PDA

View Full Version : General talk What are your hobbies?

Rookiestones
11-05-2023, 12:24 PM
When I'm in the office, I tend to get in the habit of browsing this forum and different shop rosters out of interest then spend hours umming or arring whether to punt or not. First world problems.

Anyways, to be more productive with life in general and spend my energy/focus elsewhere, I'm trying to get into different hobbies. They are:

1. Fishing (I'm a amateur)
2. Gardening (house needs a refresh)
3. Carpentry (little projects)
4. Road trips/ Camping
5. New skill like digital marketing
6. Exercises. Need to improve my physical health and fitness

What are your hobbies?

Daffy
11-05-2023, 01:00 PM
I stopped most of my hobbies when I had my kid, but am slowly coming back to them now she is a bit older.

Getting back into reading (time to do the “Wheel of Time” series end to end again) and I can leave my miniatures out for the paint to dry now

Nerius13
11-05-2023, 01:03 PM
1. Amateur Naval Historian
2. Supernatural Investigations no not a "ghost buster lol. Just like to look into where these stories start and how people get carried away. Use equipment like thermal cameras as proof of ghosts. Just had the switchboards in one of the buildings I look after done and you can catch your own thermal shadow easy
3. Exploring the old routes of roads and ghost towns there are a few quite close to Sydney.
4. Computers
5. Photography amateur and I collect old cameras nothing fancy or very costly.

MegaMonger
11-05-2023, 05:54 PM
Nice thread!

My hobbies -
1. FIFA - I was making a nice income from tutoring people in FIFA when i lived in Korea. The internet here is a bit too iffy for me to do it...but i still play for an hour or two most days.
2. Footy - i play over 45's Aussie Rules. It is a lot of fun and at my age it is good to exercise with other old blokes.
3. Building and repairing computers
4. BBQ! I love learning more about smoking and grilling every day.
5. Soccer. I watch the EPL and also follow the A-League and K-League.

CFH
11-05-2023, 06:06 PM
Photography
some Fishing
Collecting
Bushwalking

Luis Smith
11-05-2023, 06:16 PM
I like browsing some websites and find someting interesting. I also like chatting with girls.

rooter
11-05-2023, 07:41 PM
Come in Wazza! Come in spinner!

warwick1
11-05-2023, 08:06 PM
Come in Wazza! Come in spinner!

I was a very keen surfer in my youth travelled through Indo many times
I love fishing, Sydney Harbour for kingies in summer
I was employed as a Video Editor now retired I still do a little freelance
Family takes up most of my time
I love cooking, I'm into Moroccan food at the moment since I was given a Tajine recently
I love music of the 70s and 80s
And a big movie buff

Magictits8
11-05-2023, 08:14 PM
Don't have much time these days. Current hobbies:
Punting in penny stocks
Learning Mandarin

punther
11-05-2023, 08:19 PM
Chess
Music/Piano
Training in kickboxing
Swimming
Gym - Light weights as I'm getting old now
Training in swords, bo staff, nun chuks
Watching Twitch
Reading books, studying & learning new things
Licking pussy and cumming

GoldfishMan
11-05-2023, 09:21 PM
Love this thread. Love reading all these hobbies that you guys are sharing, I feel like I'm getting a slice of your lives. Great escape from my own mundane existence!

l337dude
11-05-2023, 10:27 PM
hobbies, punting, netflix + chill, gym
no time for other hobbies I'm afraid and I also have no interest in trying others

Meng
12-05-2023, 12:10 AM
Gym and gaming. I've also been getting really into the whole sustainability stuff. I've got a worm farm and those tumbler composters.

I drink way too much coffee and I've been watching YouTube videos of people growing mushrooms from coffee grounds. Lol might give that a go.

Also love cooking and special ingredients.

nxrsr20
12-05-2023, 07:38 PM
Hobbies are very subjective and dependent on what you want to achieve.

I enjoy my sports, guitar and exploring.

asiafever
12-05-2023, 07:48 PM
My hobbies are chewing bubble gum and kicking ass, and I'm all out of gum...

No, my hobbies, if you can call them that, are gym, have an interest in geo-politics, music - mostly heavy music, travel (though done too little over the past 4 years), am an avid sports fan cricket, afl, athletics, not so much soccer these days, used to love watching movies, still do but again not so much time these days, love watching comedians do their thing.. there's probably more, I just feel that life is way too short and it's there to be experienced, so that's what I try to do.

madness123
12-05-2023, 08:02 PM
And watching "They Live" Id guess...

asiafever
12-05-2023, 08:43 PM
And watching "They Live" Id guess...

The late great Rowdy Roddy Piper ad libbed the line and it's a classic.

madness123
12-05-2023, 08:51 PM
Gold indeed, total classic.

colintheboyy
13-05-2023, 01:10 AM
Used to do a bit music composition and performing, but I've just been trying to get into shape by taking walks or checking out for books of any genre really

119tcs
13-05-2023, 11:33 AM
Fast cars and bikes

ColesBag
13-05-2023, 12:23 PM
I love fishing, Sydney Harbour for kingies in summerf

I don't fish but I see people at Kurraba Point park & wharf a fair bit around sunset onwards pulling in heaps of fish.

ColesBag
13-05-2023, 12:41 PM
Soccer & sex are my hobbies. I can't get enough of both.

OLD SNAKE
13-05-2023, 11:30 PM
outside of punting and making money, i enjoy catch up with friends and going for a car cruise, some days i take the out the BMW or the Ford, it depends on which is being temperamental and wants to start, the Mercedes is just a comfortable daily driver,

Renegade86
26-08-2023, 04:23 PM
Taking dog for wall or dog park, cooking and travel.

personaa
26-08-2023, 08:25 PM
My main hobbies are swimming and tennis, I swim 5 days a week and nothing can stop me, as I would feel very depressed if I'm not meeting my target. I also play tennis once a week. Apart from these, I watch classic and noir films and I read a lot (Not just the threads here!)

Sibon
26-08-2023, 09:07 PM
Reading is my only hobby.

I read even when I wait for my turn in the waiting room of a massage parlour.

I think all the waiting rooms of massage parlours should have a bookshelf for readers like me.

Thank God for books. Without reading I think I could be drifting to committing crimes or serving my jail term.

dotcumdotinyou
27-08-2023, 08:57 AM
I think you should include all the fictional writing you do on this forum as a hobby sibon

JSteel96
27-08-2023, 12:06 PM
When I'm in the office, I tend to get in the habit of browsing this forum and different shop rosters out of interest then spend hours umming or arring whether to punt or not. First world problems.

Anyways, to be more productive with life in general and spend my energy/focus elsewhere, I'm trying to get into different hobbies. They are:

1. Fishing (I'm a amateur)
2. Gardening (house needs a refresh)
3. Carpentry (little projects)
4. Road trips/ Camping
5. New skill like digital marketing
6. Exercises. Need to improve my physical health and fitness

What are your hobbies?

Daty with Asian Milfs

Footballpunter
27-08-2023, 12:15 PM
Daty with Asian Milfs

Hehe, I think he’s talking about the not sexual kind. Lol

For me, I try to work out 1-2 hrs when I’m at home and not traveling. I’m also have a YouTube channel that’s like a hobby for me. Keeping up with business news and investing is another other one. I’m trying to start a new thing, maybe a podcast or something when the guys can just talk and share their stories. Anyone down for that?

Steve88
27-08-2023, 09:03 PM
I’m an all round punter. I love a bet and watching sport.

personaa
27-08-2023, 09:20 PM
A YouTube channel for punting in Sydney would be amazing, Imagine all kind of ads that would pop by the algorithm in the beginning!!

1inchguy
28-08-2023, 12:06 AM
I like long walks on the beach

gedinsyd
28-08-2023, 01:28 AM
Walks, photography, music - sometimes I manage to enjoy these hobbies while on the way to or from a punt

refokkused
28-08-2023, 06:24 AM
- dining out, trying new places here and abroad
- music
- dabbling in a bit of gaming last year or so

Abracadabra
28-08-2023, 09:13 AM
Nice thread!

My hobbies -
1. FIFA - I was making a nice income from tutoring people in FIFA when i lived in Korea. The internet here is a bit too iffy for me to do it...but i still play for an hour or two most days.
2. Footy - i play over 45's Aussie Rules. It is a lot of fun and at my age it is good to exercise with other old blokes.
3. Building and repairing computers
4. BBQ! I love learning more about smoking and grilling every day.
5. Soccer. I watch the EPL and also follow the A-League and K-League.

Ant BBQ recommendations MM?

I'm looking to buy a BBQ and as usual, there are so many options and techniques!
Have been looking at Beefeater and Weber of late.

bung72
28-08-2023, 10:30 PM
Bushwalking, kayaking, abseiling....