PDA

View Full Version : General talk Article about dating older men.

asiafever
27-09-2021, 12:42 PM
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/relationships/dating/jana-hocking-on-how-dating-an-older-man-put-her-off-dating-apps/news-story/1f0866356f531bbd0aaf0d62837d339d

Not a lot of substance to the article, just a personal experience of the author, but I relate to it from the other side of the coin and it's worth thinking about for those of us the far side of 40.

Johnisfun1969
28-09-2021, 07:35 AM
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/relationships/dating/jana-hocking-on-how-dating-an-older-man-put-her-off-dating-apps/news-story/1f0866356f531bbd0aaf0d62837d339d

Not a lot of substance to the article, just a personal experience of the author, but I relate to it from the other side of the coin and it's worth thinking about for those of us the far side of 40.

I would not get carried away with this article. She is a journalist and regularly writes article for the newspaper. This is another topic she is covering. Well older men will be more financially stable and settled perhaps being of different generation have better etiquette and even open the door for the girl buy flowers and be more romantic. But does not mean your 20 year old girls will start chasing you. :cool2:😜😉

rooter
28-09-2021, 07:51 AM
She’s just a hack.
Next month she will write an article about the joy of dating younger men.

asiafever
28-09-2021, 09:53 AM
Look it's hardly journalistic gold, no arguments there.
Financially stable, yes. She alluded to the fact the guy has money. Dance floor set up in his house, her and her friends piled in to multiple taxis to head to his place, so not a small group, dude isn't living in a studio in Shalvey clearly. Etiquette, romantic, etc there may be something to that.

My last 2 relationships both girls were half my age, both said they were not interested in, or perhaps more accurately, sick of guys their own age and their "lack of emotional intelligence" (their words not mine.) Sure I would try to look after them a bit, but more often than not they would insist on paying their share. Perhaps it's a phase some 20-somethings go through, preferring dinner, wine and conversation over bars/clubs, cocktails and inane chat. Not going to lie, I got extremely lucky, so not expecting this to be my new normal BUT it made a very welcome change from friends trying to set me up with their 40-somethings single mum friends.

One of my closest friends has been with a guy 20 years her senior for a couple of years now. She's mid 30's and very attractive and always in demand, I've asked her why she chose him because previously she had a type, tall, fit, tatts, etc, but he's shorter than her, no tatts, etc (though a fantastic guy, he's become one of my closest friends also) The best she could explain it was that he makes her feel like the most important thing in his life, which she is.

So maybe that's it, we tend to be self absorbed and prone to immature behaviour in our younger years and at a point girls want to be with someone who has reached a level of emotional maturity. I read an article on a study that suggests males don't reach full emotional maturity until 43 on average, while women are much earlier at 32.

Riff888
28-09-2021, 12:33 PM
I agree with this.

I'm late 40s now and love dating girls from mid 20s to mid 30s.

I stay away from women over 40 who have been single for years living with only their pets. Just as FWB is okay. I just find them set in their ways.

Younger girls are easily impressed with manners, security, confidence, generosity and a nice car helps as well.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk