PDA

View Full Version : General talk Post apocalypse

gundamsux
24-08-2021, 03:37 PM
I wonder if the number of WL and ML would be greatly reduced after the lockdown due to fear of COVID :( Chatting to a regular ML of mine today, she told me she will stick to seeing her regular by phone booking only and will avoid working in shop for a while.

TheMaestro
24-08-2021, 03:45 PM
Yeah it’s the end of the world as we know it

Climax598
24-08-2021, 03:52 PM
Only if they can make the same amount as in shop and the safety. After a few week after lockdown it be back to normal. More towards if you and the girls are vaccinated. I would ask if the girls are vaccinated. I m fully vaccinated.

zoozilla
24-08-2021, 04:38 PM
I could envisage that post apocalypse the world we know of is a safer and with much real love. People will seek genuine and happy relationship and not the risky paid sex.

There'll be more walks on the beach or in the park holding hands just as real lovers do. None of that desperate groping a stranger in a cubicle in semi-darkness.

Because of the risk of catching Delta variant from a ML or WL there'll be more healthy hobbies like reading, listening to Bach or Chopin, visiting art galleries and playing chess etc.

All in all let's hope for a better and decent tomorrow.

MisterWhippy
24-08-2021, 04:49 PM
Because of the risk of catching Delta variant from...

It's not a risk, it's a certainty: we're all going to get COVID sooner or later.

Even in full lockdown the transmission rate is >1. Once restrictions ease it will explode, delta is crazy transmissible. Look at what's happening overseas: US, Britain etc.

I hope our WL/ML friends understand that the way forward is vaccination. Don't worry about getting COVID, that's going to happen regardless. Worry about having protection from serious illness when the time comes.

adahar
24-08-2021, 04:56 PM
Only if they can make the same amount as in shop and the safety. After a few week after lockdown it be back to normal. More towards if you and the girls are vaccinated. I would ask if the girls are vaccinated. I m fully vaccinated.

I like your optimism but believing in this hope could be forlorn.

There's evidence emerging that peak viral loads with Delta are similar whether you're vaccinated or not, suggesting that transmission might be just as likely. Ongoing surveillance may contribute to the science by the time lockdown is removed but then covid management might be very different to that which is predicted at the current time. Having a "pass", "certificate" or whatever will be of no practical use.

There's a long way to go yet.

GoldfishMan
24-08-2021, 05:37 PM
Yeah it’s the end of the world as we know it
Fitting weather for it...

warwick1
24-08-2021, 05:45 PM
Fitting weather for it...

Midday in Artarmon only 9degrees c, fucking freezing, global warming is a bitch.......

zoozilla
24-08-2021, 06:01 PM
Midday in Artarmon only 9degrees c, fucking freezing, global warming is a bitch.......

Not if you're in a heated cubicle in Artarmon 78A, 116 Gents club or even 88 Atarmon or 84A Atarmon.

They are all warm. And hot once the girl enters the cubicle.

Enjoy!

warwick1
24-08-2021, 06:08 PM
Not if you're in a heated cubicle in Artarmon 78A, 116 Gents club or even 88 Atarmon or 84A Atarmon.

They are all warm. And hot once the girl enters the cubicle.

Enjoy!

The only shop I would set foot in would be 88a and that won't be for a long time yet and that's if I do go........

Climax598
24-08-2021, 06:09 PM
I like your optimism but believing in this hope could be forlorn.

There's evidence emerging that peak viral loads with Delta are similar whether you're vaccinated or not, suggesting that transmission might be just as likely. Ongoing surveillance may contribute to the science by the time lockdown is removed but then covid management might be very different to that which is predicted at the current time. Having a "pass", "certificate" or whatever will be of no practical use.

There's a long way to go yet.
Then what you say is Amagadom. We might as well go and punt as much you can with no tommorow. I always have some coins or options in my pockets just in case we still have hope.

TheMaestro
24-08-2021, 07:42 PM
I think massage parlours will be open long before brothels as they appear to be grouped with beauty parlours and the like. Vaccinated parties only at first, but that would be extremely difficult to police given what goes on in many of them.

rooter
24-08-2021, 07:59 PM
The medical and scientific approach would be to keep the lockdown until December but as I expected from the start the government has caved in to economic and political pressure and will open things up much earlier, change the narrative and put a positive spin on things.
Still, as long as Karina Carvalho delivers the news I will lap it up. She is a doll - a little brown Barbie.

tpol
24-08-2021, 08:08 PM
Will we see the return of the glory hole?

gundamsux
24-08-2021, 08:15 PM
This might actually be the solution!

adahar
24-08-2021, 08:34 PM
Then what you say is Amagadom. We might as well go and punt as much you can with no tommorow. I always have some coins or options in my pockets just in case we still have hope.

Not quite sure how you can get armageddon out of my comment! This is what the science is telling us; to ignore it is not reality. If the science changes then my view will also change.

If it gets you out put punting more then it's a win for you and the girls.

JJBlows
24-08-2021, 08:34 PM
Not the scenario I anticipate if shops are to entertain fully vaccinated customers only to reopen early. More girls will work after the ease of restrictions. Btw, taking regular customers privately is not the way to avoid infection but either “not working at all” or “get vaccinated herself and only take regular customers who are fully vaccinated” are the only way to reduce infection risk during the peak of the outbreak outbreak.

So maybe you yourself and your regular WL should now get vaccinated if you have not yet done so. Also working privately or visiting private girls are still illegal in the current times with huge fines attached though infection risk is low if both parties are fully vaccinated.

Every girl is different but my WL she takes this seriously so she is fully vaxed and gave me a very hard time when I saw her at her place and i was umming and ahhing about getting vaccinated so there are girls looking at who will only service vaccinated clients and some shop will try and enforce this as they want to see cash flow return

Don't panic as yet about your favourite ML/WL leaving as the same girl said she has enough cash to get her though to November and if worse case she can bring money back from overseas to keep paying bills and rent

adahar
24-08-2021, 08:42 PM
Unfortunately, for Adahar, even if he has coins in his pocket and is a supernatural without any risk of covid infection, he won’t be allowed to punt legally if my scenario of shops will be allowed to reopen taking vaccinated customers only comes true as he is likely an unvaccinated unable to show a valid digital vaccination certificate.

He can still punt illegally if there are other supernatural WLs as him who will never be infected with Covid without vaccination.

There's a number of presumptions in that comment. I don't think many, or any of them are valid.

Punting isn't illegal under any circumstances in NSW.

rooter
24-08-2021, 09:49 PM
After the disaster of World War I and the Spanish Flu which was 100 times worse than covid came the Roaring Twenties. One of the most wild and decadent periods in history.
Never underestimate people’s desire to party.

Sharphorse
24-08-2021, 10:10 PM
Still, as long as Karina Carvalho delivers the news I will lap it up. She is a doll - a little brown Barbie.

I agree. She is hot. In one segment she mentioned how she got vaccinated with Pfizer when they opened it up for 40-49 year olds a couple of months ago meaning she is in her 40s. She looks amazing for 40 something! Wow

GoldfishMan
24-08-2021, 10:31 PM
I agree. She is hot. In one segment she mentioned how she got vaccinated with Pfizer when they opened it up for 40-49 year olds a couple of months ago meaning she is in her 40s. She looks amazing for 40 something! Wow

Oh yea she's a hottie. Those sharp features are so feminine and intelligent. She can feed me string hoppers all day (she's of Sri Lankan descent)!

Ziggurat
24-08-2021, 11:18 PM
the Spanish Flu which was 100 times worse than covid .

Actually at present it is 10 times worse than covid - 50 million dead with the Spanish flu versus closing in on 5 mil with covid.

The Spanish flu was a shocker. Young people in their twenties getting symptoms in the morning and dead that night.

covid is the only real comparison with the spanish flu pandemic. There have been a couple of other "pandemics" since then but much more limited no mass dislocation, no mass burials, no mass lockdowns etc.

Even so, covid is now approaching the toll of The Holocaust.

rooter
25-08-2021, 12:18 AM
The deaths from Spanish Flu could have been 100 million plus.
We just don’t know.
At the time countries in Asia and other parts of the world were very backward and no proper statistics were taken.
And also note that the population of the world was only around 2 billion then, so only a quarter of what it is now.
So if you you look at how many people the Spanish Flu killed as a proportion of the worlds population it was so much greater than covid.
The Spanish Flu killed 100 million out of a total population of 2 billion so around 5% of the total population. That’s 1 in 20 people.
Covid has killed 4.5 million people out of a total world population of 8 billion which is .06% of the worlds population. Thats 6 in every 10,000 people.
So covid is not even close to the Spanish Flu.
4.5 million lives is obviously a great tragedy. I am just making the point that it no where near the devastation of the Spanish Flu.
And my point is that even after such a great devastation people bounced back very quickly as soon as it was over.
Human beings are very resilient.

Azzkikr
25-08-2021, 12:46 AM
Just remember that during the Spanish Flu era they didnt have the technology to deal with it like we have today with the Covid.

GoldfishMan
25-08-2021, 12:50 AM
The deaths from Spanish Flu could have been 100 million plus.
Some say it could have been 150 million!
At the time countries in Asia and other parts of the world were very backward and no proper statistics were taken.
And also note that the population of the world was only around 2 billion then, so only a quarter of what it is now.
So if you you look at how many people the Spanish Flu killed as a proportion of the worlds population it was so much greater than covid.
The Spanish Flu killed 100 million out of a total population of 2 billion so around 5% of the total population. That’s 1 in 20 people.
Covid has killed 4.5 million people out of a total world population of 8 billion which is .06% of the worlds population. Thats 6 in every 10,000 people.
So covid is not even close to the Spanish Flu.
It’s not even in the same ball park.
But you're leaving out a very important factor. The entire medical practice back then was a lot more primitive than what it is now, right down to basic instrumentation. They did not have the means to easily measure basic stats like blood oxygen saturation level back then, for example. The pulse oximetry device, the thing they clip on your finger for this measurement, was only invented in 1935.

On top of that, there's also the "once bitten twice shy" factor. The Spanish Flu when it happened was the first time humankind had ever experienced anything like that. This time around with COVID, we have that to reference, to learn from it and act accordingly. They literally had nothing to go by back then.... Didn't even know what hit them.

If you take into account all the medical advances made from then til now while comparing the mortality rate of COVID vs the Spanish Flu, then there is an argument to be made that perhaps COVID is closer to the Spanish Flu in terms of mortality than a lot of people think.

fud
25-08-2021, 02:21 AM
Have a read of this study done on 3 countries, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland and it looks pretty bad for COVID19. I think this may have preceded the Delta onslaught.
https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210818/Excess-mortality-from-COVID-19-is-the-highest-since-1918.aspx

“Following the evidence on excess mortality, the 2020 pandemic led to the second largest demographic disaster in over 100 years in the three countries we studied. <<snip>>

Climax598
25-08-2021, 02:54 AM
We have the experience of sar and ebola. Some of the vaccine we have like AZ was from sar experiments. We have a head start, able to have a vaccine within 9 months.

DayMan69
25-08-2021, 08:43 AM
If it's of any consolation, i'm in touch with three regulars and all have had their first shot. Their friends are doing the same. They're worried about Covid and conscious also of no vac, no work.

I think we'll go the Italian Green Pass route, which is essentially freedom to work and play for the vaxxed and those with medical reasons for non vax, and no dice for the un-vaxxed.

Humans are exceptionally adaptible; we'll work our way through this and, likely, hit new economic and partying highs once through the worst.

This is a good snapshot of what's happening in Italy.
https://theconversation.com/italy-once-overwhelmed-by-covid-19-turns-to-a-health-pass-and-stricter-measures-to-contain-virus-165457

adahar
25-08-2021, 11:11 AM
If it's of any consolation, i'm in touch with three regulars and all have had their first shot. Their friends are doing the same. They're worried about Covid and conscious also of no vac, no work.

I think we'll go the Italian Green Pass route, which is essentially freedom to work and play for the vaxxed and those with medical reasons for non vax, and no dice for the un-vaxxed.

Humans are exceptionally adaptible; we'll work our way through this and, likely, hit new economic and partying highs once through the worst.

This is a good snapshot of what's happening in Italy.
https://theconversation.com/italy-once-overwhelmed-by-covid-19-turns-to-a-health-pass-and-stricter-measures-to-contain-virus-165457

In my experience of Italy they are the last people in Europe that take any notice of govt regulations.

Rooster18
26-08-2021, 12:22 AM
Maybe a glimpse into our possible future...

Was just watching the cricket between India and England on Telly and life in England seems pretty much back to normal. Full crowd at the ground, no masks wearing and drinking beers all around.

Are they just getting on with it and starting to just live with COVID plus be highly vaccinated?

Who knows, maybe our coming Summer can came back to?

adahar
26-08-2021, 12:35 AM
Maybe a glimpse into our possible future...

Was just watching the cricket between India and England on Telly and life in England seems pretty much back to normal. Full crowd at the ground, no masks wearing and drinking beers all around.

Are they just getting on with it and starting to just live with COVID plus be highly vaccinated?

Who knows, maybe our coming Summer can came back to?

They're also recording 30,000+ cases every day which, when adjusted for population is around 8,000 cases a day here. I don't think any politician here is going to risk that.

GoldfishMan
26-08-2021, 08:58 AM
NSW, perhaps even Australia if the state premiers fall in line, is definitely trying to copy what the UK is doing. That is, get past a certain milestone in vaccination levels, then let it rip, no holds barred "freedom".

I personally think it's a farce or even a scam. Here we have Gladys trying to sell the idea of more Vax = more freedom, with her point being that hospitalization rates are not increasing at the same rate as case numbers. Well, is it really because vaccination has prevented further hospitalisations, or is it because in the last few days hospitals have started refusing to accept COVID positive cases?
Both Blacktown and Westmead hospitals have implemented "emergency response", which strangely means they stop taking in more COVID patients. This started in the last few days.

In my opinion using hospitalization rates to measure anything is a big mistake because a lot of other factors can affect that figure. In places like India, Indonesia, Malaysia, the hospitals are so full that COVID patients are having to lie down on the pavements and benches outside the hospitals. Those wouldn't be counted as "hospitalized".

rooter
26-08-2021, 09:23 AM
Its a massive public relations exercise, which is what you would expect from Scott Morrison PM (Positive Marketing).
Its all to cover up the fact that Morrison and Gladys failed and have blood on their hands, people sick and dying, as well as countless business bankruptcies and people out of work on their hands.
If Morrison did his job properly on quarantine, these cases would not have have leaked out.
Even if they did leak out if Morrison did his job properly on vaccination we should have been at 70% vaccination rates by June and over 80% by now, and the outbreak would be no where near as bad as it is now.
If Gladys did her job properly and put all of Sydney into a quick lockdown as soon as the outbreak started, instead of fucking around for 6 weeks, it would have peaked at less than 100 cases and been all over in 3 weeks and we would be back to normal.
But they failed, and here we are with 1,000 cases per day and rising (many experts say it will reach 1,500 or 2000 daily), young people sick in hospitals, and still only 30% of the population fully vaccinated, and people still sitting at home on the couch, businesses shut and going bankrupt.
And what is their solution? Marketing! To empahsise the good news and try and ignore the bad news.
Shame on Morrison and Gladys!

halfway
26-08-2021, 09:53 AM
If Morrison did his job properly on quarantine, these cases would not have have leaked out.

Hotel Quarantine is run by the States.

Even if they did leak out if Morrison did his job properly on vaccination we should have been at 70% vaccination rates by June and over 80% by now, and the outbreak would be no where near as bad as it is now.

He did his job with the Vaccine, The lazy Australian people and the Media stuffed this.

If Gladys did her job properly and put all of Sydney into a quick lockdown as soon as the outbreak started, instead of fucking around for 6 weeks, it would have peaked at less than 100 cases and been all over in 3 weeks and we would be back to normal.

100% agree with this.

But they failed,

Only because of Political Correctness and Media bullshit. I'm out West in the Red Zone and there is a group of people out here who DO Not like or Listen to Govt or Police. this is the reason we are so messed up. Govt and Media must be walking around here with there eyes closed, but oh no lets show people walking around the beaches on put that on the news. How about show all the people walking around maskless and business operating illegally. I just have to walk around my block and will come across a dozen people that could be fined any time of the day or night. And the family visits have not stopped out here. It's a joke and all of Sydney is paying for it.

Still only 30% of the population fully vaccinated,

So many people were very happy to wait and see as the was no reason to get vaccinated before this outbreak ( There is no OS travel, we have no cases so why hurry ect ect ) I'm 51 and when it was my turn there was only 8 people in the Vaccine centre, fast forward 12 weeks and 4 weeks into lockdown for my second shot the line was 30 min long.

Shame on Morrison and Gladys! Arseholes!

We are very lucky to have both these people, as the alternative would be a nightmare.

Once we are at a high level of Vaccinated let's hope the modelling from the Doherty Institute is followed by all the states and it works.

adahar
26-08-2021, 11:56 AM
Lockdowns only work if the daily "mystery" case load is less than 20 or so. Once it reaches 30 it becomes a tipping point and unlikely to be pulled back, particularly with the Delta variant. I mentioned this a few months back and the fact that the Doherty modelling is predicated on a base case load of 30 seems to confirm this. Throwing more resources at it might have a marginal effect but that's all it will be. Victoria is unlikely to come back so that "short, sharp, hard" lockdown is unlikely to work now. NZ is on the way to this realisation and if it works then it'll be by luck, nothing else.

Qld has announced the construction of a 1000 bed quarantine facility, good luck with that, they're gonna need it. Palaszczuk seems overjoyed but this pathetic display of optimism is naive, the full meaning of this will steadily dawn on them. It also will a failure as this implies continual testing and isolation. Who's it for? Returning citizens? Tourists? Unvaccinated people? Eventual hospital overflow? The ideal result is that there will be nobody in it, good luck with that.

Welcome to the future boys, pre covid normality will soon be a distant memory, to be replaced by a cycle of surveillance, testing, isolation and being eternally grateful to walk around without a mask on.

Vader
26-08-2021, 01:30 PM
Once we are at a high level of Vaccinated let's hope the modelling from the Doherty Institute is followed by all the states and it works.

You are right on the money there halfway

adahar
26-08-2021, 02:09 PM

All states will follow it up to a point but there are those that seemingly believe they can do better, they're delusional.

It's only a model and is likely not to work but only time will tell. The first three months might be ok (up until the election) then it will go downhill, how quick will be another matter. This drip feeding of freedom giving is but a test of public acceptance and compliance (already a challenge) but will also fail in the medium to long term.

Climax598
26-08-2021, 02:38 PM
Unfortunately the PM doesn’t read this Forum, otherwise you will be the new Commonwealth CMO with your foresight. Let’s see if you are right in 7-8 months’ time with your prediction that the opening up with a 80% and possibly more fully vaccinated eligible population will be a total failure causing thousands and thousands of deaths everyday. Maybe the funeral service industry is the best business we should be investing in for those who believe in you. Not me anyway !!!
😅😅😅😅😅👏👏👏👏👏👍👍👍👍👍

adahar
26-08-2021, 02:57 PM
Unfortunately the PM doesn’t read this Forum, otherwise you will be the new Commonwealth CMO with your foresight. Let’s see if you are right in 7-8 months’ time with your prediction that the opening up with a 80% and possibly more fully vaccinated eligible population will be a total failure causing thousands and thousands of deaths everyday. Maybe the funeral service industry is the best business we should be investing in for those who believe in you. Not me anyway !!!

I don't think I predicted "thousands and thousands of deaths", implied it or meant anything like your characterisation of what I said. I understand your comment is intended to be satirical and could be worth a chuckle or two but a valid understanding is there to be had if you look.

The vaccines are designed to prevent deaths, and they probably will. What they won't prevent is a high case load but it seems that this metric is the one that future health policy is destined to be designed around. This may turn out to be the wrong way to go about it. GB has already said the hospitalisations will be the important metric, so I'm not entirely out of line here.

80% full vaccination is, at the moment, a high bar. Chile is the only country with a comparable population number that has reached 70% so far. All the others over 70% have way, way smaller populations, some are half the size of Sydney, a lot easier to achieve and manage. I suspect that we won't get to 80% for another 12 months, if ever. Living in the 70% zone might be comfortable enough for most people not to bother anymore, such is the frailty of human acceptance.

I would dearly like to be wrong but reading the signposts from around the world leads me to think otherwise. We shall see.

dannyboy
26-08-2021, 03:45 PM
I don't think I predicted "thousands and thousands of deaths", implied it or meant anything like your characterisation of what I said. I understand your comment is intended to be satirical and could be worth a chuckle or two but a valid understanding is there to be had if you look.

The vaccines are designed to prevent deaths, and they probably will. What they won't prevent is a high case load but it seems that this metric is the one that future health policy is destined to be designed around. This may turn out to be the wrong way to go about it. GB has already said the hospitalisations will be the important metric, so I'm not entirely out of line here.

80% full vaccination is, at the moment, a high bar. Chile is the only country with a comparable population number that has reached 70% so far. All the others over 70% have way, way smaller populations, some are half the size of Sydney, a lot easier to achieve and manage. I suspect that we won't get to 80% for another 12 months, if ever. Living in the 70% zone might be comfortable enough for most people not to bother anymore, such is the frailty of human acceptance.

I would dearly like to be wrong but reading the signposts from around the world leads me to think otherwise. We shall see.

Iceland has 86% fully vaccinated.. Currently experiencing its worst outbreak since the pandemic began...

adahar
26-08-2021, 03:58 PM
Iceland has 86% fully vaccinated.. Currently experiencing its worst outbreak since the pandemic began...

Yes, and the population is just a little bigger than Canberra.

Meng
26-08-2021, 04:00 PM

Vaccination is about reducing severe symptoms of the disease. Doesn't mean the vaccine doesn't work..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSL1N2P918F

Please read the above.

rooter
26-08-2021, 04:54 PM
Here is a message from QANTAS sent out today.

Sounds a bit optimistic. I think it's just a public relations exercise, but anyway here it is ..

With vaccinations continuing to roll out across Australia, we are getting ready to reunite our customers with their family, friends, colleagues and favourite destinations around the globe.

Based on the current vaccination projection rates and the Australian Government’s plan for reopening borders, we are preparing for Qantas and Jetstar international flights to resume as follows:
• From mid-December 2021, between Australia and Fiji, Singapore, the United States, Japan, United Kingdom and Canada.*
• From mid-December 2021, between Australia and New Zealand in line with the anticipated restart of the trans-Tasman travel bubble.*
• From mid-February 2022, between Australia and Hong Kong.*
• From April 2022 onwards, between Australia and cities including Bali, Jakarta, Manila, Bangkok, Phuket, Ho Chi Minh City and Johannesburg.*

This remains dependent on Government decisions in coming months, so we’ll keep you updated if the plans change.

* Subject to Government and Regulatory approval.

The last two sentences are probably the most important so I have made them bold.

Ziggurat
26-08-2021, 05:12 PM
The vaccines are designed to prevent deaths, and they probably will.

Could you be honest with yourself and stop writing vague airy fairy words like "designed", "probably"

"designed" to forward your agenda whatever the fuck that is because I can't figure it out.

We are all humble, or should be, towards the facts. So I'll re-word it on your behalf according to the facts.

"The vaccines prevent deaths. They do."

I'll even underline the fucker.

rooter
26-08-2021, 05:20 PM

Confirmed deaths from covid in Iceland this month - ZERO, NOUGHT, NIL, NADA, A BIG ROUND DOUGHNUT.

adahar
26-08-2021, 05:59 PM
Could you be honest with yourself and stop writing vague airy fairy words like "designed", "probably"

"designed" to forward your agenda whatever the fuck that is because I can't figure it out.

We are all humble, or should be, towards the facts. So I'll re-word it on your behalf according to the facts.

"The vaccines prevent deaths. They do."

I'll even underline the fucker.

There have been a number of reports that reveal some deaths in spite of being fully vaccinated.

"As of Aug. 2, more than 164 million people in the United States were fully vaccinated against Covid-19, according to the CDC. Fewer than 0.001% of those individuals — 1,507 people — died and fewer than 0.005% — 7,101 people — were hospitalized with Covid-19."

The underlined claim is not a fact as worded and requires qualification however the numbers are a very small proportion and can be disregarded, unless you're one of the 1507. Then it's a bummer.

I'm sorry if you find some words "vague and airy fairy" but that's your problem, not mine. I don't have an "agenda" other than an analysis and rationalisation of the facts before me. As facts change, as they will with an ever evolving virus and clinical outcomes, then I will change accordingly. If my opinion doesn't fit with your idea of an "agenda" then it's fine to discuss but please, doing it with an angry tone and abuse is not helpful.

MisterWhippy
26-08-2021, 06:11 PM
The underlined claim is not a fact as worded and requires qualification ... "

No, the claim was that vaccination prevents deaths, not that vaccination prevents ALL deaths. That's a fact AFAIK.

I found the statement quite clear, I didn't find it required qualification.

MisterWhippy
26-08-2021, 07:32 PM

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/11/Weasel_words.svg/200px-Weasel_words.svg.png

adahar
26-08-2021, 08:32 PM
No, the claim was that vaccination prevents deaths, not that vaccination prevents ALL deaths. That's a fact AFAIK.

I found the statement quite clear, I didn't find it required qualification.

Schrodinger's Cat

Vader
26-08-2021, 08:36 PM
Here is a message from QANTAS sent out today.

Sounds a bit optimistic. I think it's just a public relations exercise, but anyway here it is ..

With vaccinations continuing to roll out across Australia, we are getting ready to reunite our customers with their family, friends, colleagues and favourite destinations around the globe.

Based on the current vaccination projection rates and the Australian Government’s plan for reopening borders, we are preparing for Qantas and Jetstar international flights to resume as follows:
• From mid-December 2021, between Australia and Fiji, Singapore, the United States, Japan, United Kingdom and Canada.*
• From mid-December 2021, between Australia and New Zealand in line with the anticipated restart of the trans-Tasman travel bubble.*
• From mid-February 2022, between Australia and Hong Kong.*
• From April 2022 onwards, between Australia and cities including Bali, Jakarta, Manila, Bangkok, Phuket, Ho Chi Minh City and Johannesburg.*

This remains dependent on Government decisions in coming months, so we’ll keep you updated if the plans change.

* Subject to Government and Regulatory approval.

The last two sentences are probably the most important so I have made them bold.

Qantas released this today when they announced a loss of profits. This was done so they could get their shares to rise. They have done this previously, however what Qantas wants is academic as the Feds will announce what and when travel will commence.

GoldfishMan
26-08-2021, 09:39 PM
Qantas released this today when they announced a loss of profits. This was done so they could get their shares to rise. They have done this previously, however what Qantas wants is academic as the Feds will announce what and when travel will commence.
Yeah I was just gonna say that. A publicly listed company is the last place you would expect to get unbiased opinions or expectations.

GoldfishMan
26-08-2021, 10:27 PM
Need to rant about how stupid the vaccination roll out is. If you go to the NSW gov website to book your vaccination, you are then forced to pick 2 appointment times for doses 1 & 2. Problem #1 here is, you cannot book ANY appointment if you cannot get a slot for one of the doses. Say you get a slot for dose 1, cannot get a slot for dose 2, that's it you're fucked. Who the fuck thought up this stupid system? The wait time between doses is up to 3 months, what if more vaccines become available in 1 months time? We just wasted 1 month not administering any dose to a whole lot of people simply because there was no second dose available now??
Problem #2: what about those people who have had an AZ 1st shot, had an allergic reaction, and therefore need only 1 more shot of Pfizer? Also fucked huh?

What a complete cock up this is!

Ziggurat
27-08-2021, 02:19 PM
Why not try ringing up any one of the chemists administering the vaccine. They won't be govt beaucratic at all.

birch
27-08-2021, 03:55 PM
From what I understand the root cause of Australia's long, slow, damaging, but less deadly slog out of COVID-19 can be traced back to our long-held pride in obtaining medicines for less than what most of the western world pay for them. Basically we weren't prepared to let Pfizer or AZ get their hands into the lolly jar and pay up for a greater share of vaccines.

So the manufacturers played hard ball and constrained our supplies. That is until CSL was able to leverage the Gov't incentives and get a manufacturing licence for AZ. Then the next big fuck-up was the poor handling of one of the rarest possible side effects of AZ - so right after they solve the vaccine shortage crisis they create a wholly more difficult to solve, vaccine hesitancy crisis. All that happened over a year ago now.

coahc
27-08-2021, 04:42 PM
Need to rant about how stupid the vaccination roll out is. If you go to the NSW gov website to book your vaccination, you are then forced to pick 2 appointment times for doses 1 & 2. Problem #1 here is, you cannot book ANY appointment if you cannot get a slot for one of the doses. Say you get a slot for dose 1, cannot get a slot for dose 2, that's it you're fucked. Who the fuck thought up this stupid system? The wait time between doses is up to 3 months, what if more vaccines become available in 1 months time? We just wasted 1 month not administering any dose to a whole lot of people simply because there was no second dose available now??
Problem #2: what about those people who have had an AZ 1st shot, had an allergic reaction, and therefore need only 1 more shot of Pfizer? Also fucked huh?

What a complete cock up this is!

Agreed. I also tried this and gave up. I’ve had my two Pfizer shots by going through Sonic Health: https://www.sonicvaccinations.com.au/make-a-booking/

You can book the two jabs separately so you don’t have the same issues as the NSW gov site. Of course it’s probably still best to book the second jab at the same time as you book the first to make sure there’s availability. But you have greater flexibility if the dates don’t align perfectly. The other tip, if you can’t find a date that works for you, is to keep coming back to the site and as sometimes they have cancellations so they make those booking times available again. Hope that helps.

dannyboy
27-08-2021, 10:41 PM
Confirmed deaths from covid in Iceland this month - ZERO, NOUGHT, NIL, NADA, A BIG ROUND DOUGHNUT.

They had a death yesterday, confirmed..

rooter
27-08-2021, 10:54 PM
They had a death yesterday, confirmed..

That would be the first death in 3 months.
It makes sense.
Given that over 10% of the population are still unvaccinated it makes sense that there would be a death sooner or later.
I would bet the person who died was unvaccinated.
And even if he was vaccinated, one death in 3 months in a population of 350,000 people with no lockdowns and most businesses operating and people working and travelling is a pretty good result.

adahar
27-08-2021, 11:23 PM
It seems now that the NSW govt has moved on to a management phase running up to the relaxation of restrictions by mid December. It's unlikely there will any major change to the lockdown conditions unless the daily case load takes a dramatic fall. It falls to the vaccination rate to dictate restriction removal.

The number of exposure sites listed in the Sydney metropolitan area has fallen to 15 although there are a lot more cases here than that might suggest. They are now relying on QR check in's to drive testing lists for contact tracing rather than listing exposure sites to capture potential "unknown" transmission events. They have already admitted that retail has a low exposure risk and have published the following criteria:-

"In metropolitan Sydney, contact tracing will now focus on people potentially exposed to a case:

in their household
at work
in a high-risk facility, such as:
healthcare or aged care facility
school
childcare centre
any location where transmission has been identified or is considered to be likely to occur."

This probably means that secondary casual contacts and those further downstream will only be contacted if a QR check in exists and is likely to be considered a low priority. It also may mean that efforts to reduce the case load by TTIQ are now secondary to vaccine implementation in the short term. By mid December TTIQ is likely to receive more internal focus as a system that will be refined and improved to become the primary covid management tool of Public Health. None of this will go away, ever. There's another pandemic in the future and this is the construction phase of the systems to cope with it. Expect legislation to formalise a lot of this within the next couple of years.

Wipe your shoes on the "Welcome mat" of future normality as you glance over your shoulder to see small freedoms, privacy and personal choice you once had fade into the past.

kungflu20
27-08-2021, 11:28 PM
Have a strong case of blue balls, first forum post - though a lurker.

Whats everyones' guess on the opening date for massage parlours and FS?

adahar
27-08-2021, 11:32 PM
That would be the first death in 3 months.
It makes sense.
Given that over 10% of the population are still unvaccinated it makes sense that there would be a death sooner or later.
I would bet the person who died was unvaccinated.
And even if he was vaccinated, one death in 3 months in a population of 350,000 people with no lockdowns and most businesses operating and people working and travelling is a pretty good result.

Not quite as free and easy as you suggest:-

https://www.government.is/government/covid-19/#actions

rooter
28-08-2021, 12:09 AM
Not quite as free and easy as you suggest:-

https://www.government.is/government/covid-19/#actions

Bro, most of this information is archival from 2020.
Please do your research more carefully.

adahar
28-08-2021, 12:47 AM
Bro, most of this information is archival from 2020.
Please do your research more carefully.

So it is, really didn't look that closely.

This is better:-

https://www.covid.is/data

https://www.covid.is/english Some interesting stuff on this page.

dannyboy
28-08-2021, 02:24 PM
I suggest people do some research on what's happening in Israel, if you think 70 or 80% vaccinated will set you free, I've got bad news for you...

local
28-08-2021, 04:03 PM
I suggest people do some research on what's happening in Israel, if you think 70 or 80% vaccinated will set you free, I've got bad news for you...

Especially when its now time for a booster...

Worse than a flu shot, which is yearly, the covid will become either 6 or 8/9 monthly.

Welcome to the new world order folks !!

dannyboy
28-08-2021, 08:52 PM
Especially when its now time for a booster...

Worse than a flu shot, which is yearly, the covid will become either 6 or 8/9 monthly.

Welcome to the new world order folks !!

Israeli scientists find Pfizer around 39% effective against delta strain.. Denmark is the country to move too, removing all covid restrictions and there will be no vaccine passport...

adahar
28-08-2021, 10:33 PM
Israeli scientists find Pfizer around 39% effective against delta strain.. Denmark is the country to move too, removing all covid restrictions and there will be no vaccine passport...

https://en.coronasmitte.dk/corona-passport

Budgyboy
29-08-2021, 02:11 AM
Blah blah you gooses check the death rates of vaccinated angainst unvaccinated there is absolutely no comparison. Covid is a disease which we will be living with. The risk will be yours to asses not the government. It will be your responsibility. The population has to move on regardless get used to it. Have a shot dont have a shot who cares, but normal living will be geared towords the vacinated get used to it. Whinge and whine and throw up as many facebook facts as you want. The world is putting their faith in vaccines anti vaxers and all others who wish to resist will be in the minority for i dont know maybe the next ten years or forever.

rooter
29-08-2021, 09:00 AM
Have a strong case of blue balls, first forum post - though a lurker.

Whats everyones' guess on the opening date for massage parlours and FS?
October 18. Put it in your calendar

GoldfishMan
29-08-2021, 10:03 AM
Blah blah you gooses check the death rates of vaccinated angainst unvaccinated there is absolutely no comparison. Covid is a disease which we will be living with. The risk will be yours to asses not the government. It will be your responsibility. The population has to move on regardless get used to it. Have a shot dont have a shot who cares, but normal living will be geared towords the vacinated get used to it. Whinge and whine and throw up as many facebook facts as you want. The world is putting their faith in vaccines anti vaxers and all others who wish to resist will be in the minority for i dont know maybe the next ten years or forever.
I'm just worried about kids bro. I have a young kid that is too young to get vaccinated, another one is a bit closer but still below the age that they are looking at allowing to get vaccinated.
And given that being vaccinated doesn't really prevent me from carrying the virus and giving it to someone who is not vaccinated... I really dread this move by the Gov which I know is going to be unavoidable.

Vader
29-08-2021, 10:50 AM

You keep changing the dates rooter lol. FS and rnt won't open on that date. The Government is working on a plan for fully vaccinated staff and patrons to open pubs and restaurants etc. with strict criteria.

dannyboy
29-08-2021, 12:17 PM
Going to be alot of disappointed people when vaccine rates reach 70%..

dannyboy
29-08-2021, 12:29 PM
https://en.coronasmitte.dk/corona-passport

Do you think state governments here will do the same.. If you do you have rocks in your head..

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/27/world/denmark-says-covid-is-no-longer-a-socially-critical-disease.html

Mr. Heunicke said that as of Sept. 10, the country would phase out the last of its “important restrictions,” including having to show coronavirus passes at nightclubs and sporting events, according to Jyllands-Posten, the Danish newspaper.

rooter
29-08-2021, 12:33 PM
Going to be alot of disappointed people when vaccine rates reach 70%..

Yeah, I agree. The 70% doesn't mean much at all.
You have to get to 80% and preferably 90% for the vaccine to have major impact.
And another thing is that this 70% figure they always refer to to is not 70% of the total population, it is 70% of the population eligible for vaccine which totally ignores people under 16 yo. So they totally ignore around 5 million people in their figures.
So even when you get to 70% of the population eligible for vaccine vaccinated, that is actually only around 55% of the total population, which is nowhere near enough.
To get to 70% and then 80% and then 90% of the total population will take many more months, and eventually if you are serious about vaccination you will have to vaccinate kids.
Kids are not a different species, they get infected too, and they spread infection. The coronavirus was initially not very infectious among kids, but this Delta variation is more so, and it is possible and maybe even likely that you will get other mutations that are even more infectious among kids.
When we get to 70% the politicians will tell us how wonderful they are, and what a great job they have done, but you have to look at the fine print as to what this 70% figure actually means; not much at all.

surething91
29-08-2021, 12:54 PM
This crisis is poorly managed by our gov: they say the way out is vax but yet after 2 months of lockdown the youngsters can just start getting their pfizer shots?! Why wait for so long? Just to mention one thing.

Getting 80% of the population vaccinated will take a long time and I'm afraid this will intensify the vaccinated vs unvaccinated fight.

Shouldn't we also try to invest in hospital and open more ICU in the meanwhile (maybe, and I hope, it's the case)?

Anyway we can have a look at what's happening in the developed country of the North hemisphere: we are having their winter and we might have their summer. But then how will look their coming winter (December)? I don't think anybody knows yet...

adahar
29-08-2021, 02:07 PM
Do you think state governments here will do the same.. If you do you have rocks in your head..

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/27/world/denmark-says-covid-is-no-longer-a-socially-critical-disease.html

Mr. Heunicke said that as of Sept. 10, the country would phase out the last of its “important restrictions,” including having to show coronavirus passes at nightclubs and sporting events, according to Jyllands-Posten, the Danish newspaper.

I can't read Danish, don't use Twitter and Translate is cumbersome so will have to take NYT as read.

If they do drop everything that'll be the ideal result but the likelihood of our govt doing the same will be remote which I think, is what you said. If our govt doesn't go down the same path then the question arises, why not?

Anybody care to speculate?

dannyboy
29-08-2021, 02:23 PM
I can't read Danish, don't use Twitter and Translate is cumbersome so will have to take NYT as read.

If they do drop everything that'll be the ideal result but the likelihood of our govt doing the same will be remote which I think, is what you said. If our govt doesn't go down the same path then the question arises, why not?

Anybody care to speculate?

I'll speculate, to get re-elected , just look at the results of the WA and QLD state elections, closed borders to keep people safe. They won in a landslide..

adahar
29-08-2021, 02:31 PM
This is the Danish Health site :-

https://www.sst.dk/en/english/corona-eng/status-of-the-epidemic/covid-19-updates-statistics-and-charts

The third chart is interesting. The number of first time daily tests compared to total tests are around 2.85% This data point isn't reported here so it makes me wonder if our daily test rates are not what the govt like to make out!

It also shows around a 1000 cases a day with deaths of 1-3. Hospitalisations are around 126 with 19 in ICU and 8 on ventilators. All these figure are qualified in the footnotes.

Their population is a fifth of ours so adjusted for that gives us a long way to go but it almost looks like they're dealing with a different virus! I also think that there is a high take up of govt services using direct connection by apps so it could be the trust level of the Danes is much higher than here. Our politicians could learn a lot from them.

Thanks dannyboy for the sign post.

adahar
29-08-2021, 02:41 PM
I'll speculate, to get re-elected , just look at the results of the WA and QLD state elections, closed borders to keep people safe. They won in a landslide..

That seems to be a valid reason. Keeping people safe is politically expedient but there's a limit. Long Bay keeps people safe (????) but I wouldn't wanna live there :startle:

GoldfishMan
29-08-2021, 06:42 PM
I reckon the virus will keep mutating until a "balance" is achieved. That balance is when the human host can get the virus and will not die from it. I reckon contrary to what most people think this virus is not out to "get us", it too wants to survive. If it can live on in humans and not cause the host to die, that is the ultimate evolution for it. I hope and pray that eventually it will reach this stage and life can go on living with it as another part of life!

kungflu20
30-08-2021, 11:05 PM

I bloody hope you are right, Gladys seems to have pivotted again this morning trying to downplay expectations on what will open up at 70% of eligible fully vaxxed. And given her ridiculous announcement of "privileges" for hitting 6mil doses, not sure what to expect.

And then there's also talk of getting kids vaxxed which aren't in the eligible, but if they get included our light at the end of the tunnel gets pushed back :cry:

adahar
01-09-2021, 04:36 PM
Responding to a question in QT today, Morrison said (I'm paraphrasing) "home quarantine is part of the National Plan and will allow fully vaccinated aussies to come home and be able to travel when international borders are open".

I take that to mean that going for a holiday overseas will require a two week home quarantine stay (or worse) upon return. Not sure how many people will be able to stump up 2 weeks at home out of their annual leave in order to enjoy a trip to Bali. Of course, those that can work from home might not be affected. Tough luck if you can't.

tpol
01-09-2021, 05:31 PM
When are the reporters gonna ask, will rnt be opened if we are fully vaccinated?

Gladys will probably say, if you can do it outdoors safely, we'll open

bittybittybitty
01-09-2021, 05:43 PM
When are the reporters gonna ask, will rnt be opened if we are fully vaccinated?

:shout::shout::shout:

rooter
01-09-2021, 05:48 PM

It's not even a joke bro!
A few weeks ago a reporter asked Brad Hazzard about the singles bubble and he replied that they should catch up in the backyard or on the balcony! WTF? Does he think they are just gonna have a cup of tea and biscuit together? Or maybe Brad is an exhibitionist?

surething91
01-09-2021, 09:59 PM
Do you guys really think we can get 70% vaccinated by mid October? I like to be optimistic but this is REALLY optimistic. I'd say if we can get to this point by Christmas it will be good! I hope I'm wrong!

And the plan it seems the plan is still unclear once we reach this 70-80% rate.

If Gladys, Scott etc... don't know they are living on another planet. They had so much time to think about it. And if they know the plan why don't they tell us? So we could roughly know when things open! We've been in the fog for 2 months now!

tpol
01-09-2021, 10:26 PM
If you trust these guys 80% fully vaccinated in nsw for over 16yo by 7th Oct

https://mobile.twitter.com/covidbaseau?lang=en

tpol
01-09-2021, 10:28 PM
The govt is taking the assumption that if the you have taken the 1st dose, you will most likely take the 2nd

tpol
01-09-2021, 10:30 PM
This doesnt include all the ppl who caught covid and will not need the vaccine

The flaw though is that the ppl who took astra 2nd shot after only 4 weeks might end up in hospital if they catch covid

The study found leaving less than six weeks between the initial shot and the booster gave 55.1 per cent efficacy (protection from symptomatic disease). Leaving 6-8 weeks between shots increased efficacy to 59.9 per cent, and waiting 9-11 weeks, efficacy was 63.7 per cent.

However, if the gap was 12 weeks or longer efficacy jumped to 81.3 per cent.

https://www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/when-should-you-take-astrazeneca-second-dose-here-s-what-evidence-says-121071000238_1.html

dannyboy
01-09-2021, 10:48 PM
Responding to a question in QT today, Morrison said (I'm paraphrasing) "home quarantine is part of the National Plan and will allow fully vaccinated aussies to come home and be able to travel when international borders are open".

I take that to mean that going for a holiday overseas will require a two week home quarantine stay (or worse) upon return. Not sure how many people will be able to stump up 2 weeks at home out of their annual leave in order to enjoy a trip to Bali. Of course, those that can work from home might not be affected. Tough luck if you can't.

Glad someone is reading between the lines and don't forget the new quarentine facilities that are currently under construction and won't be ready until the first quarter next year.. If international borders are opening its not going to be without mandatory quarentine..

GoldfishMan
01-09-2021, 11:05 PM
This doesnt include all the ppl who caught covid and will not need the vaccine

The flaw though is that the ppl who took astra 2nd shot after only 4 weeks might end up in hospital if they catch covid

The study found leaving less than six weeks between the initial shot and the booster gave 55.1 per cent efficacy (protection from symptomatic disease). Leaving 6-8 weeks between shots increased efficacy to 59.9 per cent, and waiting 9-11 weeks, efficacy was 63.7 per cent.

However, if the gap was 12 weeks or longer efficacy jumped to 81.3 per cent.

https://www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/when-should-you-take-astrazeneca-second-dose-here-s-what-evidence-says-121071000238_1.html
Yes, it is because the AZ uses adenoviral vector technology to deliver the genetic code for the COVID spike protein. Adenovirus is just like the virus that causes the common cold. When you get your first shot of AZ, your body will build up immunity against the adenovirus itself. If you then get the second shot too early, that immunity built up from the first shot will instantly kill the adenovirus in the second shot before it could finish the job. That is why it is advisable to wait for that long before getting the second AZ shot, so that your own adenovirus immunity dissipates enough for you to get infected by it again. You need to actually get a bit sick from that jab to know it has had an effect
The other thing to keep in mind is not to be fooled by these percentages of effectiveness. 55% effective does not mean everyone will get 55% resistance against COVID. It means 55% of people will get the vaccine effect, 45% will get nothing because the adenovirus failed to infect them. It's very much a yes or no, not in between.

After researching adenoviral vector vaccines in more detail, I'm more and more convinced the Gov is completely ignorant to how these things actually work. For them to push us to take the second shot earlier to give us "at least some" protection earlier is a big mistake.

tpol
01-09-2021, 11:58 PM
I have had both shots of Pfizer. Both times, besides the feeling of a bruise at the injection pt, I've had no side effect. Not even a headache. Did they inject me with a placebo ?

Az is also a chimp virus

tpol
02-09-2021, 12:02 AM
The pollies were basing the call on atagis advice. I wonder if they were pressured

Ppl who got Az should get a 3rd booster. Though I have no scientific facts based on that

adahar
02-09-2021, 12:06 AM
Glad someone is reading between the lines and don't forget the new quarentine facilities that are currently under construction and won't be ready until the first quarter next year.. If international borders are opening its not going to be without mandatory quarentine..

It will be interesting to see how much it'll cost to stay in one of those facilities. I bet it won't be cheap! I doubt the govt will run these, rather outsource them to a private entity. Looks like a good opportunity for someone, although that's probably already been decided.

GoldfishMan
02-09-2021, 12:08 AM
I have had both shots of Pfizer. Both times, besides the feeling of a bruise at the injection pt, I've had no side effect. Not even a headache. Did they inject me with a placebo ?

Az is also a chimp virus
Pfizer is different, it uses mRNA technology, so it wouldn't have the same method of effect as the adenoviral vector ones. Meaning, you might not need to get infected with anything to get the vaccine effect. You might still have the full effect without having to feel sick.

However, I'll admit I haven't researched the mRNA vaccines enough because I had given up on getting it. I had the AZ instead, which is why I am particularly concerned about it and researched it in much more detail.

Ziggurat
02-09-2021, 12:17 AM
45% will get nothing because the adenovirus failed to infect them. It's very much a yes or no, not in between.
Has your research really found that 45% of double dosed AZ people get no protection at all ??? :grimace:

GoldfishMan
02-09-2021, 12:22 AM
The pollies were basing the call on atagis advice. I wonder if they were pressured

Ppl who got Az should get a 3rd booster. Though I have no scientific facts based on that
I think what the world needs right now is a technology or method to be able to easily measure the level of a person's antibodies against COVID. Without this, we are all kinda flying blind, having to rely on stats etc to validate vaccine effectiveness and all that. Like the stuff about waiting longer for increased effectiveness of adenoviral vector vaccines, that's all based on the theory behind how they work. It's not concrete. If we have the way to measure the antibody levels, that will be the ultimate fact and can be used to make decisions on everything else.

Climax598
02-09-2021, 12:28 AM

We all need to have a 3 booster shot after 6 to 9 months after the 2nd shot. That why the Government have book 45 million extra shot for next year. In some countries like Israel, US and UK are having 3 shot from September. This AZ and Pfizer are only good for up to 9 months to control Delta.

GoldfishMan
02-09-2021, 12:33 AM
Has your research really found that 45% of double dosed AZ people get no protection at all ??? :grimace:

That percentage is only for people who get the second dose 4 weeks after the first dose, which is really not the recommended thing to do.

My research did not say outright that 45% get nothing, I just researched how these adenoviral vectors work, and what are the biggest concerns around their effectiveness; IE. How they can fail to work. Then, I tried to make sense of what they meant by these percentages using the above knowledge.

Ziggurat
02-09-2021, 12:35 AM
I don't know the percentage figures of the population who stroll into the chemist to get an annual flu shot. That all seems to proceed with absolutely no fuss. Then we have the covid injections - massive society wide logistical exercises. Is it even feasible to do this all over again every nine months??? :grimace:

adahar
02-09-2021, 12:44 AM
Link to the Lancet publication: Impact and Effectiveness the Pfizer vaccine (skip to the "Discussion")

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)00947-8/fulltext#seccestitle160

adahar
02-09-2021, 12:46 AM
I don't know the percentage figures of the population who stroll into the chemist to get an annual flu shot. That all seems to proceed with absolutely no fuss. Then we have the covid injections - massive society wide logistical exercises. Is it even feasible to do this all over again every nine months??? :grimace:

I suspect that by the time all of this pans out you'll just go to the chemist as you do now and make your choice.

dannyboy
02-09-2021, 11:06 AM
In other news Israel has been placed on the EU's red list as cases are surging there despite been labelled initially as the vaccine success story...

local
02-09-2021, 11:19 AM
In other news Israel has been placed on the EU's red list as cases are surging there despite been labelled initially as the vaccine success story...

5 months for the booster they have found...

Biggest problem is a vax for the 6 to 12 yo.

But will the world ever go back to what was normal ? I very much doubt it... listen to whats going on about the new variants/mutations, nothing good there.

100 years ago with the spanish flu, it basically mutated to being non lethal, this covid stuff hasn't been engineered like nature, and looks like only getting worse over time..

Maybe it will force the world to reverse course once the population reduces enough (bye to the anti vax'ers and similar ?)

dannyboy
02-09-2021, 03:43 PM
5 months for the booster they have found...

Biggest problem is a vax for the 6 to 12 yo.

But will the world ever go back to what was normal ? I very much doubt it... listen to whats going on about the new variants/mutations, nothing good there.

100 years ago with the spanish flu, it basically mutated to being non lethal, this covid stuff hasn't been engineered like nature, and looks like only getting worse over time..

Maybe it will force the world to reverse course once the population reduces enough (bye to the anti vax'ers and similar ?)

Vast majority of cases and hospitalisations in Israel are fully vaccinated..

warwick1
02-09-2021, 03:52 PM

Most cases in Hospitals and ICU NSW are NOT................

GoldfishMan
02-09-2021, 03:58 PM
Even if that were true, at least they did something to give themselves a better chance against the virus. At least they managed to overcome their fear of vaccines or needles to do the best that is available to them at that moment in time.
It's better than doing nothing.

tpol
02-09-2021, 04:17 PM
I don't think there's any point arguing. Take the shot or not and when we open up, what ever happens happens

Its like whether you go bareback or not.

Up to the punter to choose their own risk

rooter
02-09-2021, 04:17 PM

That is a meaningless statistic because nearly everybody there is vaccinated, so anybody who does anything; catches a bus, has a heart attack, eats a falafel, has an erection, kills their mum, sings Hava Nagila Hava will almost certainly be vaccinated. A more meaningful statistic would be a comparison of vaccinated v unvaccinated people.

tpol
02-09-2021, 04:19 PM
That's funny

Its like saying 100% of the male population who caught covid are circumcised

Ziggurat
02-09-2021, 05:07 PM
This is the current rate of hospitalisations (over 70) in Israel between vaccinated and unvaccinated:

https://i.postimg.cc/5tnLrKTX/E9-RGhwv-XIAMBYWs-a.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

dannyboy
02-09-2021, 06:48 PM
As you can see in this chart, majority cases are vaxxed, the source of the data is at the top of the chart, from Israel health department..

Not sure if people can see this attachment.

Ziggurat
02-09-2021, 07:28 PM
Your chart is the number of cases, not the number of hospitalisations.