PDA

View Full Version : General talk Remedial Massage with private health

Sanji2016
06-08-2022, 12:40 PM
Quick noob question. Do you guys use private health for remedial massage, and then pay cash for the extras ? If so, which massage place does this.

Im just starting to get a private health so quiet new to this, and obviously finder wont give me the answer i am looking for lol. Thanks guys

aussiegaigin
06-08-2022, 01:57 PM
Usually, "HF approved" remedial shops don't openly offer extras, but some individual girls might. Those shops might not want this service publicly mentioned.

Noob? You've been a member for 6 years, and this same question has been asked and answered numerous times. Search for terms like "health fund" or "rebate", you might find some past clues.

Bucko57
06-08-2022, 04:33 PM
Generally I'd agree that Health rebate shops would not offer extras but I've come across a couple that do in the past. There's one at Lalor Park (and I know they were pushing it) and another at castle Hill which I believe has closed now.

whatsup
07-08-2022, 05:38 AM
Lalor park. Is that one near IGA?...I was there twice...not much luck....any tips?

Thelittleenginethatcould
07-08-2022, 11:12 AM
I don't know why massage shops that aren't legit just get the health insurance set up. Don't have to advertise it but offer it to customers to save money.

Bucko57
07-08-2022, 03:26 PM
Lalor park. Is that one near IGA?...I was there twice...not much luck....any tips?

Nah..the one on Johnson Ave....I haven't been for a couple of years but was always a happy customer

OLD SNAKE
08-08-2022, 12:42 PM
lets do some detective work and see if we can at least narrow down the search,

A: Do we try the local shopping centre thats run by a Chinese husband and wife, you might get a handy from the husband especially if he's cash greedy
B: Do we try a Thai massage place thats open late thats in a stand alone building mmm might be worth a try, but high chances it might be a ladyboy
C: Do we get on to websites like www.locanto.com.au find attached websites to the parlour and see if they accept health funds,

either way good luck with your search

wachumba
08-08-2022, 02:20 PM
I don't know why massage shops that aren't legit just get the health insurance set up. Don't have to advertise it but offer it to customers to save money.

It is not that easy to get. You have to be a fully qualified therapist and it isn't as simple as just applying and getting it as there are certain criteria you must meet. It costs time and money to do what is required to meet the criteria which might be more than any extra customers you may get.

Bucko57
08-08-2022, 03:34 PM
It is not that easy to get. You have to be a fully qualified therapist and it isn't as simple as just applying and getting it as there are certain criteria you must meet. It costs time and money to do what is required to meet the criteria which might be more than any extra customers you may get.

Some of the outfits with more than one shop will have a single qualified therapist across the business to put forward for Health Fund requirements but you can guarantee none of the rest of the staff will have such qualification.

aussiegaigin
09-08-2022, 11:09 PM
There would most likely be a requirement that each shop would need to have a registered qualified practitioner on the premises.

I've been knocked back for a legit remedial because the shop didn't have one available at the time.

The number of shops likely to be doing this just to get RnT business would be so small it's not worth speculating about.

apokalypse
11-08-2022, 09:05 PM
what about Physio *wink wink*

re89
15-08-2022, 08:31 PM
There are three go to places that offer extras, and I usually pay for the massage itself on card, with private health rebate, and have cash with me for the extras.

woodcock
16-08-2022, 01:48 PM
can you please pm me the details thanks

Wigglyworm
16-08-2022, 02:52 PM
PM would be greatly appreciated

cybersteve
16-08-2022, 05:17 PM
Pm would be appreciated

Anonpunter
16-08-2022, 07:35 PM
There are three go to places that offer extras, and I usually pay for the massage itself on card, with private health rebate, and have cash with me for the extras.

Could you Pm aswell?

krnboy
17-08-2022, 08:37 AM
Same here thanks

whatsup
17-08-2022, 09:22 AM
Same here buddy, cheers

formula44
17-08-2022, 10:54 AM
PM for some info please

1inchguy
17-08-2022, 11:29 AM
Yes i would like to know some info too please :)

Scott Phar
17-08-2022, 02:03 PM
Me too please, something in CBD will be awesome.

hellozmane
18-08-2022, 11:29 AM
the annoying part is when they have different prices for when you want to claim private health

tooshortykid
24-08-2022, 09:48 PM
also keen I have too much health credit every year. please do PM would be greatly appreciated

aussiegaigin
25-08-2022, 11:00 AM
also keen I have too much health credit every year. please do PM would be greatly appreciated

Send him a PM and ask directly

wachumba
25-08-2022, 12:55 PM
Send him a PM and ask directly
Re89 not responding
cherry massage at canterbury used to advertise rebates. not sure if they still do. there are a few around if you do your research. look for places that offer rebates and then search if they have reports on here or other forums.

Vader
25-08-2022, 09:59 PM
the annoying part is when they have different prices for when you want to claim private health

Because there is a record and they have to pay tax

aussiegaigin
26-08-2022, 07:06 AM
Because there is a record and they have to pay tax

And probably HICAP fees to recover?

k0h1
28-08-2022, 01:04 PM
Could you PM me as well, would appreciate the information :)

Sly22
30-08-2022, 03:56 PM
@re89 I’d appreciate a PM of the suggestions as well

Dweebles
28-09-2023, 07:57 PM
Do you guys use private health for remedial massage, and then pay cash for the extras ?
The shops that do health insurance rebates have to collect your personal details and medical history so they can treat you andnshownthe health fund the treatment is legit. Also I think they're subject to random inspections by the fund managers. It's pretty serious for them if they lose accreditation. So I think they would not want to do extras. Anyway, that's what my accredited massage therapist told me (no HE there).

wachumba
29-09-2023, 06:11 PM
The chance of losing the ability to provide health fund rebates is not the reason therapists do not provide extras.
Most of the therapists that do provide rebates are legit and wouldn't even consider doing it.
There are some shops that do offer rebates and extras and it has been discussed before.

aussiegaigin
29-09-2023, 11:18 PM

You can only claim a rebate on genuine remedial massage which has to be done by a qualified practitioner, who is probably getting paid more than a casual service provider.