PDA

View Full Version : General talk Masks, a policy document

adahar
10-08-2021, 03:54 PM
This thread is not intended to be controversial nor intended to an OP for debate. It is merely a partial analysis of the linked document and hopefully provides information for compliance and prevention control according to the spirit of legislation, PHO's and personal safety.

It is written in the context of currently increasing cases and the likelihood of Covid circulating in the community if and when 80% vaccine saturation is achieved. When this threshold is reached it's unknown whether testing, isolation and formal quarantining will continue. If not, then the level of Covid present in the community will be unknown and the need to maintain a level of PPE may be a personal decision rather than a govt mandate.

The following link is a document that likely defines a policy approach taken by legislative bodies.

https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/2021/03/the-use-of-face-masks-and-respirators-in-the-context-of-covid-19.pdf

It is 24 pages long, published on 28/1/20 and updated on 11/3/21. For the sake of brevity I will extract some points that I see as relevant to mask wearing in a public setting.

Page 2 - "This advice is for for health and residential care workers and other occupational groups who may have contact with suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19, or people in quarantine."

It is clear that this advice is not intended for the standard of mask protection in a general public setting. However, there is subsequent text that encompasses the role of masks in that setting.

Point 1, page 2/3 - "A mask (surgical or cloth) can be used by a person with a respiratory viral infection, including COVID-19, with or without symptoms. A mask can protect others by decreasing the spread of infected respiratory secretions. This is called source control. Please note, cloth masks are not suitable for use by health and residential care workers or quarantine workers."

Here they imply there's a difference between a "surgical mask" and a "cloth" mask. The implication is that a cloth mask is likely to made of a material not suitable in a clinical setting and therefore doesn't comply with an Australian Standard.

Throughout this document the term "surgical mask" and "mask" are used and might be assumed to be interchangeable but there are significant differences between the two. It could be assumed that a "mask" could be any face covering that's described as a mask and it's unclear exactly which type is referred to where "mask" is mentioned.

However, in Point 1.2, page 5 there is discussion around masks in "Use of masks in non-health care settings". It could be assumed that these references to "masks" will include non-surgical and/or cloth masks.

A "surgical mask" is defined as one that will comply with AS and bears an ARTG number and a level classification. The standard establishes the thresholds of particle transmission for which the manufacturers will provide data for evaluation by the TGA. If the device meets the standards it is provided with an ARTG number. The approval can be cancelled by the TGA or voluntarily by the manufacturer for whatever reason. Any device that doesn't meet the standards should have the words "Not for medical use" or similar displayed somewhere on the packaging.

It follows that any "Not for medical use" mask could be of variable standard from reasonable to useless. There is a plethora of masks available from just about anywhere that look the same as approved masks so how to decide?

Make sure that there is a ARTG number on the packaging or, at a minimum, declared on a listing. Look for the "Level barrier" classification, type III is best. Explanation is in Appendix 1 on page 17 together with the following text,

"Surgical masks are not designed to protect the wearer from infectious agents transmitted via the airborne route. However, aerosol protection is documented, albeit at a lower level (61,57); and the standard specifies that the mask must withstand a 1 micron bacterial penetration test. Surgical masks are also valuable for source control."

There are many suppliers from online via Amazon, eBay etc. to Chemist Warehouse and Bunnings. Here are two online suppliers that declare the ARTG number and Level barrier class. There could be dozens more.

https://www.hicraftsafety.com.au/surgical-face-masks-green-pack-of-50-australian-made

https://www.sanitisersolutionsaustralia.com.au/shop/face-mask/disposable-face-masks/surgical-face-mask-artg-340970-certified-3-ply-box-50/

You can find out if a particular product has had its number cancelled by using this link,

https://www.tga.gov.au/post-market-review-face-masks-cancelled-artg-entries

Alternatively you can search the ATG database via this link,

https://tga-search.clients.funnelback.com/s/search.html

rooter
10-08-2021, 04:08 PM
The Mexican Wrestler (Lucha Libre) mask is the gold standard

TheMaestro
10-08-2021, 06:22 PM
Bro adahar, this is a punting forum!

adahar
10-08-2021, 08:28 PM
Bro adahar, this is a punting forum!

Are you punting in a lockdown with or without a mask?

If it's the former then at least you'll know the right mask to use.

TangoEcho
10-08-2021, 08:45 PM
Can't work out how to paste images but water bottle helmet/mask over the entire head.

Ladies love it.

tan30
10-08-2021, 09:44 PM
I don't understand the point of this post. Are you encouraging punters to make sure the masks worn have appropriate ARTG and level class barriers?

TheMaestro
10-08-2021, 09:48 PM
Are you punting in a lockdown with or without a mask?

If it's the former then at least you'll know the right mask to use.

I was merely pointing out that a place where users are discussing whether or not to date a WL, their abilities to make a girl cum 5 times in 5 minutes and getting sucked, fucked and rimmed may not be the most conducive environment for such detailed discussion, debate and free flow of ideas.

I however think it is brilliant. I am the first person to raise the geo-political and geo-sexual implications in my after reports. Let me perform a statistical analysis on my punting activity and mask wearing activity over the suggested time horizon. Then I will run a vector intersection and see if the sample is statistically significant and get back to you.

It would be great to find out when, what, where and how to optimise my mask wearing if at all.

TheMaestro

adahar
10-08-2021, 10:23 PM
I don't understand the point of this post. Are you encouraging punters to make sure the masks worn have appropriate ARTG and level class barriers?

If you want a mask to have any chance of making a difference then it would reasonable to select a mask that conforms to a performance standard.

adahar
10-08-2021, 10:33 PM
I was merely pointing out that a place where users are discussing whether or not to date a WL, their abilities to make a girl cum 5 times in 5 minutes and getting sucked, fucked and rimmed may not be the most conducive environment for such detailed discussion, debate and free flow of ideas.

I however think it is brilliant. I am the first person to raise the geo-political and geo-sexual implications in my after reports. Let me perform a statistical analysis on my punting activity and mask wearing activity over the suggested time horizon. Then I will run a vector intersection and see if the sample is statistically significant and get back to you.

It would be great to find out when, what, where and how to optimise my mask wearing if at all.

TheMaestro

I don't think I was inviting a detailed discussion, just the opposite in fact. After doing some analysis for my own benefit I thought I'd pass it on "shrug" (I can't find an emoticon for a shrug).

Climax598
10-08-2021, 10:46 PM
This post too long I lost interest after a quick look. I for one if readings things I don't have an erection I don't read it can someone summaries.