PDA

View Full Version : General talk What do you do for a living? How has corvid lockdown affected your job?

zoozilla
04-09-2021, 06:42 PM
What do you do for a living? How has corvid lockdown affected your job?

warwick1
04-09-2021, 06:51 PM
What do you do for a living? How has corvid lockdown affected your job?

Nothing, I'm rich.....:grimace:

Climax598
04-09-2021, 07:04 PM
I m a punters and rich. This covid did not affect my income infact it saved me money and income increase. The things that was affected is I can't travel overseas and visit my regular less.
Zoo, what do you do for a living? Are you still at high school.

zoozilla
04-09-2021, 07:43 PM
I m a punters and rich. This covid did not affect my income infact it saved me money and income increase. The things that was affected is I can't travel overseas and visit my regular less.
Zoo, what do you do for a living? Are you still at high school.

I am a photographer: Mainly product shoots, fashion. interior and sometimes glamour.

Corwid lockdown has affected my job in some ways as I can't travel beyond 5KM for location shoots. However the clients mostly send products to me to photograph in my studio setup at home. I still have enough jobs to keep busy with.

Climax598
04-09-2021, 07:56 PM
I am a photographer: Mainly product shoots, fashion. interior and sometimes glamour.

Corwid lockdown has affected my job in some ways as I can't travel beyond 5KM for location shoots. However the clients mostly send products to me to photograph in my studio setup at home. I still have enough jobs to keep busy with.
What's cameras do you use?

wilisno
04-09-2021, 08:11 PM

A Kodak Brownie of course ! ;) ;) ;)

zoozilla
04-09-2021, 08:51 PM

Canon 550D, 5D and 5D MKII.

JJBlows
04-09-2021, 09:46 PM
I do industrial refrigeration and last year covid made me make an absolute killing in income, I was up there with what senior level managers make and I only did a 4 yr apprenticeship 🤣🤣

But this year it hasn't been to bad, the initial construction ban resulted in knee jerk reactions from customers about access to site so I had 3 week off but now the place is slowly opening back up to workers so im only doing odd 4 days weeks here and there apart from service calls /after hours call outs

One thing I am grateful right now is my mates and family are office workers so they are stuck at home where as I have the luxury off travelling about all over Sydney and getting some fresh air for work

zoozilla
04-09-2021, 11:26 PM
Covid has brought many businesses online. When they go online they need photos. I have been busier than before. But prices seem to stay stagnant.

james912
05-09-2021, 01:02 AM
Just wondering dont ppl get about 3k per month from the Covid support scheme?

the_boss_king
05-09-2021, 01:10 AM
im a jack of all trades but a master at none

Johnisfun1969
06-09-2021, 11:09 AM
I do industrial refrigeration and last year covid made me make an absolute killing in income, I was up there with what senior level managers make and I only did a 4 yr apprenticeship 🤣🤣

But this year it hasn't been to bad, the initial construction ban resulted in knee jerk reactions from customers about access to site so I had 3 week off but now the place is slowly opening back up to workers so im only doing odd 4 days weeks here and there apart from service calls /after hours call outs

One thing I am grateful right now is my mates and family are office workers so they are stuck at home where as I have the luxury off travelling about all over Sydney and getting some fresh air for work

Good on you. Refrigeration technician is a trade in demand in Australia. The industrial refrigeration even more. Anyhow in winter months there are fewer breakdowns. I used to work in the refrigeration industry but now I am in the Fire industry. It’s been slow for my company but we are one of the lucky ones who can still travel and visit customer. Most of my customers still want to see me as they need things for compliance and cannot out them off. I feel sorry for the hospitality, hair dressers, nail clinics who relied on foot traffic.

Johnisfun1969
06-09-2021, 11:11 AM
Covid has brought many businesses online. When they go online they need photos. I have been busier than before. But prices seem to stay stagnant.

That’s interesting. Maybe we can do some business. I am looking to catalogue our company’s products. There maybe 100 items. Can you DM me.

krnboy
06-09-2021, 11:13 AM
Worked for a stockbroker and kept me busy

tpol
06-09-2021, 09:07 PM
I'm not doing so well.i look after this old codg's plane and he hasn't been flying so I'm not needed. He spends all his money on w/l and I get jealous

GoldfishMan
06-09-2021, 09:37 PM
I'm an IT guy... I design, build and oversee solutions in a big corporation. WFH is always an option so no loss of income. Also lockdowns have only resulted in an inability to indulge in my many sins that cost $$, so it's even better. Not so good from a mental health POV though!

JJBlows
06-09-2021, 10:42 PM
I'm not doing so well.i look after this old codg's plane and he hasn't been flying so I'm not needed. He spends all his money on w/l and I get jealous

You working for Warwick?

GoldfishMan
06-09-2021, 10:52 PM
You working for Warwick?

I was gonna ask the same question!!

reGreYEt
06-09-2021, 11:18 PM
Programmer, absolutely nothing has changed since my team works from home mostly.
Do miss the office life though

kungflu20
06-09-2021, 11:49 PM
Working from home now, nothing has changed at. Saving heaps of $$$ to blow after ;)

warwick1
15-04-2023, 12:17 PM

Who does this sound like.............Sibon/Double Adapter/Fifita/Beergut/Gimmesome and a host of others and he got banned because of his vile attitude towards women.......I have made mistakes but this guy is a cretin.....