PDA

View Full Version : General talk Covid and punting

CharlieM
24-12-2021, 02:42 PM
Ok, so since the amount of new Covid infections has surpassed 5000 per day. Have been mulling over a few scenarios that are more than likely to happen with such a high rate of infection. Was gonna have my last punt this arvo but have decided against it as per usual I tend to overthink these things. Was wondering what would others do in these circumstances.

Circumstance 1. You go for a punt this arvo. On Sunday you don't feel so well. You go get tested and yes its a positive result. Obviously your family, friends, spouse or partner asks where you've been. Do you tell them or the authorities? Obviously you haven't checked in to the shop with a QR code.

Circumstance 2. You go for a punt this arvo. Tonight you don't feel so well. Tomorrow you get tested and yes its positive. You know for sure you didn't get it at the shop you visited but may have got it from someone at the Xmas party the night before. Do you try to contact the shop and tell them you may have infected the ML you saw at their shop and then risk that they will pass on your details to the authorities?

What would you do? Also has this happened to anyone? No need to name shops here just your experience and how you handled it. Im sure if these scenarios havn't happened, they will in the future.

Double_Adapter
24-12-2021, 03:11 PM
Merry Christmas Mr CharlieM and a great question.
I would be inclined to consider the impact Omicron might have on any of your plans.
Eg If you get Covid you are supposed to sit it out for 7-10 days which means it will fuck up your Boxing Day and New Year Eve celebrations/plans. Notwithstanding that you’ve also fucked up all your close contacts celebrations and holiday plans. The Government has shortened the booster jab wait period to 4 months starting from Jan 4th, so if you are now eligible to get it early Jan you might fuck the booster as well.

CharlieM
24-12-2021, 04:07 PM
Merry Christmas Mr CharlieM and a great question.
I would be inclined to consider the impact Omicron might have on any of your plans.
Eg If you get Covid you are supposed to sit it out for 7-10 days which means it will fuck up your Boxing Day and New Year Eve celebrations/plans. Notwithstanding that you’ve also fucked up all your close contacts celebrations and holiday plans. The Government has shortened the booster jab wait period to 4 months starting from Jan 4th, so if you are now eligible to get it early Jan you might fuck the booster as well.

Merry Christmas to you too Mr Double_Adapter. What your saying goes without saying. Of course I would isolate and it would be a lonely holiday period for sure... And if "Scenario 1" were to happen, how much of a cunt would you be if you passed it on to family and friends XMAS Day.

Vader
24-12-2021, 06:09 PM
Merry Christmas to you too Mr Double_Adapter. What your saying goes without saying. Of course I would isolate and it would be a lonely holiday period for sure... And if "Scenario 1" were to happen, how much of a cunt would you be if you passed it on to family and friends XMAS Day.

You answered your own question Charlie