PDA

View Full Version : General talk Will punting cost increase due to current Russia and Ukraine situation

Carissawhore
08-03-2022, 11:52 PM
Prices are going to raise during war, oil, regular commodities and anything you want to buy will cost lot more, this will eventually trickle down to punting cost.

muni7ad
09-03-2022, 09:24 AM
And many punters will have less spending money so there may be less demand for services. Would depend on if prices then drop to be more competitive or if workers leave the industry due to not making money and those remaining then charge more.

warwick1
09-03-2022, 09:41 AM
The cost of "punting" is the last thing I would worry about...........

rooter
09-03-2022, 10:01 AM
When 10,000 blonde, buxom, leggy Ukrainian wenches arrive here that will change everything:)
“Well the Ukraine girls really knock me out, they leave the West behind.
And Moscow girls make me sing and shout, that Georgia’s always on my mind”

aussiegaigin
09-03-2022, 10:56 AM
Some of your punting money might be needed to fill up the fuel tank of your car.

Sibon
09-03-2022, 12:54 PM
Some of your punting money might be needed to fill up the fuel tank of your car.

How true. Condom prices may escalate to the extent we have to use goat skins for protection.

yowser
09-03-2022, 06:19 PM
Covid already increased the cost of punting

GoldfishMan
09-03-2022, 07:43 PM
I reckon it will increase the cost, because the cost of living for all the people involved in the supply side will have increased just like everyone else. They will need more money to maintain a certain level of lifestyle.
It’s not in our control. However, what we can do is try to earn more money ourselves. Look for a new job with better pay, get a significant raise at your current work place, etc. They can pass on the extra living costs, we shouldn’t you be able to do that too?

daty2022
09-03-2022, 09:34 PM
I reckon it will increase the cost, because the cost of living for all the people involved in the supply side will have increased just like everyone else. They will need more money to maintain a certain level of lifestyle.
It’s not in our control. However, what we can do is try to earn more money ourselves. Look for a new job with better pay, get a significant raise at your current work place, etc. They can pass on the extra living costs, we shouldn’t you be able to do that too? A regular ML I see just told me she bought a new hand bag from Prada yesterday, so I am not too worried about her lifestyle problems.

priapus1966
10-03-2022, 12:30 AM
A fresh cohort of overseas students will have way more impact on the supply/price of talent which seems a bit modest at present. With borders opening slowly, hopefully there will be a similar influx of backpacker talent in the months ahead. I was in the UK when they Brexited, a fair number of the Eastern Europeans went home, but the locals, the black, and the Bangla girls took up the slack. In fact the only complaint I heard was from those girls that too many of the Poles and Romanians came back too soon.

rooter
10-03-2022, 05:17 AM
I usually sniff petrol to get high and have extra energy before a punt.
I usually sniff the really good stuff.
If petrol prices keep going up I will have to sniff the cheaper stuff or even have to use kerosene which is even cheaper.

hogansheros_breakout
10-03-2022, 03:20 PM
out of date now..

krnboy
11-03-2022, 06:54 AM
High petrol prices will only make consumers turn to EV. There's only a finite amount of oil. When the increase of interest rates happen, your punting money will go into either your increased home loan repayments or increased rents. Can never win in this situation

hogansheros_breakout
11-03-2022, 08:28 AM
out of date now..

Pirate8
11-03-2022, 08:37 AM
It’s not in our control. However, what we can do is try to earn more money ourselves. Look for a new job with better pay, get a significant raise at your current work place, etc. They can pass on the extra living costs, we shouldn’t you be able to do that too?

I agree it has already gone up....
And now it will go up again

Aphantom
14-03-2022, 01:24 AM
A fresh cohort of overseas students will have way more impact on the supply/price of talent which seems a bit modest at present. With borders opening slowly, hopefully there will be a similar influx of backpacker talent in the months ahead. I was in the UK when they Brexited, a fair number of the Eastern Europeans went home, but the locals, the black, and the Bangla girls took up the slack. In fact the only complaint I heard was from those girls that too many of the Poles and Romanians came back too soon.

There’s already been a large exodus of young Ukrainian females. The countries receiving them will likely have a drop in prices. H who knows, they might even filter down under eventually