PDA

View Full Version : Question Punting and STI's - how often do people get checked?

BobbyJ
27-02-2023, 01:36 PM
Don't mean to scare everyone but I've been curious about how often people get checked given that people can be infectious and show no symptoms.

Also curious whether catching one is common or not.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

poida
27-02-2023, 02:01 PM
Back in my punting days i used to check every 3months. I used to get my tests done at that clinic down the road from ginza empire, from memory its called acon. Discrete and results in a few days via sms. They also conduct rapid hiv testing on the spot too. I dont bother with GPs anymore, they keep records of my visits.

ondoyz
27-02-2023, 03:06 PM
Back in my punting days i used to check every 3months. I used to get my tests done at that clinic down the road from ginza empire, from memory its called acon. Discrete and results in a few days via sms. They also conduct rapid hiv testing on the spot too. I dont bother with GPs anymore, they keep records of my visits.

and you still doing it at the moment? how much usually it costs?

drxav
27-02-2023, 04:38 PM
Where do you guys even get tests?

Double_Adapter
27-02-2023, 05:39 PM
As a general rule of thumb if you're barebacking strangers then every quarter. If you're just into fellatio, cunnilingus, analingus, dirty sanchez, pussy sliding with strangers etc etc then every 6-9 months. All other forms of covered sex with multiple people then once every 12-18 months should suffice ie unless your junk doesn't feel or look right.

Vader
27-02-2023, 05:47 PM
As a general rule of thumb if you're barebacking strangers then every quarter. If you're just into fellatio, cunnilingus, analingus, dirty sanchez, pussy sliding with strangers etc etc then every 6-9 months. All other forms of covered sex with multiple people then once every 12-18 months should suffice ie unless your junk doesn't feel or look right.

You have to be kidding leaving it that long?

ondoyz
27-02-2023, 06:20 PM
so everyone always checked? I have been punters back in my country and here for total 15 years.. never in my life I checked.. now I’m afraid i’m infected without symptoms

Soton
27-02-2023, 06:23 PM
Regular blood and other tests due to particular health issues.
Had one case of oral thrush in about 40 yrs

poida
27-02-2023, 10:20 PM
and you still doing it at the moment? how much usually it costs?

Tests are free mate, just book online. Im not getting testing atm, my punting days are done. Took a break since end of last yr. I just come here for the lolz and general chat.

Hogrider
27-02-2023, 10:23 PM
How the saying goes ?
Better to be safe than sorry !

Yeah - go get tested .

Every 3 months is the min .
Depends on your practice (protection use ) and frequency of punting though .

ReginaldBubbles
27-02-2023, 10:44 PM
If you punt regularly then at least every 3 months.
I've had chlamydia and gonorrhea from two different girls at a certain shop but had symptoms pretty quick so it was obvious.
And yes I told the girls and they took time off and got treated.

Jacxz7
27-02-2023, 10:55 PM
Indeed, test every 3 months. Test is free via bulk billing/medicare and booking can be made online. The treatments can be annoying if you wait too late

BobbyJ
27-02-2023, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the thoughts and opinions everyone! Also good to know that other people are testing.

Keep safe everyone.

krnboy
28-02-2023, 06:46 AM
Last time I've tested was a couple of weeks ago and got the all clear.

What I'm concerned about is the superbugs. There are some gonorrhoea out there which can't be treated even if you use a strong dose of antibiotics.

DrBean
28-02-2023, 08:01 AM
I test before I go bareback with anyone new.

j_highrolla
28-02-2023, 01:49 PM
A quick piss test every 3-4 month.

Blood test once a year.

Vader
28-02-2023, 06:06 PM
Blood and piss test every three months

Sly22
28-02-2023, 08:30 PM
Not keen on going to the GP, what are the recommended clinics to use that don't show up on Medicare?

diligent
28-02-2023, 09:05 PM
RPA Sexual Health at Camperdown. No Medicare required & it is free. I just did a blood and piss test recently there & staff were wonderful.

kamo
28-02-2023, 11:16 PM
What I'm concerned about is the superbugs. There are some gonorrhoea out there which can't be treated even if you use a strong dose of antibiotics.

Yeah that scares the crap out of me too. Always after a ping though, never before!

Sly22
28-02-2023, 11:51 PM
RPA Sexual Health at Camperdown. No Medicare required & it is free. I just did a blood and piss test recently there & staff were wonderful.

Thanks diligent, handy for me too

priapus1966
01-03-2023, 10:52 AM
I've had chlamydia and gonorrhea from two different girls at a certain shop but had symptoms pretty quick so it was obvious.

Both of those are notifiable diseases in NSW and they have to be reported to the Health Department. The notification does not identify punters but it does indicate the premises and the working names of the girls. The Department contacts the shop immediately and expects co-operation. Co-operation requires removing the suspect girls from the roster until they are tested, (treated if necessary) and cleared. The Department has the power to close a business immediately if co-operation is insufficient. There has not been a detailed survey of WL's sexual health since 2016 but at that time the Joint NSW government/Uni of NSW research found that disease incedence among indoor WL's was the same as normal women. However, the Sexual health of street workers, transvestites and homosexual prostitutes was many times worse.

Obviously it is in the interests of the shop to stay onside with the Health Department, because any adverse report which became known could wipe out their business.

cuteguy
01-03-2023, 01:11 PM
Any sex that doesn't involve use of condoms is going to put you at some risk of contracting an STI. This is especially for oral sex which is very common in Asian FS shops. Guys who punt frequently should get regularly tested because some STIs such as chlamydia and syphilis don't show obvious symptoms at first. Let's not forget hepatitis too. Therefore, do your part and let's keep everyone protected and safe from infections.

sid2121
01-03-2023, 09:14 PM
Can we walk into sexual health clinics to get tested? Every time I’ve called them, they ask if you in same sex relationship or a sex worker. When say no, they say go to your GP

milkitt
01-03-2023, 09:57 PM
I’ve said I was gay before just to get tested by the sti clinic. When they give me an anal swap if I feel like it I’ll do it properly, but half the time I just snap the stick and put it back in without swabbing anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vader
02-03-2023, 08:06 PM
Can we walk into sexual health clinics to get tested? Every time I’ve called them, they ask if you in same sex relationship or a sex worker. When say no, they say go to your GP

Yes, it is the way they are funded. They only get limited funds and prefer to see the higher risk groups. Just go to a GP.

woodland
02-03-2023, 10:07 PM
if you don't BB you don't need to check every 3m

diligent
02-03-2023, 11:59 PM
@Sid2121 Yeah, I walked in to RPA sex clinic at Camperdown. They treat everyone there, Gay,Lesbian,Cis,Trans & any kin are welcome to get tested.

diligent
03-03-2023, 12:01 AM
if you don't BB you don't need to check every 3m

Still bro, its best to get tested. We never know. SOME STI is a sleeper. They don't show any symptoms until its too late.