PDA

View Full Version : General talk Timeline for shops reopening

DireStraits
26-07-2021, 09:29 PM
Does anyone remember when parlours and brothels reopened last year? Roughly how many weeks after lifting of restrictions and reopening of retail, cinemas etc was that?

TheMaestro
26-07-2021, 09:45 PM
About 3-4 weeks behind everything else. Although I can't see anything dramatically changing for months at this rate, let alone massage shops and brothels.

zoozilla
26-07-2021, 09:45 PM
Unofficially the doors opened almost immediately to the regulars if you know the owners well enough.

I always make a point of saying goodbye nicely to the mamasans before leaving the place. :)

Sleazypeazy
26-07-2021, 09:47 PM
Does anyone remember when parlours and brothels reopened last year? Roughly how many weeks after lifting of restrictions and reopening of retail, cinemas etc was that?

2-4weeks at least after we reach 0 cases which by the looks of it won't be before another 6 weeks at list. My guess would be not before October. Let's stay hopeful and stop those idiots protesting and ruining everything for us.

Climax598
26-07-2021, 11:34 PM
Massage Parlour/RnT reopen last year end of may.

DireStraits
27-07-2021, 12:18 AM
Massage Parlour/RnT reopen last year end of may.

Thanks mate - sounds about right… I just can’t remember anymore… it’s all jumbled up. And I think brothels reopened somewhere in June, or might have been July 🤔

DireStraits
27-07-2021, 12:21 AM
2-4weeks at least after we reach 0 cases which by the looks of it won't be before another 6 weeks at list. My guess would be not before October. Let's stay hopeful and stop those idiots protesting and ruining everything for us.
You talking about this year? Yeah, probably. I was actually asking about when shops reopened last year, after they closed in March…

MDPorto
27-07-2021, 12:32 AM
First we will need to track and trace the in excess of >100 cases which still haven't been linked back to a known outbreak or cluster.

Next we will need to reach zero 'infectious while I'm the community' transmissions, and maintain a clean period of this for around 2-4 weeks.

Only then can we start to think about opening up.

If you look at the way that Taiwan has dealt with its most recent outbreak, NSW is on a similar path. Expect a minimum of another two months here. If we are lucky, we might get out of this in time for the October long weekend.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.smh.com.au/world/asia/learning-the-hard-way-taiwan-exits-lockdown-and-steps-up-vaccine-race-20210726-p58cyc.html

Raffiz88
27-07-2021, 10:28 AM
Damn. I will need to relocate to Queensland in October for a new job. Hope I get to meet the ladies before I go. I don't think punting scene in Queensland is as colorful as Sydney ☹️

james912
27-07-2021, 11:39 AM
First we will need to track and trace the in excess of >100 cases which still haven't been linked back to a known outbreak or cluster.

Next we will need to reach zero 'infectious while I'm the community' transmissions, and maintain a clean period of this for around 2-4 weeks.

If you look at the way that Taiwan has dealt with its most recent outbreak, NSW is on a similar path. Expect a minimum of another two months here. If we are lucky, we might get out of this in time for the October long weekend.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.smh.com.au/world/asia/learning-the-hard-way-taiwan-exits-lockdown-and-steps-up-vaccine-race-20210726-p58cyc.html

Taiwanese are compliant with their restrictions unlike the people here, so i am not hopeful that it will follow taiwan projectile

zoozilla
27-07-2021, 12:14 PM
Damn. I will need to relocate to Queensland in October for a new job. Hope I get to meet the ladies before I go. I don't think punting scene in Queensland is as colorful as Sydney ☹️

But I can guarantee you'll sweat in every punt there..

tpol
27-07-2021, 01:04 PM
Campsie hit hard. Are the shops still open there?

aussiegaigin
27-07-2021, 01:07 PM

Hope your new job pays more, because you will need it for punting up there

Raffiz88
27-07-2021, 01:29 PM
Hope your new job pays more, because you will need it for punting up there

No, it doesn't 😭 but I am lucky to have it at this time. If it becomes too expensive then I will just travel to Sydney every fortnight. Luckily my partner has a good paying job so she will stay here till end of this year. So, I still have some chance to enjoy the colourful Sydney :cry:

GoldfishMan
27-07-2021, 02:16 PM
Campsie hit hard. Are the shops still open there?
Campsie has the same demographic as Auburn and other western burbs. Don't think they will get a lot of testing done there, tbh. This is going to add a lot more "mystery cases" to the stats, I'm afraid!

suka02
27-07-2021, 02:24 PM
This apartment in full lockdown in blacktown apartment. most people live there got infected. The coppa is securing the whole building for 14days to ensure no one allowed to leave.

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/sydney-apartment-block-residents-locked-down-after-several-cases-of-covid-c-3516125?fbclid=IwAR1d0qfnUPe0T4b5SXZXVNS_hdU9JpvUT pNd66-1pIzOX0Al6rWPGAMRuYY

One23Four
27-07-2021, 02:59 PM
Campsie daily testing is around 1,300 recently and close to 9,500 in the last 7 days out of a population of around 24,000. The testing rate is very high as a result of the many exposure sites in Campsie. All these data can be found in NSW Health website updated daily.

This Delta Variant has a relatively short average incubation period of 5-7 days for very noticeable and serious symptoms so cases will be revealed very soon after infection. With a young lady aged 38 died after infection and many people hospitalized, in ICU and ventilated, people are beginning to listen and learn the severe consequences getting infected. With such short cycle of cases revelation, things can changed dramatically in just a few weeks’ time if most people behave and protect themselves like wearing masks from being infected by a very small minority irresponsible human beings. I feel sorry for the international student who died as she did try to get vaccinated with AstraZenaca knowing that her flatmate is a high risk individual being a student nurse working in a hospital but unfortunately denied by her GP. Hope her GP can sleep well with this tragedy which might be avoided if he reached a different decision.

It is still possible shops can reopen by end of September in the LGAs outside the 4 LGAs currently in hard lockdown including the most popular shops in Surry Hills, Marrickville and Gladesville. Last year, brothels were allowed to reopen at the end of June after appropriately 3-month closure and Massage Parlour about 2-week earlier than brothels.

Punt safe for those who still want to risk a hefty fine and perhaps a higher risk of infection particularly for those not fully vaccinated to go “private” at the height of the pandemic in Sydney.

MDPorto
27-07-2021, 03:26 PM
Taiwanese are compliant with their restrictions unlike the people here, so i am not hopeful that it will follow taiwan projectile

Agreed - that is the minimum of what we can expect here in terms of getting out of lockdown, as long as we are compliant.

wild_child
27-07-2021, 09:11 PM

No need to wait, plenty of shops still open!

DireStraits
27-07-2021, 10:20 PM
No need to wait, plenty of shops still open!
With the risk of getting a $1000 fine and/or COVID? Sure. But that’s not what I meant…

Raffiz88
27-07-2021, 10:33 PM
I think we will have to live with covid forever. The chances of eradicating it like polio is definitely not on the horizon.

I think important thing is to get the vaccination which will help to avoid serious scenarios where you need ICU. If the life threatening scenario is removed from it, then it will be kind of like flu. And hopefully down the line we will get a vaccine that actually kills/stops then spread.

We will bear the economic scars of these lockdowns for years to come. I think this breakout has proved "fortress Australia" not a legit solution.

TheMaestro
28-07-2021, 09:41 PM
I think we will have to live with covid forever. The chances of eradicating it like polio is definitely not on the horizon.

I think important thing is to get the vaccination which will help to avoid serious scenarios where you need ICU. If the life threatening scenario is removed from it, then it will be kind of like flu. And hopefully down the line we will get a vaccine that actually kills/stops then spread.

We will bear the economic scars of these lockdowns for years to come. I think this breakout has proved "fortress Australia" not a legit solution.

I don't think fortress Australia was ever a sustainable solution, just took this outbreak for people to realise that, some still don't!!!

asgard
06-08-2021, 05:01 PM

You can not compare to Taiwan as they have at the moment very little access to vaccine.

MisterWhippy
06-08-2021, 09:16 PM
In NSW we see the lockdown slowing but not reducing the delta strain
They say vaccination is the way out
On target to reach 80% vaccination by December

So that means...

AHLUNGOR
07-08-2021, 01:11 AM
I don't think fortress Australia was ever a sustainable solution, just took this outbreak for people to realise that, some still don't!!!

The hotel quarantine system was the one unsustainable. It could be good for a while then the staff or the authorities got complacent and outbreak happened ! Or entering some new personnel who are either untrained or unvaccinated!

We should built more purpose built facilities in the NT or outside the major city centres and use that exclusively for returning Aussie from overseas. Quarantine in CBD hotels will fail in the long run.

Yes, 70-80% population vaccinated is the target and the silver bullet, how long before we get there is the billion dollar question !

TheMaestro
07-08-2021, 09:29 AM

So that means...

I conclude lockdown until Christmas based on your geo-sexual analysis bro MisterWhippy! Shops to open February 2022 with QR Check-in and masks at all times. No DFK, blowjobs to be given by hole's in the mask to allow access. All shops will have each room live streamed to the health department to ensure compliance!!!

Also the local cop shop will have access to the streams, don't want them feeling left out!

rooter
07-08-2021, 10:00 AM

Fortress Australia is a brilliant solution.
Closing the borders way back in Feb/March last year was a brilliant move.
If the rest of the world did the same thing this pandemic would have been tiny, in fact it wouldn't even be a pandemic, and would be pretty much over by now.
Fortress Australia meant that the virus never really had a chance to enter the country on a large enough scale to create a full blown pandemic here.
If we didn't close the borders we would be like the rest of the World with tens of thousands of deaths and hundreds of thousands of infections consistently for the last 18 months and still going strong. And the economy would be fucked up, instead of the current situation where the economy is doing better than ever with record low unemployment.
The government fucked up by not closing the borders tight enough and having a leaky quarantine system.
And the government fucked up by stuffing up the vaccination program.
Sure we have a bit of an outbreak now due to poor quarantine and not enough vaccination, but closed borders means it is a relatively small outbreak compared to other countries and will be brought under control.
Borders must remain closed and quarantine needs to be tightened up and vaccination needs to be turbo charged.
We are still by far the safest country in the World to be in right now thanks to the closed borders policy.

Vader
07-08-2021, 10:35 AM

So that means...

I said a month ago that knock and RNT shops wouldn't open until the new year at least and everybody laughed at me....

CountryPunter
07-08-2021, 10:51 AM
Closed borders should have meant fully closed borders. So that would have meant no politicians travelling overseas for meetings, no sporting teams coming and going and no expats returning.

That would be a truly closed border and we all know that was never going to happen.

As has been previously mentioned the biggest problem has been the leaky quarantine system.

In hindsight, what should have been done was build special purpose quarantine centres in remote areas where returning travellers and staff have no contact with the general population. Locking up people in hotels in the middle of cities was a desperate move because there was no other alternative.

All we can do now is get the majority of the population vaccinated and plan on follow up booster shots because this virus is here to stay. Much like the common flu but just a lot more deadly in susceptible people.

07-08-2021, 12:24 PM
If the rest of the world did the same thing this pandemic would have been tiny, in fact it wouldn't even be a pandemic, and would be pretty much over by now.
Fortress Australia meant that the virus never really had a chance to enter the country on a large enough scale to create a full blown pandemic here.
If we didn't close the borders we would be like the rest of the World with tens of thousands of deaths and hundreds of thousands of infections consistently for the last 18 months and still going strong. And the economy would be fucked up, instead of the current situation where the economy is doing better than ever with record low unemployment.
The government fucked up by not closing the borders tight enough and having a leaky quarantine system.
Sure we have a bit of an outbreak now due to poor quarantine and not enough vaccination, but closed borders means it is a relatively small outbreak compared to other countries and will be brought under control.
Borders must remain closed and quarantine needs to be tightened up and vaccination needs to be turbo charged.
We are still by far the safest country in the World to be in right now thanks to the closed borders policy.
The economy going better than ever????can I have some of what you are smoking bro we are going to be 1 trillion in debt by Christmas do you think all this money that has been blown in the last 2 years doesn't have to be paid back or scomo is just going to print some more

DireStraits
07-08-2021, 05:11 PM
https://youtu.be/X_0zFEtPbiA

rooter
07-08-2021, 06:57 PM
https://youtu.be/X_0zFEtPbiA

Excellent summary. 100% agree.

Vader
07-08-2021, 07:39 PM
Excellent summary. 100% agree.

So, in polls Scomo is the preferred PM, then No Idea, then Each Way Albo. What do you suggest we do?

Climax598
07-08-2021, 08:03 PM
So, in polls Scomo is the preferred PM, then No Idea, then Each Way Albo. What do you suggest we do?
If we have each way Albo at least he bet each way on the vax Az and Pfizer then we don't have issue with Pfizer.

Vader
07-08-2021, 08:13 PM
If we have each way Albo at least he bet each way on the vax Az and Pfizer then we don't have issue with Pfizer.

He wouldn't have got Pfizer much earlier as the yanks took so much of it as Trump gave them so much development money. The biggest problem was the media doing a hatchet job on AZ

Vader
07-08-2021, 08:14 PM

Or each way Albo may have done 50% vaccine and 50% no vaccine......

studsg
07-08-2021, 11:14 PM
He wouldn't have got Pfizer much earlier as the yanks took so much of it as Trump gave them so much development money. The biggest problem was the media doing a hatchet job on AZProblem with ScoMo was he bet the house only on one vaccine maybe cos of the lucrative deal involving manufacturing. But if we had spread our bets like Albo. We would have got our Pfizer like all the other EU countries. Lots of EU countries got their Pfizer and Moderna supplies cos they didn't just bet on one horse. These Pharma have multiple factories supplying the world, so it's a purely a first come first serve deal and we were last.

Climax598
08-08-2021, 12:15 AM
Or each way Albo may have done 50% vaccine and 50% no vaccine......
That scomo only bet on one horse. Why he only buy 10 millions dose not 20 millions or 30 millions dose. The answer is he try to save money because Pfizer cost 5 time more than AZ. It was report Pfizer cost $800 millions.

Vader
08-08-2021, 10:44 AM
That scomo only bet on one horse. Why he only buy 10 millions dose not 20 millions or 30 millions dose. The answer is he try to save money because Pfizer cost 5 time more than AZ. It was report Pfizer cost $800 millions.

Plus AZ could be made in Oz so supply wouldn't be an issue. Hindsight is very easy. Albo can say anything he wants (like anyone in opposition) but we will never know actually What he would have done if he was PM. Anyway there is nothing wrong with AZ apart from the media ripping it apart

Climax598
08-08-2021, 10:59 AM
Plus AZ could be made in Oz so supply wouldn't be an issue. Hindsight is very easy. Albo can say anything he wants (like anyone in opposition) but we will never know actually What he would have done if he was PM. Anyway there is nothing wrong with AZ apart from the media ripping it apart
I have Pfizer what you have. Az is like Russian roulette.

rooter
08-08-2021, 11:20 AM

The media reported the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) advice to the Federal Government and that the Federal Government followed that advice.
That's what the media does is a free democracy. Sometimes the truth is inconvenient, but the truth is the truth and has to be reported.
Then people can make their own choices.
This is Australia, not North Korea.
Would you prefer that the media ignored, or covered up the story?

AHLUNGOR
08-08-2021, 11:36 AM

As already mentioned by Vader above, I think the main reason was that the AZ vaccines could be manufactured locally by CSL, so logistically it’s a much saver bet as well as no shortage of supply. Pfizer on the other hand must be imported and had to be transported and stored at subzero temperatures . Then of course the cost factors too!

Hindsight is a very good thing. If I was in his position, and with the limited data and health advices available at the time I probably would do the same. It was pure bad luck that AZ has already showing some fatal side effects which put a lot of people off for taking it. But all the vaccines have been produced in such high space and none really have done enough testing for long term health effects. So good luck to all of us.

vitrium
08-08-2021, 11:52 AM
I'm going to guess it will be once 80%+ of the local population have had 2 vaccine doses AND the spread is slowing/hospitalisations are declining substantially.

At best it will be later this year. Possibly December. Maybe January 2022. Unfortunately.

Vader
08-08-2021, 12:00 PM
The media reported the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) advice to the Federal Government and that the Federal Government followed that advice.
That's what the media does is a free democracy. Sometimes the truth is inconvenient, but the truth is the truth and has to be reported.
Then people can make their own choices.
This is Australia, not North Korea.
Would you prefer that the media ignored, or covered up the story?

I was just commenting what I think happened. I wasn't criticising anything apart from maybe some the media going on and on as fear sells. I think your last line is over the top. But then, you laughed when I said knock shops and rnt wouldn't open until the end of this year or maybe even next.

rooter
08-08-2021, 12:02 PM
I was just commenting what I think happened. I wasn't criticising anything apart from maybe some the media going on and on as fear sells. I think your last line is over the top. But then, you laughed when I said knock shops and rnt wouldn't open until the end of this year or maybe even next.

I am still laughing at that!
That is a ridiculous prediction.
You are such a Henny Penny :)

warwick1
08-08-2021, 12:36 PM

I reckon he's not far out, and it was "Chicken Little", Henny Penny is or was a chicken shop like Red rooster...sorry just lock down boredom...cheers

Vader
08-08-2021, 12:45 PM

So what do you base your opinion on?

Vader
08-08-2021, 12:46 PM
I reckon he's not far out, and it was "Chicken Little", Henny Penny is or was a chicken shop like Red rooster...sorry just lock down boredom...cheers

BTW I mean legally open, we all know stacks are still operating now.

rooter
08-08-2021, 12:51 PM

It's Henny Penny in Australia. Chicken Little in the USA.

warwick1
08-08-2021, 12:53 PM
BTW I mean legally open, we all know stacks are still operating now.

I know a couple locally, but if I was to do it again it would be when they are all legally open, meanwhile the dog has started talking:grimace:

studsg
08-08-2021, 03:25 PM
Not exactly sure what is Gladys plan for exiting the current lockdown ?

Her target of 6 million doses even if we look at all these as 2 jabs, is just barely 40% of NSW fully vaccinated. If we look at it as 1 jab, the efficacy against Delta is 30% at best. Say we take this 30% off the current daily (abt 300) of new infections, we are still looking at abt 200 new daily infections.

Is there really a clear plan out of this lockdown ?

james912
08-08-2021, 04:07 PM
With the current situation, lockdown def not gonna end by sept at least. So unfair to other industries when they cant work, but certain industry can go ahead with proof of vaccination

Joe1956
08-08-2021, 04:12 PM
Remember that the EU decided we were doing so well that they took 10 million Pfizer off us.
Also remember vaccine has only been available for a very short time

adahar
08-08-2021, 04:41 PM
Not exactly sure what is Gladys plan for exiting the current lockdown ?

Her target of 6 million doses even if we look at all these as 2 jabs, is just barely 40% of NSW fully vaccinated. If we look at it as 1 jab, the efficacy against Delta is 30% at best. Say we take this 30% off the current daily (abt 300) of new infections, we are still looking at abt 200 new daily infections.

Is there really a clear plan out of this lockdown ?

They think they have a plan but it may change over time.

The National Cabinet (all of 'em) appears to have agreed that rolling lockdowns, short and sharp will be key to suppress any outbreak until at least 70% and 80% vaccine saturation is achieved.

NSW, on the other hand, has lost that opportunity. When fresh cases (infectious in the community) get above 50+ contact tracing is pretty much behind the eight ball. Not due to the tracers but the data flow from contacts is not quick enough, not accurate enough and mostly incomplete. Increasing the number of tracers only has a marginal effect on throughput. People that treat PHO's in a casual manner are not likely to be forthcoming with their activities in a timely manner.

The result is to try and throw a net over as many possible infections as they can, hence the supermarkets becoming exposure sites. Last week there were over 100 sites (now 141 including Bunnings) resulting in massive testing. It's been stated there's only been a handful of cases detected at these sites with Kerry Chant saying they are low risk.

It's unlikely we will get to zero or low new cases at all so expect this lockdown to continue to mid December. It's possible that some restrictions might ease in some locations but this will depend on the vaccination rate which they expect will reach the required figure by then. The govt will subsequently have a big decision to make, I doubt keeping the rolling lockdowns will be one of them, this simply cannot be sustained, but we'll see when we get there.

The hope is getting a shed load of Pfizer by then which will likely bring out customers in droves, especially those below age 40, the cohort lacking in numbers so far. This will very quickly drive the rate higher and give Public Health the ammo to advise accordingly.

Vader
08-08-2021, 06:24 PM

If you knew my background you wouldn't be saying that.... However you haven't responded to what your prediction is and what it is based on. Plus I have given you a good months head start.

studsg
09-08-2021, 11:30 AM
Would you mask up at all outdoor and indoor locations (excluding at home of course), if that is the way for us to get out of lockdown and back into our fav RnT and brothels ?

I'm asking cos it seems there are lots of ppl who are against the wearing of masks. At my workplace alone unless the boss is looking, 40% of them simply refuse to wear the mask. They do not have any disability and their reasons are they don't like the feeling, simple as that.

Let's be honest, nobody likes wearing a mask. But in the middle of a pandemic, if that means we can turn the tide against rising infection rates, why won't we do it ? I also don't get why NSW is just poor in terms of mandating mask wearing. All evidence has already shown delta transmits regardless of outdoor and indoor and especially worst in schools, but NSW doesn't have mask mandates for outdoors (unless you are in a hotspot) nor at schools.

Climax598
09-08-2021, 11:44 AM
Would you mask up at all outdoor and indoor locations (excluding at home of course), if that is the way for us to get out of lockdown and back into our fav RnT and brothels ?

I'm asking cos it seems there are lots of ppl who are against the wearing of masks. At my workplace alone unless the boss is looking, 40% of them simply refuse to wear the mask. They do not have any disability and their reasons are they don't like the feeling, simple as that.

Let's be honest, nobody likes wearing a mask. But in the middle of a pandemic, if that means we can turn the tide against rising infection rates, why won't we do it ? I also don't get why NSW is just poor in terms of mandating mask wearing. All evidence has already shown delta transmits regardless of outdoor and indoor and especially worst in schools, but NSW doesn't have mask mandates for outdoors (unless you are in a hotspot) nor at schools.
Is more towards people haven't seen the love one and friends catch covid-19 and some die. I have relatives and friends get covid overseas some die or not well after recover. I vax and wear face mask to try to prevent me and family for getting sick/die. If people are that stupid then they can........
I vax face mask and survive this pandemic and can punt again in future

Rooster18
09-08-2021, 01:16 PM
Hopefully the availability of the new "Moderna" vac will speed up the process in NSW. Reports are it runs the same as Pfizer.

suka02
09-08-2021, 01:21 PM
I don’t have her & the pk confidentiality. simple as it gets. Even if we reach target of vac. population, it all the depends the cases numbers. Roughly 1-5 daily cases it would at least least lift few restrictions.

adahar
09-08-2021, 02:09 PM

There's nothing stopping anybody from wearing a mask anywhere they want. If it makes them feel better and more protected then good for them.

However, there's no evidence than a simple cloth or the common blue masks when worn in a public setting are any more effective than fresh air. Masks used in a close medical or clinical setting should conform to a regulatory standard, which the blue ones don't. These are Class I devices and manufacturers don't have to comply with any standards. You can wear medical grade mask if you wish but after a while you might find it uncomfortable to breathe with any exertion.

The requirement to wear a mask in a public setting is primarily used as social control device, a sort of badge of compliance if you like. Reinforcing the idea of an emergency (not necessarily a bad thing) and comforting citizens that they are compliant with PHO's. It can also reveal people who are resistant to compliance and marks them out as potential problems. Exerting passive compliance by your peers can be more effective than direct mandate which ultimately requires enforcement.

Don't rely on them for protection, definitely a good idea to maintain your distance of at least 1.5m if conversing with anybody whether they are masked or not.

vitrium
09-08-2021, 02:22 PM
Fabric over the face does offer a basic filter. But yes, it doesn't do very much, if anything. At the most it slightly reduces the distance that particles will travel in the air when you exhale or sneeze. But it won't filter out virus particles. You need a high rated mask n95 or n98 to really have an effect on that.

Also, most masks that have a high filter rating are only effective at that rating for about half an hour or so.

As the material becomes saturated with moisture and particles from your mouth it stops working properly.

If you're reusing a surgical mask for days, it is no longer effectively filtering virus particles.

studsg
09-08-2021, 02:35 PM
Gladys doesn't really have a plan. some sort of plan that may change just means, there isn't a plan, cos she cannot articulate it. And masks are optional.

So 6 million jabs later, and NSW at 40% vaccinated with daily 200 new cases and 100 still running around with masks hanging under their chins while infectious. While other states will just realise they will have no choice but to seal themselves off from NSW else they will keep having NSW cross polluting them. Their economies will recover after they lock NSW out and eventually, we see our ML and WL start migrating too, all this is not good news for us.

studsg
09-08-2021, 03:02 PM
Even the CDC says that masks do prevent the spread of covid. Not sure why so many people have views that mask do not prevent the spread of covid.

The case of 2 hair stylist who attended to 140 customers while positive for covid and wore face mask throughout had 0 transmission. This was captured in the CDC study too.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6928e2.htm

Climax598
09-08-2021, 04:20 PM
Even the CDC says that masks do prevent the spread of covid. Not sure why so many people have views that mask do not prevent the spread of covid.

The case of 2 hair stylist who attended to 140 customers while positive for covid and wore face mask throughout had 0 transmission. This was captured in the CDC study too.

Because people are stupid and try to be clever. Just like now about vax. We can see most hospitalisation and dead now are unvaccinated. As they say you can bring a horse to the water but you can get it to drink.

adahar
09-08-2021, 04:29 PM

It's not a "view". It's an analysis based upon evidence from a controlled trial, not a random event which the CDC has dressed up to publish in the hope it will support the decisions of the politicians involved. The CDC is not unknown for this behaviour.

In fact 35 of the customers didn't even know what type of mask was worn, a really scientific study!

I prefer to believe a proper trial:-

https://backend.orbit.dtu.dk/ws/portalfiles/portal/220714329/a05200363_web.pdf

studsg
09-08-2021, 04:59 PM
It's not a "view". It's an analysis based upon evidence from a controlled trial, not a random event which the CDC has dressed up to publish in the hope it will support the decisions of the politicians involved. The CDC is not unknown for this behaviour.

In fact 35 of the customers didn't even know what type of mask was worn, a really scientific study!

I prefer to believe a proper trial:-

https://backend.orbit.dtu.dk/ws/portalfiles/portal/220714329/a05200363_web.pdf

That Danish university research paper was funded by an individual so I wouldn't buy that paper even if it was free. And it had the wrong information saying that the Danish Health Authority does not recommend the use of face masks in the community. Which a quick check with the Danish Health Authority website proves otherwise.

https://www.sst.dk/en/english/corona-eng/prevent-infection/face-masks

I rather follow the guidelines of well established organisations like the CDC than some random paper.

Climax598
09-08-2021, 04:59 PM
Gladys doesn't really have a plan. some sort of plan that may change just means, there isn't a plan, cos she cannot articulate it. And masks are optional.

So 6 million jabs later, and NSW at 40% vaccinated with daily 200 new cases and 100 still running around with masks hanging under their chins while infectious. While other states will just realise they will have no choice but to seal themselves off from NSW else they will keep having NSW cross polluting them. Their economies will recover after they lock NSW out and eventually, we see our ML and WL start migrating too, all this is not good news for us.
Remember scomo and nsw government was yapping about the gold standard now we are fuck up gold standard. Some wl/ml might go home as staying in Sydney is expensive as some have. With no new stocks price will go up and we get what is left is limited stocks. No much help from Australian returns from overseas. With our problem with China new stocks maybe in future after covid I think will be less.

studsg
09-08-2021, 05:20 PM
Remember scomo and nsw government was yapping about the gold standard now we are fuck up gold standard. Some wl/ml might go home as staying in Sydney is expensive as some have. With no new stocks price will go up and we get what is left is limited stocks. No much help from Australian returns from overseas. With our problem with China new stocks maybe in future after covid I think will be less.

If they did their 2 jobs better at quarantine (proper facilities instead of hotels without proper quarantine ventilation) and vaccines, the 10 million Pfizer order was just not gonna cut it.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-08/the-destruction-in-the-economy-could-have-been-prevented/100358798

Now we are stuck with months on months of separation from our favourite ML and WL. Without new stock, even existing stock will go away when there is no way they can operate "legitimately" and make a living here.

"Gold Standard" indeed.

Johnisfun1969
09-08-2021, 05:40 PM
If they did their 2 jobs better at quarantine (proper facilities instead of hotels without proper quarantine ventilation) and vaccines, the 10 million Pfizer order was just not gonna cut it.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-08/the-destruction-in-the-economy-could-have-been-prevented/100358798

Now we are stuck with months on months of separation from our favourite ML and WL. Without new stock, even existing stock will go away when there is no way they can operate "legitimately" and make a living here.

"Gold Standard" indeed.

Well it may seem we have been let down. But if you look at things broader terms we are still doing much better than many countries. The US and UK are open now but they had too many covid related deaths which is 1900 per million people. While Australia had 36 deaths per million. We have not done so bad with the economy also. We in Sydney have been lucky and for most of us last lockdown was May last year. Between May 2020 and June 2021 we were open except for the Avalon cluster. The only mistake is we were not prepared for the delta variant. At least when Victoria was in lockdown some months back we should have acted earlier.

studsg
09-08-2021, 06:26 PM
The only gold standard is gold standard up the arse.

Careful now... some bros here are fans of Randwick massage with specials up the arse. They might just get excited :shout:

Vader
09-08-2021, 06:32 PM
[QUOTE=Vader;2239595]If you knew my background you wouldn't be saying that....

I am interested to know what Vader’s background is but my belief is that when will the restrictions be uplifted and the shops be allowed to reopen is anybody’s guess now without any degree of certainty. Even the Premier herself, the Health Minister and the CMO have no idea as to the timing of the restrictions uplift atm. It is not just a matter of public health but impact on the economy, mental health of people in isolation and the public’s objections on prolonging the lockdown. I am not as pessimistic as others predicting that shops will only be allowed to reopen in December, my guess is that it will be much earlier though discreetly via PHO like June last year. If the sex industry can talk to the government to entertain customers vaccinated with at least one dose of AZ or Pfizer, shops will be allowed to reopen even much earlier.

Get vaccinated and we can punt legally and safely instead of risking fines and infection going “private”.

Happy to catch up with anyone for a beer anytime and I will tell you my background.

Climax598
09-08-2021, 06:43 PM
Well it may seem we have been let down. But if you look at things broader terms we are still doing much better than many countries. The US and UK are open now but they had too many covid related deaths which is 1900 per million people. While Australia had 36 deaths per million. We have not done so bad with the economy also. We in Sydney have been lucky and for most of us last lockdown was May last year. Between May 2020 and June 2021 we were open except for the Avalon cluster. The only mistake is we were not prepared for the delta variant. At least when Victoria was in lockdown some months back we should have acted earlier.
Lol Scomo and Gladys Gold Standard. Now darling Delta 😍 is moving to regional nsw. Even getting new vaccine modena approved take a few months while US/UK/Europe have be using it for more than 6 months. Are our OZ genes different from the other countries. Our leader are too relex and comfortable. Remember is not a race. Now Their ass on fire now Gold standard Gladys say is a race.
This Scomo is too marketing without doing much.

adahar
09-08-2021, 11:52 PM
That Danish university research paper was funded by an individual so I wouldn't buy that paper even if it was free. And it had the wrong information saying that the Danish Health Authority does not recommend the use of face masks in the community. Which a quick check with the Danish Health Authority website proves otherwise.

https://www.sst.dk/en/english/corona-eng/prevent-infection/face-masks

I rather follow the guidelines of well established organisations like the CDC than some random paper.

Face masks are only recommended in Denmark, and only mandated at the airport and while standing up when using public transportation. A very narrow field of use. That's got to tell you something!

Regardless of how the study came about, the Danish University research paper "funded by an individual" you appear to imply is worthless but a "study" at one event at a hairdresser is viewed as definitive. This wasn't about a case for not wearing masks, it was simply not to trust the ones that govt is fond of telling us is so critical. It really wasn't the point of the comment anyway. Studies on the value of masks in a public setting aren't likely to ever be conducted, their results simply wont fit the narrative of any govt.

You're quite welcome to wear a mask wherever, whenever you want, so is everyone else but I'm certainly not going to depend on any mask that doesn't have the filtration capability required to reduce transmission.

warwick1
10-08-2021, 06:43 AM
I would be happy just to get a haircut.....

the_boss_king
10-08-2021, 11:08 AM
I would be happy just to get a haircut.....

i gave up on waiting for hairdresser to open. i bought clippers and cut my own hair.
not bad actually. but youll need help with the back if you dont have good mirrors