PDA

View Full Version : General talk The surprising reality of owning and operating a brothel

aussiegaigin
11-05-2023, 10:34 PM
People have been asking about this previously. Here is on insight:

https://www.realcommercial.com.au/news/the-surprising-reality-of-owning-and-operating-a-brothel

ReginaldBubbles
11-05-2023, 11:35 PM
Only 5 rooms allowed in NSW??

Nelly69
11-05-2023, 11:55 PM
yeah, I read that. I am sure stiletto have over a dozen rooms... and N5M has more than 5...

Cookytim
12-05-2023, 12:10 AM
Well tbh, its prolly a good thing for us punters, imagine what they could charge if they allowed unlimited rooms🤷*♂️

Climax598
12-05-2023, 12:14 AM
42,Ginza Empire, Ginza club, have more more more than 5 rooms more like 20 to 30 rooms. Maybe have multiple licences?

Ghost2hauntU
12-05-2023, 02:03 AM
People have been asking about this previously. Here is on insight:

https://www.realcommercial.com.au/news/the-surprising-reality-of-owning-and-operating-a-brothel

Blacktown 40. They stripped the shit out of it.

bung72
12-05-2023, 07:50 AM
yeah, I read that. I am sure stiletto have over a dozen rooms... and N5M has more than 5...

Maybe they just have a lot of storage rooms and offices?? :)

GoldfishMan
12-05-2023, 08:18 AM
Only 5 rooms allowed in NSW??

Nah, the writer didn't do his homework properly. This is false journalism.

That limit of 5 rooms applies to QLD, not NSW. It's in this document:
https://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/researchpapers/Documents/brothel-regulation-in-nsw/Brothel%20Regulation%20in%20NSW%20Aug%202015.pdf

I think what he did was he did a Google search for "NSW brothel room limit", and just took the results straight out of the Google search results summary for this NSW Gov website.

The problem is, the Google search summary can often be generated out of context, especially if the info is in a block of text, like a table in a PDF document.

asiafever
12-05-2023, 09:27 AM
Nah, the writer didn't do his homework properly. This is false journalism.

That limit of 5 rooms applies to QLD, not NSW. It's in this document:
https://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/researchpapers/Documents/brothel-regulation-in-nsw/Brothel%20Regulation%20in%20NSW%20Aug%202015.pdf

I think what he did was he did a Google search for "NSW brothel room limit", and just took the results straight out of the Google search results summary for this NSW Gov website.

The problem is, the Google search summary can often be generated out of context, especially if the info is in a block of text, like a table in a PDF document.

To add to that, the owner of the place in Melbourne has come out and said the man interviewed is not now and has never been a part owner in the named business at all. So all in all fairly bad journalism.

GoldfishMan
12-05-2023, 09:48 AM
To add to that, the owner of the place in Melbourne has come out and said the man interviewed is not now and has never been a part owner in the named business at all. So all in all fairly bad journalism.

Yes, very poor indeed.

wilisno
12-05-2023, 12:44 PM
All journalists have some sibon in them. ;) ;) ;)

BDU
12-05-2023, 03:12 PM
Funnily enough I am currently looking into opening a Massage shop with a few friends and current MLs. Location is the key at the mo.

OLD SNAKE
12-05-2023, 05:02 PM
Funnily enough I am currently looking into opening a Massage shop with a few friends and current MLs. Location is the key at the mo.

Yes pedestrian traffic is the most important factor in operating this type of business, thats why you find most suburban massage shops are near the railway line, and it meets councils zoning regulations,
but you need to choose your location carefully due to crime and economic status of the suburb, also being a commercial property be prepared to sign a minimum 2-5 year contract, place a minimum 3 months rent into a bond account, provide tenant insurance to the owner and pay for all utilities, water, electricity and share of council rates and cleaning of common area, than there is the fit out costs involved too, so its wise to have at least 6 months worth of operational capital before you start,
in terms of returns expect from a 2 lady shop, as no licence is required around $300-$400 a day as on average each girls only sees around 5 to 6 customers a day and not all pay for an hour, and you only get 1/2 of shops standard charges and $0 from the girls tips

colintheboyy
13-05-2023, 01:13 AM
Pretty interesting article, lot of rules to follow which isn't surprising, but at the same time there's so much competition out there which does make it intimidating

GoldfishMan
13-05-2023, 09:10 AM
Yes pedestrian traffic is the most important factor in operating this type of business, thats why you find most suburban massage shops are near the railway line, and it meets councils zoning regulations,
but you need to choose your location carefully due to crime and economic status of the suburb, also being a commercial property be prepared to sign a minimum 2-5 year contract, place a minimum 3 months rent into a bond account, provide tenant insurance to the owner and pay for all utilities, water, electricity and share of council rates and cleaning of common area, than there is the fit out costs involved too, so its wise to have at least 6 months worth of operational capital before you start,
in terms of returns expect from a 2 lady shop, as no licence is required around $300-$400 a day as on average each girls only sees around 5 to 6 customers a day and not all pay for an hour, and you only get 1/2 of shops standard charges and $0 from the girls tips

The foot traffic factor is particularly difficult to do with this type of business, though. You would also want to be discreet, due to the nature of the services offered. You'd want to be not too near the major thoroughfare, but near enough to not be a hike to get to.

And I think the convenience of the location is really secondary to the other major factors for these types of shops, namely reputation for quality girls, facilities, being discreet, and marketing in forums like this one.

Soton
13-05-2023, 10:49 AM
Checked out now

ColesBag
13-05-2023, 11:11 AM
So all in all fairly bad journalism. Journalism isn't a real profession so not surprised.

OLD SNAKE
13-05-2023, 08:38 PM
The foot traffic factor is particularly difficult to do with this type of business, though. You would also want to be discreet, due to the nature of the services offered. You'd want to be not too near the major thoroughfare, but near enough to not be a hike to get to.

And I think the convenience of the location is really secondary to the other major factors for these types of shops, namely reputation for quality girls, facilities, being discreet, and marketing in forums like this one.

Nothing is difficult at all, just look at establish business locations, these days the only ones who are really worried about discretion, are ones stupid enough to punt near your own work or home, interns of convenience it is very important because you want to be able to get to the shops location without any difficulties, but agree the quality of girls are very important, as no one wants a bush pig jerking off their gherkins

Soton
14-05-2023, 01:21 AM
as no one wants a bush pig jerking off their gherkins
Now if u could just work that in to a Valentines message it would be gold

OLD SNAKE
14-05-2023, 02:02 PM
Valentines day is a reflection of love
thats why i removed all the mirrors from the house
so you don't see your reflection of a push big jerking a gherkin
Happy Valentines Day
love desperate and horny

Double_Adapter
14-05-2023, 03:47 PM
as no one wants a bush pig jerking off their gherkins

Now if u could just work that in to a Valentines message it would be gold

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'll paint a picture for you, like a gherkin being pleasured by a wild untamed woman.