one way or another.

Yeah I use WeChat all the time - it’s a great punting tool. Try to get all my regular WLs and MLs on it. But def keep it hidden and seperate to family and friends.

It’s pretty risky but a good way to manage it is to get into the habit of logging out every time you finish using it. If i had family / friends on there I wouldn’t be using it though - too easy to get caught out

Isaidwtf
13-07-2021, 05:27 PM
I use Wechat but i wouldn't use it if i had a gf or friends who actively use it. You are asking for trouble.
Also, too much suss with a 2nd phone. It is obvious you are hiding something.

smn5746
13-07-2021, 06:14 PM
The problem with her having wechat is that it’s the app we communicate through. i.e. it’s too risky to have contacts to shops/privates on an app we both use extensively for regular life stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There your 1st mistake having your misses on Wechat.
Perhaps u need to get another app like Line Or if u send me the WL/ML wechat I will contract then for u hahahahaha

smn5746
13-07-2021, 06:15 PM
Yeah I use WeChat all the time - it’s a great punting tool. Try to get all my regular WLs and MLs on it. But def keep it hidden and seperate to family and friends.

It’s pretty risky but a good way to manage it is to get into the habit of logging out every time you finish using it. If i had family / friends on there I wouldn’t be using it though - too easy to get caught out

Or delete it when your not using it

tpol
13-07-2021, 08:44 PM
Kakao talk !!!!

Ease
13-07-2021, 10:42 PM
Or delete it when your not using it yep good call - better safe
I use duck Duck go in a similar way - if your a bit nervous just burn 🔥 everything , works a treat 👍

happyspider
14-07-2021, 12:28 AM

Sorry bros, but why would your missus go through your phone???!!!!
She shouldn’t be doing that shit mate!!!

Chgeede
14-07-2021, 01:49 AM
Can u see it yourself?

You can make the folder visible through settings. However, there is a shortcut in the same menu as the torch (swipe top down), so its quite easy to get to.

tpol
14-07-2021, 09:30 AM
You can make the folder visible through settings. However, there is a shortcut in the same menu as the torch (swipe top down), so its quite easy to get to.

But what happens if the missus knows about it? I'm sure most Chinese chicks do
They probably do it themselves

GoldfishMan
14-07-2021, 11:05 AM
It's pointless if you ask me. If they both use WeChat a lot, there will always be a time when he gives his phone to her to show her something on WeChat. Maybe to share something funny, etc.
I was caught out by the iPhone 3gs back in the day because my GF messaged me when I was taking a nap. Back then, the stupid iPhones always showed all your messages on the lock screen. Wife saw it instantly. Long story short, I got divorced. Haha, jokes on me!

Ease
14-07-2021, 03:08 PM
It's pointless if you ask me. If they both use WeChat a lot, there will always be a time when he gives his phone to her to show her something on WeChat. Maybe to share something funny, etc.
I was caught out by the iPhone 3gs back in the day because my GF messaged me when I was taking a nap. Back then, the stupid iPhones always showed all your messages on the lock screen. Wife saw it instantly. Long story short, I got divorced. Haha, jokes on me!
Ouch - some things wives just don’t get !

GoldfishMan
14-07-2021, 06:35 PM
Ouch - some things wives just don’t get !
To tell you the truth, the marriage was on the rocks long before that. The bloody iPhone with that stupid "feature" merely pushed it over the brink.

wilisno
14-07-2021, 06:40 PM
To tell you the truth, the marriage was on the rocks long before that. The bloody iPhone with that stupid "feature" merely pushed it over the brink.

It’s up to you to turn off the notifications.

GoldfishMan
14-07-2021, 06:59 PM
It’s up to you to turn off the notifications.

Nope. IOS back in the day had no functionality to turn off notifications like that. We're talking about iOS when iPhone 3gs was released, probably 12 years ago.
The only way to stop notifications was to jailbreak and use a 3rd party app to put a fake lockscreen. I actually did that after being caught, but it was too late!

Ease
15-07-2021, 08:32 AM
Nope. IOS back in the day had no functionality to turn off notifications like that. We're talking about iOS when iPhone 3gs was released, probably 12 years ago.
The only way to stop notifications was to jailbreak and use a 3rd party app to put a fake lockscreen. I actually did that after being caught, but it was too late!
Aaah so many ways to get caught out. I’m a bit concerned about going cashless - it’s gonna get petty easy to be tracked then !

tpol
15-07-2021, 09:34 AM
Maybe they'll accept rmb?

Riff888
15-07-2021, 10:35 AM
Some have moved to Line since WeChat is heavily monitored and accounts are easily disabled.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

Ease
15-07-2021, 11:06 AM
Some have moved to Line since WeChat is heavily monitored and accounts are easily disabled.

Yeah line seems to be the preferred option for Japanese I believe - or gamers. But all the Chinese girls are understandably on WeChat I’ve met. which is a lot :0)

GoldfishMan
15-07-2021, 11:42 AM
Yeah line seems to be the preferred option for Japanese I believe - or gamers. But all the Chinese girls are understandably on WeChat I’ve met. which is a lot :0)
The problem with Line is the "people nearby" function (it's called something else on Line) is disabled for Android in Aust. Not sure about iOS.

Riff888
15-07-2021, 12:17 PM
The problem with Line is the "people nearby" function (it's called something else on Line) is disabled for Android in Aust. Not sure about iOS.The people nearby function on WeChat is pretty crap these days anyway.

GoldfishMan
15-07-2021, 12:53 PM
The people nearby function on WeChat is pretty crap these days anyway.

I know. I'm just saying if people are looking to use Line as a replacement of that crappy people nearby function on WeChat, they'll be disappointed because Line on Android doesn't even have that function.

aussiegaigin
15-07-2021, 01:14 PM

I have my "people nearby" set for female only. The numbers have dropped from a couple of dozen to an average of just 4 or 5, and most of those at the extreme of the catchment area- 15-20 kms away. But if I switch to male only, I get maybe 50 or 60 hits from all areas.

Is the privacy warning which appears when you open that tab scaring girls away from leaving their profiles open?

Meng
15-07-2021, 01:17 PM
I have my "people nearby" set for female only. The numbers have dropped from a couple of dozen to an average of just 4 or 5, and most of those at the extreme of the catchment area- 15-20 kms away. But if I switch to male only, I get maybe 50 or 60 hits from all areas.

Is the privacy warning which appears when you open that tab scaring girls away from leaving their profiles open?
All the horny dudes on WeChat people nearby hoping to score.

I use to leave mine on a few years back. Got a few hits. Some were WLs and a few non WLs. Even went on a date with this Vietnamese girl who sent a add request while I had my nearby thing turned on.

Ah back in the covid free days.

GoldfishMan
15-07-2021, 01:24 PM

That just about sums up the situation. Horny dudes outnumber horny gals by more than 10 to 1!

Riff888
15-07-2021, 02:01 PM
Yeah something has changed.

Was so much better a few years back.

If I leave my location on, I get more hits from scammers who are not even in Australia let alone Sydney.

They can't even write in English and usually say stuff like, yeah I'm in Sydney on holiday. Doesn't work in Covid days.

Then they ask if you trade in Forex.

Gone are the days where you would chat to girls, 90% WLs but occasionally a real girl willing to meat up.

alc
15-07-2021, 02:12 PM
occasionally a real girl willing to meat up.

And did you meat her up? :)

limbi8888
15-07-2021, 03:05 PM
That just about sums up the situation. Horny dudes outnumber horny gals by more than 10 to 1!

lol, pity its not the other way round

Meng
15-07-2021, 03:33 PM
lol, pity its not the other way round

Now wouldn't that be an interesting and amazing world for us guys.

Riff888
15-07-2021, 04:13 PM
And did you meat her up? :)My bad [emoji1787]

GoldfishMan
15-07-2021, 04:27 PM
My bad [emoji1787]

For a moment there I thought the blue balls got to your brain and you subconsciously typed meat ...

Riff888
16-07-2021, 10:14 AM
For a moment there I thought the blue balls got to your brain and you subconsciously typed meat ...Hahaha I agree, it's funny how it's on my mind more than ever.

BlakeAmid
20-07-2021, 12:02 AM
Trying to look for some girls like Kiki/rebecca/cindy... Anybody know where I can get them? maybe private :D

00Eibwen
29-07-2021, 04:08 PM
How many do you need to see the same girl to be consider as a regular?

GoldfishMan
30-07-2021, 09:37 AM
How many do you need to see the same girl to be consider as a regular?
2 times... As in, you'll be recognised on the second visit... If you made a good impression on her the first time. That means not being a jerk to begin with, the rest is down to chemistry between you and her.

aussiegaigin
03-08-2021, 04:02 PM

THis has improved considerably in the last few days, and now getting probably even more members than the old days. Perhaps there was a problem with their logarithms and they fixed it.

johndough
03-08-2021, 06:56 PM
Anyone ever cold call message a near by account hoping they’re ML or WL? Haha

Riff888
03-08-2021, 08:40 PM
THis has improved considerably in the last few days, and now getting probably even more members than the old days. Perhaps there was a problem with their logarithms and they fixed it.Yes definitely more than before.

I'm not sure why but I'm seeing more men when I have selected women in my filter [emoji23]

Those guys must be wondering why they're getting hits from other men.

aussiegaigin
03-08-2021, 09:59 PM
I noticed that too, but their profiles show them as female.

Has always been the odd one or two come out that way, maybe they confuse "my gender" for "what gender am I looking for"?

TheMaestro
03-08-2021, 10:04 PM
I noticed that too, but their profiles show them as female.

Has always been the odd one or two come out that way, maybe they confuse "my gender" for "what gender am I looking for"?

Maybe they are ladyboys!