PDA

View Full Version : General talk Are worst fears manifested? All hail the satay stall "hero"

GoldfishMan
18-07-2021, 06:03 PM
https://goodyfeed.com/tpy-satay/

COVID cluster in Singapore started from a KTV lounge (hostess bar). Lots of punters who visited them were sweating bullets. Then a satay stall guy who also went to the lounge became the perfect fall guy... It's a beautiful story!

asiafever
18-07-2021, 07:01 PM
Not all heroes wear capes...
Some serve bamboo sticks of meaty goodness.
I have a few mates in Singapore. I'll ask them if they've been to this satay vendor too!

GoldfishMan
18-07-2021, 07:31 PM
Not all heroes wear capes...
Some serve bamboo sticks of meaty goodness.
I have a few mates in Singapore. I'll ask them if they've been to this satay vendor too!
They're putting him forward as candidate for outstanding citizen of the year for national Day honours, lol!

asiafever
18-07-2021, 07:38 PM
They're putting him forward as candidate for outstanding citizen of the year for national Day honours, lol!

That's hilarious. God I hope he wins..

zoozilla
18-07-2021, 07:42 PM
I read about the Singapore KTV lounges news yesterday in their local news . Immediately I thought about our ML and WL joints in Sydney. Because of close contacts and the confines of the rooms they could be likely conduits to the spread of the virus too.

Warrabong
18-07-2021, 08:11 PM
What a deadset legend. For da boyz

GoldfishMan
18-07-2021, 08:25 PM
Heh, on a serious note, further down the article there are lessons to be learnt. The SG Gov now says that testing of KTV visitors will be "confidential". No idea how they will do that, but at least it shows that they understand the social nuance of being open about one's movements, and they are at least trying to overcome that in order to get at the main issue which is to detect infections!