PDA

View Full Version : General talk Will Smith Slap

thefatness
30-03-2022, 12:46 AM
Think most people are aware of the events that unfolded the other night at the Oscars. Keen to hear people’s thoughts on this.

Personally I’m very disappointed in Will Smith. What Chris Rock said was out of line and in very poor taste. It’s basic common decency not to make fun of someone’s appearance as a result of a health condition. I don’t think any normal person would laugh or make fun of the baldness of cancer patients going through chemotherapy.

But what Will Smith did was criminal. It was physical assault on another person who wasn’t expecting it. It was, in Aussie terms, a dog act and the open palm equivalent to a king hit or coward punch. I’m seriously baffled that there are people out there coming to his defence. Am I missing something here? The fact that he apologised to everyone but Chris Rock at the event and only to Chris Rock through social media as damage control the bext day shows his true colours and that he was not remorseful of his actions.

I get that it was his wife and that as her husband he had to do something about it to defend her honour. I just think that it would have been a much classier act to have explained on air that his wife suffers from a medical condition and demand an apology from Rock and if the request was refused to simply leave the event with his wife without accepting his award (which he would have received later on anyway).

warwick1
30-03-2022, 12:49 AM
78451......They both had announced a while ago that they had an "open marriage", so it's ok to fuck her but don't mention the "hair"

thefatness
30-03-2022, 01:01 AM
Perhaps you don’t and that’s fair. But I was a big fan of his films and so it’s very disappointing to have seen what unfolded the other day.

The same argument could be made that millions of Aussies have never watched a game of cricket but a thread was started a few weeks ago in reaction to the late Shane Warne’s passing and so “who cares?”.

My point being that it costs nothing to be respectful of others interests.

warwick1
30-03-2022, 01:24 AM
It's a good thing Chris Rock didn't make a joke about Alec Baldwin's wife.........

yug
30-03-2022, 02:10 AM
Think most people are aware of the events that unfolded the other night at the Oscars. Keen to hear people’s thoughts on this.

Personally I’m very disappointed in Will Smith. What Chris Rock said was out of line and in very poor taste. It’s basic common decency not to make fun of someone’s appearance as a result of a health condition. I don’t think any normal person would laugh or make fun of the baldness of cancer patients going through chemotherapy.

I still don't understand why that joke was out of line.
All Chris Rock said is: "Good Luck with GI Jane 2"
He didn't say you look bad as a bald chick; he actually didn't say anything about her looks.
Plus, GI Jane is suppose to be badass chick.
If this joke offends people, how are these weak-a** people gonna take jokes from Louis CK, Bill Burr, Dave Chappelle and all.
It's one of the most toned down joke ever and people are triggered by this?

Plus, the comparison of alapecea with chemo is totally wrong.
Alapecea doesn't kill people; you just lose hair.
Men have been coping it for ages when their friends say: Hey dude, you going all bald as a rock!
You don't see bald men headbutting each other with anger.

The problem here is today's mob.
They all too sensitive looking for reasons to be angry at each other; everybody belongs to some kind group or click or some sh*t.
Everybody's looking to blame each other's inadequacies on others.

That Jada woman repeated cheated on Will with her son's friend and then told straight to his face she doesn't regret at all on national TV.
I mean how much can a man take. That will break any man. And I am sure neither Chris's joke nor protecting the family had to do with any of it.
He is lashing out because he is unstable and at a breaking point.

OLD SNAKE
30-03-2022, 04:20 AM
it was all a publicity stunt, the Smiths are the tabloids cockroaches of America, like Kieren Perkins and his wife are here in Australia,
even tho he won an Oscar, his box-office performance is weak, The movie King Richard cost $50 million to make, but only had a return of $38 million at the box office,
next thing you know his kids will be saying he abuses them behind close doors, but they will protect him by saying it was due to the stress of their mothers medical condition,

Will is nothing but a simp, and he should of slapped the shit out of his wife for putting him up to all this crap, than taken her to Ashley and Martin for a YeaYea women hair treatment package

DayMan69
30-03-2022, 07:08 AM
1. The thing is, Smith laughed at the joke first. Then noticed his wife didn't... so his reaction was all about the shit he would cop at home later that night, and the freezer stares for the next week.
2. Jesus Christ, we are all just so fucking tediously offended beyond belief at every fucking thing. We are becoming a society of toddlers. Bald blokes everywhere should rise up and slap someone each time they hear a bowling ball joke.
3. Assault. Pretty easy definition of what happened.

kingwally
30-03-2022, 07:55 AM
I reckon it was all fake.

halfway
30-03-2022, 08:03 AM
I still don't understand why that joke was out of line.
All Chris Rock said is: "Good Luck with GI Jane 2"
He didn't say you look bad as a bald chick; he actually didn't say anything about her looks.
Plus, GI Jane is suppose to be badass chick.
If this joke offends people, how are these weak-a** people gonna take jokes from Louis CK, Bill Burr, Dave Chappelle and all.
It's one of the most toned down joke ever and people are triggered by this?

Plus, the comparison of alapecea with chemo is totally wrong.
Alapecea doesn't kill people; you just lose hair.
Men have been coping it for ages when their friends say: Hey dude, you going all bald as a rock!
You don't see bald men headbutting each other with anger.

The problem here is today's mob.
They all too sensitive looking for reasons to be angry at each other; everybody belongs to some kind group or click or some sh*t.
Everybody's looking to blame each other's inadequacies on others.

That Jada woman repeated cheated on Will with her son's friend and then told straight to his face she doesn't regret at all on national TV.
I mean how much can a man take. That will break any man. And I am sure neither Chris's joke nor protecting the family had to do with any of it.
He is lashing out because he is unstable and at a breaking point.

Good post Yug. Spot on.

Riff888
30-03-2022, 09:23 AM
I've been a fan of Will Smith since Rock the House album with Jazzy Jeff.

Never really liked Chris Rock's comedy.

I'm disappointed with Will Smith if this wasn't staged. There would have been better ways to deal with it privately.

Chris Rock's public apology was very good but Will Smith should apologise as well.

I suppose he never left West Philly.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

warwick1
30-03-2022, 11:38 AM
1. The thing is, Smith laughed at the joke first. Then noticed his wife didn't... so his reaction was all about the shit he would cop at home later that night, and the freezer stares for the next week.
2. Jesus Christ, we are all just so fucking tediously offended beyond belief at every fucking thing. We are becoming a society of toddlers. Bald blokes everywhere should rise up and slap someone each time they hear a bowling ball joke.
3. Assault. Pretty easy definition of what happened.

cmk76
30-03-2022, 02:08 PM
it was all a publicity stunt, the Smiths are the tabloids cockroaches of America, like Kieren Perkins and his wife are here in Australia,
even tho he won an Oscar, his box-office performance is weak, The movie King Richard cost $50 million to make, but only had a return of $38 million at the box office,
next thing you know his kids will be saying he abuses them behind close doors, but they will protect him by saying it was due to the stress of their mothers medical condition,

Will is nothing but a simp, and he should of slapped the shit out of his wife for putting him up to all this crap, than taken her to Ashley and Martin for a YeaYea women hair treatment package

Yes. A publicity stunt in favour of Chris Rock, who's going on a national comedy tour shortly in the US...

thefatness
30-03-2022, 02:35 PM
For those saying it’s a publicity stunt and it may very well be but I just don’t think Will Smith would do something like this and risk having his award stripped when he was such a favourite to take out best actor. The way he yelled at Chris Rock seemed unscripted and very seriously angry.

DireStraits
30-03-2022, 03:12 PM
For those saying it’s a publicity stunt and it may very well be but I just don’t think Will Smith would do something like this and risk having his award stripped when he was such a favourite to take out best actor. The way he yelled at Chris Rock seemed unscripted and very seriously angry.
Yep, but gotta remember he IS an actor.

Ziggurat
30-03-2022, 05:54 PM
I thought Chris Rock's expression straight afterwards was hilarious.
https://i.postimg.cc/HkWmTh7Y/will-smith-if-charged-for-slapping-chris-rock-1648603820573-1648603820734.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

It is like he's saying "Yo, Nigger!! Wassup?!"
Tarentino could have written the dialogue. :miao:

AHLUNGOR
30-03-2022, 06:05 PM
It's a good thing Chris Rock didn't make a joke about Alec Baldwin's wife.........

Kim Basinger is a babe , she’s on a different level than Will Smith’s Mrs even when she was at her prime like during the Matrix !

warwick1
30-03-2022, 06:09 PM
Kim Basinger is a babe , she’s on a different level than Will Smith’s Mrs even when she was at her prime like during the Matrix !

Baldwin is not married to her anymore.......

Sibon
30-03-2022, 08:16 PM
Anyone who is insulting to another person deserves more than a slap.

Kiwi Punter
30-03-2022, 09:47 PM

Brilliant line!!!

Kiwi Punter
30-03-2022, 09:53 PM
My personal feeling is that the whole thing was a setup.

But if it wasn’t, it was a weird reaction from Smith after going from originally laughing at the joke to going on stage and committing assault. But it was also weird that at no stage did Rock ever grab his face - that would have hurt like hell and he seemed to just carry on as normal afterward.

Whatever, I am not a Smith fan at all, but I did enjoy King Richard and felt he deserved the Oscar. But he is such a douche!

rooter
30-03-2022, 10:02 PM
I think Marlon Brando summed up the Oscars and life in general when he sent a Native American woman to accept his Oscar for best actor in The Godfather.
Marlon was cool. He just saw through the bullshit and gave up on life and became a fat obnoxious cantankerous old cunt - an inspiration to all us old punters :)

mattemeiser
30-03-2022, 10:41 PM

I think the whole thing is staged and fake tbh.

- The Oscars have been bleeding viewers for years. Now its the talk of the town
- There is a photo of Smith & Tucker smiling as they go to their seats after the fact.
- Smith dancing the night away at the after party without a care in the world. If it were me, I would want to get my award & go home or a punt...
- After Rock got hit, "craziest thing on tv"... is such a cath-phrasy response.
- Smith was laughing at the beginning & snapped
- Why in the world would Rock not press charges?
- Why wouldnt the awards Academy recant the award and disqualify Smith after the physical attack
- Smith was cucked on tv for the world to see by his "wife". What Rock did was comparably trivial. I am not trivialising her physical condition.
- Smith didn't have a closed fist & the angle of the bitch slap appeared to have limited power
- How the f was audio picked-up so clearly? Normally they want to keep audience audio to a minimum. If it was a guy with moving mic, how would they know to have it ready & close to Smith?
- The camera was perfectly framed on Smith smacking Rock. That should appears to be pre-planned.

Just what I think.

-Matt-

rooter
30-03-2022, 10:52 PM
This sort of nonsense would not have happened in the days of Humphrey Bogart, Cary Grant, Clarke Gable, Gary Cooper, and Spencer Tracy.
its a sign of the collapse of culture.

Sydreader2017
31-03-2022, 12:45 PM
1) can be a nice set up to promote the Oscar...which it does now
2) its a good promote for Rocks Talk show, tickets from orginally $40 to $410 in black market now
3) In general, should not joke on the others sickness
4) Will is a good Actor, and he proved it again
5) Family comes First, regardless of what ...but Wills family is a bit "Interesting "

GoldfishMan
31-03-2022, 02:37 PM
Next year’s going to be interesting…

Double_Adapter
31-03-2022, 08:28 PM
Flip the script, and you get a different result
- white guy slaps black guy, you get rioting and looting in the streets
- white chick slaps white guy, he deserved it
- white guy slaps white chick and he’s incarcerated for sexual assault and violence.

Horndog7
02-04-2022, 07:50 AM
My 2 cents worth. Will Smith doesn’t appear to be himself and appears to be broken since he and his wife went public about their open relationship. As for the slap, it was a cowardly act. Does he acts differently if the joke was made by one of the female comedian hosts ?

This was a very interesting take
https://youtu.be/yxNTcMsULuY

itoko
02-04-2022, 11:08 AM
Will is leaving the academy, the slap was assault and if Chris Rock had pressed charges he would be tried and most likely convicted but it would've been a fine. But Rock has declined to press charges and so nothing will happen.

F0x
02-04-2022, 03:55 PM
Will is a knob and I will not watch another movie of his unless he dies in it.

I dont believe it was staged.

- first of it was the tamest fucking joke. "Jada cant wait for GI Jane 2". I mean ffs. Even Chris himself said it was a "nice" one. He later says after Will swears at him he says, "I could have..." then stops himself. Yeah thats right, rock could have slaughtered the Smiths with a much nastier joke but held back.

- second, showing what a fucking pussy Will is, who probably has like 10 kilos on Rock in muscle mass SUCKER SLAPS Chris. No intent, no civil "hey brother, my wife is dealing emotionally with her condition, keep it out of your routine ok?". No. Keeps his eyes down then belts Chris across the face. Chris probably didnt react because the slap was so weak.

- third, It gets even better. FROM THE SAFETY OF HIS LITTLE PUSSY OSCAR CHAIR, he tells chris to keep his wifes name out of his mouth. Man the fuck up and tell that to his face instead of running off, then telling him from a distance.

In short TLDR: Will Smith = Pussy.

And not the good kind we discuss normally here.

Horndog7
04-04-2022, 08:41 AM
Will is leaving the academy, the slap was assault and if Chris Rock had pressed charges he would be tried and most likely convicted but it would've been a fine. But Rock has declined to press charges and so nothing will happen.

How Chris reacted was all class.

GoldfishMan
04-04-2022, 10:02 AM
Totally agree bro. Also think he probably knew how much hot water Will was getting himself into soon after the incident and neither let himself be dragged into it nor did anything to inflame the situation. Full respect to him.

Jesus666
08-04-2022, 04:17 PM
It was a WWF (wrestling) type stunt. Just do not watch this crap.

yuikara3
08-04-2022, 04:25 PM
I think the whole thing is staged and fake tbh.

- The Oscars have been bleeding viewers for years. Now its the talk of the town
- There is a photo of Smith & Tucker smiling as they go to their seats after the fact.
- Smith dancing the night away at the after party without a care in the world. If it were me, I would want to get my award & go home or a punt...
- After Rock got hit, "craziest thing on tv"... is such a cath-phrasy response.
- Smith was laughing at the beginning & snapped
- Why in the world would Rock not press charges?
- Why wouldnt the awards Academy recant the award and disqualify Smith after the physical attack
- Smith was cucked on tv for the world to see by his "wife". What Rock did was comparably trivial. I am not trivialising her physical condition.
- Smith didn't have a closed fist & the angle of the bitch slap appeared to have limited power
- How the f was audio picked-up so clearly? Normally they want to keep audience audio to a minimum. If it was a guy with moving mic, how would they know to have it ready & close to Smith?
- The camera was perfectly framed on Smith smacking Rock. That should appears to be pre-planned.

Just what I think.

-Matt-

I think it's highly unlikely for the whole thing to be staged. Will is quite the successful actor with a huge reputation already, so no matter what the Oscar gives, I don't think he would've committed a genocide on his reputation. Reputation in Hollywood does get you the money from behind the scenes as well as a lot from sponsors. I don't think there's a reason for him to make a decision for the Oscars. No actual motive in my opinion. From my perspective, I just see it as a broken man who was really dumb and couldn't control his emotions. Completely in the wrong and probably spurned on by things like his wife's influence et cetera.

Rogeryou
08-04-2022, 04:29 PM

He let him get away with it fuck that shit, put his head on a platter and feed him to the Fucken lions

yuikara3
08-04-2022, 04:30 PM
He let him get away with it fuck that shit, put his head on a platter and feed him to the Fucken lions

You have to admit it was pretty gentleman like of him to not press any charges for assault.

Rogeryou
08-04-2022, 04:57 PM
You have to admit it was pretty gentleman like of him to not press any charges for assault.

No I don’t see it that way, he should have buried him.

yuikara3
08-04-2022, 05:00 PM
No I don’t see it that way, he should have buried him.

That's understandable. But I think it takes just as much balls and a lot of control to not reciprocate. Pretty admirable of Chris to hold back.

Rogeryou
08-04-2022, 07:17 PM
That's understandable. But I think it takes just as much balls and a lot of control to not reciprocate. Pretty admirable of Chris to hold back.

Ppl say that but I don’t think it’s true.

How would you feel about yourself to be humiliated in such a fashion and just be still and silent, it can’t be healthy.

dotcumdotinyou
08-04-2022, 08:28 PM
Smith was already a shit actor and now his sponsors and movie deals are being pulled. Serves the cuckold right

rooter
08-04-2022, 09:21 PM
Smith was already a shit actor and now his sponsors and movie deals are being pulled. Serves the cuckold right

True. Shit actor. Struggling to think of one movie he was good in.
But I haven't seen King Richard, so will give him the benefit of the doubt.

dotcumdotinyou
08-04-2022, 09:25 PM
If you look at all the good movies he's been in look at his co stars and work out who carried it

rooter
08-04-2022, 09:27 PM
If you look at all the good movies he's been in look at his co stars and work out who carried it

True. The dog in Men In Black was pretty good!

dotcumdotinyou
08-04-2022, 09:29 PM
So was the cockroach in Men In Black 2

GoldfishMan
08-04-2022, 10:33 PM
That's nasty. I thought he was quite good in Ali and I am Legend. I don't agree with tainting a person's legacy simply because he or she made a mistake at the present. That's just wrong.

dotcumdotinyou
08-04-2022, 10:42 PM
Sorry GFM, I didn't see Ali and I thought the mutant leader carried the movie in I am legend.

ABG4LYF
09-04-2022, 01:57 PM
There ya go WILLIE BOY GETTING BANNED FOR 10 yrs

wilisno
09-04-2022, 05:09 PM
Will Smith got banned for 10 years by the Academy, very expensive slap !

Like a shop getting banned by Syd99, Yamaha was out of business altogether after the ban.

Rogeryou
09-04-2022, 08:21 PM
That's nasty. I thought he was quite good in Ali and I am Legend. I don't agree with tainting a person's legacy simply because he or she made a mistake at the present. That's just wrong.
Yes definitely a good actor

Will Smith got banned for 10 years by the Academy, very expensive slap !

Like a shop getting banned by Syd99, Yamaha was out of business altogether after the ban.

Not sure how that is going to affect his career! His bet bet would be to apologise and hand the award back

Kiwi Punter
09-04-2022, 10:56 PM
I actually thought he was an annoying and pretty average actor until I saw King Richard. I was blown away by how good he was in it.

yug
09-04-2022, 11:13 PM
Sorry GFM, I didn't see Ali and I thought the mutant leader carried the movie in I am legend.

Will Smith was quite good in couple of movies:
1) Ali
2) Pursuit of Happiness
3) Six Days of Separation
4) Concussion
5) I am Legend (Zombie Leader was a CGI; I would say the pet German Shepard was quite good though)
6) Enemy of the State.

But he was also in some of the stinkers like:
1) Wild Wild West
2) After Earth
3) Gemini Man

GoldfishMan
10-04-2022, 09:00 AM
Will Smith was quite good in couple of movies:
1) Ali
2) Pursuit of Happiness
3) Six Days of Separation
4) Concussion
5) I am Legend (Zombie Leader was a CGI; I would say the pet German Shepard was quite good though)
6) Enemy of the State.

But he was also in some of the stinkers like:
1) Wild Wild West
2) After Earth
3) Gemini Man

Oh yes, forgot about Concussion and Pursuit. I also liked Focus, thought it was a lot of fun.