PDA

View Full Version : General talk OZ Digital COVID Certificate

surething91
17-07-2021, 11:34 AM
This OZ Digital COVID Certificate doesn't exist...not yet! Seeing the current situation here in Australia and the EU Digital COVID Certificate being prepared in Europe I don't see why we won't have it here.

Basically the owner of any cafe, restaurants, cinema, gym, shopping center etc... will scan your QR code to check you have been vaccinated or tested negative. I'm not sure who will store all these sensitive data and what will be seen when scanning it though.

So if this thing comes here are you ready for the papasan/mamasan to scan your QR code (and see whatever is on it, maybe name, DOB, phone number etc..) before entering the premises? How far the privacy violation can go? Please share your thoughts.

Again it's in the case this digital certificate comes in Australia. It's not happening here right now.

Climax598
17-07-2021, 11:51 AM
If the shop want to scan my QR I want to see the Ml/WL certificate as well. Haha we can see their name and date of birth. If this happens more then half of business is gone.

aussiegaigin
17-07-2021, 11:54 AM
https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/coronavirus-response/safe-covid-19-vaccines-europeans/eu-digital-covid-certificate_en#how-will-the-certificate-work

It seems that the QR would only tell a casual viewer that the certificate is authentic, it won't show any personal detail. Hopefully it will be the same as a digital driver's licence.

It would appear this certificate is intended for cross-borders travel, not for entry to a shop or venue.

Riff888
17-07-2021, 12:54 PM
There is a certificate of sorts on the Medicare app but no QR code.

Something like that will eventually be linked to the Service NSW app.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

adahar
17-07-2021, 02:25 PM
If this ever gets up I wouldn't want to enter anybody's business unless they have all their staff display their "covid status" and present it on demand.

Surely this is a reasonable expectation in a democracy?

cuteguy
17-07-2021, 02:30 PM
If the shop want to scan my QR I want to see the Ml/WL certificate as well. Haha we can see their name and date of birth. If this happens more then half of business is gone.

Would you ask them to show they had been tested recently and have no STI?

dannyboy
17-07-2021, 02:54 PM
If this ever gets up I wouldn't want to enter anybody's business unless they have all their staff display their "covid status" and present it on demand.

Surely this is a reasonable expectation in a democracy?

It won't happen, businesses would need to test their staff daily so that this could be implemented.. All I can say is look at what's happening in Israel right now, a huge surge in vaccinated people getting the delta varient disproportionately higher then the unvaccinated...

Vader
17-07-2021, 03:11 PM
It won't happen, businesses would need to test their staff daily so that this could be implemented.. All I can say is look at what's happening in Israel right now, a huge surge in vaccinated people getting the delta varient disproportionately higher then the unvaccinated...

To enter the British Grand Prix this weekend you have to show that you have had both jabs and a covid negative test result within the last 48 hours by an approved NHS test. It is a sellout crowd of 140,000 people.

adahar
17-07-2021, 03:19 PM

Why not? But then again.....

Even the privacy of a sex workers health status is sanctioned by legislation in NSW. Given that the ratio of covid positive cases to tests is 0.14%, it would appear that this is far less than the rate of STI's.

If we are contemplating that an individuals health status can be interrogated by anybody then we are embarking on a very slippery slope.

Climax598
17-07-2021, 03:22 PM
To enter the British Grand Prix this weekend you have to show that you have had both jabs and a covid negative test result within the last 48 hours by an approved NHS test. It is a sellout crowd of 140,000 people.
All this talk of freedom in UK is all BS they have 52000 infection a day and only 70% with at least 1 dose and 52% 2 dose. This Delta virus is infecting young like children which can't vax. This will be big problems in a few weeks time. We will have the same problems down the track.

Vader
17-07-2021, 03:23 PM
Why not? But then again.....

Even the privacy of a sex workers health status is sanctioned by legislation in NSW. Given that the ratio of covid positive cases to tests is 0.14%, it would appear that this is far less than the rate of STI's.

If we are contemplating that an individuals health status can be interrogated by anybody then we are embarking on a very slippery slope.

An STI certificate is useless as it goes out the window after she has seen her first dude. So even if she shows a current one it is possible she has the clap.

Vader
17-07-2021, 03:25 PM
All this talk of freedom in UK is all BS they have 52000 infection a day and only 70% with at least 1 dose and 52% 2 dose. This Delta virus is infecting young like children which can't vax. This will be big problems in a few weeks time. We will have the same problems down the track.

Excuse the pun but it is the road the USA and the UK are testing

Climax598
17-07-2021, 03:25 PM
I would if they ask if I m tested for STI. Don't you ask?

smn5746
17-07-2021, 03:27 PM
This OZ Digital COVID Certificate doesn't exist...not yet! Seeing the current situation here in Australia and the EU Digital COVID Certificate being prepared in Europe I don't see why we won't have it here.

Basically the owner of any cafe, restaurants, cinema, gym, shopping center etc... will scan your QR code to check you have been vaccinated or tested negative. I'm not sure who will store all these sensitive data and what will be seen when scanning it though.

So if this thing comes here are you ready for the papasan/mamasan to scan your QR code (and see whatever is on it, maybe name, DOB, phone number etc..) before entering the premises? How far the privacy violation can go? Please share your thoughts.

Again it's in the case this digital certificate comes in Australia. It's not happening here right now.

Think u find they talking about having one for the Asia/pacific region

adahar
17-07-2021, 03:27 PM

This type of requirement has also been initiated in France with mandatory vaccination for health workers by September.

All this is quite illogical. Covid won't go away. There's no evidence that vaccination will prevent infection (maybe reduce it but the jury's still out). The nett result is that the primary source of infection will eventually be by vaccinated people.

All in all a hysterical reaction mainly to stave off possible litigation by an equally terrified population.

adahar
17-07-2021, 03:29 PM
An STI certificate is useless as it goes out the window after she has seen her first dude. So even if she shows a current one it is possible she has the clap.

Err, same thing with a vaccine certificate! (or a negative test).

smn5746
17-07-2021, 03:30 PM

Wow that’s big, a landlord in an English Pub was trying to do the same thing and he got abused online for been a racist, go figure

Climax598
17-07-2021, 03:30 PM
Excuse the pun but it is the road the USA and the UK are testing
The USA and UK can be the testing ground please not us here.

smn5746
17-07-2021, 03:32 PM
Err, same thing with a vaccine certificate!

Could argue the same COVID, you could catch it soon after u had the test

Riff888
17-07-2021, 03:36 PM
It won't happen, businesses would need to test their staff daily so that this could be implemented.. All I can say is look at what's happening in Israel right now, a huge surge in vaccinated people getting the delta varient disproportionately higher then the unvaccinated...Where on Earth do you get your information from? Most likely Facebook hey?

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/pfizer-vaccine-shown-to-stop-severe-illness-in-israel-as-delta-cases-spread/news-story/d34dc9795a76cd35d5508e78d606a23a

It's does say the Pfizer vaccines effectiveness drops to 64% with the Delta strain.

Vader
17-07-2021, 03:38 PM

That is what is happening with the people coming back from overseas

adahar
17-07-2021, 03:49 PM

That really was the minor point about any sort of certificate. It's only accurate at the point of taking the test, thereafter it becomes pretty much useless.

The major point was the wisdom of allowing a certain section of society able to question anyone about their health status and using the answer to discriminate the provision of services and/or entry to any type of premises.

dannyboy
17-07-2021, 03:56 PM
https://m.jpost.com/breaking-news/for-first-time-since-march-855-new-coronavirus-cases-in-israel-674084

local
17-07-2021, 04:17 PM
https://m.jpost.com/breaking-news/for-first-time-since-march-855-new-coronavirus-cases-in-israel-674084

The main issue is that the kids are NOT getting the jab yet.

You really have to be able to give the vax to anyone attending any form of school or gathering on a daily type basis.
This really includes daycare type place and ALL schools.

There is no way to get up to 90 or preferably 95% vax rate with the youngsters.

Vader
17-07-2021, 05:00 PM
The main issue is that the kids are NOT getting the jab yet.

You really have to be able to give the vax to anyone attending any form of school or gathering on a daily type basis.
This really includes daycare type place and ALL schools.

There is no way to get up to 90 or preferably 95% vax rate with the youngsters.

They won't get to that vax rate even with kids vaccinated

suka02
17-07-2021, 05:17 PM
f* up world we live in now. These dictators are the one who created the mess and now want us to destroy our health and privacy. In future there will be no privacy of our freedom. we like sheeps telling us where to go and they in control of us. we will all be suspected of whatever we do in their record.

look at this documentary if you like to see the truths.
http://plandemicvideo.com/

dannyboy
17-07-2021, 05:20 PM
Vaccinate kids, unbelievable I've heard it all now...

adahar
17-07-2021, 05:34 PM

Parents have to immunise kids or they lose eligibility for some family tax benefits. The main problem with these covid vaccines is that they haven't been trialled with children yet.

Vader
17-07-2021, 05:45 PM

They are trialing tests on kids under 12 overseas. What is the big deal about it?

rooter
17-07-2021, 05:53 PM
Basically the government could make vaccination in effect compulsory without officially making it compulsory.
You can easily do this by making almost any activity dependent on being vaccinated.
Travel, passports, employment, welfare payments etc
If the anti-vaxers want to remain unvaccinated they can try and live off the grid, maybe they can go live a cave somewhere :)
Nobody is gonna miss these nutters :)

dannyboy
17-07-2021, 05:55 PM
Parents have to immunise kids or they lose eligibility for some family tax benefits. The main problem with these covid vaccines is that they haven't been trialled with children yet.

The trials for these vaccine's don't conclude until February of 2023, they don't yet have the full safety data and no idea of long term side effects.. They have been approved only for emergency use, giving this to children is disgraceful, unethical and down right wrong..

dannyboy
17-07-2021, 05:57 PM
Basically the government could make vaccination in effect compulsory without officially making in compulsory by law.
You can easily do this by making almost any activity dependent on being vaccinated.
If the anti-vaxers want to remain unvaccinated they can go live a cave somewhere.
Nobody is gonna miss these nutters.

Wake up to yourself, listen to what you're saying, next time you board a plane there is a good chance around 50% of the people on that flight will be unvaccinated, there will be absolutely nothing you can do about it, get used to it..

suka02
17-07-2021, 06:01 PM
Basically the government could make vaccination in effect compulsory without officially making in compulsory by law.
Travel, passports, employment, welfare payments, drivers license etc
If the anti-vaxers want to remain unvaccinated they can go live a cave somewhere.
Nobody is gonna miss these nutters.

You just dumb and uneducated! If someone doesnt to take it what is the problem? you know it doesnt prevent from covid/delta. yeah yeah people say they get it mild only. Rubbish! won’t work. I don’t want to be guanie pig trialing on these vaccs that are not approval and safe. I had covid back a year ago, doctor gave me prescription for every each symptom. Stayed home, take medicine and reboosting my immune. I got cured after a week. Didn’t ever took any flu vac in past decade or this one.

Vader
17-07-2021, 06:07 PM
Wake up to yourself, listen to what you're saying, next time you board a plane there is a good chance around 50% of the people on that flight will be unvaccinated, there will be absolutely nothing you can do about it, get used to it..

There will come a time dannyboy when you will need a vaccination passport to travel o/s. This has happened before and will happen again. I remember having my vaccination certificate in order before I could board a plane in Oz to fly overseas. The big wheel is turning....

Vader
17-07-2021, 06:10 PM
The trials for these vaccine's don't conclude until February of 2023, they don't yet have the full safety data and no idea of long term side effects.. They have been approved only for emergency use, giving this to children is disgraceful, unethical and down right wrong..

Yes, the choice to be vaccinated is yours. However, not being vaccinated may preclude you from travel, Government benefits, entry to certain events etc. It is up to you to decide what to do.

dannyboy
17-07-2021, 06:11 PM
There will come a time dannyboy when you will need a vaccination passport to travel o/s. This has happened before and will happen again. I remember having my vaccination certificate in order before I could board a plane in Oz to fly overseas. The big wheel is turning....

Won't happen, negative test result within 72 hours maybe, the WHO has already said they will not be recommending vaccine passports as they won't be needed.. That booklet you're talking about is regarding yellow fever, you only require that in certain parts of the world, I've been overseas plenty of times, never required it and I know people who've been to Africa and Sth America and didn't have it.

Vader
17-07-2021, 06:18 PM
Won't happen, negative test result within 72 hours maybe, the WHO has already said they will not be recommending vaccine passports as they won't be needed.. That booklet you're talking about is regarding yellow fever, you only require that in certain parts of the world, I've been overseas plenty of times, never required it and I know people who've been to Africa and Sth America and didn't have it.

It has nothing to do with the WHO says, it is up to individual Governments, airlines, promoters etc what rules they put in place.

Vader
17-07-2021, 06:18 PM

And we know how discredited the WHO is.

warwick1
17-07-2021, 06:26 PM
You just dumb and uneducated! If someone doesnt to take it what is the problem? you know it doesnt prevent from covid/delta. yeah yeah people say they get it mild only. Rubbish! won’t work. I don’t want to be guanie pig trialing on these vaccs that are not approval and safe. I had covid back a year ago, doctor gave me prescription for every each symptom. Stayed home, take medicine and reboosting my immune. I got cured after a week. Didn’t ever took any flu vac in past decade or this one.

Is this a new species "guanie pig", I love your posts they are hilarious, no one could write the the rubbish you do and be serious, keep it up, great lock down reading...cheers

suka02
17-07-2021, 06:38 PM
Is this a new species "guanie pig", I love your posts they are hilarious, no one could write the the rubbish you do and be serious, keep it up, great lock down reading...cheers

yep, funny as you all love to see. I wont let it trial on me unless it is improve in long run. I rather see everyone in long run. As getting one or without doesn’t make any solution fighting this dease. yet people think it does solve when cases are still everywhere at risk. still believe what the tv says to you.

dannyboy
17-07-2021, 06:45 PM
It has nothing to do with the WHO says, it is up to individual Governments, airlines, promoters etc what rules they put in place.

If they implement it and quarentine is required to fly ill do that , if not I'll stay here and explore this beautiful country, if they say I can't fly, I'll drive.. There is nothing they can do to make me get it.. I believe Australians won't cop such draconian rules anyway, we are better then that here..

warwick1
17-07-2021, 06:49 PM
yep, funny as you all love to see. I wont let it trial on me unless it is improve in long run. I rather see everyone in long run. As getting one or without doesn’t make any solution fighting this dease. yet people think it does solve when cases are still everywhere at risk. still believe what the tv says to you.

Did not understand a word you said, maybe a couple more wines will help, cheers

Budgyboy
17-07-2021, 06:51 PM
Its an individuals choice to be vaccinated, going forward if your not vaccinated its almost certain you will get COVID 19 whatever strain. Your bad luck or good luck take your chances but the world will definatly not be waiting for the unvaccinated. Young, old, middle aged, male or female will get it and if unvaccinated may die. But thats how it will be it will be your own risk assessment. Lockdowns will finish, have to, international travel will commence, you will asses the risk and be allowed to take it. People who believe vaccines are safe and im one of them will enjoy freedoms that others wont, or others can but at their own risk. It will no longer be the governments responsibility for the unvacinated but each person individually. The majority of the world are not interested in minority zealots that preach vaccine uncertainty. The majority of the world wants to move on simple as that.
Jump up and down as much as you want about my comment i dont care, but the majority of what ive said is how it will be.

jamesglen
17-07-2021, 06:53 PM
who doesnt want to get vaccinated? I want to connect with my ML via bluetooth 😂

adahar
17-07-2021, 08:37 PM
Its an individuals choice to be vaccinated, going forward if your not vaccinated its almost certain you will get COVID 19 whatever strain. Your bad luck or good luck take your chances but the world will definatly not be waiting for the unvaccinated. Young, old, middle aged, male or female will get it and if unvaccinated may die. But thats how it will be it will be your own risk assessment. Lockdowns will finish, have to, international travel will commence, you will asses the risk and be allowed to take it. People who believe vaccines are safe and im one of them will enjoy freedoms that others wont, or others can but at their own risk. It will no longer be the governments responsibility for the unvacinated but each person individually. The majority of the world are not interested in minority zealots that preach vaccine uncertainty. The majority of the world wants to move on simple as that.
Jump up and down as much as you want about my comment i dont care, but the majority of what ive said is how it will be.

In Australia:-

Of 31,516 cases, 5 people have died under the age of 50. 15 have died in their 50's, the rest are 60+

I don't think it's valid to say that the unvaccinated may die if they acquire covid, not here at least. Understand the risk, especially regarding your own health status, and act accordingly.

Covid isn't going away, the spread will continue, sooner or later, to a lessor or greater degree, primarily by the vaccinated. Let's not get hysterical about this.

dannyboy
17-07-2021, 08:57 PM
In Australia:-

Of 31,516 cases, 5 people have died under the age of 50. 15 have died in their 50's, the rest are 60+

I don't think it's valid to say that the unvaccinated may die if they acquire covid, not here at least. Understand the risk, especially regarding your own health status, and act accordingly.

Covid isn't going away, the spread will continue, sooner or later, to a lessor or greater degree, primarily by the vaccinated. Let's not get hysterical about this.

Finally a voice of reason in this post..

Budgyboy
17-07-2021, 09:45 PM
He validating my comments in one way or another danny you goose, vaccinated or unvaccinated the horse has bolted.

Budgyboy
17-07-2021, 09:47 PM
Hes validating my comment one way or another danny you goose, vaccinated or unvacinated the horse has bolted

aussiegaigin
17-07-2021, 10:33 PM

The number of countries requiring pre-entry vaccinations has reduced in more recent years as those countries have eliminated the diseases. I think cholera, typhoid and yellow fever are the main remaining ones on alerts.

adahar
17-07-2021, 11:57 PM
For the sake of nuance; utilising a much larger sample size.

Crunched some UK numbers:- (I know the numbers don't reconcile but they come from 2 Govt sources which may have different base data, also deaths may have been with covid as well as of covid).

Total number of cases to date = 4,494,669
Total number of deaths = 138,859 = 3.09%

Deaths age <50 = 6325 = 4.55% (of deaths) = 0.14% (of cases).
Deaths 51-59 = 6865 = 4.94% (of deaths) = 0.15% (of cases).
Deaths age >60 = 132534 = 97.8% (of deaths) = 2.95% (of cases).

dannyboy
18-07-2021, 12:32 AM
Hes validating my comment one way or another danny you goose, vaccinated or unvacinated the horse has bolted

Calling me a goose, lol....
He wasn't validating your ridiculous rant, go back and reread his post..

GoldfishMan
18-07-2021, 12:46 AM
Don't you guys think that the vaccine effectiveness situation is a worry, especially in the context of what the countries and jurisdictions are doing based on it?

What I mean is, just imagine if we never had any of these vaccines at this moment in time. Now in that situation, surely the governments of the world wouldn't let their guard down. None of these rules that say "oh you gotta have a vaccine cert and neg test 48 hrs prior, to enter the Grand Prix" would exist. They just wouldn't let anyone into the Grand Prix!

Instead, we now have vaccines that appear to be not nearly 100% effective, especially with the Delta mutation. How far off from 100% is still being discovered. Yet these Govs have already started relying on it to let their guard down, to open up.

Don't get me wrong, I will get vaccinated as soon as I get my arse around to doing it. I am just worried by the actions that are being taken by the powers that be, based upon vaccines that are not 100% effective. The freedoms being afforded to vaccinated people is not commensurate with the actual effectiveness of the vaccines.

Riff888
18-07-2021, 01:10 AM
Don't you guys think that the vaccine effectiveness situation is a worry, especially in the context of what the countries and jurisdictions are doing based on it?

What I mean is, just imagine if we never had any of these vaccines at this moment in time. Now in that situation, surely the governments of the world wouldn't let their guard down. None of these rules that say "oh you gotta have a vaccine cert and neg test 48 hrs prior, to enter the Grand Prix" would exist. They just wouldn't let anyone into the Grand Prix!

Instead, we now have vaccines that appear to be not nearly 100% effective, especially with the Delta mutation. How far off from 100% is still being discovered. Yet these Govs have already started relying on it to let their guard down, to open up.

Don't get me wrong, I will get vaccinated as soon as I get my arse around to doing it. I am just worried by the actions that are being taken by the powers that be, based upon vaccines that are not 100% effective. The freedoms being afforded to vaccinated people is not commensurate with the actual effectiveness of the vaccines.I don't think they have a choice.

The end goal is to have as many people vaccinated as possible, then treat Covid like the flu with booster shots annually.

It's a calculated risk they're willing to except. No more lockdowns and people will still get infected and some people will die. Just a lot less severe illnesses and less people in intensive care.

I don't think things will go back to pre Covid days 100%. Social distancing will be normal, working from home will also be the new norm.

I really hope we can travel soon, I'm really missing Japan and was planning a trip to Seoul, Taipei and Tokyo just before this hit.

adahar
18-07-2021, 01:50 AM

Don't get me wrong, I will get vaccinated as soon as I get my arse around to doing it. I am just worried by the actions that are being taken by the powers that be, based upon vaccines that are not 100% effective. The freedoms being afforded to vaccinated people is not commensurate with the actual effectiveness of the vaccines.

This depends on what you define as 100%. Vaccination is not the same as immunisation. The latter affords immunity after the vaccination. No one has ever claimed that for these injections. However, there may be a perception by the public, coerced by govts to encourage take up, that they will protect against the disease which drives us to believe that a "return to normal" will be a reality. This is highly unlikely and, without the benefit of time, probably impossible.

We will never return to normal (as in pre-covid) until the public accepts it as just another flu virus. The problem is that govt's around the world have terrified their citizens and taken action which induces them to believe it can be eradicated. It's the govt that decides if normality will return and that decision will have inputs of non medical arguments, like politics, economy, budgets etc.

Surely with all this cost in lives and money it will gone one day? Not so! A complete philosophical reversal will have to take place. Govt's are promoting vaccines as the way out but this is misleading. The best it can do is to keep people out of hospital and reduce the possibility of death.

Given enough time a vaccine may be found that will also immunise and thus achieve "100%" effectiveness but given the track record of other flu type vaccines I'm not confident.

warwick1
18-07-2021, 06:42 AM
Finally a voice of reason in this post..

Try your best and we might get one from you....cheers

dannyboy
18-07-2021, 10:03 AM

Sorry but not trying to impress or get your approval

GoldfishMan
18-07-2021, 10:34 AM
I don't think they have a choice.

The end goal is to have as many people vaccinated as possible, then treat Covid like the flu with booster shots annually.

It's a calculated risk they're willing to except. No more lockdowns and people will still get infected and some people will die. Just a lot less severe illnesses and less people in intensive care.

I don't think things will go back to pre Covid days 100%. Social distancing will be normal, working from home will also be the new norm.

I really hope we can travel soon, I'm really missing Japan and was planning a trip to Seoul, Taipei and Tokyo just before this hit.

That's true, bro Riff. Vaccination of the population is now being used like a "carrot on a stick" to justify lockdowns. Once we get to that target, they will have no choice but to obey the public sentiment and do away with lockdowns. The question is, what other restrictions would they have to do away with? No more masks? No more social distancing? Open borders? It's the will of the public as well as the health of the economy, that is pressuring them to change their stance.

I think that in the near future, all of us will have to start making up our own restrictions based on our own perception of how safe we think we are with the vaccine. The Govs will not be able to continue effectively being the "nanny" because of the vaccine.

I personally think the vaccines are simply "the best you can do at this moment" to protect yourself from the virus, but it's certainly not enough to lift restrictions.

Take the flu shots as a comparison. Pathetic, useless effectiveness of 40 - 60%... I mean I probably get better protection drinking lots of OJ. I have a colleague who takes them religiously every year, and promptly gets sick from the flu at least 1 time every flu season. I never take the flu shots and I have never missed a single day of work due to sickness for the last 5 years (touching wood here!).
The difference between us? He lives in the burbs and has to commute to work, I live within walking distance to work. The moral of the story is, no amount of non-immunizing vaccination can replace the effectiveness of social distancing. If you're out there all the time mixing it with the public, that XX% effectiveness will wear out real quick. That's what I think.

Vader
18-07-2021, 10:54 AM

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

suka02
18-07-2021, 11:16 AM
That's true, bro Riff. Vaccination of the population is now being used like a "carrot on a stick" to justify lockdowns. Once we get to that target, they will have no choice but to obey the public sentiment and do away with lockdowns. The question is, what other restrictions would they have to do away with? No more masks? No more social distancing? Open borders? It's the will of the public as well as the health of the economy, that is pressuring them to change their stance.

I think that in the near future, all of us will have to start making up our own restrictions based on our own perception of how safe we think we are with the vaccine. The Govs will not be able to continue effectively being the "nanny" because of the vaccine.

I personally think the vaccines are simply "the best you can do at this moment" to protect yourself from the virus, but it's certainly not enough to lift restrictions.

Take the flu shots as a comparison. Pathetic, useless effectiveness of 40 - 60%... I mean I probably get better protection drinking lots of OJ. I have a colleague who takes them religiously every year, and promptly gets sick from the flu at least 1 time every flu season. I never take the flu shots and I have never missed a single day of work due to sickness for the last 5 years (touching wood here!).
The difference between us? He lives in the burbs and has to commute to work, I live within walking distance to work. The moral of the story is, no amount of non-immunizing vaccination can replace the effectiveness of social distancing. If you're out there all the time mixing it with the public, that XX% effectiveness will wear out real quick. That's what I think.

I’m with you Goldfishman. It’s been decade i havent took the flu shot and I rarely get sick. before that took the shot for few years i seem to get sick alot. That is why i don’t trust it. because it’s not effective and replacing our immune is just like someone trying to hack into your computer and not knowing what is installed. I know later on it will be mandotory taking this vac. I will take it when i have no choice. I wish it’s a choice.

It’s unlogic of people here saying, those people who don’t take the vac will get effected. Funnily, those people who took it still get effected. I myself had covid in the early last year, i been through it. I got cured after a week as my doctor gave me prescription with all those symptoms. It’s recoverable but it all depends various of everyone’s health, lucky i’m not a smoker or alcoholic those 2 thing is unhealthy, sorry to say but I had experienced it the past. I felt so much better to got it of it.

So the conclusion is either those take it or not they still get effected some may lead into hospitals in other countries. Here is different story, as we are manageable and have better health system. Thank you Australia.

Riff888
18-07-2021, 11:39 AM

The difference between us? He lives in the burbs and has to commute to work, I live within walking distance to work. The moral of the story is, no amount of non-immunizing vaccination can replace the effectiveness of social distancing. If you're out there all the time mixing it with the public, that XX% effectiveness will wear out real quick. That's what I think.Agree, the flu shot is not nearly as effective. I've had the flu shot for over 5 years and still got the occasional infection needing antibiotics.

My kids get the flu shot now too since they got both A and B strains of the flu a few years ago and we're off school for a week. They haven't had the flu since.

Public transport is the worst for catching something.

I haven't been sick since moving to the city and walking to work.

So yes, social distancing does work.

GoldfishMan
18-07-2021, 11:40 AM
I’m with you Goldfishman. It’s been decade i havent took the flu shot and I rarely get sick. before that took the shot for few years i seem to get sick alot. That is why i don’t trust it. because it’s not effective and replacing our immune is just like someone trying to hack into your computer and not knowing what is installed. I know later on it will be mandotory taking this vac. I will take it when i have no choice. I wish it’s a choice.

It’s unlogic of people here saying, those people who don’t take the vac will get effected. Funnily, those people who took it still get effected. I myself had covid in the early last year, i been through it. I got cured after a week as my doctor gave me prescription with all those symptoms. It’s recoverable but it all depends various of everyone’s health, lucky i’m not a smoker or alcoholic those 2 thing is unhealthy, sorry to say but I had experienced it the past. I felt so much better to got it of it.

So the conclusion is either those take it or not they still get effected some may lead into hospitals in other countries. Here is different story, as we are manageable and have better health system. Thank you Australia.
No mate, I don't think it is because the vaccine screws with our immune system to make it weaker. It makes it stronger, just not as strong as we think it will be.
It's in our heads. We think that getting a vaccine makes us King of the world, so we put our guards down. I'm saying take the vaccine and continue to take all the same precautions against it.

adahar
18-07-2021, 01:30 PM
It's dangerous to assume that vaccines will prevent/inhibit infection. A quick look at the UK data reveals that with 50,000+ daily cases but with hospitalisation/death rates only marginally ticking up. The Govt is inferring that conjoining the two indicates the vaccine is working.

This is slightly misleading as it's a false dichotomy with two different data sets that have little influence on each other. The push to get vaccinated is primarily focussed on the need to keep people out of hospital, reduce cost and uncertainly, and ultimately death. If their inference is accepted it means that not only does vaccination do little to inhibit infection but it's the prime acquisition path.

UK UPDATE: Vaccinated people with symptoms have increased over the unvaccinated by a good margin and are now well over half the cases.

The question is, what other restrictions would they have to do away with? No more masks? No more social distancing? Open borders? (Goldfishman)

It is indeed, but there is now looming a darker side!

There is some commentary in the UK that people will not abandon masks and social distancing, preferring to maintain an air of "safety" surrounding their lives. They have become unwilling to let the management of their security be their own responsibility; they have accepted that the Govt will look after them. The weeks following July 19 (UK Freedom Day) will be studied closely by many.

There's also some hint of this in the US as unvaccinated people are being demonised as being "selfish, uncaring, lacking empathy" and spreading the virus. If we agree with the UK data above then this becomes patently false and hysterical nonsense. In accordance, continuing to wear the mask can be seen as establishing the community credentials of the individual, which is virtue signalling at it's best, or worst.

This signals a fundamental change in the attitude of people and while some may consider this just a change of personality it could also mean some damage to mental health which didn't exist before.

adahar
18-07-2021, 03:20 PM
Another interesting analysis from the UK number crunching:-

In the last three months there has been 3683 deaths from Influenza + Pneumonia as an underlying cause (average of 263 per week) and 1882 from Covid as an underlying cause (average of 134 per week).

I can't remember if there has ever been any lock downs for 200+ weekly deaths from the former. Does this change the perspective? Dunno, you make your own mind up.

sukeong
18-07-2021, 08:36 PM
Not this it's just flu again.

adahar
18-07-2021, 10:43 PM

No it's not but some people have to come to the realisation that covid ain't going away and we can't stay in fear of on/off lock down forever. An adjustment of the public psyche will have to take place sometime.

When, and if that happens will be in your hands.

cuteguy
19-07-2021, 01:03 AM
Basically the government could make vaccination in effect compulsory without officially making it compulsory.
If the anti-vaxers want to remain unvaccinated they can try and live off the grid, maybe they can go live a cave somewhere :)
Nobody is gonna miss these nutters :)

France and Germany are heading that way in granting privileges to people who have been vaccinated and making daily life difficult for those who aren't. The European Union is using digital covid certificates, with scannable QR codes that quickly show if someone has been vaccinated, tested negative or recovered from covid-19. The French President announced recently that people would have to flash their certificates before entering trains, planes, restaurants, cafes and many other places starting next month. This has resulted in protests in France with protesters in Paris chanting, “No to the health dictatorship!” and “Freedom!”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/vaccine-mandate-france-germany/2021/07/17/c36b0e74-e634-11eb-88c5-4fd6382c47cb_story.html

adahar
19-07-2021, 01:23 AM
France and Germany are heading that way in granting privileges to people who have been vaccinated and making daily life difficult for those who aren't. The European Union is using digital covid certificates, with scannable QR codes that quickly show if someone has been vaccinated, tested negative or recovered from covid-19. The French President announced recently that people would have to flash their certificates before entering trains, planes, restaurants, cafes and many other places starting next month. This has resulted in protests in France with protesters in Paris chanting, “No to the health dictatorship!” and “Freedom!”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/vaccine-mandate-france-germany/2021/07/17/c36b0e74-e634-11eb-88c5-4fd6382c47cb_story.html

Whats the point?

In the UK there are more people with vaccination testing positive than without! Eventually they'll reach vaccine saturation but still have rising cases. What will certificates, passports et al do for them then?

It's a lot of hysterical nonsense.

warwick1
19-07-2021, 08:48 AM

No one is forcing you to have the vaccine so don't have it, you must be the Asian Batman being so invincible, personally I would rather listen to my doctor or experts in the field rather than rants from people like you...have a safe day everybody74439

Seafood
19-07-2021, 09:01 AM

Tell that to the millions of people that have died from covid

Joe1956
19-07-2021, 03:32 PM
https://www.npr.org/2021/07/16/1017002907/u-s-covid-deaths-are-rising-again-experts-call-it-a-pandemic-of-the-unvaccinated?fbclid=IwAR3f4j-m2V_GR5EmQquXHTx1faQsyxGollS1aJE3v4gSc8PZIwlWn3e98 _I

suka02
19-07-2021, 09:00 PM
Tell that to the millions of people that have died from covid

Still more deaths along the way anyway with or without vac. it won’t end and vac is not 100% a solution until 100% research is done, atm it may interfere with other people’s health issue which makes it not comfortable to take. if you believe in those vac Good! I find it amusing that cases still rising around the globe. Especially in UK & US high cases it’s where they produce the vac. suprisingly. Yep! Keep listening to the media and urge yourself to take it.

I’m not taking it unless it is compulsary later on or better improvement on the vac.

Sharphorse
19-07-2021, 09:51 PM
Still more deaths along the way anyway with or without vac. it won’t end and vac is not 100% a solution until 100% research is done, atm it may interfere with other people’s health issue which makes it not comfortable to take. if you believe in those vac Good! I find it amusing that cases still rising around the globe. Especially in UK & US high cases it’s where they produce the vac. suprisingly. Yep! Keep listening to the media and urge yourself to take it.

I’m not taking it unless it is compulsary later on or better improvement on the vac.

Cases are rising in the UK and US as vaccinated people get out more but almost all of these cases aren’t serious. People think saying “but you can still Covid if you’re vaccinated” is a rebuttal or a reason not to be vaccinated. We may never eradicate Covid now but getting vaccinated might be the difference for you between being in a hospital unconscious on a ventilator for 2 weeks or just having a bit of a cough for 2-3 days. Moving forward we will probably start to forget about daily case numbers and focus on hospitalisations and death as a measuring stick for concern

Anyway isn’t this a punting forum? Lol

suka02
19-07-2021, 10:13 PM
Cases are rising in the UK and US as vaccinated people get out more but almost all of these cases aren’t serious. People think saying “but you can still Covid if you’re vaccinated” is a rebuttal or a reason not to be vaccinated. We may never eradicate Covid now but getting vaccinated might be the difference for you between being in a hospital unconscious on a ventilator for 2 weeks or just having a bit of a cough for 2-3 days. Moving forward we will probably start to forget about daily case numbers and focus on hospitalisations and death as a measuring stick for concern

Anyway isn’t this a punting forum? Lol

Sure is a fun debate. you know even the vac. people can still get hospitalised. It’s all depending on each person’s health condition. I believe we are not going anywhere even outside country until it is all safe. Which means the vax is not 100% preventive atm until they find more improved.

woods23
20-07-2021, 04:51 PM
Some ppl here so stubborn is like-对牛弹琴 :anger:

sukeong
23-07-2021, 06:31 PM
Huh? I'm not against vaccination. In fact I hope people do get vaccinated do every country will reach herd immunity. I'm saying Covid isn't like normal flu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warwick1
23-07-2021, 06:37 PM
Huh? I'm not against vaccination. In fact I hope people do get vaccinated do every country will reach herd immunity. I'm saying Covid isn't like normal flu.

That's the first time you have actually said something remotely sensible...give the man a jab........

sukeong
23-07-2021, 08:37 PM
That's the first time you have actually said something remotely sensible...give the man a jab........

Lol pls stop replying to me. I dun waste time for nonsense thanks

warwick1
23-07-2021, 08:48 PM
Lol pls stop replying to me. I dun waste time for nonsense thanks

You "dun" waste time for nonsense?? that's all you speak..good night

surething91
29-08-2021, 04:16 PM
This thread went a bit in the wrong direction with pro vax vs anti vax but let's try to go beyond that and don't fight about that:

So, do you see this covid certificate coming now? If it comes, are you concerned of showing it when entering a shop?

Many people don't care about privacy but I imagine most people in this forum do care about it and know how critical it can be to give it away.

I'm interested have your opinion on it.

adahar
29-08-2021, 06:17 PM
This thread went a bit in the wrong direction with pro vax vs anti vax but let's try to go beyond that and don't fight about that:

So, do you see this covid certificate coming now? If it comes, are you concerned of showing it when entering a shop?

Many people don't care about privacy but I imagine most people in this forum do care about it and know how critical it can be to give it away.

I'm interested have your opinion on it.

The way it will work as I understand it is to attach it to the QR check in app.

I presume any shop or business that wants to do this will have their QR code modified so that a registration will connect to your immunisation record and verify it before returning a green tick. If your record shows no vaccination it'll either refuse to check you in or return a denial flag.

If the shop doesn't care about vaccine verification but wants you to check in they will continue with their current QR code then it's business as usual.

The other option is that they won't care whether you can check in or not so it won't matter.

There is no privacy to worry about other than the fact that they know your medical status. Your medical records used to be something that no one had a right to know but it seems a tiny piece of that is to be violated.

On the other hand, it'll be a certainty that you'll have to give it up if you travel overseas, no matter where you go, so maybe just popping into a local coffee shop isn't such a long stretch. Of course, having the govt know your every movement on a day to day basis, the data produced can (and will) be used for all sorts of other stuff, is something people seem quite agreeable to giving up.

aussiegaigin
29-08-2021, 06:39 PM
If you have the Medicare Express app on your phone it can show what Covid immunisations you have had. There is no other medical history attached to this certificate.

tpol
29-08-2021, 11:12 PM
Can't you borrow your friends account who's fully vaccinated and show that on another phone you might have

Every time I check in with qr code they just look at my phone for the shops name. They never check if it is my phone or if it is me as there's no photo attached

Vader
30-08-2021, 10:44 AM
Can't you borrow your friends account who's fully vaccinated and show that on another phone you might have

Every time I check in with qr code they just look at my phone for the shops name. They never check if it is my phone or if it is me as there's no photo attached

Hello, you you could have two people checking in at the same time in different locations? Recipe for disaster

Climax598
30-08-2021, 12:13 PM

Why would you borrow to your friends your QR. Do you borrow your credit card !!!! What would happen if your friends got to a place using your QR and need to do covid test!!!!. You are the one getting to do the test and might a 14 days stay at home. If could be a criminal offence.

Vader
30-08-2021, 02:50 PM
Why would you borrow to your friends your QR. Do you borrow your credit card !!!! What would happen if your friends got to a place using your QR and need to do covid test!!!!. You are the one getting to do the test and might a 14 days stay at home. If could be a criminal offence.

It is straight out fraud, a criminal offence that you can do jail time for.

tpol
30-08-2021, 03:05 PM
Ppl borrow ppls ids for ages.its not new.

Why do ppl go on anti lockdown rallies
Why do ppl go out when they know they are still infected
Why do ppl not wear masks
Why do ppl hold parties with heaps of ppl.some even load them on tiktok
Why do ppl sign into massage parlours with different names even though they are caught on cctv

Ppl do whatever they want if they want it badly enough

Riff888
30-08-2021, 03:17 PM

Why do ppl sign into massage parlours with different names even though they are caught on cctv

Ppl do whatever they want if they want it badly enoughGetting caught lying to contact tracers is an instant $5k fine.

They are working on a certificate QR codes which is linked via Service NSW app. It will be hard to get past that.

dannyboy
30-08-2021, 04:59 PM
Chatting with a friend in France, they have a green pass, which means either vaccinated, recovered from covid or negative PCR test.. To maintain green pass unvaccinated you have to test regularly.. He recovered from covid so isn't required to get vaccinated...

adahar
30-08-2021, 05:45 PM
Chatting with a friend in France, they have a green pass, which means either vaccinated, recovered from covid or negative PCR test.. To maintain green pass unvaccinated you have to test regularly.. He recovered from covid so isn't required to get vaccinated...

So much for "Liberté, égalité, fraternité" first uttered by Robespierre whose main goal in life was separating the heads of the ruling class from their bodies. Didn't stop there though! Soon it became anybody that dissented from the ideology, up to 100,000.

I think they also claimed it was for the "safety" of the Republic.

zoozilla
30-08-2021, 06:13 PM
It's important that all punters to get his OZ Digital COVID Certificate as you would need it when the Doors of Seven Sins open.

You would not get into the door without one. Temperature will be checked and security will be strict.

Climax598
30-08-2021, 08:06 PM

Ppl do whatever they want if they want it badly enough
That's why they are call idiots.

tpol
31-08-2021, 12:38 AM
That's why they are call idiots.

Yes and this lockdown has proven there are heaps of them

tpol
31-08-2021, 12:41 AM
So after all the comments here, when our rnt and brothels reopens and its mandatory for you to qr code and show your vaccination status, are all you boys gonna do it?

Especially, you can see your recent visits on the app?

Before this lockdown, I have scanned the qr code at rnt that I have visited

aussiegaigin
31-08-2021, 10:31 AM
So after all the comments here, when our rnt and brothels reopens and its mandatory for you to qr code and show your vaccination status, are all you boys gonna do it?

Has this been confirmed as a government policy, or is it just speculation?

adahar
31-08-2021, 11:15 AM

It's mandatory to check in now so that much hasn't changed. Requiring proof of vax looks like it's to be left up to the shop. Becoming govt policy, I assume, will require legislation before both houses. Not sure how long they can keep the PHO's going, they have to stop sometime!

On the other hand, the way I read the latest PHO it seems that if the registration cannot be made by a phone then a record can be kept by the "occupier" to be provided on request. This appears to leave the door open for a paper record (at least) to be kept and provided in electronic form if requested (clause 15, 16,17). If shops have any sense they'll do it this way.

https://legislation.nsw.gov.au/file/Public%20Health%20(COVID-19%20Safety)%20Order%202021.pdf

warwick1
31-08-2021, 11:27 AM
Just heard on the news a Brothel at Rydalmere was busted last night, does not really interest me but I thought it might be of interest to someone...cheers

Babewatch
31-08-2021, 11:51 AM
I just heard the same news report and was amazed at how brazen they were for trying to work during the lockdown.
Then I started to think about how many ML / WL are out there travelling around the suburbs doing private work!!
There must be heaps I’d imagine!!

tpol
31-08-2021, 12:29 PM
Gladys said today as restrictions ease we will still need to qr code checking, masks, ....

She didn't say when it will stop

tpol
31-08-2021, 12:32 PM
On the other hand, the way I read the latest PHO it seems that if the registration cannot be made by a phone then a record can be kept by the "occupier" to be provided on request. This appears to leave the door open for a paper record (at least) to be kept and provided in electronic form if requested (clause 15, 16,17). If shops have any sense they'll do it this way.

https://legislation.nsw.gov.au/file/Public%20Health%20(COVID-19%20Safety)%20Order%202021.pdf

So are our friends here going to commit fraud and write down whatever?

warwick1
31-08-2021, 12:37 PM

If they are fuckwits they will....

tpol
31-08-2021, 12:42 PM
I goto to mainly 3 places and used the qr code to check in. I've never been caught. Though I am single.

adahar
31-08-2021, 01:12 PM
Gladys said today as restrictions ease we will still need to qr code checking, masks, ....

She didn't say when it will stop

It will never stop. QR codes will be required for ongoing monitoring of the disease threshold in the community. This will take the form of surveillance testing in selected areas and the health response adjusted to cope. There are many and complex reasons why this approach is likely.

adahar
31-08-2021, 01:16 PM

If punters still go to brothels in defiance of the PHO's, especially the curfew, and covid positive people sit outside together playing cards, it's not likely that giving false information will be of any significance to them.

tpol
31-08-2021, 01:21 PM
I'm talking about when shops opens up legally and qr code are still mandatory

adahar
31-08-2021, 01:48 PM
Dan Andrews redefining the goal posts today. Starting to realise that the zero covid policy is a lost cause, they are unlikely to come out of some form of lockdown until national thresholds are met. It's finally dawned on them that over 100,000 people in isolation is unsustainable, all from less than 20 "mystery" cases per day. Now getting to 30+ has reached tipping point, hence the policy changes.

The ACT is crawling to this target, still a chance to pull it back but they are already easing a couple of restrictions to counterbalance their lockdown extension.

We only need WA, SA and Qld to "see the light" and commence preparations sooner rather than later.

NZ has dawdled on vaccination (21%) and will now pay the price. Given their population (<5m), they should have had a better result than this by now but it does depend on the individual to realise the yawning chasm soon looming.

adahar
31-08-2021, 02:01 PM
I'm talking about when shops opens up legally and qr code are still mandatory

I think the intent is to keep QR codes in place for the foreseeable future, probably forever. There are many reasons for this, some potentially not health related, accordingly it will probably remain mandatory.

ScoMo has said today that Australia has chosen a different path to follow rather than adopt the position of other countries. No details yet, apart from reiterating that TTIQ will be a feature. QR codes, in IMO will be vital to this policy.

(Note that we, the people, haven't had a say in this, either directly or by representation in the Parliament, although that opportunity might come later. Don't hold your breath).

tpol
31-08-2021, 02:25 PM
As for the 3 others, they'll probably gothru what nsw is once a few cases leak into their state either via hotel quarantine or something else like what happened to nz.

Then they won't be prepared to handle it and ask nsw for help.

dannyboy
31-08-2021, 02:41 PM
Many punters will just see more "privates".. Simple

Riff888
31-08-2021, 04:37 PM
Many punters will just see more "privates".. SimpleI was asked for my Covid certificate by a few private girls and I saw their immunisation record, which shows the Covid shots.

I even helped a long time regular how to set it up via MyGov and Medicare Express app.

Most Asian girls are opting for the vaccine and a lot of them have had either one or both doses.

Of course there are always exceptions but you'll run out of options I reckon.

tpol
31-08-2021, 04:47 PM
I assume most privates won't ask their clients for a qr code check in right?

But if they don't, a pissed off punter might dob them in

Riff888
31-08-2021, 06:02 PM
I assume most privates won't ask their clients for a qr code check in right?

But if they don't, a pissed off punter might dob them inPrivates wouldn't have that technology, so they will easily be fooled by fake Covid certificates.

At least they'll be more protected since they will be vaccinated.

tpol
31-08-2021, 07:28 PM
Don't you just apply online and then print it out and stick it over your pussy until the guy scans?

dannyboy
01-09-2021, 03:58 PM
I was asked for my Covid certificate by a few private girls and I saw their immunisation record, which shows the Covid shots.

I even helped a long time regular how to set it up via MyGov and Medicare Express app.

Most Asian girls are opting for the vaccine and a lot of them have had either one or both doses.

Of course there are always exceptions but you'll run out of options I reckon.

I reckon you are way off the mark.. Believe what you will..

GoldfishMan
01-09-2021, 09:29 PM

Especially, you can see your recent visits on the app?

Before this lockdown, I have scanned the qr code at rnt that I have visited
I have no issues checking in at shops. My partner has always known I have a history of punting / philandering. Actually most of the people closest to me including friends and family know what a rascal I am, lol!

Riff888
01-09-2021, 09:59 PM
I'll just leave this here.74492

surething91
01-09-2021, 10:03 PM
So we don't know yet what's the plan with this covid certificate. Will it be mandatory?
Also to get to 70-80% vaccinated I think communication is the key (explaining/reasoning to explain the benefits of the vaccine). But clearly our government is lacking that...

Climax598
02-09-2021, 02:45 AM
So we don't know yet what's the plan with this covid certificate. Will it be mandatory?
Also to get to 70-80% vaccinated I think communication is the key (explaining/reasoning to explain the benefits of the vaccine). But clearly our government is lacking that...
You still don't know the benefits of the vaccine.?
So that we all can go bank to our favourite shop and fuck our favourite girls.

surething91
02-09-2021, 10:55 AM
You still don't know the benefits of the vaccine.?
I never said that but clearly some are still hesitant! And instead of blaming them we should talk with them and not say we are in this situation because of them. Of course some won't listen at all but this should be a minority. And if not it would mean our health experts and government has failed!

Vader
02-09-2021, 11:37 AM
I never said that but clearly some are still hesitant! And instead of blaming them we should talk with them and not say we are in this situation because of them. Of course some won't listen at all but this should be a minority. And if not it would mean our health experts and government has failed!

I don't think that you can blame the Government or Health Dept. It's just that you can't put brains in statues.

Climax598
02-09-2021, 12:39 PM
What is there to explain to people in getting the vaccine. You can go to your GP to get advice and yet people don't seek advice. People are easy influenced by social media and fack news that is the problem. Some people think is not real and can't get covid that's the thinking. I have friends and relatives in overseas have covid-19 one die within 3 days after testing positive, one recover but with new sickness die after 5 months, some lucky one only have mild infection. The government and overseas governments have explain but some people don't accept the explanation and advice. We have the covid-19 for over 19 months and if people still don't get it then they have a problem not the government.

adahar
02-09-2021, 01:15 PM
What is there to explain to people in getting the vaccine. You can go to your GP to get advice and yet people don't seek advice. People are easy influenced by social media and fack news that is the problem. Some people think is not real and can't get covid that's the thinking. I have friends and relatives in overseas have covid-19 one die within 3 days after testing positive, one recover but with new sickness die after 5 months, some lucky one only have mild infection. The government and overseas governments have explain but some people don't accept the explanation and advice. We have the covid-19 for over 19 months and if people still don't get it then they have a problem not the government.

It could be that people don't trust the govt. Should we?

In the press conference today KC said that natural immunity from a previous infection was not as good as the vaccine. Vaccine efficacy of both vaccines is claimed to be between 92% to 95% after two doses, however, this study claims that antibody positiveness is 95% for 7 months, about as long as Pfizer lasts. This was published in April '21, they may be recent further information.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/eclinm/article/PIIS2589-5370(2100141-3/fulltext#seccesectitle0025

You would think that Public Health would draw on this information but, of course, that wouldn't fit the narrative.

02-09-2021, 02:01 PM
I think the intent is to keep QR codes in place for the foreseeable future, probably forever. There are many reasons for this, some potentially not health related, accordingly it will probably remain mandatory.

ScoMo has said today that Australia has chosen a different path to follow rather than adopt the position of other countries. No details yet, apart from reiterating that TTIQ will be a feature. QR codes, in IMO will be vital to this policy.

(Note that we, the people, haven't had a say in this, either directly or by representation in the Parliament, although that opportunity might come later. Don't hold your breath).

Federal election early next so let's get ready to speak up

tpol
02-09-2021, 02:43 PM
Yeah, I'm surprised aunty kerry said that

Ziggurat
26-09-2021, 06:24 PM
Cases have stabilised and dropped below 1000 for the first time.

We've been locked down since the 26th of June so it isn't behaviour stabilising the infection rate. The only change that has happened is the increasing vaccination percentage.

If this had been 2020 without a vaccine and Delta out there it would have been unstoppable, lockdown or not. 10,000 cases per day, 20,000, 50,000 you name it.

That **** of a virus is encountering a defensive army for the first time and it is fucking it. Ha ha Ha Ha ha (maniacal, slightly hysterical and definitely unhinged, laughter)

zoozilla
26-09-2021, 06:54 PM
That **** of a virus is encountering a defensive army for the first time and it is fucking it. Ha ha Ha Ha ha (maniacal, slightly hysterical and definitely unhinged, laughter)

This is the most intelligent and profound thinking I've read.

Human beings have brains. Virus doesn't have a brain. It is waiting to be eradicated by medical science and technology.