PDA

View Full Version : General talk Ingrown hairs after waxing - treatment?

Aussieguyinsf
18-01-2023, 06:44 PM
I got my first Brazilian two weeks ago. All good until a couple of days ago when I noticed red bumps indicating ingrown hairs. Bit itchy but I’m not scratching. Using a product called bump eraiser from Chemist Warehouse for the last day to treat.

Any advice or tips on what I can do to get rid of the bumps. I have a sugar baby date on Friday and don’t want to freak her out.

Onehunglo
18-01-2023, 07:26 PM
I take it that you did not get a waxing professional to do the job for you. If you did you would have been given advice on post-wax care including exfoliation and moisturising.
Get yourself a set of exfoliation gloves from Coles or Woolies - they cost between $3 and $4 and use them religiously every day with a good body wash. After your shower apply an anti ingrown serum like the one you have and when that is dry moisturise with a non pore clogging lotion.
As you are currently getting the bumps, I would initially exfoliate like buggery then apply an antibiotic cream to settle the bumps down - give it a day then adopt the routine in the above paragraph.
As to glove care - rinse them well after use and hang them out to dry, you don't need bacteria growing in your exfoliation gloves.
Your skin will get used to waxing and the incidence of ingrowns and associated bumps will considerably reduce the more you wax.

Double_Adapter
18-01-2023, 07:54 PM
I got my first Brazilian two weeks ago. All good until a couple of days ago when I noticed red bumps indicating ingrown hairs. Bit itchy but I’m not scratching. Using a product called bump eraiser from Chemist Warehouse for the last day to treat.

Any advice or tips on what I can do to get rid of the bumps. I have a sugar baby date on Friday and don’t want to freak her out.

Try ice. I also use it to treat puffy/baggy eyes after a big night out, and/or the sore muscles after a big workout.

AJJ
18-01-2023, 08:03 PM
I have the same problem!
Don't squeeze them mate.... I did ant now it looks like I have some terrible STD.... Its going to ruin my punting weekend unless it clears up in a hurry lol

carmen farquis
18-01-2023, 08:54 PM
try coconut oil and don't wear undies

Eclipsefun
18-01-2023, 09:20 PM
Waxing has best results over the long-term. Bumps and ingrown will happen the first few times, but soon enough the hairs grow back thinner and finer and so waxing becomes easier and no hassle.

If you can't commit to something like that, just want short-term results cause you are seeing your fav on the weekend or something just shave.

Aussieguyinsf
18-01-2023, 09:27 PM
Thanks, I’ve got a warm compress over my cock and balls as I type.

Daffy
18-01-2023, 10:08 PM
You need to exfoliate after a few days and you need some sort of dilapidation cream. Also worth getting a moisturiser with tea tree oil.

Also read that you can apply hot towels after a few days to help any ingrown hairs come to the surface

Raybo
18-01-2023, 10:14 PM
IDK, but that type of stuff doesn't clear up in two days......

wachumba
19-01-2023, 12:19 AM
I stopped waxing for this reason and the therapist said some people are just prone to them and they can be quite bad as the hair just continues to grow inside.
You could also try some acne creams that kills the bacteria causing infection and can help dry it out.

Aussieguyinsf
19-01-2023, 12:29 AM
I have to say, quality tips so far from a punting forum. Thanks fellas.

thelastdance
19-01-2023, 08:58 AM
This makes me think of that 40yo virgin movie

1inchguy
19-01-2023, 12:46 PM
I sometimes get ingrown hair cause the hair is thick.
Only advice I can share is wear loose briefs. Dont wear anything tight. Moisturise and exfoliate

19-01-2023, 01:54 PM
I love how there have been some medical threads being solved in this forum haha

rooter
19-01-2023, 04:54 PM
I am not a fan of waxing or chemical hair removal.
I just shave the balls and shaft with a twin razor and trim the rest of the pubic area with a beard trimmer.
Have never had any problems.
Oh and forget about all these expensive shaving lotions, creams etc, if you are shaving your balls or face or head or chest or whatever just buy a bottle/pump pack of Sorbolene.
Its super cheap and does the job perfectly.
You can buy a 1 litre bottle at Coles or Chemist Warehouse or whatever for around $10 and it will last you for months.

Beergut
23-01-2023, 12:02 PM
Was on a train, this morning

Beergut
23-01-2023, 12:02 PM
Thought of her....

Beergut
23-01-2023, 12:04 PM
Almost going to get off at Wiley Park

Beergut
23-01-2023, 12:05 PM
For her.............

Aussieguyinsf
07-02-2023, 08:30 PM
Stilll have the bumps so I bit the bullet today and got lasered. Nice Asian therapist gave me a hard on in the preshave.

B0nkers
08-02-2023, 06:52 AM
Where did you go for lasering? These types of places seem a lot more "formal" than waxing shops.

JohnJones
08-02-2023, 07:22 AM
Stilll have the bumps so I bit the bullet today and got lasered. Nice Asian therapist gave me a hard on in the preshave.

Being a crossfit buff I realised that high testosterone and laser doesn't go well with each other. Laser will effectively slow down new growth and efficiently remove very thin hairs but any existing thick hairs will always grow back. Electrolysis might be better but I haven't tried. I tried laser and been going for sessions almost 6 months with only 10% reduction.

I tried epilation which is not as painful as waxing and I got the same bump issues. I find that cinnamon scrubs work better than plastic exfoliators as the active ingredient actually helps to unclog pores. Clogged up pores are the reasons why ingrown hair happens, and most exfoliators only take out the top layer of dead skin.

yowser
08-02-2023, 08:12 AM
Theres an antibacterial cream called bactrobran you can get from GP thats good for it. If you wanna know more about it try googling

vt4444
08-02-2023, 09:44 AM

Where you are going for laser? Mind share?

JohnJones
08-02-2023, 10:45 AM
Theres an antibacterial cream called bactrobran you can get from GP thats good for it. If you wanna know more about it try googling

Cinnamon scrub works as well. The active ingredient cinnamaldehyde is an antibacterial that kills off infections and also unclogs pores. Good for skin that's prone to sebum overproduction