PDA

View Full Version : General talk How do you financially sustain your expensive punting habits?

Sibon
03-08-2022, 06:11 PM
How do you financially sustain your expensive punting habits?

Donnyy
03-08-2022, 06:58 PM
I have a high salary so it is not a problem for me. I do not waste my money on useless things, I invest them. So as I noticed that I have enough money for food, shelter and medicine (which os the most important), I decided that I can pay for my punting habits, which helps me to earn more

Meng
03-08-2022, 07:30 PM
How do you financially sustain your expensive punting habits?
Bonuses, tax returns and a decently high paying job (six figures but not like GM level six figures).

I do have a mortgage and like to splurge on other things. Like recently bought a Swiss watch and giant can't remember the inch TV. But I'm reasonably responsible with my money.

aussiegaigin
03-08-2022, 07:35 PM
I avoid "expensive punting habits". Plenty of moderately priced, even cheap, adventures out there, to keep me satisfied.

To each his own.

Rookiestones
03-08-2022, 10:08 PM
I ask my wife who works, to give me money so I can punt (lol I wish!)

rooter
03-08-2022, 10:10 PM
Wallet Wizard !!!

dpsdvmh6
03-08-2022, 10:12 PM
Seperate bank accounts....but a monthly budget for the household and bills. Whatever is left over is up to you...

woodland
03-08-2022, 11:36 PM
Bonuses, tax returns and a decently high paying job (six figures but not like GM level six figures).

I do have a mortgage and like to splurge on other things. Like recently bought a Swiss watch and giant can't remember the inch TV. But I'm reasonably responsible with my money.

What did you get? A JLC? A Rolex? A Panerai? A Zenith? A Tudor? A Patek? ... God forbid a Hublot?

krnboy
04-08-2022, 12:40 AM
What did you get? A JLC? A Rolex? A Panerai? A Zenith? A Tudor? A Patek? ... God forbid a Hublot?

No need to be a hublot hater

didaswiwaw
04-08-2022, 12:52 AM
Depends on lots things.
how often do you need to punt?
how expensive do you want to spend each punt?
how much is your salary?
do you have famiies who are dependent on you financially?
do you have mortgage?
how much would you like to save each month?

I'd say if you're young professional who's still single, its easy to sustain this hobby as long as you don't overdo it.

Somebeardyfella
04-08-2022, 11:39 AM
I go once or twice a month, half hour RnTs only. They do the job :)

MilfMonger
04-08-2022, 02:54 PM
By cheating on my taxes.

Raybo
04-08-2022, 10:41 PM
A win on the other punt or the pokies. Otherwise, a nice income and a recently sold property has seen my punting go through the roof the last 12 months.

Sombremask
05-08-2022, 11:28 AM
Using my last pay bump as a discretionary fund for ‘entertainment’ activities.

curiousgeorge1023
06-08-2022, 04:20 PM
Get rid of all your Bad debts ie. Credit Card, Car Loan, smoking, drinking ( socially is fine ), eating out or buying cooked food everyday and most of all BUDGET your weekly Salary and see where you can ' divert ' some funds for punting.

cuteguy
06-08-2022, 04:25 PM
A win on the other punt or the pokies. Otherwise, a nice income and a recently sold property has seen my punting go through the roof the last 12 months.

Some people receive a large sum of money and want to enjoy it on punting but it can't last forever. The girls will target the guy if they know he has the money but once it dries up, they're nowhere to be seen.

When people win lotto or receive compensation lump sum payments they blow it away quickly. They don't know how to budget properly.

Double_Adapter
06-08-2022, 04:43 PM
Some people receive a large sum of money and want to enjoy it on punting but it can't last forever. The girls will target the guy if they know he has the money but once it dries up, they're nowhere to be seen.

You spittin' facts there Mr Cuteguy. As a general rule of thumb, a woman's loyalty is tested when her man has nothing, a man's loyalty is tested when he has everything.

Frederic
06-08-2022, 08:06 PM
a woman's loyalty is tested when her man has nothing, a man's loyalty is tested when he has everything.

Putting that in the quote book.

Raybo
06-08-2022, 08:35 PM

When people win lotto or receive compensation lump sum payments they blow it away quickly. They don't know how to budget properly.

Some people work hard, pay off their mortgages over long periods of time and reap the rewards at the end of it all when the property gets sold. Disciplined people like this aren't going to piss it up against the wall.

Winning money or compensation when you don't have much cash is a totally different scenario.

gentleguy
07-08-2022, 12:48 PM
Doubling my money betting on sports.

Kiryu0
07-08-2022, 01:10 PM
Ofc you want to invest in NFTs... It's the future./s

Action Pump
07-08-2022, 02:47 PM
Build up a nice stream of passive income. Although this may require to sacrifice punting for a few years depending on your financial position. Mine is made up of dividends and rental income.

I learnt from my uncle a long time ago was not to spend the money you've worked hard for but spend as much as you want from the money you didn't do anything.

krnboy
07-08-2022, 02:58 PM
Build up a nice stream of passive income. Although this may require to sacrifice punting for a few years depending on your financial position. Mine is made up of dividends and rental income.

I learnt from my uncle a long time ago was not to spend the money you've worked hard for but spend as much as you want from the money you didn't do anything.

Yup same with me. Rental incomes help with punting every week

cuteguy
07-08-2022, 03:00 PM
You spittin' facts there Mr Cuteguy. As a general rule of thumb, a woman's loyalty is tested when her man has nothing, a man's loyalty is tested when he has everything.

I've seen actual cases. Guys going crazy spending big, booking hotel rooms to see girls and getting lots of attention from them. As well, the girls contacting them many times to come over (even after midnight) to have fun or get high. The girls ask for money for various reasons and the guys are generous to help out but don't repay the money. When the money runs out the girls abandon them leaving them to wonder what happened to all that money they received from the sale of their home, compensation payout or inheritance.

Meng
07-08-2022, 03:10 PM
I've had a WL I've added on WeChat ask to borrow some money. It wasn't a large amount but it's a red flag.

Immediately blocked and deleted the user. I ain't no simp. I'm willing to pay in exchange for a service, nothing else.

jamesbond007
07-08-2022, 05:01 PM
I've been on a bit of a bender of late punting, so I need to cut back. Youth and beauty are a tough drug to shake, and the dollar bills are tough to make.

Ziggurat
07-08-2022, 09:08 PM

That is a dilemma. Aren't you supposed to use the passive income to create a larger amount of passive income the next time it's due? Not blow it just because you didn't work for it.

lonelyengineer
07-08-2022, 11:52 PM
- very high salary (thanks to over-inflated engineer salaries in sydney)
- have made a bunch of money from crypto 5 years ago, so i have a significant amount of play money.
- bought a house before property prices went crazy in sydney, so my mortgage is quite low relative to what it could of been if i bought today.

Raybo
08-08-2022, 01:02 AM
I've seen actual cases. Guys going crazy spending big, booking hotel rooms to see girls and getting lots of attention from them. As well, the girls contacting them many times to come over (even after midnight) to have fun or get high. The girls ask for money for various reasons and the guys are generous to help out but don't repay the money. When the money runs out the girls abandon them leaving them to wonder what happened to all that money they received from the sale of their home, compensation payout or inheritance.

Actual cases lol. How many punters do you know?

warwick1
08-08-2022, 02:38 AM
- very high salary (thanks to over-inflated engineer salaries in sydney)
- have made a bunch of money from crypto 5 years ago, so i have a significant amount of play money.
- bought a house before property prices went crazy in sydney, so my mortgage is quite low relative to what it could of been if i bought today.

Wow! What else ya got, Mclaren, Bugatti??:haha:84361

Chinchin
08-08-2022, 05:08 AM
As with everything, keep within your means and it should be good. Easier said than done sometimes.

OLD SNAKE
08-08-2022, 01:17 PM
Just re budget your expenses, instead of buying coffees and cafe lunches, you start drinking instant coffee and bringing food from home, you can save $100 a week, than use that $100 towards a massage and a nude HJ

Sydboy65
08-08-2022, 03:44 PM
Invest in yourself, improve your education and career prospects and get a better job.

JJBlows
08-08-2022, 10:10 PM
Good paying trade job, booking the overtime but not actually doing it. Minimising my tax

priapus1966
08-08-2022, 10:36 PM
No Mortgage, no debt of any kind, kids independent financially. Good house in good spot. Don't buy 'things' much. Drive a 14 year old Golf. Travel and punting are main discretionary expenses and they have been low for a couple of Covid years. And the cash still keeps piling up, mainly in rather boring investments.