PDA

View Full Version : General talk Do you care whether the ML or WL you visit has vaccinated for Corvid-19 or not?

zoozilla
01-08-2021, 06:56 AM
I had my first jab of Astrazenaca in early June. I bit the bullet despite the blood clot scare because I started to visit a ML on a weekly basis for two months.

I have spoken to her during lockdown and under the impression she cares little about vaccination.

We've all heard about the Singapore karaoke bars incident.

So do you care whether the ML or WL you visit has vaccinated for Corvid-19 or not?

GoldfishMan
01-08-2021, 09:19 AM
That should depend on your perception of the vaccines.

I personally don't care if they get it, but I do care that I'm vaccinated when I visit them.
My rationale is based on what is being discovered about the vaccines. That they do not really protect you from getting the virus and also do not prevent you from transmitting it to others after you get it. What they do appear to do is prevent serious disease once you get the virus.

So it boils down to what is the best protection you can get from the virus right now and for that, it is the vaccines. I can accept that, but I sure as hell cannot overcome my desire to punt again!

rooter
01-08-2021, 09:22 AM
There is no way of knowing if they are vaccinated anyway, so it is a moot point.

dotcumdotinyou
01-08-2021, 10:03 AM
I agree, I had my first AZ only because at my age I don't want to end up in ICU if I do get covid, same as the flu shot I had in May. I'm fully aware that as with most vaccinations there is no 100% protection.
I made my decision based purely on what was best for me.

zoozilla
01-08-2021, 10:34 AM
There is no way of knowing if they are vaccinated anyway, so it is a moot point.

Ask them to show you their COVID-19 vaccination certificates. :)

Riff888
01-08-2021, 10:39 AM
Ask them to show you their COVID-19 vaccination certificates. :)Yes there's even a PDF with your vaccinations, even non residents get this.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

Vader
01-08-2021, 11:04 AM

You could ask to see their digital certificate

adahar
01-08-2021, 11:48 AM
You could ask to see their digital certificate

And what would you do if:-

a) they refuse,
b) ask to see yours.

Vader
01-08-2021, 11:57 AM
And what would you do if:-

a) they refuse,
b) ask to see yours.

I am not worried about seeing theirs and I am happy to show them mine.

JJBlows
01-08-2021, 12:15 PM

They do issue you a digital certificate when your fully vaccinated, depends if the girl wants to show you it or not because it has their real name on it

Climax598
01-08-2021, 12:35 PM
They do issue you a digital certificate when your fully vaccinated, depends if the girl wants to show you it or not because it has their real name on it
And their age and when and kind of vax

Warrabong
01-08-2021, 01:02 PM
Getting vaccinated is a personal choice. As long as they had the option. All good. They other chose to vaccinate or not

cumquat
01-08-2021, 01:13 PM
What’s the possibility of sharing a digital certificate?

That’s like some people with digital check-in. had previously taken a screenshot and just flashed that whenever asked .

Riff888
01-08-2021, 02:28 PM
What’s the possibility of sharing a digital certificate?

That’s like some people with digital check-in. had previously taken a screenshot and just flashed that whenever asked .Nah, they caught on to that pretty quick at sports bars.

You had to open and check in with the app in front of staff, they asked for second form of ID from people they didn't like or looked too young.

00Eibwen
01-08-2021, 02:37 PM
Even if they get vaccinated, it does not mean they won't get infected. If just mean they won't get the horrible symptoms from covid. Therefore, it would not matter if they were vaccinated because you are already taking a risk visiting them.

I would be more concern of you and your family member getting vaccinated. If they are not, is it worth the risk to give them covid for a punt.

dannyboy
01-08-2021, 02:47 PM
It's nobody else's business, in the past have you asked WLs about other vaccinations they have may have had and proof of blood tests for other viral and bacterial infections?

Archer
01-08-2021, 03:02 PM
Most of the ML/WL are under 40 & are on international visas. The chances of them getting vaccination are very low. Close contact & exchanging body fluids will make them super spreaders. It's gonna be like Russian roulette after lockdown!

cumquat
01-08-2021, 03:08 PM
Most of the ML/WL are under 40 & are on international visas. The chances of them getting vaccination are very low. Close contact & exchanging body fluids will make them super spreaders. It's gonna be like Russian roulette after lockdown!

Vaccinated or not ,It’ll always remain an issue . Extent of issue individually may vary . .but it doesn’t just go away

You may still acquire it , you may still be infectious and active in the community and transmit
It

not really roulette

dannyboy
01-08-2021, 03:27 PM

Stay at home, don't visit parlours ever again.. Stay safe

TheMaestro
01-08-2021, 03:56 PM
Wouldn’t bother me what there status, they like they say it vaccination will not stop transmission or testing positive she just worry about yourself if you are concerned.

This is also why vaccine passports are a flawed idea. The only people really at risk are the unvaccinated and if they have made that choice they should be a able to live there life as as they wish. Of course it is all moot until everybody who wants a vaccine is offered one.

suka02
01-08-2021, 03:59 PM
i don’t care if you vac or not. It is still transmissable. Getting that jab doesnt mean you’re protected but bit of defense and doesn’t mean you would not end up in hospital. i’m not anti, i don’t know why this pasport thing would be important in future. This is about personal health and it should be personal privacy. What if a person who has medical condition and unable to get the jab due to their health risk. Then places would require showing your vac pasport before enter premises/work. That is just disrimination.
Where is the freedom when you can choose?

Vader
01-08-2021, 06:09 PM
i don’t care if you vac or not. It is still transmissable. Getting that jab doesnt mean you’re protected but bit of defense and doesn’t mean you would not end up in hospital. i’m not anti, i don’t know why this pasport thing would be important in future. This is about personal health and it should be personal privacy. What if a person who has medical condition and unable to get the jab due to their health risk. Then places would require showing your vac pasport before enter premises/work. That is just disrimination.

It is not discrimination as you can choose to vacc or not. However, a business, pub, brothel, sport etc may have a condition of entry a covid vacc passport. That is not discrimination as the choice is yours.

Vader
01-08-2021, 06:18 PM

Just like you have to be fully vaccinated to go to a Bruce Springsteen concert, or Wimbledon or the British F1 GP. The choice is yours if you want to get vacc or not, things you want to see and do. The choice is yours, no discrimination. Harden up, get the vacc and move on. Life is to short to worry about fuck all

suka02
01-08-2021, 07:27 PM
sure is. It’s like painting a different person. It’s like you apply a job, suddenly you notice that workplace accepts fit people, same colour of people. Then you didn’t get accepted due being different than them all. No humanity there. The vac will be laughing to the non vac. Good luck with that, business won’t get enough money to earn profit. Definetely business will be downfall not enough variety.

Vader
01-08-2021, 07:31 PM
sure is. It’s like painting a different person. It’s like you apply a job, suddenly you notice that workplace accepts fit people, same colour of people. Then you didn’t get accepted due being different than them all. No humanity there. The vac will be laughing to the non vac. Good luck with that, business won’t get enough money to earn profit. Definetely business will be downfall not enough variety.

Get a grip and come into the real word. You are backing a losing horse

rooter
01-08-2021, 07:32 PM
Resistance is futile :)

suka02
01-08-2021, 09:20 PM
giddy up giddy up

Riff888
01-08-2021, 09:32 PM
Resistance is futile :)Haha are they Swedish [emoji1787]

Starved
01-08-2021, 09:38 PM

If you have a 5 G phone and your getting really good reception you could assume she’s been vaccinated!

Themassageking
02-08-2021, 10:11 AM
Every each to their own. But the chances of getting covid in nsw alone is only 0.11%

Vader
02-08-2021, 10:47 AM
If you are not vaccinated you will be missing out on travel, cricket, footy maybe a job and great internet connection for free.

rooter
02-08-2021, 10:56 AM
If you have a 5 G phone and your getting really good reception you could assume she’s been vaccinated!

Please explain?

cumquat
02-08-2021, 11:47 AM
Suspect it’s a pithy irradiated /contaminated altered DNA thought , if you get vaccinated

warwick1
02-08-2021, 12:28 PM
Suspect it’s a pithy irradiated /contaminated altered DNA thought , if you get vaccinated

Basically another whack job who infest this forum.................

Starved
02-08-2021, 01:54 PM
Please explain?

It was one of the stupidest theories

https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccines/is-it-true/is-it-true-can-covid-19-vaccines-connect-me-to-the-internet

rooter
02-08-2021, 02:58 PM
It was one of the stupidest theories

https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccines/is-it-true/is-it-true-can-covid-19-vaccines-connect-me-to-the-internet

Classic! Thanks for that.

konfuzion
02-08-2021, 03:09 PM
Passport https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/australia/venues-will-soon-be-able-to-ask-patrons-for-proof-of-coronavirus-vaccinations/news-story/2b8aa6a0476f029192b8e3c0e4ad8196

cuteguy
03-08-2021, 03:46 PM
Some businesses and companies are making it mandatory for staff to be all vaccinated if they want to remain in employment.

adahar
03-08-2021, 03:54 PM
Some businesses and companies are making it mandatory for staff to be all vaccinated if they want to remain in employment.

Mostly illegal, refer to the following link.

https://coronavirus.fairwork.gov.au/coronavirus-and-australian-workplace-laws/covid-19-vaccinations-and-the-workplace/covid-19-vaccinations-workplace-rights-and-obligations

Also see the following link regarding privacy.

https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/guidance-and-advice/covid-19-vaccinations-and-my-privacy-rights-as-an-employee/

personaa
03-08-2021, 04:39 PM
The only incentive that might work is vaccine passports, the federal government should propose some real incentives for majority to get the jab, I wouldn't care to get cash for the jab but I am all for it if they allow me to travel overseas without restrictions, like fully vaccinated yanks who can now enter UK without any issues.

gthgrt
03-08-2021, 05:15 PM
If they eventually decide to use incentives, I would much prefer extra freedom over cash. But at the moment, appart from the health protection, there is no incentive to be vaccinated. With regard to level of restrictions, the Government is treating vaccinated and unvaccinated exactly the same, and they haven't given any indication that this will change any time soon.

cumquat
03-08-2021, 05:21 PM
seems the origins of the thread emptied its bowels long back …

Wonder what the cost of travel insurance will be post 80% and then what exclusions

it’s also likely that many of the countries where student ML’s originate are also likely to restrict deny entry by foreign nationals for a much longer time,at least
Until they achiever their own agreed % of population vacced.

Certainly I’m not seeing an easy entry to Vietnam , for some time to come

adahar
03-08-2021, 05:33 PM
The only incentive that might work is vaccine passports, the federal government should propose some real incentives for majority to get the jab, I wouldn't care to get cash for the jab but I am all for it if they allow me to travel overseas without restrictions, like fully vaccinated yanks who can now enter UK without any issues.

Vaccine passports are not an incentive. It's coercion, holding hostage and trading your privacy for something you already had. It's morally bankrupt.

scummonk
03-08-2021, 05:50 PM
Vaccine passports are not an incentive. It's coercion, holding hostage and trading your privacy for something you already had. It's morally bankrupt.@adahar There countries in the world where a Yellow fever vaccination certificate is required for entry.

https://www1.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/health-pubhlth-strateg-communic-factsheets-yellow.htm

So I think the Covid19 Vaccination Passport is simillar to Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate (have travelled through sub-Saharan Africa where yellow fever vaccination centre is required for entry)

So there is precedence for this, as Covid19 disease is transmissible and is running through our community at present.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Vader
03-08-2021, 08:09 PM
Mostly illegal, refer to the following link.

https://coronavirus.fairwork.gov.au/coronavirus-and-australian-workplace-laws/covid-19-vaccinations-and-the-workplace/covid-19-vaccinations-workplace-rights-and-obligations

Also see the following link regarding privacy.

https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/guidance-and-advice/covid-19-vaccinations-and-my-privacy-rights-as-an-employee/

Come on man, if you don't want to do what your employer wants there are many ways he can sack you legally.

Vader
03-08-2021, 08:11 PM
Vaccine passports are not an incentive. It's coercion, holding hostage and trading your privacy for something you already had. It's morally bankrupt.

Are you vaccinated yet?

adahar
03-08-2021, 08:40 PM
@adahar There countries in the world where a Yellow fever vaccination certificate is required for entry.

https://www1.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/health-pubhlth-strateg-communic-factsheets-yellow.htm

So I think the Covid19 Vaccination Passport is simillar to Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate (have travelled through sub-Saharan Africa where yellow fever vaccination centre is required for entry)

So there is precedence for this, as Covid19 disease is transmissible and is running through our community at present.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

It's not the same thing. Yellow fever is spread by mosquito's not human to human. You'd be foolish to go to a country where you can get it without protection.

To equate Yellow Fever vaccination with Covid vaccination is erroneous.

The comment had nothing to do with vaccination but the internal use of "passports" which does nothing to protect anybody against anything, especially if the vaccination saturation point is reached. It essentially becomes useless.