PDA

View Full Version : Shop info When is a Thai massage not a Thai massage? When its 126 Granard Rd.

Y888
30-12-2022, 08:43 PM
As one matures (we don’t get old), injuries through sport or misadventure from our younger days can, and do come back to haunt us.

I am presently in that situation.

I have had countless traditional and legitimate Thai massages over the years which have left me invigorated and able to function very well.

Today (30 Dec 2022) I had such a calling for traditional Thai massage with some ‘stress relief’ at the conclusion as the neck, hamstrings and knees were not behaving themselves.

Saw the trusty Locanto ad “ *Archerfield* The best Thai massage”.

To aid in the promotion was E***r, N***y and Al*s – all touted as being from Thailand. I think I’m going to be on a winner here, one of these girls would surely be able to do the Traditional massage.

I rang the establishment twice, on both occasions the line dropped out after a brief exchange of words. So next best thing I drove to the shop to ascertain if my ailing body could be rectified.

I parked in the carpark at the rear of the premises, went to the back door and pressed the bell.

Within a few moments I was greeted by what I perceived to be a LB and an Asian female.

I enquired if ANY of the girls could do the traditional Thai stretching massage as I had some aches and pains which needed remedying and at the conclusion, some “relaxing treatment” – their words from the advertisement. I was seeking a 1 hour session ie 60 minutes.

The female stated ”none of the girls can do Thai massage, you can have hour massage for $90”. Surprisingly their promotion states $60 – 60 minutes, $100 – 90 minutes. I am no accountant but somehow the maths did not add up.

Suffice to say “ kňp kun kráp ”, in my very basic Thai (thank you) gave the 2 handed praying gesture, bowed returned to my vehicle and drove off.

Had some errands to run, business to deal with then in the afternoon visited a Taiwanese masseuse at an establishment close to home, who created the “relaxing treatment” which was wonderful. I am now partaking in some quality wine (purely for medicinal purposes).

The neck, hamstrings and knees are still pining for some genuine love and attention.

Gents, I just get a bit peeved when something is advertised and excuse the pun, push comes to shove, the service as advertised is not provided. Yes it is down to interpretation and I accept that perception.

Yes, I know I am being pedantic, but it just cheeses me off!

Given the opportunity, may I wish to you ALL, a safe, healthy and wealthy 2023 (depends on how many punts).

I have been a participant of this Forum for only a short time, I have thoroughly enjoyed the banter and intel from those involved.

Just a question if anyone can answer, and I don’t mean to be rude, what is the history/story behind Peterpecker and his responses “Edited, edited, edited? Being a newbie I am curious.

Take care ALL!!

RLC
30-12-2022, 09:35 PM
Very few establishments can deliver on their ads.

Bed Wrecker
30-12-2022, 09:49 PM
If you want a legit thai massage, find a place like Chai Thai.
If the ads have scantily clad women, maybe know what they are really advertising. Basic massage and extras.

Tales
31-12-2022, 09:27 PM
Found a good one who does both Thai traditional and finishes with a super Thai tease and pop.

statd001
31-12-2022, 10:21 PM
I’ve had more misses than hits with Aroma Day Thai. Plus too many LB’s on their roster to complicate and confuse things. I don’t bother with them anymore, better shops elsewhere.

If you want proper Thai traditional massage, hit up a Thai place with HICAPS in shopping centre. But you may need to go elsewhere for further “stress relief”. I like to try my luck though, that’s half the fun.

Peterpecker
01-01-2023, 02:06 PM
Edited because the service there has dropped off a cliff!

RLC
01-01-2023, 03:32 PM
If anyone has some spare coin, the block and the one next to it are up for sale.

Y888
01-01-2023, 04:26 PM
"Just a question if anyone can answer, and I don’t mean to be rude, what is the history/story behind Peterpecker and his responses “Edited, edited, edited? Being a newbie I am curious."

Many thanks Peter - it makes perfect sense.

Bucket
03-01-2023, 12:56 PM
If you want to travel to the coast there’s 2 excellent Thai massage shops at Paradise Point