I'm guessing:
*licensed
*health checks
*pay tax

So will prices go up?

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk

Chappie
23-04-2023, 10:49 PM
Well, should mean no more police raids on massage shops, and a lot more talent/competition on offer, since there are plenty of girls who want to avoid a criminal record for completely understandable reasons.

I guess it’ll also lead to a lot more straightforward after reports here, far fewer codewords such as “option 2” and “bring pineapples, doors will open” etc.

Overall it should lead to lower prices and a lot more on offer. Bring on the decriminalisation!

newbiejones
24-04-2023, 12:40 AM
Itll only take them years to implement. Usual government speed.

punk_
24-04-2023, 01:21 AM
I really hope this gets done and doesnt take forever. Its so weird to me, massage shops are like mushrooms growing out of the urban sprawl. Its so obvious what they all do. The cops obviously dont really care, they could shut all of them down in one weekend if they wanted to with what you can find on google and get offered right away. Lets just be done with it.

Im so dam jelous of the Sydney and just being able to book exactly what we want and theres less trying to ask arkwardly for what we're after.

Massageloverbris
24-04-2023, 06:14 AM
Knew this was coming be great if sooner and not take forever think also will mean a lot of the shit shops will have to close up shops

funinqld
24-04-2023, 09:11 AM
Yep I am from Sydney and if it makes it the same it will be awesome. I think the police have better things to do than charge people for having sex for money..
If they want to charge people charge the bad mamasans and pimps....not the good people having fun.
I think the prices may stay roughly the same compared to Sydney unfortunately but if work gets out they might have some working girls moving up here from Sydney. Cheaper house prices and more money. Hopefully some gems will be in QLD

Massageloverbris
24-04-2023, 09:53 AM
I think council will enforce when a license system is in place and I think most of shops now will have problems getting a license due to the locations of a lot of shops. Also heard will need in writing from
The landlord to allow the premises to be used as an adult venue .

Anyway I think going to be a great thing if the gov do right way and maybe this bris forum will have shops and rosters posted

Bed Wrecker
24-04-2023, 09:57 AM
Would be funny seeing the roster amendment advertisements on locanto
Honey - Daty, bbbj with cim $200
Mai - Nude Hj only $100
Mary - Anal $300, Fs $200, Bbbj with cim $150
Etc

That would be good and bad. Half the fun is hoping to get more service than the next guy

harry444
24-04-2023, 10:18 AM
I don't think it will make much difference. I'm getting Sydney services for around the same prices and a good quality girl. Now, you need to search for that level of service. Decriminalisation will only allow direct advertising of girls and services.

VFlowers
24-04-2023, 11:21 AM
"If they comply with certain regulations"

I'm guessing:
*licensed
*health checks
*pay tax

So will prices go up?

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk

Yeah.....don't set your hopes too high.
I have yet to experience the situation where anything a government does - and in particular THIS QLD government - leads to a real improvement for anybody but themselves.

harry444
24-04-2023, 11:47 AM
Such are the problems of a democratically elected government. Give me a benevolent dictator.

VFlowers
24-04-2023, 12:26 PM
Such are the problems of a democratically elected government. Give me a benevolent dictator.

I don't want to turn this into a political debate here, but you really think that it's normal for 'democratically elected' goverments to always rule in a way that makes people's lives worse?
And you really still believe in 'democracy', representation, honest and fair elections, that the two major parties are really competing for the best way for Australia, instead of being controlled by global corporate interest, etc. etc. ???

I have a some book recommendations for you: 'The Most Dangerous Superstition' by Larkin Rose and 'Democracy: The God That Failed' by Hans-Hermann Hoppe.

hornedbeast
24-04-2023, 01:39 PM
There should be no laws, 'fuck for cash' bartered between punter and provider

VFlowers
24-04-2023, 02:05 PM
There should be no laws, 'fuck for cash' bartered between punter and provider

Exactly!
Sick and tired of 'governments' who pretend to know what's best for everybody, and when you closely look at them, only seem to consist of idiots with less than average intelligence who couldn't survive a week in any proper job.

Bed Wrecker
24-04-2023, 05:14 PM
Exactly!
Sick and tired of 'governments' who pretend to know what's best for everybody, and when you closely look at them, only seem to consist of idiots with less than average intelligence who couldn't survive a week in any proper job.
I guess this is about the only thread to spew political hate, but its not why people come to this forum.
Dont care if its right wing anti-Government conspiracy nut jobs or left wing hate mobs, please can we talk about what this forum is about.
Its tiring and no ones listening. Go back to your echo chamber and boarded up bunkers.

Jack Sparrow
24-04-2023, 05:55 PM
Well said boys
This is for adult funyea
😴

harry444
24-04-2023, 06:35 PM
Forum - "a public meeting place for open discussion". No one censored for expressing their views. But yes, it is getting tiring.

4FoW2
24-04-2023, 10:02 PM

You,you,you ....you come in here ...and you know you are wrong......you are wrong ...wrong, wrong wrong, ...you, you, you know you can't count all your chickens before they come home to roost....Goodness gracious me...I know what you're trying to do ...we don't want that kind of thing up here.....just you wait and see .....Don't you worry about that!

Is this the benevolent dictator you were referring to?

harry444
24-04-2023, 11:00 PM
The person you are referring to was infact a democratically elected government officer. Which only supports my statement. Anyway, I'm with Cometogether. Back to punting.

funinqld
25-04-2023, 09:03 AM
So hopefully Sydney prices Tits, ass, pussy and BBBJ for all at a good price....back to what counts

hornedbeast
25-04-2023, 03:17 PM
On ya dude,
Sick of posters spewing political shit in here.
But current laws restrict our punting. Fuck that

4FoW2
25-04-2023, 11:28 PM
The person you are referring to was infact a democratically elected government officer. Which only supports my statement. Anyway, I'm with Cometogether. Back to punting.
Twas meer jest my friend. I am sure many would call Sir Joh a benevolent dictator, tongue in cheek.

funinqld
29-04-2023, 11:24 AM
‘It was frightening’: undercover stings on sex workers criticised as Queensland moves to decriminalisation
Story by Eden Gillespie • 9h ago

Like many of Queensland’s sex workers, Delaney* doesn’t trust the police.

It was an unsettling encounter with an undercover officer that caused her distrust and fear of the authorities.

“A [client] turned up, asked some really odd questions and then left,” Delaney says.

“It was frightening. I was in my work clothes and all dressed up.”

Great accounting roles are waiting for you
Great accounting roles are waiting for you
Ad
SEEK
Delaney says she soon realised it was a setup and the awkward client was actually a police officer.

Now, after 20 years in the business, if something goes wrong at work she’ll think twice before making a report.

“It’s a practice that nobody should be subjected to,” Delaney says. “That a person’s trying to trick you into borderline or possibly illegal sexual behaviour to charge you – it’s perverse.”

Related: Queensland to decriminalise sex work as review recommends new advertising rules

Elle Coles, a trans sex worker says there would hardly be a sex worker in Queensland who hadn’t spoken to an officer over the phone at some point in their career.

“It’s a victimless crime,” Coles says. “Why anyone would be proactive about prosecuting a person defies humanity.”

In a major shake-up, the Queensland government this week committed to decriminalising sex work and bringing the industry “out of the shadows”.

The government says it is “broadly supportive” of recommendations by the Queensland Law Reform Commission, which includes repealing laws that allow police to pose as clients and entrap workers.

Respect Inc and DecrimQLD’s campaign manager, Janelle Fawkes, is calling for a moratorium on these police powers while sex workers await legislative changes.

“As sex workers, we don’t trust the police and that’s not only because they appear to … charge us for really minor offences,” Fawkes says.

Sign up for Guardian Australia’s free morning and afternoon email newsletters for your daily news roundup

“But it’s also because … there are hundreds of stories of sex workers being treated really badly.”

Queensland’s police minister, Mark Ryan, says: “Like all Queenslanders, I expect all members of the Queensland Police Service to act in accordance with the law.”

A Queensland police spokesperson says the “QPS is obligated to investigate offences against Queensland legislation [and] this includes illegal prostitution”.

They said it was “not appropriate to release specific details of methodologies and ongoing police investigations”.

Sex work is currently under a licensing framework in Queensland, with the majority of workers considered “unlawful” or unlicensed.

Decriminalisation would change sex workers’ lives in many small but significant ways. Private workers will be able to share accommodation with other sex workers, employ a receptionist and text other workers before or after a booking to check they’re safe.

They will also be able to advertise what services they offer – a big win for trans and gender-diverse workers – and work at the same hotel as another sex worker without being charged.

Hope, an Aboriginal sex worker says she’s felt unsafe a few times at work but has been unable to message a friend under the current laws.

“I’ve had times where a client has wanted to keep me for longer or where things started to feel unsafe … if they got violent, nobody would’ve known where I was,” she says.

Hope says current work options in Queensland are limited, with only 20 brothels operating across the state.

Related: ‘Forced to move home’: discrimination of Queensland sex workers needs to end, say advocates

“You will raise … safety concerns or OH&S issues … and then you’re been labelled as the troublemaker and they basically say, ‘there’s no shift for you this week’,” Hope says.

“If you’re somebody that speaks out in a couple of those, you end up not being welcome in any of them.”

There are other issues, like exemptions to the state’s anti-discrimination act that allow sex workers to be discriminated against when working in other jobs whcich involve children, or in securing accommodation.

The state government is expected to introduce legislation to address these issues before the next election.

“That kind of vilification has a major impact on people’s sense of self, safety and housing stability,” Fawkes says.

But despite the decades of stigma and vilification, sex workers are feeling optimistic about the changes to come.

“Decriminalisation will mean being able to run our businesses, look after our clientele, working as professionals without any stigmatising labels,” Coles said.

“Sex workers aren’t going to hold grudges … we look forward to a brighter future.”

*Names have been changed

funinqld
29-04-2023, 11:25 AM
Soory forgot to title this but i saw it this morning and thought I would post it as it has some interesting stuff in there. Especially how these dumb laws work against women in the industry.

VFlowers
29-04-2023, 12:01 PM
Soory forgot to title this but i saw it this morning and thought I would post it as it has some interesting stuff in there. Especially how these dumb laws work against women in the industry.

Thanks for posting this.

Here is the link to the original article:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2023/apr/29/it-was-frightening-undercover-stings-on-sex-workers-criticised-as-queensland-moves-to-decriminalisation

And another one by the same author from a few days ago:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2023/apr/24/queensland-to-decriminalise-sex-work-as-review-recommends-new-advertising-rules

Selecta
14-10-2023, 02:50 PM
Anyone know if there an update to this legislation change?

funinqld
15-10-2023, 09:25 AM
It will take a while I recon.

Who Killed Tangerine
15-10-2023, 10:12 AM
It will take a while I recon.

Any other amazing insights?
Maybe how wet water is?

funinqld
15-10-2023, 02:53 PM
Is that all you have to contribute....abuse?
Its only just started so it will be over a year and thats not including the hassles the legislation will get from the religious nuts here in QLD.

madness123
15-10-2023, 03:47 PM
You,you,you ....you come in here ...and you know you are wrong......you are wrong ...wrong, wrong wrong, ...you, you, you know you can't count all your chickens before they come home to roost....Goodness gracious me...I know what you're trying to do ...we don't want that kind of thing up here.....just you wait and see .....Don't you worry about that!

Is this the benevolent dictator you were referring to?
Hilarious for those that recognise that "material" Gold! Dont you, you, putting words in my mouth....

RLC
16-10-2023, 07:34 AM
Is that all you have to contribute....abuse?
Its only just started so it will be over a year and thats not including the hassles the legislation will get from the religious nuts here in QLD.

The religious nuts just need to make sure the legislation is secure enough that they don’t get caught between the sheets with their favourite hooker so their hypocrisy remains hidden.

Selecta
16-10-2023, 12:25 PM
Any other amazing insights?
Maybe how wet water is?
Troll mentality! 🤡

Who Killed Tangerine
16-10-2023, 03:21 PM
Troll mentality! 🤡

And your comment is better?
If I promise to be better, will you?

funinqld
17-10-2023, 07:07 AM
Lol yes probably a few politicians involved in all areas. Should just follow NSW lead and legalise it all. Better for the girls especially safety wise.....and selfish to say but better for us too....way better

kaankaant
18-10-2023, 11:26 AM
Next QLD state election is just over 12 months away. What's the bet the legislation still isn't changed by then.. a change of government ensues, and the current laws remain in place for another 20 years...

VFlowers
26-10-2023, 06:58 PM
Here we go already....
Found this in my letterbox today.

Massageloverbris
26-10-2023, 07:52 PM
Fuck !! What organisation putting that out ? Some people just don’t have a life .

Peterpecker
27-10-2023, 01:56 AM
It’s on the card! Australian Christian Lobby, A far right nut job lobby group.

Massageloverbris
27-10-2023, 08:14 AM
Ahh yes sorry should of put my glasses on hahah

RLC
27-10-2023, 08:20 AM
Just wait till they come door knocking about this.

funinqld
27-10-2023, 09:53 AM
Would love to put one out about having a church in your Neiborhood. The worlds biggest and most well funded paedophile organization

Reverend Lovejoy
27-10-2023, 10:54 AM
A brothel next door?
I wouldn't have so far to walk!

No Pay
27-10-2023, 04:12 PM
i'm sick and tired of all these talk about Decriminalisation

people here like to think that things will get better with the Decriminalisation

truth is : quality will still be shit, and prices will still be high.

NathanA
27-10-2023, 04:13 PM
A brothel next door?
I wouldn't have so far to walk!

yes, it might also make it easier for your daughter to apply for a job there.

VFlowers
27-10-2023, 05:58 PM
The 'Nuruguru/Gavinator/No Pay/Miiata/NathanA' multi-username troll has entered the debate and, as usual, has valuable insights to share...

ravvg
27-10-2023, 06:40 PM
The 'Nuruguru/Gavinator/No Pay/Miiata/NathanA/VFlowers/Herpetology' multi-username troll has entered the debate and, as usual, has valuable insights to share...

you left out the last two.

Reverend Lovejoy
28-10-2023, 10:02 AM
yes, it might also make it easier for your daughter to apply for a job there.
Don't have a daughter, but nice try mate.

Herpetology
28-10-2023, 01:07 PM
What a lot of crap talking guys OMG
You got no Idea
Do you understand this process
Meeting with Governments both State and Federal
Apply a new system takes a long time
Minister meetings via a working committee
Working groups with Minister and Private Sector meeting over many months
Industry and other Agencies imput
New Act and Legislation
The matter could take over 2 years to pass
Continue with your crap dreams

Herps

miiata
28-10-2023, 01:25 PM
You got no Idea
Miiata

funinqld
29-10-2023, 10:54 AM
Jeeeeezus. Lets just hope it will go through. Firstly it will be safer for the girls so they can work together.
And i am sure secondly it will be better service eventually. especially if Sydney girls hear about it and move down

exflux
31-10-2023, 10:59 AM
Jeeeeezus. Lets just hope it will go through. Firstly it will be safer for the girls so they can work together.
And i am sure secondly it will be better service eventually. especially if Sydney girls hear about it and move down

yes, Sydney girls are in a hurry to hear about it and move down here and suck dick and make more money. after all, there are more jobs in QLD and the food is cheaper, more opportunities and more rich people and so on ...........

popeye96
31-10-2023, 06:16 PM
Little to no chance of prices decreasing. Unfortunately standard base prices for services have already been set. Maybe get a better deal if you can negotiate. If the industry gets decriminalized, best case would be the possibility of an influx of some new young talent. But with platforms like onlyfans out there, even that may not eventuate.

CumShot
31-10-2023, 06:47 PM
You got no Idea
Do you understand this process
Meeting with Governments both State and Federal
Apply a new system takes a long time
Minister meetings via a working committee
Working groups with Minister and Private Sector meeting over many months
Industry and other Agencies imput
New Act and Legislation
The matter could take over 2 years to pass
Continue with your crap dreams

Herps

well you will know it's already been going on for two years since it was referred to the QLRC.

funinqld
14-02-2024, 08:05 PM
They are looking at it now ish. In the next few weeks apparently.