PDA

View Full Version : Question First time BKK - Logistics question

HappyCamper2020
28-03-2022, 09:09 AM
Hello everyone!

I posted about my first experiences in the Perth thread and now that things are opening, I'm heading to Bangkok in April. If you have questions about the paperwork, let me know. Thailand pass got approved yesterday, so I'm ready to go.

I haven't booked hotel for when I leave the Test and Go hotel, still plenty of time.

My question is, do the bar girls and freelancers have access to rooms / have their own rooms or are there rooms you can book for an hour or so? I am thinking of staying in a hotel a bit away from the action, but not sure if that is practical.

Basically if you walk around and see someone you like but your hotel is far away, are there options?

Thank you and will report back when I arrive :)

OLD SNAKE
29-03-2022, 12:56 PM
what I've been doing is watching the latest videos on Bangkok nightlife, nothing over 1 week old, to get a feel for the atmosphere,
you know the type where people just walk around and talk about random crap, but its what's going on in the background that has my attention,
a lot of massage shops, bars have private upstairs rooms, used for boom boom occasions,
but for freelancers you need to find out what they are doing because during the day they are doing short time and only longtime over night, so you most likely have to bring them back to your room,
and if you pick up a something you like, he, she or in-between catch a cab they are not that expensive if you a bit of a distance away.

but in terms of accommodation choose a hotel/Airbnb next to transport and close to the action you are looking for,

HappyCamper2020
29-03-2022, 08:08 PM
Ahh that makes sense :)

Happy to go with the upstairs room to get a feel for everything. I can always rent another room near by once I have seen everything first hand.

Leaving in a week, so excited!

4FoW2
29-03-2022, 09:20 PM
Hello everyone!
I posted about my first experiences in the Perth thread and now that things are opening, I'm heading to Bangkok in April. If you have questions about the paperwork, let me know. Thailand pass got approved yesterday, so I'm ready to go.
I haven't booked hotel for when I leave the Test and Go hotel, still plenty of time.
My question is, do the bar girls and freelancers have access to rooms / have their own rooms or are there rooms you can book for an hour or so? I am thinking of staying in a hotel a bit away from the action, but not sure if that is practical.
Basically if you walk around and see someone you like but your hotel is far away, are there options?
Thank you and will report back when I arrive :)
Yes there are short time rooms available but don't recommend. I recommend not to go back to their rooms for a variety of reasons. Taxis etc are cheap but why would you stay far from the action??? are you worried about perception? why pay for cost of ST room when you have your room available??The beauty of staying around the red light areas is ease of access and proximity.
When you are OS its important to control as much as you can. She comes back to your room. Remember you have hotel security if things go pear shaped too. Check their joiner policy or possible fees.
4FoW2

Tlito
29-03-2022, 11:01 PM
I stay at Discovery Soi 6 in Pattaya…great breakfast for 2 every morning over looking the beach…
Funny I walk up the Soi every day and 6/1 is known for its lady boys…wow they are gorgeous…next time I go I think I might cross them off the list of things to do…

Pick up a nice girl on beach road have a nice breakfast with her and then wander up the road for a nice massage ..
Then repeat…
Have a few times met a hot bar girl and gone to a short time room…they are ok …if push comes to ….?

OLD SNAKE
30-03-2022, 04:28 AM
Hotel prices are so cheap in Pattaya right now, i would splurge on a 5 star hotel, plus eating pussy every day becomes a chore not a pleasure,

drifter
30-03-2022, 09:17 AM
How much are you budgeting on hotels?

OLD SNAKE
30-03-2022, 01:51 PM
After international flights expenses, i always have a $10K budget for the month, but never ever spend anywhere near that,
it is to cover hospital emergency money, travel insurance, hotels, domestic flights, food, drinks, shopping, transport, and of course entertainment,
after jumping on hotels combined i found $50 a night gets you a very decent hotel, but $100 a night gets you a room at a 5* hotel like Pattaya Modus Beachfront Resort
i always choose a hotel room in a central location with breakfast included that way i can walk everywhere, and take fruit from breakfast to have for lunch,
so i think $200 a day is playing it safe,

HappyCamper2020
30-03-2022, 05:44 PM
Hotel prices are so cheap in Pattaya right now, i would splurge on a 5 star hotel, plus eating pussy every day becomes a chore not a pleasure,

How much are you budgeting on hotels?

Yea that's what I've been thinking, spend a bit more and get something really nice.

OLD SNAKE
31-03-2022, 11:00 AM
Glad i can help, Happycamper2020,
back in 2005 stayed at the BayBreeze Hotel in Pattaya, it was a dump at $25 per night, but the place was like a revolving door for girls, not once did the staff stop and ask the girls for any ID, so you took the risk of getting robbed, plus the staff where just rude asking everyone for tips, and also there where a lot of shady people always around, but the one thing i hated the most was there wasn't anywhere to chill out and relax,
that's why i now prefer to spend extra on rooms,

Also a tip, carry a negative result Covid Rapid test kit with you, as Omicron has spread everywhere,
my friend who use to be a Banker in Sydney now living in Thailand caught it on a flight from Chiang Mai to Bangkok last weekend,

02-04-2022, 01:10 PM
Really good info here

cuteguy
02-04-2022, 02:12 PM
If you're going to enjoy your time in Thailand why not book good or decent accommodation. It shouldn't be very expensive to find such places. I really don't understand some guys going over and finding cheap accommodation and then complaining it didnt meet their expectations while being able to spend lots of cash on the girls and booze. Do some research before making any bookings. Think about yourself first so you're not staying in a dump hotel before you go punting in Thailand.

OLD SNAKE
02-04-2022, 03:20 PM
cuteguy before covid, a lot of decent hotels weren't guest friendly and the security guards try blackmailing you, if you try bringing an asian girl back to your room especially if you're a Farang, that's why budget hotels where popular for sex tourist.
so next holiday to Thailand, find out if the hotel is guest friendly and doesn't charge you any extra for bring a guest back with you.

Tlito
02-04-2022, 06:20 PM
cuteguy before covid, a lot of decent hotels weren't guest friendly and the security guards try blackmailing you, if you try bringing an asian girl back to your room especially if you're a Farang, that's why budget hotels where popular for sex tourist.
so next holiday to Thailand, find out if the hotel is guest friendly and doesn't charge you any extra for bring a guest back with you.
Don’t agree with you here Mate ..please don’t give false information…
I only stay in4 star or more accomodation…
Never had a problem..other than I had to pay for my second girls breakfast …one girl was free …
Your comments are not even close IMO …
Any other punters ever had trouble …

4FoW2
02-04-2022, 07:18 PM
Firstly most hotels ARE guest friendly but I always email them for their joiner policy and get it in writing so there are no issues.
As Tito says never had an issue in Thailand but then haven't stayed in every hotel ..maybe Marriot or Hilton might have stricter joiner rooms but they would be stupid to do this and the security gaurd would be risking his job also stupid.
If your smart you get on the good side of security, bell boys etc - they can be helpful if you want to chuck a girl out or if there are issues or if you want intel.
Was staying at Park Plaza near Term 21 and gave sec guard 50 baht as a thankyou - he went around showing his mates and couldn't stop smiling.
4Fow2

kingwally
02-04-2022, 07:54 PM
Glad i can help, Happycamper2020,
back in 2005 stayed at the BayBreeze Hotel in Pattaya, it was a dump at $25 per night, but the place was like a revolving door for girls, not once did the staff stop and ask the girls for any ID, so you took the risk of getting robbed, plus the staff where just rude asking everyone for tips, and also there where a lot of shady people always around, but the one thing i hated the most was there wasn't anywhere to chill out and relax,
that's why i now prefer to spend extra on rooms,

Also a tip, carry a negative result Covid Rapid test kit with you, as Omicron has spread everywhere,
my friend who use to be a Banker in Sydney now living in Thailand caught it on a flight from Chiang Mai to Bangkok last weekend,
I stay at the Baybreeze every time for the last 12 years or so, and I fucking love the place and the staff. It may be old but the location is brilliant...close to so many bars and massage joints...it is a 15 minute stroll to Walking Street, 5 minutes to LKMetro, 2 minutes to beach road, and 5 minutes baht bus to Soi 6 (blowjob street}. They have a reasonable pool on the 3rd floor that is very relaxing and partly shaded. Great place for the monger.

OLD SNAKE
02-04-2022, 07:55 PM
Kingwally, got to agree it was a great hotel for the boys trip at the time, especially if you where single, and the location was close to everything, Also the hairdresser down the lane next door, found out she study in Australia, also there was a great massage shop a few shops down the lane opposite the hotel,
but we all know staff always change and when they only get minimum wage, they have to try and get many tips anyway possible, i just don't like people asking directly for a tip,
The guys i travelled with also stated they like this hotel because it was hassle free and had stayed there a number of times before hand, they had stayed at nicer hotels before, but got sick of security and staff harassing them every time they brought a girl back with them, asking for a so call visitors fee,

Lookha
02-04-2022, 08:06 PM
There are lots of hotel options with all kinds of prices close to the action. Don’t stay too far away from the nightspots unless you have too. There are good deals on many hotels in Bangkok at the moment, Girls often ask about the location your hotel. They are practical. Many want to return to the bar and get another customer. Most girls want a short time engagement. If you really hit off with the lady, then long stay could work or better.. a repeat night including dinner. Stay somewhere close to Sukhumvit Road near Nana or Cowboy. Hotels have a range of prices.

It depends on your budget. There are plenty of medium level hotels. Not expensive at the moment. The girls will be able to get through the front door of the hotel if they show their ID. Be careful of your belongings but don’t be paranoid. Many hotels are used to “massage ladies” from agencies or girls from Smooci paying room visits.

I have been to Thailand many times. I was in Bangkok in February and I’m there again this month…for a little work, golf and going to nightspots.

You will enjoy Thailand and I look forward to the post report.

Tlito
03-04-2022, 06:28 PM
am back in July..
Any mail from punters there atm will be greatly appreciated …
Probably start at Bangkok for a week ..then a week in Pattaya back to Bangkok to finish…
How is it looking

OLD SNAKE
03-04-2022, 10:42 PM
Tilto just go straight to Pattaya from the airport, hire a chauffeur driven vehicle, a toyota Camry should be around $1700 baht
a crazy Red bull hyped up death racer cab driver is $1500 Baht
spend about 9/10 days in Pattaya, than the rest of your time in Bangkok,

last time i was in Thailand i spent one night in Bangkok at a airport hotel,, next day got the connection flight to Koh Samui for 10 days than a flight to Chiang Mai for a week, than 4 days in Bangkok,

Tlito
04-04-2022, 08:45 AM
Thanks Snake…
Yes I will probably head straight for Pattaya it is always fun..stay at discovery nice and close and on Soi 6 so not far from lots of action…my last taxi driver from Pattaya to airport kept falling asleep was a scary ride…
Any easy tips for pass and news on testing would be appreciated …
Also insurance tips…I always get insurance any way but just a bit more careful now…

OLD SNAKE
04-04-2022, 11:51 AM
Tilto great question on travel insurance www.smartraveller.gov.au › CHOICE-travel-insu.... :www.thaiembassy.com › travel-to-thailand › cov....webloc
but also read up on www.homeaffairs.gov.au entering and exiting Australia

Ive used Australian Post for Travel Insurance, because the credit cards i have are in the company name and not personal, so i don't get the complimentary travel insurance from them.
also i would be sneaky and keep a few negative reading RAT in the pocket, just incase you do catch something, but i read up testing did cost around $160 at the airport in Thailand before,

Tlito
04-04-2022, 12:10 PM
Thanks heaps for the advice Snake

OLD SNAKE
04-04-2022, 12:42 PM
Glad i can help Tilto,
but you know the rules are always changing, so stay up to date,

drifter
04-04-2022, 01:18 PM
Years ago I remember seeing an ad from a gogo club regarding transportation from the airport to Pattaya. It was a van with a bed, drinks etc and a girl.

Tlito
04-04-2022, 01:34 PM
Glad i can help Tilto,
but you know the rules are always changing, so stay up to date,

Talk about changing…was going to book flights for June from Brisbane to Bangkok 2 days ago….plenty of direct flights …
850 dollars now today no direct flights and the cheapest is 1450 dollars …
Every man and his dog has the same idea I think…
I now have to fly from Gold Coast to Melbourne to Bangkok…
Don’t wait if you are thinking of getting tickets ….they will be thousands …

Tlito
04-04-2022, 01:37 PM
Years ago I remember seeing an ad from a gogo club regarding transportation from the airport to Pattaya. It was a van with a bed, drinks etc and a girl.

Yes I have seen this service somewhere too…I might spoil myself…
Might be the last time I can get away for a while and the world is a weird place so going to write a list of things I have never done and try them all …
First has something to do with a ladyboy who hassled me relentlessly last trip in Soi 6/1 Pattaya….

OLD SNAKE
04-04-2022, 02:03 PM
Tilto as soon as you have got your plane ticket book your accommodations too, they will also increase in price,

i have a funny story about ladyboys, i was walking along the Beach Walk path heading north away from walking street and towards the end came across 2 ladyboys who didn't speak but gave me the sucky sucky signal, i just shook my head and kept going, on the way back there was a commotion police where everywhere, apparently they robbed and bashed a tourist who fell for their bait, that's why its wise to stay away from ladyboys as they do drug and rob a lot of tourist, better off finding a Thai girl that does anal.

HappyCamper2020
25-04-2022, 05:15 PM
Thanks for all the tips, here is my after report :D

http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread.php?106959-First-time-overseas-first-time-Bangkok

Lookha
27-04-2022, 10:23 PM
Good report. Thank you.

I am now in Bangkok. Last night some mates and I hit the bars and we had a good time. Today I went to Tulip Massage at Thong Lor. Don’t let the appearance of the shop put you off. The older lady that I picked, certainly knew what she was doing. My friend has recommended the PSE here but today I didn’t go for it. The MLs and WLs in Bangkok and Pattaya have had very lean times so they are very very keen and are very service oriented. In contrast the ladies in Australia have had it good for a while so one needs to be picky.

OLD SNAKE
27-04-2022, 11:31 PM
lookha don't forget to post a budget report on what you are spending money on, and just in general the cost of tings, a lot of us will be over there in less than a month

Lookha
28-04-2022, 09:24 AM
Will do.

Some other must do’s. “Addicts massage” near Sukhumvit 24 is terrific. Proper rooms and bath. The massage shops on the same streets are excellent, the girls are very cute and are greatly wanting to please the customer.

Last night, after an active day, where I skipped the massage, I was wanting a straight massage on either Sukhumvit Soi 22 or Sukhumvit Soi 23. I asked a few cute ladies sitting at the front of the shops but they would not do just a straight massage. They make their money only on hand jobs and FS. When negotiating for body to body, make sure that it’s not just a titty rub. It’s a buyers market here at the moment.

I always stay around the Asok BTS. It’s close to the Soi Cowboy Bar area, the Nana Plaza area (quite a few bars are now open in Nana), close to massage areas and even Patpong if you are interested in seeing something of the past.

Most hotels will politely check the ID of your visitor …they say for your security. Talk with the desk manager about procol. It’s normally the night time baggage guys at the front who do the stopping and directing. Get on good terms with them.

A web site that you might look at is called Pattaya Addicts. It has some similarity with Ausforum and it also covers Bangkok. You have to do some navigation to get into the right areas.

Last night, after a big night the day before, and a big day yesterday, I went to a restaurant on Sukhumvit called Penalty Spot. Standard restaurant with a average band. There were some cute ladies together. They are pickups based at the restaurants…take away service. Of course for the younger punters, there are excellent short term opportunities on the dating websites here.

OLD SNAKE
28-04-2022, 12:50 PM
thanks for the good feedback LooKha

Lookha
28-04-2022, 08:54 PM
Some costs. Costs will vary.

Tulip 1800 baht for one hour plus 200 tip
Bar girl 3000 baht short time 5000 long time baht (2 shots)
Oil massage 400 for one hour extras NHJ 500 - 1000
Short time hotel ?
My regular hotel 1500
Thermae ?
Street girl ?

Lookha
29-04-2022, 10:54 AM
Last night at Rainbow at Nana Plaza, 2 girls said they would go with me together. Bar fine would be 700 each plus 3000 each for short time. They also said no condom. I passed and went somewhere else. Then I went to Whiskey A Go Go…. left because the girls were not relaxed and a bit up-front…but they were very cute. Then went to a bar on Soi Cowboy that had a very good rock band. All good. Two bars at each end of Cowboy have good rock bands. One of these has good WLs.

cuteguy
30-04-2022, 12:45 AM
Last night at Rainbow at Nana Plaza, 2 girls said they would go with me together. Bar fine would be 700 each plus 3000 each for short time. They also said no condom. I passed and went somewhere else. Then I went to Whiskey A Go Go…. left because the girls were not relaxed and a bit up-front…but they were very cute. Then went to a bar on Soi Cowboy that had a very good rock band. All good. Two bars at each end of Cowboy have good rock bands. One of these has good WLs.

No condom? They must be desperate. While you passed, imagine how many other guys would have taken up their offer. Were the girls offering double lesbian show?

Lazor Zap
30-04-2022, 04:17 AM
How long will you be in Bangkok for mate im in Pattaya now ill be in Bangkok on Tuesday the 3rd May i usually stay at Nana Hotel im keen to hit the town ive been here 4 weeks 2 more weeks untill i fly home

Rodman
01-05-2022, 01:48 AM
Do many guys go there on their own ?

Lookha
01-05-2022, 04:09 PM
I will go to Isaan on Tuesday for a few days. Pre-arranged

Lazor Zap
02-05-2022, 03:42 AM
Do many guys go there on their own ?

ive been many times on my own and im actually in Pattaya right now on my own, mates from Sydney flew home last week, going to Bangkok on Tuesday on my own. you can go into any bar and its easy to meet people when your with a few mates it can be hard to leave certain bars as some guys want to stay and some want to go to other bars. definitely a safe place to go on your own

Tlito
02-05-2022, 08:48 AM
I am going over with a Mate but will spend half the time with my Isaan girl and in Pattaya and Bangkok on my own..it is great to be able to walk around and check out the place and do what you want …Massage soapie street girl …so little many things to do…

cuteguy
02-05-2022, 05:57 PM
ive been many times on my own and im actually in Pattaya right now on my own, mates from Sydney flew home last week, going to Bangkok on Tuesday on my own. you can go into any bar and its easy to meet people when your with a few mates it can be hard to leave certain bars as some guys want to stay and some want to go to other bars. definitely a safe place to go on your own

If you can't find anyone then there's something wrong with you. There are many people that you could meet whether they are Thai girls or ex-pats in bars/restaurants or just moving about.

OLD SNAKE
08-05-2022, 11:25 AM
just a tip for solo travellers, i leave all my important documents, id, credit cards in the hotel safe, and just take a wallet with cash, and a photocopy of my ID, with my WhatsApp number or local sim card number, and the hotel i am staying at written on it, but the most important part i only carry enough cash for the night and what i am willing to loose,

Lookha
09-05-2022, 09:40 PM
Also, take a photocopy of your passport main page. Don’t take original passport

Lookha
09-05-2022, 10:21 PM
Last week on Soi Cowboy, I had a beer inside the bar. I bought a drink for an older lady. Luckily, I was wearing shorts and loose underwear. She kindly gave me a casual, low key, hand job in the bar. I was not even in “naughty boy corner”. I gave her a tip.

cuteguy
10-05-2022, 12:16 AM
Also, take a photocopy of your passport main page. Don’t take original passport

Good advice. Just take photocopy when you go out. You wouldn't want to lose your passport.