PDA

View Full Version : General talk Setting up a massage parlour good business?

zoozilla
01-09-2021, 08:39 PM
Is setting up a massage parlour a good business proposition?

All you need is a few girls, a few rooms, a few massage beds and a phone.

30 minutes: $40
45 minutes: $55
60 minutes: $65
90 minutes: $100

Where can you get such a rental returns for a property?

GoldfishMan
01-09-2021, 09:16 PM
They ought to create a new category called "Zoo thread" for you.

aussiegaigin
01-09-2021, 09:25 PM
Another topic that seems to get regurgitated every couple of months; probably too deep down in the index to resurrect.

All you need is to find a few rooms, then a few girls, then a lot of customers.

MDPorto
01-09-2021, 09:53 PM
All parlours are closed at the moment. I guess do the maths on that one?

storry_teller
01-09-2021, 10:05 PM
Is setting up a massage parlour a good business proposition?

All you need is a few girls, a few rooms, a few massage beds and a phone.

30 minutes: $40
45 minutes: $55
60 minutes: $65
90 minutes: $100

Where can you get such a rental returns for a property?
Omg you made me laugh so hard.
All you need are few girls, few rooms??? Omg omg so positive!

You should know, it’s a “hell, no”!

I got a story of a girl called B used to own a shop. She had her shares with her colleague and thought it would be ok to just have shares of shop and work extra shifts at her own shop while her business partner did operating. It didn’t go her way when just one week after they bought the shop, her business partner was deported to homeland due to visa issue then B had to run the shop herself although she was not ready for it. It became her nightmare as she had to be at shop 7 days from 10 till close. Got shit looking for staffs as it is not easy like B thought. Most of Chinese girls didn’t want to go that far and if they go, they offer more extra which she’s scared of. Thai girls, in another hand, not mind to travel but if they can only get less than 4 customers, no matter what, they quit after one or even half shift! Imagine that only 1 out of 10 girls texted her to ask for shift showed up then left before noon! That happens to experienced girls. How about new girls? Very hard to convince new one to get into this job, and so much effort to train them. And you said, just need few girls, lol! That girl worked for nothing in almost 2 years. She finally sold that hot potato!

Opening a shop now is such a risk, especially with Covid!

storry_teller
01-09-2021, 10:38 PM
Maybe if Zoozilla opens a shop, at least he doesn’t have to hear customers say “oh, I want to see you instead of your staffs”

asiafever
01-09-2021, 10:55 PM
Maybe if Zoozilla opens a shop, at least he doesn’t have to hear customers say “oh, I want to see you instead of your staffs”

Hahaha very true. Although you never know, Zoo might look good in a short black skirt.
I would think that gets more than a little tiresome for the owners after a while.

cumquat
01-09-2021, 11:34 PM
Omg you made me laugh so hard.
All you need are few girls, few rooms??? Omg omg so positive!

You should know, it’s a “hell, no”!

I got a story of a girl called B used to own a shop. She had her shares with her colleague and thought it would be ok to just have shares of shop and work extra shifts at her own shop while her business partner did operating. It didn’t go her way when just one week after they bought the shop, her business partner was deported to homeland due to visa issue then B had to run the shop herself although she was not ready for it. It became her nightmare as she had to be at shop 7 days from 10 till close. Got shit looking for staffs as it is not easy like B thought. Most of Chinese girls didn’t want to go that far and if they go, they offer more extra which she’s scared of. Thai girls, in another hand, not mind to travel but if they can only get less than 4 customers, no matter what, they quit after one or even half shift! Imagine that only 1 out of 10 girls texted her to ask for shift showed up then left before noon! That happens to experienced girls. How about new girls? Very hard to convince new one to get into this job, and so much effort to train them. And you said, just need few girls, lol! That girl worked for nothing in almost 2 years. She finally sold that hot potato!

Opening a shop now is such a risk, especially with Covid!

Sounds awfully familiar

zoozilla
02-09-2021, 12:13 AM
All parlours are closed at the moment. I guess do the maths on that one?

That's not true.

A 2nd Rydalmere would make a roaring business now that the punters and painters know there is an option.

Frustrated and unsatisfied punters would beat up their wives and kids if there is no such an outlet for them in a protracted lockdown.

cumquat
02-09-2021, 10:27 AM
That's not true.

A 2nd Rydalmere would make a roaring business now that the punters and painters know there is an option.

Frustrated and unsatisfied punters would beat up their wives and kids if there is no such an outlet for them in a protracted lockdown.

You are very rose hued… and you wear a bluey?

the_boss_king
05-09-2021, 01:15 AM
i think the most important thing would be to find girls that are willing to work with you.
In saying that when you first open it will be abit slow, so you need to have a promised amount of money to give them if you cant get them enough customers, otherwise
they wont want to come back. Also youll need quality girls to stand out.

Fred Flintstone
05-09-2021, 02:19 PM
Let’s see what the pros and cons of owning an RnT are:

Pros:

1. Open 7 days a week with unregulated hours
2. Busy location with street frontage can generate a lot of revenue
3. Tax free business - mainly cash
4. Easy job as the owner - just take half the girls massage fee
5. Can become a millionaire

Cons

1. Hard to find girls - high staff turnover
2. Always drama with the girls and time consuming to manage
3. Business depends on repeat customers for success - need to keep providing excellent service and more and more extras
4. Too much competition. Suburbs like Chatswood have 50 massage parlors
5. Regular shakedowns from mafia types. Need to keep paying them to avoid trouble
6. Can get busted by LE or councils anytime for providing extra services
7. Can get busted by Immigration
8. Attracts all sorts of scumbag customers - drunks, druggies, unclean and losers
9. Not exactly a socially acceptable business

aussiegaigin
05-09-2021, 02:41 PM

Pros:

1. This can put a lot of strain on manager/ owner.

2. This can actually deter patronage, as a lot punters are shy of being caught out. A discrete rear entrance is desirable, provided it is reasonably accessible from the front entrance. (One shop I frequent is in the middle of a long block; it is quite a walk to get from the front door to the back door. There is a public car park at the rear, and the signage for the shop here is less than discrete.)

adahar
05-09-2021, 03:08 PM

LE are not interested, they have no jurisdiction (although police can assist councils in carrying out DA enforcement). Councils have jurisdiction, action may be taken usually after a minimum of two complaints from ratepayers, which may vary from council to council. Health matters are a different proposition.

Another "Con": Compliance with QR code registrations which will reveal your footfall to those that might be interested, (more people than you might think).

GoldfishMan
05-09-2021, 03:11 PM

Pros:

3. Tax free business - mainly cash
4. Easy job as the owner - just take half the girls massage fee
5. Can become a millionaire

Cons

1. Hard to find girls - high staff turnover
2. Always drama with the girls and time consuming to manage
3. Business depends on repeat customers for success - need to keep providing excellent service and more and more extras
4. Too much competition. Suburbs like Chatswood have 50 massage parlors
5. Regular shakedowns from mafia types. Need to keep paying them to avoid trouble
7. Can get busted by Immigration
8. Attracts all sorts of scumbag customers - drunks, druggies, unclean and losers

I don't know about your experience, but all the good RNT places I know only open 12 hours a day, 10am - 10pm. Their hours are definitely shorter than brothels.

zoozilla
05-09-2021, 03:20 PM

Increasingly it's becoming s socially accepted entertainment.

When we had our annual dinner my boss met one of our clients and first thing he asked was, "Which brothel do you go to?"

Some wealthy Chinese women who are busy with playing Mahjong and neglecting their homes and husbands allow their men limited freedom to go and see MLs as long as they don't bring any disease back,

j_highrolla
06-09-2021, 05:16 AM
LOL this reminds me of basic economics class in school, maybe you bro can give me feedback on how I calculate this.

Not sure how much rent would be for a typical mid size shop in the city, for calculation purposes lets say $1500/week?

say if shop get $40 net profit from 60 minutes: $65, (guessing say $25 goes to the girl)

1500 / 4 = 38 customers a week just to reach breakeven point, and we hvnt mentioned water, electricity, other bills, so maybe round this up to 49 customers @ 1 hour a week to reach breakeven point.

then you have your opportunity cost of 12 hours a day 10-10, lets say minimum wage @ $20, you want to be making $240 a day.

so (49 / 7= 7 customers a day to break even) + (240 / $40profit per hour= 6) = 13 customers in a day to breakeven?

and we still hvnt mentioned other costs like hiring an reception etc, sounds really tough......

GoldfishMan
06-09-2021, 06:59 AM
LOL this reminds me of basic economics class in school, maybe you bro can give me feedback on how I calculate this.

Not sure how much rent would be for a typical mid size shop in the city, for calculation purposes lets say $1500/week?

say if shop get $40 net profit from 60 minutes: $65, (guessing say $25 goes to the girl)

1500 / 4 = 38 customers a week just to reach breakeven point, and we hvnt mentioned water, electricity, other bills, so maybe round this up to 49 customers @ 1 hour a week to reach breakeven point.

then you have your opportunity cost of 12 hours a day 10-10, lets say minimum wage @ $20, you want to be making $240 a day.

so (49 / 7= 7 customers a day to break even) + (240 / $40profit per hour= 6) = 13 customers in a day to breakeven?

and we still hvnt mentioned other costs like hiring an reception etc, sounds really tough......
It's a lot harder to calculate than that bro. All of the costs are static, so they cannot be included in calculations on a per customer level. For example, girls wages are static, you have to pay their wage regardless if there's a customer to serve, so you can't really just "split $25 to the girl" like you did up there. The split will become less the more customers you get, and vice versa. Also don't forget, there are revenue "bottlenecks" like number of rooms available on premise.

Yes, it's definitely a tough gig.

Fred Flintstone
06-09-2021, 09:51 AM
We also do not know how much extortion money the shops pay to the Chinese and Viet gangs. In the old days (pre-1995), the shops also had to pay off the NSW coppers. The bagman would go and do the collections on Thursdays and Fridays. The coppers would then go to the pubs and strip joints and have a jolly good time.

krnboy
06-09-2021, 11:14 AM
197 is permanently closed. You could see how hard it is to keep it running.

limbi8888
06-09-2021, 11:42 AM
sounds like a good idea with lots of fringe benefits but lots of annoying issues.
easier to go overseas and get a couple of 'girlfriends' monthly

Kiryu0
06-09-2021, 03:15 PM
For someone supposedly with a family and their own photography business you're proposal seems awfully simple and short sighted...

I expected a better business plan to begin with.

MisterWhippy
06-09-2021, 05:39 PM
A lot of shops pay ML little or nothing plus tips. I know this because I often go for part 1 only (if I want sex I'll go to a brothel), girls have mentioned this to me.

Once had a girl almost in tears, it was a quiet day, raining out, she'd been waiting for hours in rotation, then she gets me: no part 2 thanks. She couldn't believe her bad luck. I flipped her a $20 anyway, which I regretted afterwards since she didn't take it in good grace, seemed to feel I'd short-changed her.

That probably explains why some MLs quit if they don't get turns, they're making nothing.

So if you open a shop, at least you don't have to worry about wages. 😔

AHLUNGOR
06-09-2021, 07:42 PM
The cut between the shops and MLs used to be 50/50 of the massage fees. In recent years, the split started to favour the shops a bit more. Take the $40/30 min fees, $25 goes to shop and $15 for the girls which I think is fair enough .

Johnisfun1969
06-09-2021, 07:46 PM

This is quite good. You remember that from school. You will do better than the average punter here. Yes very business has a fixed cost and a variable cost. The fixed cost may also be called overhead. The variable cost will depend on number of girls employed, customers served and operating hours.

Yes the basics of economics will come into play of the supply and demand. When covid was not there there was no shortage of supply.

Fred Flintstone
06-09-2021, 07:48 PM
When the boss is away for a day or two or on leave, she will usually put one of the other girls on reception to manage the shop. My question is will the girl and her colleagues pocket some of the money without declaring it to the boss as she will have no way of finding out? Even if the boss is away across town, what’s to stop a girl claiming the massage was for 30 mins only when it was actually an hour?

warwick1
06-09-2021, 07:50 PM
For someone supposedly with a family and their own photography business you're proposal seems awfully simple and short sighted...

I expected a better business plan to begin with.

If this kid told you it was raining you would have to go outside and check, his stories are getting a tad boring but harmless I suppose...........

Climax598
06-09-2021, 07:52 PM
The cut between the shops and MLs used to be 50/50 of the massage fees. In recent years, the split started to favour the shops a bit more. Take the $40/30 min fees, $25 goes to shop and $15 for the girls which I think is fair enough .
Master of Rnt you are right what shop and girls get in a Rnt shop. Is industry standard in Sydney. The extra are for the girls to keep. Some shop give the girls extra like $5 to 10 more if girls have phone in booking because of regular customers.

AHLUNGOR
06-09-2021, 08:03 PM
When the boss is away for a day or two or on leave, she will usually put one of the other girls on reception to manage the shop. My question is will the girl and her colleagues pocket some of the money without declaring it to the boss as she will have no way of finding out? Even if the boss is away across town, what’s to stop a girl claiming the massage was for 30 mins only when it was actually an hour?

Most shops have got CCTV (not inside rooms so don’t worry........ haha) guarding the front door and at least the reception? It’s not hard to figure out if a walk in customer had stayed and for how long.

storry_teller
06-09-2021, 08:10 PM
A lot of shops pay ML little or nothing plus tips. I know this because I often go for part 1 only (if I want sex I'll go to a brothel), girls have mentioned this to me.

Once had a girl almost in tears, it was a quiet day, raining out, she'd been waiting for hours in rotation, then she gets me: no part 2 thanks. She couldn't believe her bad luck. I flipped her a $20 anyway, which I regretted afterwards since she didn't take it in good grace, seemed to feel I'd short-changed her.

That probably explains why some MLs quit if they don't get turns, they're making nothing.

So if you open a shop, at least you don't have to worry about wages. ��
Don’t have to worry about the wages? It could be right, but when staffs don’t have to worry about expenses, boss does. For a quiet day, staffs get nothing but boss have to pay from their own pocket. If staff doesn’t like the shop/customer, simply quit. Boss has to stay and deal with lazy or tricky staffs/nasty customers/ councils/ even competitors.