PDA

View Full Version : Question What to do now - cashless payment issues

Ease
08-12-2021, 02:03 PM
The dilemma.

Now that we’re buying almost everything via cashless payments - cards phones watches … Going cashless means everything is viewable on our bank statements and means the odd cash withdrawal is very much noticed !

Punting for me is definitely getting tough to hide from my spouse. So the question is, what are we to do

I mean realistically - how can we obscure our hobbie as we have done to now mostly via cash

- my first thought is it would be great if our favourite shops would set up multiple accounts with reasonable business names so it would seem legit - rather than Fay Lim massage, health club or some such with locations registered right where the shop is.

how about red dragon dumplings , JC electrical or TS Office supplies with addresses elsewhere so if its looked into its

Keen to get some realistic ideas
Thanks Bro’s!

andygunn
08-12-2021, 02:20 PM
Just go back to using more cash for things? It is not like it has been banned...

Riff888
08-12-2021, 02:38 PM
Have a salary disbursement into another account at another bank.

Opt in for electronic statements.

Use a PO Box or another address because they will send letters for important stuff.

Hope your partner doesn't look at your payslips.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

asiafever
08-12-2021, 02:47 PM
I have thus far steadfastly refused to go cashless, especially with so many places either charging card fees/transaction fees, or businesses offering cash discounts. Some of my regular restaurants for example have an unwritten cash discount, around 10%. I have no need to hide my transactions but I make sure I always have a supply of cash on me for this reason. Has saved me a few hundred $ this year alone.

aussiegaigin
08-12-2021, 02:58 PM
Get "cash out" when you go shopping. Just a small amount each time so it's not too noticeable. Lose the receipt so she doesn't see it.

GoldfishMan
08-12-2021, 03:00 PM
Take up another “hobby” that needs cash, like gambling, poker with friends, etc. Of course you’re not going to gamble, just say you need the cash for that activity.
Or even better, stand up for yourself and say it’s your own business what you do with your own money.

Ease
08-12-2021, 03:01 PM
Cheers Bro - yes, great suggestion. I had considered this method and might be a good option

Think for me there’s less risk in just taking out the odd smaller withdrawals and Saving up for the punt

The way things are going though I’m keen to look for other means. The more smart ways to do this the better. I get the feeling that cash is king here but would be great to be able to find a way to use credit or debit cards somehow without giving up the game

cuteguy
08-12-2021, 03:42 PM
In a few years time, there will be no cash and only digital currency that will be run by the government. I wonder how punters will punt if this takes place. Will you still punt or will you use some other barter means of payment?

Ease
08-12-2021, 04:05 PM
I have thus far steadfastly refused to go cashless, especially with so many places either charging card fees/transaction fees, or businesses offering cash discounts. Some of my regular restaurants for example have an unwritten cash discount, around 10%. I have no need to hide my transactions but I make sure I always have a supply of cash on me for this reason. Has saved me a few hundred $ this year alone.
Awesome - that’s great advice!

Ease
08-12-2021, 04:08 PM
Get "cash out" when you go shopping. Just a small amount each time so it's not too noticeable. Lose the receipt so she doesn't see it.
Cheers mate - good one ☝️
Best to note that this still shows on the bank statement as cash out seperately to the grocery payment. Would work for some but unfortunately not for my situation as this would quickly get spotted
Cheers !

Ease
08-12-2021, 04:13 PM
Take up another “hobby” that needs cash, like gambling, poker with friends, etc. Of course you’re not going to gamble, just say you need the cash for that activity.
Or even better, stand up for yourself and say it’s your own business what you do with your own money.
Ah another great idea ! Thanks mate

Yeah my situation won’t allow for the stand up for myself approach. A story for another time but I do need to be very careful to maintain my other life

Cheers !

Ease
08-12-2021, 04:20 PM
In a few years time, there will be no cash and only digital currency that will be run by the government. I wonder how punters will punt if this takes place. Will you still punt or will you use some other barter means of payment?

Mate so true - as much as I don’t think it will completely disappear , the reduction in cash transactions is dropping very fast and even now exposes my transactions to the point that it needs explanation, and hence my thread.

we better get some ideas as to how to work with this so we can continue with our way of life if this trend keeps going the way it is
It’s going to effect the industry as well so will be interesting to see if they have (or come up with) any clever ways of dealing with it too

aussiegaigin
08-12-2021, 04:24 PM
Cheers mate - good one ☝️
Best to note that this still shows on the bank statement as cash out seperately to the grocery payment. Would work for some but unfortunately not for my situation as this would quickly get spotted
Cheers !

That's a bummer. I haven't done this for a while, and probably didn't need to take much notice back then.

asiafever
08-12-2021, 04:32 PM
Ok this begs the question, is your.partner an accountant or what the hell did you do to have your activities scrutinised to such an extent?

Cayman
08-12-2021, 04:36 PM
Ok this begs the question, is your.partner an accountant or what the hell did you do to have your activities scrutinised to such an extent?

All it takes is a joint bank account. And nowadays the mobile apps notify both accountholders of any spend.

Personally I go with the small amounts of cash method. I've thought about diverting from the payslips but just asking for trouble if she ever gets suspicious.

I've also been to one WL who accepted crypto!!

Appleofedengarden666
08-12-2021, 04:50 PM
Some shops don't register under "massage" title so still can use your card. I noticed few Thai girls and Filipino girls start trading crypto so can get crypto wallet and you can use it as a payment method too

storry_teller
08-12-2021, 04:52 PM
True. Lot of BBQ restaurants around Chinatown offer cash discount

asiafever
08-12-2021, 05:09 PM
True. Lot of BBQ restaurants around Chinatown offer cash discount

Eastwood and Strathfield also.

A lot of tradies still prefer cash as well.

Jaygee
08-12-2021, 05:21 PM
Why my current partner, I'd no way have a joint acct!! Go the supermarket withdrawal !! A little bit every time . .

asiafever
08-12-2021, 05:33 PM
Why my current partner, I'd no way have a joint acct!! Go the supermarket withdrawal !! A little bit every time . .

I don't do joint accounts, not now not ever.

Sibon
08-12-2021, 05:51 PM
Buy gold and pay the parlours and MLs in gold nuggets.

Ease
08-12-2021, 06:36 PM
All it takes is a joint bank account. And nowadays the mobile apps notify both accountholders of any spend.

Personally I go with the small amounts of cash method. I've thought about diverting from the payslips but just asking for trouble if she ever gets suspicious.

I've also been to one WL who accepted crypto!!

Yeah I’ve been wondering if crypto might be viable - anonymity is one of the reasons it exists after all. Might have a closer look at this

Ease
08-12-2021, 06:37 PM
Buy gold and pay the parlours and MLs in gold nuggets.

:0p. Love it …. That’s … Gold !

Vader
08-12-2021, 06:55 PM
I don't do joint accounts, not now not ever.

Why, every partnership should have separate accounts and one joint one which is used for loans, food, utilities etc.

cuteguy
08-12-2021, 06:57 PM
Yeah I’ve been wondering if crypto might be viable - anonymity is one of the reasons it exists after all. Might have a closer look at this

Didn't China and India ban crypto currency? The government of other countries will follow too.

GoldfishMan
08-12-2021, 06:59 PM
Joint accounts are BS. It’s a great way to screw each other when things go pear shaped or on the way there. I’d rather give my partner a supplementary card for her to splurge even if she’s making dough. I have never and would never agree to such a thing. It’s ridiculous bro. Never ever put yourself in that position.

yowser
08-12-2021, 07:43 PM
Withdraw small amts from ATM over time. Lunch money, boys night out, clothing alteration, dry cleaners, taxi fare, high cc surcharge so I paid with cash, etc

storry_teller
08-12-2021, 07:46 PM
Didn't China and India ban crypto currency? The government of other countries will follow too.
You think they can? They announced things like that many times but the crypto market is still there.

studsg
08-12-2021, 08:11 PM
Didn't China and India ban crypto currency? The government of other countries will follow too.Doesn't matter what China and India do with Crypto. More impt what USA and Aus (that blindly follows the US) do and that is allow Crypto, currently unregulated. If it makes money, even if it increases money laundering, fraud, financial crimes, etc. you can be sure Wall Street and Aus Banks will be on it. CBA is already planning to start selling Crypto too [emoji6]

Vader
09-12-2021, 10:16 AM
Joint accounts are BS. It’s a great way to screw each other when things go pear shaped or on the way there. I’d rather give my partner a supplementary card for her to splurge even if she’s making dough. I have never and would never agree to such a thing. It’s ridiculous bro. Never ever put yourself in that position.

Just about every marriage guidance service will tell you it is best to have separate accounts and one joint account for bills. Plus a lawyer will tell you it is a no brainer. Don't understand why you are so paranoid.

Ease
09-12-2021, 11:25 AM
Just about every marriage guidance service will tell you it is best to have separate accounts and one joint account for bills. Plus a lawyer will tell you it is a no brainer. Don't understand why you are so paranoid.

Sure would have made my situation easier if I did this from the start ! Unfortunately if I go there now it would be giving the game away
For me (and I suspect a good percentage of others - but not all for sure) we need to look to cash or other obscured methods

rooter
09-12-2021, 01:40 PM
As I have said before it's best to go back to good old fashioned barter.
You bring in some fresh veggies from the garden, some firewood you chopped, some fresh eggs, a piglet, a live chicken, a painting you created, a scarf you knitted, a bow and arrow you made, a kangaroo skin.
You do a bit of negotiating and it works well.
Once I exchanged a plough for a ho. That was a pretty good deal. Everyone needs a good ho ... to plough ... and sow some seeds in.
I think we lost a lot of our humanity when we went from hunter gatherers to farmers, and then some more when we went from farmers to industrial workers, and now a lot more as we go from industrial workers to digital/cyber/virtual/hologram/metaverse/cyborgs whatever the fuck we are becoming now ...
We gained a lot too of course. Everything comes at a price.
Enjoy!

mikael66
09-12-2021, 03:12 PM
As I have said before it's best to go back to good old fashioned barter.
You bring in some fresh veggies from the garden, some firewood you chopped, some fresh eggs, a piglet, a live chicken, a painting you created, a scarf you knitted, a bow and arrow you made, a kangaroo skin.
You do a bit of negotiating and it works well.
Once I exchanged a plough for a ho. That was a pretty good deal. Everyone needs a good ho ... to plough ... and sow some seeds in.
I think we lost a lot of our humanity when we went from hunter gatherers to farmers, and then some more when we went from farmers to industrial workers, and now a lot more as we go from industrial workers to digital/cyber/virtual/hologram/metaverse/cyborgs whatever the fuck we are becoming now ...
We gained a lot too of course. Everything comes at a price.
Enjoy!

:shout: lol. good idea and a good laugh.

EYA06072021
03-03-2022, 08:45 PM
Suggest shops/ girls try Beemit. it's pretty good to use.

HoorayForBoobies
07-03-2022, 11:39 PM
Tell your partner you want cash in your wallet because you hate CC transaction fees.

Especially if you’re buying a coffee here or there, lunches during the week, going out for dinner.

Easy to say you spent money on lunch when it is actually put towards your massage stash.

bigeasy
08-03-2022, 11:13 AM
Suggest shops/ girls try Beemit. it's pretty good to use.

You still need to link an account to Beem it

cuteguy
08-03-2022, 08:23 PM
:0p. Love it …. That’s … Gold !

You can't carry gold nuggets around. The price of gold would be more than what the girl would charge at the shop.

priapus1966
09-03-2022, 06:16 PM
The assumption that crypto currencies are necessarily confidential is not always true, as is assumed in some posts. Some folks need to google "Crypto for Dummies" to find out the basics on why/when they are good and why/when not.