PDA

View Full Version : General talk When will the govt realise they can't beat COVID

Blackkkkkkk
03-09-2021, 10:43 AM
Srs. We just gotta get vaccinated and open up. Treat it like the flu and live with it.
Govt is spending my tax on paying job keepers and job seekers even to people who breach public health orders. And this 5km rule, LGAs of concern, etc. are confusing as hell.
Also ,my hair is so long now that I can't even do a job interview without feeling a bit off but Gladys seems to be getting her hair done nicely. What a fucked up situation it is.

punter-pie
03-09-2021, 11:03 AM
Pretty sure that's their plan

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

rooter
03-09-2021, 11:11 AM
That's what they are doing bro. They are phasing it in over the next few months.

Carissawhore
03-09-2021, 11:13 AM
Pretty sure by next year Feb-March they should open up international borders to majority of the countries. Our internal state to state borders should open by end of this year. We just have to live with Covid and get vaccinated every 6 to 9 months going forward.

zoozilla
03-09-2021, 11:44 AM
Given time Covid can be eradicatd just like many other diseases.

The virus hasn't got a brain unlike human species who is gifted with a superior brain.

All we have to do is to put our faith in our great leaders. Morrison and Glady are the best politicians you could get anywhere and anytime.

03-09-2021, 11:50 AM

The virus hasn't got a brain unlike human species who is gifted with a superior brain.

All we have to do is to put our faith in our great leaders. Morrison and Glady are the best politicians you could get anywhere and anytime.

Haha stockholm syndrome

adahar
03-09-2021, 11:58 AM
Pretty sure by next year Feb-March they should open up international borders to majority of the countries. Our internal state to state borders should open by end of this year. We just have to live with Covid and get vaccinated every 6 to 9 months going forward.

They may open borders up but it seems they think that anyone coming in for a holiday will gladly go into quarantine for a couple of weeks. Good luck with that.

storry_teller
03-09-2021, 12:28 PM
Eventually they will open border and lift up restrictions and let Covid work as a natural selection. Sad but true. Just hope we’re lucky enough not to be chosen by it.

zoozilla
03-09-2021, 12:45 PM
Haha stockholm syndrome

Yes both Morrison and Glady went to Stockholm Business School. The best there is.

aussiegaigin
03-09-2021, 03:40 PM
Buy a hair clipper and cut it yourself. My recommendation is Remington Turbo selling at $89 at The Good Guys. Use size zero clipper and in 15 minutes, you can cut all your hairs out. This is the “Covid Normal Hair Style” ie bald. I am sure you will get any job you want in this “Covid Normal Hair Style” attending any job interview in the web. Btw, there is many video clips in Youtube for a beginner for DIY hair cut.

If you are worried about the bald look, you can buy a wig on eBay for less than the price of a haircut.

limbi8888
03-09-2021, 04:14 PM
Pretty sure they are onto this, they have said there will be deaths

Forward Must Hang
03-09-2021, 05:31 PM

kungflu20
03-09-2021, 07:04 PM
Pretty sure Sydney is the most advanced in making that a reality!!

Vader
03-09-2021, 07:52 PM
That seals it. I'm convinced you're a nutjob.

You called the guy who fucked off to Hawaii while the country burned, the best. The guy who doesn't hold a hose and thinks that's all that needs to be done.

You think the guy who is in charge of quarantine yet leaves it to the states to book motels and have then watched by the security company who does the trolleys at Woolies, is effective?

The guy who ordered inadequate vaccine supplies and then said "its not a race" - is the best you can do?

The guy who won't front a protest of woman angry about violence against women but says how great it is that they don't get shot, he's got it going on?

Robodebt? Blocking an investigation into Christian Porter? The Brittany Higgins debacle two offices down from his own? Sports rorts? Carpark rorts? He's your benchmark for quality?

And Gladys, who refused to lockdown because it would hurt the economy for a couple of weeks, resulting in a 3 month lockdown that she's now resigned to "lets open some stuff up, but it's going to get worse" - she's your golden standard?

Go back to asking your banal questions, Two Dogs Fucking.

FMH

Well, you have obviously no idea on background of all of what you just said

Forward Must Hang
03-09-2021, 09:07 PM

GoldfishMan
04-09-2021, 12:48 AM
It takes 2 hands to clap. Other countries have restrictions on their own citizens as well, those would also need to be loosened or removed before we start to see travellers coming here again. Another point is not all countries in the world are affected by COVID in the same way. Some are a lot worse than others. I think the Aussie gov will need to consider targetted restrictions for quite some time even if they start allowing people in.

Same goes for Aussies traveling overseas. Just because we allow our people to leave doesn't mean all destinations are available.

Carissawhore
04-09-2021, 01:44 AM
No wonders people call it politics when they try to manipulate you, Covid is first of its kind in the modern times and the whole world was not prepared for pandemic, yes Mr Scomo ran to Hawai during fires and yes Gladys changes every second, you have to understand these guys are people just like you and me and being public figure they are giving us advice based out of so called dumb fuck advisors or dumb scientists they have hired. It is not their fault, we have major issue with hiring process, government tent to hire dumb fuck old people, look at USA they have so called President who does not what he is doing and probably wears man diapers. I have worked in government organisations and they tend to hire old gooses in top position and they always take wrong decisions. We should always have age and eduction/IQ limit for certain top positions, but unfortunately we don't have that for leader position and leaders are born based out of politics hence our world is crumbling down. This is just my 10 cents on current world don't mean to offend anyone.

Basil22
04-09-2021, 02:20 AM
you have to understand these guys are people just like you and me

This says it all. The amount of anger people have at the most trivial shit like scomo taking a holiday during the bushfires. Fuck me dead get over yourselves. Btw I’m not a fan of Morrison but have enough sense to understand and accept that while he wants what is best for the country, he also fucks up like the rest of us.

And yeah these guys have advisors and experts who at the end of the day aren’t the ones who are held accountable by the public. Poor Gladys has to balance so many different priorities, I just can’t imagine the pressure she’d be under. She is someone who genuinely cares for her constituents and some of the things being said about her make me cringe. Apparently some auspost worker doxxed her the other day and then spat on her mail before delivering it? Uploaded it to Facebook or something?
Mate told me that not sure if it’s true.

Anyway, to sum up the above, the TLDR version: Before you judge someone else, it’s always helpful to remember that you’re probably also a piece of shit.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forward Must Hang
04-09-2021, 09:32 AM

tpol
04-09-2021, 09:36 AM
Agree basil, the shit that Gladys has to go thru very few ppl can handle. Ppl are way in to the me culture

Gladys makes her decisions and owns it. She repeatedly says, Blame me don't blame anyone else

GoldfishMan
04-09-2021, 11:13 AM
No wonders people call it politics when they try to manipulate you, Covid is first of its kind in the modern times and the whole world was not prepared for pandemic, yes Mr Scomo ran to Hawai during fires and yes Gladys changes every second, you have to understand these guys are people just like you and me and being public figure they are giving us advice based out of so called dumb fuck advisors or dumb scientists they have hired. It is not their fault, we have major issue with hiring process, government tent to hire dumb fuck old people, look at USA they have so called President who does not what he is doing and probably wears man diapers. I have worked in government organisations and they tend to hire old gooses in top position and they always take wrong decisions. We should always have age and eduction/IQ limit for certain top positions, but unfortunately we don't have that for leader position and leaders are born based out of politics hence our world is crumbling down. This is just my 10 cents on current world don't mean to offend anyone.
Bro, I have to agree with some of what you said. I do NOT agree with the age discrimination... Some old people are treasure troves of experience yet still have full control over their mental abilities. That combination is actually needed in certain roles.

But yeah, I agree that there is a serious problem with the hiring process right across all industries and it does not only affect Government. Big corporations with many layers of management have the same problem. The hiring is seldom based on pure ability or intelligence, but more about interpersonal connections, politics, cronyism, and personal benefit all along the management chain of command. I work in one of them and I can tell you, only about 3-4/10 people in managerial positions truly deserve their roles. All the others are a bunch of fake-it-til-you-make-it misfits. I've been in meetings where I all the "participants" were the same inept types and I just decided to switch off and take a back seat. What transpires is a circus... the blind leading the blind.

I probably shouldn't bag these people too much because the nature of my type of work thrives on having these idiots around, lol!

punter-pie
04-09-2021, 12:34 PM
Who even cares if he went to Hawaii? It's not like he is a frontine fire-fighter. Surely he and his family deserve a holiday like everyone else.

God, everyone carries on like the politicians want covid here, it's more of a pain in their ass than ours.

Vader
04-09-2021, 02:05 PM
So none of what I said was right? Scomo didn't fuck off to Hawaii during the fires?

Tell me why my opinion is not justified. I'll start it off for you...

Blah blah blah blah blah....

I could write a detailed reply but I doubt very much if you would understand it

Forward Must Hang
04-09-2021, 02:07 PM

warwick1
04-09-2021, 02:12 PM
I could write a detailed reply but I doubt very much if you would understand it

I doubt it , the lefties like to shout you down if you don't agree with their agenda..........

Climax598
04-09-2021, 02:17 PM
I doubt it , the lefties like to shout you down if you don't agree with their agenda..........
So do rightist sky news,fox news,news.com.au....... will shout you down if you don't agree with their agenda.

warwick1
04-09-2021, 02:41 PM
So do rightist sky news,fox news,news.com.au....... will shout you down if you don't agree with their agenda.

We agree to disagree............

MisterWhippy
04-09-2021, 05:54 PM
We agree to disagree............

Conservatives are better at dressing it in fine language.

So on the left you've got "cancel culture": destroy people's careers/social standing if they step out of line.

Conservatives have "religious freedom", which basically means the churches have unbridled rights to discriminate (sack staff who come out gay etc.)

It amounts to the same thing, but it sounds so much nicer! 🤩

Forward Must Hang
04-09-2021, 06:02 PM

Forward Must Hang
04-09-2021, 06:04 PM

Vader
04-09-2021, 06:11 PM
Clearly, you're the head of Mensa. My IQ was tested at 145, that was 5 years ago though. Obviously before my lobotomy.

I guess everyone is entitled to a mistake. Maybe you should have got a second opinion regarding your IQ?

Vader
04-09-2021, 06:13 PM
I think that's true of people on both sides. I was always a swinging voter until this shitbag government came along.

So you would like "I Don't Know as PM" as that rates higher than Each Way Albo in polls

GoldfishMan
04-09-2021, 06:16 PM
Who even cares if he went to Hawaii? It's not like he is a frontine fire-fighter. Surely he and his family deserve a holiday like everyone else.

God, everyone carries on like the politicians want covid here, it's more of a pain in their ass than ours.

I don't really care but if I look at it purely from an in-his-shoes POV, that decreasing to go to Hawaii was pretty stupid, to be really frank. On one hand, sure he's got a family to look after, maybe a cranky wife and himself needing a holiday, on the other he's the PM of the country who's bread and butter is literally his public image. Surely when weighing the pros and cons of going on holiday at that time... We're taking about one of the worst environmental catastrophes in history here... He would've realised it was not the right thing to do. I don't call that courage or defiance, I call it stupidity. Really shot himself in the foot that time.

Raybo
05-09-2021, 12:48 AM
No political alignment, but Scotty from marketing is a tool. Problem is, he is the face of a political party that really doesn't know what to do, except tell the world how good they are, even when they generally aren't.

Forward Must Hang
05-09-2021, 12:53 AM
I guess everyone is entitled to a mistake. Maybe you should have got a second opinion regarding your IQ?

The fact that you have a different opinion doesn't trouble me. The fact that you don't put up any argument, rather just want to throw insults, speaks volumes about you.

Keep playing the man and not the ball, if it makes you feel valid.

Guess that's me done.

Vader
05-09-2021, 11:05 AM
The fact that you have a different opinion doesn't trouble me. The fact that you don't put up any argument, rather just want to throw insults, speaks volumes about you.

Keep playing the man and not the ball, if it makes you feel valid.

Guess that's me done.

I could write a detailed reply but you would still be in denial so what is the point. However, bagging me and foul language does show your mindset.

05-09-2021, 11:48 AM
Yes both Morrison and Glady went to Stockholm Business School. The best there is.

Scomo was dux of the year and had Gladys transitioned by then ?

konfuzion
09-09-2021, 12:55 PM
NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian issued a warning to people hoping to be free of restrictions in October, reminding them any rewards would be only given to fully vaccinated citizens.

warwick1
09-09-2021, 12:58 PM
NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian issued a warning to people hoping to be free of restrictions in October, reminding them any rewards would be only given to fully vaccinated citizens.

Cruel but fair..................

Vader
09-09-2021, 01:12 PM

She has been saying that for weeks. I can't see a problem as it is freedom of choice of if you get jabbed or not.

adahar
09-09-2021, 01:43 PM
Be careful of what you wish for.

After today's press briefing it now becomes clear that Public Health, in particular KC, are now in charge of the day to day movements of every citizen. The promise to shut down local towns, LGA's, suburbs and even businesses being dependant on case numbers. The only way this can happen is by constant surveillance, by QR check in's and forced testing of the population.

Today she said in response to a question "as an epidemiologist......". I can't find any reference to that qualification on her (sketchy) bio. The tendency to this claim and a "dream" she has (according to one reporter she pushed for 85% threshold before opening, she didn't answer the question) gives a disturbing insight into the reality of her mindset. In fact, trying to locate any information on her qualifications isn't easy, one govt web page that may have had some information is blocked.

“As we take the edge off the severity of Covid we will need to figure out what public health measures we’ll need in place,” she said. It sounds like she has a job for life quoted from the following link - https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/jul/17/secret-weapon-unflappable-kerry-chant-faces-toughest-challenge-yet-as-nsw-covid-outbreak-grows

Nice to know that our lives are now being regulated ("years into the future" she quotes) by an unelected, possibly unqualified, public servant.

adahar
09-09-2021, 01:58 PM
She has been saying that for weeks. I can't see a problem as it is freedom of choice of if you get jabbed or not.

Denying people the ability to partake in daily life is hardly freedom of choice. Apparently it's now "ok" to ask people for their vaccination status in order to decide whether to associate with them:-

"I know I wouldn't want to be in a room with an unvaccinated person" quoted GB at today's press briefing.

For someone that aspires to be re-elected to a leadership position that seeks to divide people based on pseudo "freedom of choice" and to actively enforce this ideology by bypassing the democratic process is disturbing.

surething91
09-09-2021, 02:37 PM
For someone that aspires to be re-elected to a leadership position that seeks to divide people based on pseudo "freedom of choice" and to actively enforce this ideology by bypassing the democratic process is disturbing.
Dividing the population doesn't seem to be an issue for most politics these days. Then we will only blame the unvaccinated and not the ones responsible for this poor management of this pandemic: more than 2 months in lockdown for finally get a glimpse of a road map?! I'm not saying it's easy but clearly it could have been better.

But here in Australia we seem to accept the coming discrimination between vaccinated and unvaccinated. I can understand that after being locked for so long people are sick of it, don't care anymore and will accept whatever surveillance will be put in place as long as they can eat their burger or have a beer outside. This could be dangerous, for how long are we going to scan a QR code and show our vaccine passport? Nobody knows...

dannyboy
09-09-2021, 02:38 PM
Denying people the ability to partake in daily life is hardly freedom of choice. Apparently it's now "ok" to ask people for their vaccination status in order to decide whether to associate with them:-

"I know I wouldn't want to be in a room with an unvaccinated person" quoted GB at today's press briefing.

I wonder wether she'll want unvaccinated people voting come election time, 20-30% could sway the results..

Climax598
09-09-2021, 02:42 PM
I wonder wether she'll want unvaccinated people voting come election time, 20-30% could sway the results..
Maybe she is thinking of not running for the next election. Then the other 70 to 80% vaccinated people maybe voting for her. She done the calculation.

Climax598
09-09-2021, 02:56 PM

After today's press briefing it now becomes clear that Public Health, in particular KC, are now in charge of the day to day movements of every citizen. The promise to shut down local towns, LGA's, suburbs and even businesses being dependant on case numbers. The only way this can happen is by constant surveillance, by QR check in's and forced testing of the population.

Today she said in response to a question "as an epidemiologist......". I can't find any reference to that qualification on her (sketchy) bio. The tendency to this claim and a "dream" she has (according to one reporter she pushed for 85% threshold before opening, she didn't answer the question) gives a disturbing insight into the reality of her mindset. In fact, trying to locate any information on her qualifications isn't easy, one govt web page that may have had some information is blocked.

“As we take the edge off the severity of Covid we will need to figure out what public health measures we’ll need in place,” she said. It sounds like she has a job for life quoted from the following link - https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/jul/17/secret-weapon-unflappable-kerry-chant-faces-toughest-challenge-yet-as-nsw-covid-outbreak-grows

Nice to know that our lives are now being regulated ("years into the future" she quotes) by an unelected, possibly unqualified, public servant.
You can always vote the government out if not happy. The government can change the PHO in NSW parliament if not happy. In a democracy public opinions and votes in elections is the cornerstone. Laws and regulations are pass or overture by parliament

dannyboy
09-09-2021, 03:29 PM
Maybe she is thinking of not running for the next election. Then the other 70 to 80% vaccinated people maybe voting for her. She done the calculation.

She couldn't get 70% of votes, you're kidding, Liberal party will lose next election in a landslide.. 😂😂
So you're line of thinking is, the 70-80% of all vaccinated people are Liberal voters..

adahar
09-09-2021, 03:58 PM
You can always vote the government out if not happy. The government can change the PHO in NSW parliament if not happy. In a democracy public opinions and votes in elections is the cornerstone. Laws and regulations are pass or overture by parliament

It doesn't matter who you vote for. The same public servants will still be running the health show and keen to get any govt to follow the "health advice". The fact that some politicians have recognised the potential of PHO's and the technology that supports their application only complicates the situation. This will hold true for any political persuasion.

Take, for example, Morrison's statement "Australia is not a mandatory vaccination country", several times. He never affirmed the principle of freedom of choice. This omission opened the door for any business to remove freedom of choice arbitrarily using the excuse of "work safety". The weakening of this fundamental element of democracy will continue as it allows just about any citizen to discriminate by demanding that you not only have to reveal your health status but demand proof thereof.

bigboymcevoy69
09-09-2021, 04:16 PM

Your entire life since the moment you were born has been regulated, this is hardly different

bigboymcevoy69
09-09-2021, 04:18 PM
Denying people the ability to partake in daily life is hardly freedom of choice.

You have a choice, get vaxxed or don't. Each of these choices has privileges and drawbacks. If you're not comfortable with the consequences of your choice then maybe rethink it

Meng
09-09-2021, 05:06 PM

What about this then. Vaccinated or unvaccinated we can all be free but if you're unvaccinated and you catch covid and you need to go to the hospital then pay out of your own pocket or how about you get prioritised below those that are vaccinated?

Sounds fair. The issue is the impact on hospital resources so it only makes sense the ones who demand the same amount of freedom yet do not respect the health of others gets prioritised lower than those that do.

Will that work for you buddy?

rooter
09-09-2021, 05:18 PM
these libertarians (left and right) are all me me me me like little children. They don't understand that with freedom comes responsibility, and that with rights come obligations.
They need to get back to the basics and read Locke and Hobbes and Burke and Rousseau, and Bentham and Mill.

dotcumdotinyou
09-09-2021, 05:27 PM
I understand where your coming from meng, And I'd probably agree with your comments but then would you prioritize non smokers over smokers, non drinkers over drinkers, people who haven't had stds over those that have? The list can go on for a lot of things.

It boils down to the fact that we're all taxpayers (well most of us anyway) and vaccinated or not we fund the health system.

adahar
09-09-2021, 05:44 PM
What about this then. Vaccinated or unvaccinated we can all be free but if you're unvaccinated and you catch covid and you need to go to the hospital then pay out of your own pocket or how about you get prioritised below those that are vaccinated?

Sounds fair. The issue is the impact on hospital resources so it only makes sense the ones who demand the same amount of freedom yet do not respect the health of others gets prioritised lower than those that do.

Will that work for you buddy?

There's no certain evidence that being vaccinated will prevent infection and reduce transmission. You are just as likely to get covid anyway, in fact, it's almost an eventual certainty. Case rates in any countries are confirmation of this.

Under this realisation the notion that vaccination is done for "others" is completely false and just a use of language to coerce the public. It benefits no one that you are vaccinated except yourself. To think otherwise judges you to be extremely selfish and monumentally arrogant. To deny some one else's freedom of choice and to make decisions about their body, for whatever reason, is the height of hypocrisy.

I have heard, first hand, that many young women won't be vaccinated because of their perceived risk to their fertility. Regardless of the scientific evidence, who are you, or I, to determine they should be denied, by exclusion, that point of view.

Vader
09-09-2021, 06:47 PM

I don't have a problem with surveillance by a QR code as big brother knows exactly where I am most of the time. Gladys won't lead her Government to the next election, she step down and retire or be toppled by the treasurer..

Vader
09-09-2021, 06:50 PM
There's no certain evidence that being vaccinated will prevent infection and reduce transmission. You are just as likely to get covid anyway, in fact, it's almost an eventual certainty. Case rates in any countries are confirmation of this.

Under this realisation the notion that vaccination is done for "others" is completely false and just a use of language to coerce the public. It benefits no one that you are vaccinated except yourself. To think otherwise judges you to be extremely selfish and monumentally arrogant. To deny some one else's freedom of choice and to make decisions about their body, for whatever reason, is the height of hypocrisy.

I have heard, first hand, that many young women won't be vaccinated because of their perceived risk to their fertility. Regardless of the scientific evidence, who are you, or I, to determine they should be denied, by exclusion, that point of view.

Of course we will all get covid scoop, that has been mentioned for ages. It will just be another virus that we will get jabbed with every year like the flu

adahar
09-09-2021, 08:32 PM
Of course we will all get covid scoop, that has been mentioned for ages. It will just be another virus that we will get jabbed with every year like the flu

It won't be like another virus because you can still get a coffee without having the flu jab and having to prove it.

Vader
09-09-2021, 08:38 PM
It won't be like another virus because you can still get a coffee without having the flu jab and having to prove it.

But that requirement will wear off in time plus you can still make your own coffee. Once upon a time we had vaccine passports to travel overseas. No one complained then. Get over it and move on as both Labor and Libs support it. Only fight battles you can win.

GoldfishMan
09-09-2021, 09:03 PM
Somebody tell that sucker to stop mixing his libertarian ideology with actual physical health problems.

Libertarian ideology = it's all in your head.

Virus that can kill healthy 30 something people in their homes = real physical danger.

You can think and argue til the cows come home, the virus don't give a shit if you're a libertarian or a vegetarian. You are just stupid to carry on with your ideologies at the risk of your own life.

Vader
09-09-2021, 09:06 PM
Somebody tell that sucker to stop mixing his libertarian ideology with actual physical health problems.

Virus that can kill healthy 30 something people in their homes = real physical danger.

You can think and argue til the cows come home, the virus don't give a shit if you're a libertarian or a vegetarian. You are just stupid to carry on with your ideologies at the risk of your own life.

He is a lost cause I think.

surething91
09-09-2021, 10:27 PM

Why so much anger? I don't think he has ever lied here or called for revolution or whatever. He has just exposed facts so far. I don't see how his "ideologies" will make him risk his life. I'm sure he is smart enough to recognise how dangerous this covid-19 can be for him. He just shows that not everyone would be happy with a Social Credit System. Thinking outside the box can be a good thing sometimes...

GoldfishMan
09-09-2021, 10:44 PM
Why so much anger? I don't think he has ever lied here or called for revolution or whatever. He has just exposed facts so far. I don't see how his "ideologies" will make him risk his life. I'm sure he is smart enough to recognise how dangerous this covid-19 can be for him. He just shows that not everyone would be happy with a Social Credit System. Thinking outside the box can be a good thing sometimes...
He is an outright anti-vaxxer who will latch on to anything to prove to himself that not being vaxxed is the right thing to do. People like that will always want more people to be in the same boat as him because he needs more on his side to give him courage.
Go through his posts. Everything he writes has the same "punchline"... No vaccine.

About the ideology and fear of losing your freedom. Why don't you think for a second why the government has to do this "additional freedom for the vaccinated"? If there were nobody refusing the vaccine, do you think they would still need to do this? Who's to blame for this situation?

adahar
09-09-2021, 11:22 PM
But that requirement will wear off in time plus you can still make your own coffee. Once upon a time we had vaccine passports to travel overseas. No one complained then. Get over it and move on as both Labor and Libs support it. Only fight battles you can win.

Vaccine passports to travel overseas were usually required by the country you were going to. I'm not aware of any vaccinations required to return to Australia after having left, maybe I'm wrong!

It's their rules in which our govt, and consequently the people that elected them, had no say.

adahar
09-09-2021, 11:33 PM

Another infantile rant but it seems that's the way you like to comment.

Since the beginning of the pandemic there have been 40 deaths below the age of 60, most having underlying health conditions. Your claim of "Virus that can kill healthy 30 something people in their homes = real physical danger." is nonsense and merely reveals that the fear campaign undertaken by Public Health has worked a treat.

GoldfishMan
09-09-2021, 11:49 PM

Since the beginning of the pandemic there have been 40 deaths below the age of 60, most having underlying health conditions. Your claim of "Virus that can kill healthy 30 something people in their homes = real physical danger." is nonsense and merely reveals that the fear campaign undertaken by Public Health has worked a treat.
https://theconversation.com/the-inherent-racism-of-anti-vaxx-movements-163456

adahar
10-09-2021, 12:05 AM
He is an outright anti-vaxxer who will latch on to anything to prove to himself that not being vaxxed is the right thing to do. People like that will always want more people to be in the same boat as him because he needs more on his side to give him courage.
Go through his posts. Everything he writes has the same "punchline"... No vaccine.

About the ideology and fear of losing your freedom. Why don't you think for a second why the government has to do this "additional freedom for the vaccinated"? If there were nobody refusing the vaccine, do you think they would still need to do this? Who's to blame for this situation?

I have already declared I'm not an anti-vaxxer, don't you believe me?

If I were, why would I discourage anyone from getting the vaccination. It would be smarter to let everybody else go ahead so I could relax in the knowledge that 80% would be getting "back to normal". You could take the view that my cunning plan has been stymied by the govt only allowing vaccinated people to be "free" but that arrangement I oppose because it's forced vaccination by coercion which a supposedly democratic govt should not be engaged in. True anti-vaxxers take that stance because, I assume, they feel everyone else is in mortal danger from it. Either that or they just want something to protest over, I don't really know. Vehemently protesting the opposite exposes a similar mindset. To be so concerned about other people's decisions, which are, or should be, perfectly entitled to make is just sanctimonious righteousness.

I don't care if you get vaxxed or not, it's simply none of my business. It's also none of your business what anyone else does either; it certainly shouldn't be the govts business what anybody chooses to do with their bodies.

I know exactly why the govt is doing it. I also know how they're going about it, step by step, day by day, week by week. The methodology is an open book to me and I'm rarely surprised by the decisions taken.

GoldfishMan
10-09-2021, 12:08 AM

I'm pretty sure your numbers are false, but too lazy to waste my time researching to counter you. So tell us, with your infinite wisdom, how many people under the age of 60 SHOULD die of COVID to make it a real problem?

adahar
10-09-2021, 12:09 AM
https://theconversation.com/the-inherent-racism-of-anti-vaxx-movements-163456

Not sure what that is all about. Random articles implying some sort of underlying commentary is just misguided, it won't get you very far.

adahar
10-09-2021, 12:18 AM
I'm pretty sure your numbers are false, but too lazy to waste my time researching to counter you. So tell us, with your infinite wisdom, how many people under the age of 60 SHOULD die of COVID to make it a real problem?

The numbers are as reported by NSW health. If you want any more I can supply them with an analysis or you can look them up yourself. Oh, wait, you're too lazy to do that; but obviously not too lazy to invent "facts" that you rely on to mount an argument.

In any event I never said it wasn't a "real problem". You're confusing a rebuttal of your nonsense comment with a hypothetical proposition that's unrelated to it. You must try harder.

yug
10-09-2021, 12:43 AM

If I were, why would I discourage anyone from getting the vaccination. It would be smarter to let everybody else go ahead so I could relax in the knowledge that 80% would be getting "back to normal". You could take the view that my cunning plan has been stymied by the govt only allowing vaccinated people to be "free" but that arrangement I oppose because it's forced vaccination by coercion which a supposedly democratic govt should not be engaged in. True anti-vaxxers take that stance because, I assume, they feel everyone else is in mortal danger from it. Either that or they just want something to protest over, I don't really know. Vehemently protesting the opposite exposes a similar mindset. To be so concerned about other people's decisions, which are, or should be, perfectly entitled to make is just sanctimonious righteousness.

I don't care if you get vaxxed or not, it's simply none of my business. It's also none of your business what anyone else does either; it certainly shouldn't be the govts business what anybody chooses to do with their bodies.

I know exactly why the govt is doing it. I also know how they're going about it, step by step, day by day, week by week. The methodology is an open book to me and I'm rarely surprised by the decisions taken.

Nobody has time or energy to argue with you dude,
Fight for whatever shitty fight you are fighting for (in your head).

Majority will be vaccinated and move on.

By the way, must be tiring to be the only smart person on the Earth.
I feel for you man.

adahar
10-09-2021, 01:27 AM

I feel for you man.

You don't have to feel for me, I don't ask or expect you to be concerned but thank you anyway.

tpol
10-09-2021, 09:23 AM

I agree with you. It's your choice and each and everyone of us can take the risk from the decision they make.

It is not right to lock down the unvaccinated but I'm guessing their plan is to let the vaxxed out first and see what happens. If it's manageable hospitalisation wise, they'll then probably let groups of unvaxxed out next. Probably essential workers or by lgas. But I reckon it will be 2 months later when they let the unvaxxed out.so probably mid Dec

tpol
10-09-2021, 09:24 AM
But I do think everyone will get covid.vaxxed or unvaxxed.

Especially when borders open

Vader
10-09-2021, 10:50 AM
But I do think everyone will get covid.vaxxed or unvaxxed.

Of course we will, that has been spelt out for ages.

Vader
10-09-2021, 10:51 AM

I feel for you man.

You nailed it yug.

adahar
10-09-2021, 11:06 AM

They're just kicking the can down the road. Public Health, particularly KC, don't seem to imagine a time when they can't wrap their arms around the public to protect citizens from themselves. The Ruby Princess was an unmitigated disaster and it appears they've become terrified of making another wrong turn.

What'll they do when contemplating opening up to tourists is hard to predict. Insisting that they are fully vaxxed is one thing but QR codes, testing, isolation is another.

Maybe future travel to Australia will only be for the super wealthy or the politically connected.

Riff888
10-09-2021, 11:18 AM

I feel for you man.I agree, I just read maybe 2 or 3 lines and just skip it.

Most of my good friends who live in the south west have the same attitude towards the vaccine and Covid.

Most of us did party drugs for decades but a vaccine, no that's so bad.

Even my 16 year old daughter had her first shot a few weeks ago.

Just let them be, no point wasting time. I still love my friends and still talk to them, just not about the vaccine or Covid.

I'm not sure if I'll be visiting them any time soon though.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

warwick1
10-09-2021, 11:26 AM
You nailed it yug.

Yep he sure did, imagine being stuck sitting next to Adahar on a non stop flight to the States, you would have to lock him in the dunny or get him "Ducktaped" for the entire flight, you can't argue with dopes like that...

Vader
10-09-2021, 12:36 PM
Yep he sure did, imagine being stuck sitting next to Adahar on a non stop flight to the States, you would have to lock him in the dunny or get him "Ducktaped" for the entire flight, you can't argue with dopes like that...

I would ask him to communicate to me in writing. That would keep him busy.

adahar
10-09-2021, 01:08 PM

You might well be surprised to know that I don't talk to anybody on a flight. The vast majority don't have the intellectual capacity to keep up. This appears to be the case here.....

adahar
10-09-2021, 01:09 PM
I would ask him to communicate to me in writing. That would keep him busy.

Similar response as post #81

Vader
10-09-2021, 02:41 PM
Similar response as post #81

Actually, maybe you have to sit beside your mum

dannyboy
10-09-2021, 02:57 PM
You might well be surprised to know that I don't talk to anybody on a flight. The vast majority don't have the intellectual capacity to keep up. This appears to be the case here.....

Don't worry about them adahar, you're the most level headed person in this thread..

adahar
10-09-2021, 03:04 PM
On the last flight to Bangkok I sat next to a lovely Finnish girl. As per my policy I never engage but just before disembarking she asked if I knew where the self storage was at the airport. I did know the answer (does that not surprise you) and we spent the next 4 hours on what you might call a fleeting "date" before she had to get the connection flight out. Sometimes being the strong, silent, sophisticated type pays off.

Riff888
10-09-2021, 03:14 PM
Adahar and Dannyboy on a plane together?

Never going to happen post Covid certificate [emoji1787]

Enjoy the holiday parks boys [emoji23]

dannyboy
10-09-2021, 04:07 PM
Adahar and Dannyboy on a plane together?

Never going to happen post Covid certificate [emoji1787]

Enjoy the holiday parks boys [emoji23]

You'll be eating your words, just wait and see

Climax598
10-09-2021, 04:34 PM
On the last flight to Bangkok I sat next to a lovely Finnish girl. As per my policy I never engage but just before disembarking she asked if I knew where the self storage was at the airport. I did know the answer (does that not surprise you) and we spent the next 4 hours on what you might call a fleeting "date" before she had to get the connection flight out. Sometimes being the strong, silent, sophisticated type pays off.
Why don't you keep silent 😝 for a week might payoff. We all might welcome you back.

Budgyboy
10-09-2021, 09:37 PM
Adahar and dannyboy same person, maybe, not the first time, just sayin.

adahar
10-09-2021, 10:20 PM
Adahar and dannyboy same person, maybe, not the first time, just sayin.

It would certainly make those seats on the same flight a bit cheaper!

krnboy
11-09-2021, 08:29 AM

Man, rabies has a 100% kill rate. I'm bloody scared of that than anything else.

rooter
11-09-2021, 08:58 AM
Man, rabies has a 100% kill rate. I'm bloody scared of that than anything else.

Don’t get bitten by a rabid bitch :)

Riff888
11-09-2021, 02:50 PM
Don’t get bitten by a rabid bitch :)How do you know my ex wife [emoji23]

dannyboy
13-09-2021, 01:08 PM
UK scraps covid passports...

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/england-set-to-scrap-covid-19-vaccine-passport-plan-ahead-of-european-winter/952ae779-4e67-4438-b680-1275ecd8e89d

And in NSW , vaccine passports will only be in place for for 3 weeks.. Common sense prevails..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9983945/Covid-19-Unvaccinated-Australians-locked-pubs-THREE-WEEKS-NSW.html

Vader
13-09-2021, 02:20 PM
UK scraps covid passports...

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/england-set-to-scrap-covid-19-vaccine-passport-plan-ahead-of-european-winter/952ae779-4e67-4438-b680-1275ecd8e89d

And in NSW , vaccine passports will only be in place for for 3 weeks.. Common sense prevails..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9983945/Covid-19-Unvaccinated-Australians-locked-pubs-THREE-WEEKS-NSW.html

Gladys dismissed that dannyboy as rubbish.

dannyboy
13-09-2021, 03:45 PM
Gladys dismissed that dannyboy as rubbish.

Believe what you will.. Time will tell

Vader
13-09-2021, 04:21 PM
Believe what you will.. Time will tell

She said it today and reinforced it as well in her 11am update.

MisterWhippy
13-09-2021, 05:14 PM
We can see what's happening overseas. Delta rips like wildfire through any society that reopens. We'll all get it sooner or later, it's a matter of time. And there are new strains coming...

The first rounds of vaccination are essential for giving us a degree of immunity to this new disease none of us have experienced. (Anti-vaxxers are going to do it real hard, they'll suffer badly for their ignorance/obstinacy.)

But it will become endemic, similar to the flu where we all have some resistance from past exposure, yet still need annual vaccines.

So in the same way that there's no "flu passport", the case for a COVID passport will fade, that's my prediction.

rooter
13-09-2021, 06:22 PM
Lockdowns, border closures, mass testing and screening, mass vaccination campaigns, vaccine passports are all good measures in the short term for minimising harm, but in the long run covid will just become part of the landscape like colds and flus.
People will learn to live with it and occasionally some will die with it

CountryPunter
14-09-2021, 12:10 AM
It will be interesting to see what happens in Western Australia.

Stories floating around that the WA govt is talking about vac passports being required for all manner of things. Sporting events, concerts, hospitality venues and many more.

I've got a brother that lives in Perth. Haven't seen him for 2yrs. We're both fully vaccinated but the way the WA govt is keeping their border shut it could be quite a while before we can share a beer and have a chat.

dannyboy
14-09-2021, 01:29 AM
It will be interesting to see what happens in Western Australia.

Stories floating around that the WA govt is talking about vac passports being required for all manner of things. Sporting events, concerts, hospitality venues and many more.

I've got a brother that lives in Perth. Haven't seen him for 2yrs. We're both fully vaccinated but the way the WA govt is keeping their border shut it could be quite a while before we can share a beer and have a chat.

McGowan already said they probably won't open until after Easter next year...

GoldfishMan
14-09-2021, 06:07 AM
McGowan already said they probably won't open until after Easter next year...
Well, secession has always been a topic that's hung around WA. They even had a referendum on it that was actually successful, they just never did it. Maybe now is their chance. If they do, Australia is probably fucked... Bye bye iron ore exports!

Ziggurat
16-09-2021, 12:06 AM
Where is Porkbarilaro getting his hair cut? His haircut wth its fussy little just so tuft would need a lot of regular professional maintenance. Haridressers being close contacts are not allowed. Are lockdown rules being broken somewhere here?

dannyboy
16-09-2021, 02:35 PM
Where is Porkbarilaro getting his hair cut? His haircut wth its fussy little just so tuft would need a lot of regular professional maintenance. Haridressers being close contacts are not allowed. Are lockdown rules being broken somewhere here?

Rules don't apply to politicians