PDA

View Full Version : Question Language barrier

kere
22-05-2023, 10:17 PM
How do you deal with language barriers between yourself and the ML/WL?
Have you ever had sessions where it was almost complete silence?

I want to learn how to deal with this problem to get the most enjoyment of my sessions.

ColesBag
22-05-2023, 10:44 PM
Learn a little bit of Mandarin, that should solve your problems.

As a 100% Strayan I've even gone to the trouble to learn a little bit of Mandarin. The Chinese ladies fucking love it.

OLD SNAKE
22-05-2023, 11:15 PM
learn hand signals,

GoldfishMan
22-05-2023, 11:50 PM

As a 100% Strayan I've even gone to the trouble to learn a little bit of Mandarin. The Chinese ladies fucking love it.
And you know why that is true? It's because out of all the foreign nationals in Oz, the Chinese are the worst at picking up the English language.

Not saying all of them are like that, but the chances of running into a person from the PRC living here who cannot speak English is a lot higher than any of the other nationalities. I think it's because they such a big diaspora here that they can actually get by in life without needing to learn English.

Magictits8
22-05-2023, 11:57 PM
Nothing wrong with using google translate during the session.

refokkused
23-05-2023, 12:03 AM
And you know why that is true? It's because out of all the foreign nationals in Oz, the Chinese are the worst at picking up the English language.

Not saying all of them are like that, but the chances of running into a person from the PRC living here who cannot speak English is a lot higher than any of the other nationalities. I think it's because they such a big diaspora here that they can actually get by in life without needing to learn English.

That or they're of the belief - the rest of the world can learn Mandarin =)

frisson
23-05-2023, 12:06 AM
Well done for learning Mandarin
For an English speaker it must be a challenge with all the short Mando words that all join up, many of the short words sounding very different to English words. How do you even begin to study it as an adult?

frisson
23-05-2023, 12:08 AM

The truth is that English was designed to be difficult. The varying pronunciations of the same letters in different words, is constructed to show in conversation, who is and who isn't a native speaker

As proof, note the many many hard to pronounce English county/town names

Within a few minutes locals can tell if you are an outsider

kere
23-05-2023, 12:14 AM
Is there anything wrong with staying silent during a session? I feel weird for doing that.

ReginaldBubbles
23-05-2023, 02:00 AM
That or they're of the belief - the rest of the world can learn Mandarin =)

Doubt it. Much more of an English speaker thing to expect everyone else to learn English.

ReginaldBubbles
23-05-2023, 02:01 AM
The truth is that English was designed to be difficult. The varying pronunciations of the same letters in different words, is constructed to show in conversation, who is and who isn't a native speaker

As proof, note the many many hard to pronounce English county/town names

Within a few minutes locals can tell if you are an outsider

Lol this is a weird conspiracy theory. Languages evolve more than they're actually "designed".

The Sampler
23-05-2023, 02:17 AM
The translator in WeChat is how I do it or Google translate

Ghost2hauntU
23-05-2023, 02:39 AM

These are usually my punts when there is almost no English spoken.

sukeong
23-05-2023, 02:42 AM
Doubt it. Much more of an English speaker thing to expect everyone else to learn English.

Yep. Actually more of a banana and Anglo belief that everyone should learn English and that most Chinese dun bother to learn the language here whereas almost all overseas Chinese I know of in Australia do speak the English language of varying fluency.

However plenty of westernerd in china never bothered to learn the local language even after living there got years and this despite them getting Chinese girlfriend or wives. I give Europeans a pass they usually already know afew languages but most Anglos are notorious for knowing just one language.

Sibon
23-05-2023, 04:17 AM
Use the body language if everything fails.

Out of boredom and greed I once set about learning German, Japanese and French. Among them I spent a good 5 years in Japanese. But practising it with a Japanese WL is an expensive way of learning the language.

The other day I confused nameru with sawaru. The Japanese WL in 200 Stanmore pointed it out to me one was suck and the other was touch.

To save further embarrassment I limited myself with kissing her although she said she didn't do kissing at the beginning. She eventually stuck her tongue into my mouth. Best kissing I've ever had in a parlour.

warwick1
23-05-2023, 07:06 AM
Tread carefully Wazzabot, I feel you are being baited with some first class BS..............

Kiryu0
23-05-2023, 12:06 PM
It'd be less of a language barrier if they actually tried to speak English and people maybe stop fully accommodating them?

It's like all those Asian groups I sometimes get in Uni... Bad English and only hangs around fellow Chinese speaking Chinese. That doesn't help you when studying accounting standards guys!!

Double_Adapter
23-05-2023, 02:11 PM
Why stop at mando? might as well start learning hindi, punjabi, urdu, bengali, and tamil - India has officially overtaken China as the world's most populous country. Harris Park will be renamed to Little India or Indiatown, and before you know punters will start getting brown fever and bollywoodian's....perhaps one day AHL will go for indianish over the usual spanish.

cuteguy
23-05-2023, 03:26 PM
Nothing wrong with using google translate during the session.

Too much wasting time. No English then no session and money for them. They should have some basic English skills.

It makes you wonder what student visa girls enrolled in English courses are actually studying.😆 In fact, studying guys and their penises!🤣

Kiryu0
23-05-2023, 03:29 PM
Too much wasting time. No English then no session and money for them. They should have some basic English skills.

It makes you wonder what student visa girls enrolled in English courses are actually studying.�� In fact, studying guys and their penises!��

This, Japanese and Koreans have way better grasp of English than Chinese. One of the reasons I'm hesitant to see Chinese WLs

dotcumdotinyou
23-05-2023, 04:39 PM
Don't know about Japan but Korean schools have had compulsory English classes from year 1 for a long long time now.

Sibon
23-05-2023, 06:14 PM
I wouldn't advise anyone to learn a new language. It just consumes too much time.

Then I had plenty time to waste coming to work in a new country called Australia. And I only had to work 5 days a week. And I finished work at 3pm with no where to go. I went to a public library to take a nap waiting for my Japanese class to start at 6pm. :)

I met the half Japanese Claire of 227 North Strathfield. After 45 minutes of Japanese conversation with her she opened up for part II at the last 15 minutes. I just lost interest in the sex part. I was starting to treat her like my Japanese teacher.

I have been avoiding Japanese WLs since then. :)

frisson
23-05-2023, 10:49 PM
Lol this is a weird conspiracy theory. Languages evolve more than they're actually "designed".

The US language was designed. It got rid of a lot of the idiosyncracies of English spelling
Uses 'color' instead of 'colour' etc

kere
23-05-2023, 11:56 PM
Language learning aside, how do you guys get used to the awkward silence of language barriers during your sessions?
I want to learn to get used to this.

rooter
23-05-2023, 11:59 PM
Talking is overrated. Silence is golden.

kere
24-05-2023, 12:10 AM
I wish I could get used to that bro. Every time it's dead silent, I feel I gotta say something...

Double_Adapter
24-05-2023, 07:51 AM
The US language was designed. It got rid of a lot of the idiosyncracies of English spelling

It's a shame they forgot to get rid of their imperial measurements like foot, inches, pounds, gallons, horsepower, mile, fathom.

frisson
24-05-2023, 08:13 AM
It's a shame they forgot to get rid of their imperial measurements like foot, inches, pounds, gallons, horsepower, mile, fathom.
The Americans very deliberately like to do things in their own terms unfortunately including language and measurement units. I agree it's not good

Double_Adapter
24-05-2023, 08:34 AM
The Americans very deliberately like to do things in their own terms unfortunately including language and measurement units. I agree it's not good

Try saying I've got a 7 inch cock to an Aussie millennial, it really fucks them up as they try and do a mental conversion to cm or mm. And what the fuck is all that bullshit with driving on the wrong side of the road, even the steering wheel is on the wrong side! You can fuck that. I reckon the yanks got influenced by the frogs. The frogs hate all things British.

thunder545454
24-05-2023, 09:42 AM
Talking is overrated. Silence is golden.

Feel that sometimes I want to just relax and enjoy a massage, not repeat my life story to someone for an hour.

11Bravo
29-05-2023, 08:21 PM
How do you deal with language barriers between yourself and the ML/WL?
Have you ever had sessions where it was almost complete silence?

I want to learn how to deal with this problem to get the most enjoyment of my sessions.No disrespect, but this seems to be YOU. Why do you feel the need to fill the silence? That's a sign of nerviness. Most of us are NOT there for the conversations, but for other physical stimulations. It's NOT a bar pickup. It's BUSINESS.

Personally, I walk in, say hi, the pro-forma how are you, hand the massage fee to her, strip and shower (if en-suite) while she goes to pay the desk, and lay on the table face down. Pretty hard to hold a conversation with your face buried in a hole. Every now and again an encouraging word to her, as in "good massage". A number of shops, or she, will have some relaxing background music playing that I'll listen to, just relaxing. No effort being made to hold a conversation, which can be a strain on BOTH sides. On the flip, perhaps a brief conversation about extras and cost. From there, I'm just enjoying the sensations, and it would be a bit difficult for her to hold a conversation with her mouth full. If it's FS, the standard words of encouragement from both sides...

Having said that, I do indulge in a bit of conversation at the beginning, asking her where she's from, not country, but city. Having traveled extensively, there's a good chance I might have been there. If not, I'll mention some of the things I've enjoyed about HER country. EVERYONE takes pride in their own country. Just remember, with Asians, it's all about face, and not losing face. MY experience, most all I've met do speak enough English to carry on a simple conversation IF they feel relaxed. A few will talk during the massage, a number will not as, like I said, it can be a strain for BOTH parties to understand and make their way through the accents. Just speak slowly and clearly, NOT the "Do........You.......Speak.....English....." just enunciate clearly with simple words... One, while doing the b2b, was explaining where she'd been, but I wasn't getting it; she kept drawing triangles on the table. Finally, I got it; she'd been to Egypt (and had the photos on her phone to prove it). Another SYT, as we slowly got the conversation going, mentioned she was paying for English lessons but she was having a difficult time, her teacher was Indian with an ACCENT. I told her I FULLY understood, given a number of conversations with tech support... When I've hit a language speed bump, I use translate on my phone for the word or phrase. Likewise, if I'm not picking up, she might grab her phone and use her translation function (I type, she draws the Chinese characters).

And remember, if she had a great life, she wouldn't be there, so keep your expectations grounded. Like I say, some are quiet and just want to earn some money without a lot of extra effort with a conversation, so enjoy the peace and quiet, RELAX. You DON'T have to fill the gaps. Others, especially regulars, MIGHT participate in a conversation thread; other times not.

You want a conversation? Go find a bartender...

kere
29-05-2023, 08:32 PM
No disrespect, but this seems to be YOU. Why do you feel the need to fill the silence? That's a sign of nerviness. Most of us are NOT there for the conversations, but for other physical stimulations. It's NOT a bar pickup. It's BUSINESS.

Personally, I walk in, say hi, the pro-forma how are you, hand the massage fee to her, strip and shower (if en-suite) while she goes to pay the desk, and lay on the table face down. Pretty hard to hold a conversation with your face buried in a hole. Every now and again an encouraging word to her, as in "good massage". A number of shops, or she, will have some relaxing background music playing that I'll listen to, just relaxing. No effort being made to hold a conversation, which can be a strain on BOTH sides. On the flip, perhaps a brief conversation about extras and cost. From there, I'm just enjoying the sensations, and it would be a bit difficult for her to hold a conversation with her mouth full. If it's FS, the standard words of encouragement from both sides...

Having said that, I do indulge in a bit of conversation at the beginning, asking her where she's from, not country, but city. Having traveled extensively, there's a good chance I might have been there. If not, I'll mention some of the things I've enjoyed about HER country. EVERYONE takes pride in their own country. Just remember, with Asians, it's all about face, and not losing face. MY experience, most all I've met do speak enough English to carry on a simple conversation IF they feel relaxed. A few will talk during the massage, a number will not as, like I said, it can be a strain for BOTH parties to understand and make their way through the accents. Just speak slowly and clearly, NOT the "Do........You.......Speak.....English....." just enunciate clearly with simple words... One, while doing the b2b, was explaining where she'd been, but I wasn't getting it; she kept drawing triangles on the table. Finally, I got it; she'd been to Egypt (and had the photos on her phone to prove it). Another SYT, as we slowly got the conversation going, mentioned she was paying for English lessons but she was having a difficult time, her teacher was Indian with an ACCENT. I told her I FULLY understood, given a number of conversations with tech support... When I've hit a language speed bump, I use translate on my phone for the word or phrase. Likewise, if I'm not picking up, she might grab her phone and use her translation function (I type, she draws the Chinese characters).

And remember, if she had a great life, she wouldn't be there, so keep your expectations grounded. Like I say, some are quiet and just want to earn some money without a lot of extra effort with a conversation, so enjoy the peace and quiet, RELAX. You DON'T have to fill the gaps. Others, especially regulars, MIGHT participate in a conversation thread; other times not.

You want a conversation? Go find a bartender...

Yeah I guess I was too used to being social that it seeped through to these sessions when the context of a massage doesn't really call for being social.
Thank you for the refreshing perspective since there are times when it helps both sides to not worry about maintaining a convo.

GoldfishMan
29-05-2023, 08:41 PM
Those are wise words from 11Bravo. Kudos, bro, and thanks for bringing the thread back on course. I myself am guilty of diverging from the OP!

Yeah, it's true, you don't really have to hold a convo about the meaning of life with the girl in these situations. Just enough info to let her know what you want and for her to let you know what she wants in return to give you what you want, that's all the communication you'll ever need in this transaction.

Think about how in ancient times Indian traders could trade with Chinese traders on the silk road. There was no Google translate back then, but it still worked. It's a trade, nothing more than that.

frisson
29-05-2023, 09:08 PM
I have had a few punts spoiled by too much talking.
It's generally the ML or WL who you can speak the same language
You end up talking and forgetting the reason you are there
Sometimes it's better to save conversations for your social life.

GoldfishMan
29-05-2023, 09:16 PM
I have had a few punts spoiled by too much talking.
It's generally the ML or WL who you can speak the same language
You end up talking and forgetting the reason you are there
Sometimes it's better to save conversations for your social life.

That's very true, bro. Too much talking about stuff, especially on things that are completely unrelated to sex, is a big distraction from the sex act itself.

I've had sessions where I completely didn't feel like sex after talking too much with the girl. I ended up being too deep in thought about something in that convo that she started to look like "work", lol!

frisson
29-05-2023, 09:21 PM
Too much talking about stuff, especially on things that are completely unrelated to sex, is a big distraction from the sex act itself.
I've had sessions where I completely didn't feel like sex after talking too much with the girl
Haha. After talking you lose that edge that you need to get the job done. I'm sure the lady knows this. More talk = less work
I respect that but this time together doesn't come for free

Sometimes in life, small talk gets in the way

GoldfishMan
29-05-2023, 09:36 PM
Haha. After talking you lose that edge that you need to get the job done. I'm sure the lady knows this. More talk = less work
I respect that but this time together doesn't come for free

Sometimes in life, small talk gets in the way

It happened 2 times to me, now that I think about it. 1 was J Mayu at SBM. I dunno what happened, she started to feel like a nagging wife after a while. That girl can talk, I swear.

The other one, fark I can't remember who or where, but I remember she presented me with a real life problem of hers and from then on all I could think about was that problem. WTF...

ReginaldBubbles
29-05-2023, 10:24 PM

That's spelling, not quite the same thing. Try pronouncing Vietnamese words and with the right tone, or countless other languages. Are they all designed to be difficult or have they just evolved as a means of communication?

GoldfishMan
29-05-2023, 10:35 PM
That's spelling, not quite the same thing. Try pronouncing Vietnamese words and with the right tone, or countless other languages. Are they all designed to be difficult or have they just evolved as a means of communication?

Lol yeah Vietnamese is really hard to figure out. You can't really use English "Pinyin" method on it.

I think it's because Vietnam was colonized by the French, so the "Pinyin" there is based on French. You have to read the alphabets out like how they would sound in French instead of English. Eg. Nguyen sounds like "nguing".

ReginaldBubbles
29-05-2023, 11:23 PM
Lol yeah Vietnamese is really hard to figure out. You can't really use English "Pinyin" method on it.

I think it's because Vietnam was colonized by the French, so the "Pinyin" there is based on French. You have to read the alphabets out like how they would sound in French instead of English. Eg. Nguyen sounds like "nguing".

Difference with Chinese Pinyin though is everyone uses the Roman alphabet so if you learn the sounds of different vowel and consonant combinations you can give it a go.

Jerminator
29-05-2023, 11:58 PM
Don't know about Japan but Korean schools have had compulsory English classes from year 1 for a long long time now.

They learn English in Japan's schools but the standard is extremely low. I was an exchange student to Japan during High School and during English class i was horrified to find out what they were learning as it was things i had learnt in Primary school (and i grew up in SEA)

frisson
30-05-2023, 06:21 PM
It happened 2 times to me, now that I think about it. 1 was J Mayu at SBM. I dunno what happened, she started to feel like a nagging wife after a while. That girl can talk, I swear.

The other one, fark I can't remember who or where, but I remember she presented me with a real life problem of hers and from then on all I could think about was that problem. WTF...

True. My approach is use the minimum of their language to show respect, then get down to business. You aren't there for small talk

Before long you get girlfriend pillow talk

Then pillow talk takes over from mattress action

11Bravo
31-05-2023, 11:00 AM
True. My approach is use the minimum of their language to show respect, then get down to business. You aren't there for small talk

Before long you get girlfriend pillow talk

Then pillow talk takes over from mattress actionAgree, I acknowledge her as an individual person, not just an orifice, with an initial bit of small talk, maybe a hello in Chinese. If Thai, IF there is an ongoing conversation, I'll sprinkle in some Thai words I know and see how long it takes her to catch on that perhaps I'm a bit more familiar with Thailand... But like you say, not there for the small talk. Most conversations are when I'm getting dressed and she's cleaning up the room. And, with me, it never progresses more than that - guess they don't feel like telling all to grandpa...

Off subject: Given that most all Asian languages are tonal, I'm doomed with my bad ears. I just can't distinguish the tones. In Thai, MY, to my ears, is NO. I've met a lot of girls named MY, and thought, geesh, who would name their kid "No". Then found out, with a different tone, MY is NEW. Still, if you make an effort, it is appreciated.

rooter
31-05-2023, 11:24 AM
Just speak very loudly in English. Everyone understands English if you speak very loudly.
Always works well when you are travelling overseas too.
Shopkeepers, waiters, bar staff, police, hotel staff etc they all really appreciate it.
The French especially really love it!

cuteguy
31-05-2023, 11:36 AM
This, Japanese and Koreans have way better grasp of English than Chinese. One of the reasons I'm hesitant to see Chinese WLs

Some of the latest Japanese arrivals have no English skills at all which makes it very difficult to engage in any conversation with the girl.

For example, I saw one Japanese girl recently who appeared in line up as not silent or reserved. She was giggling and smiling when she introduced herself. However, she couldn't even put a few English words together in the room. The only thing she could say was 'OK', 'OMG' or 'OH'. The 'OK' was used many times by the girl. I joked with her that they were all starting with the letter 'O'. I guess she didn't even understand this. She used her translator a lot towards the end of the session. In any event, it would be time consuming and inconvenient to be with a girl who can't speak English at all.

If someone finds conversation necessary to be part of the session then best to make enquiries prior to any bookings or choosing a girl in a line up. Then you will know upfront.

jsw1888
31-05-2023, 01:37 PM
Just speak very loudly in English. Everyone understands English if you speak very loudly.
Always works well when you are travelling overseas too.
Shopkeepers, waiters, bar staff, police, hotel staff etc they all really appreciate it.
The French especially really love it!

I find this an effective approach also

priapus1966
31-05-2023, 08:24 PM
Just remember that a girl with a cock in her mouth doesn't need to talk at all - and you won't want her to.

james12
01-06-2023, 04:42 AM
Don't really need to talk that much anyway, plus if they're here they probably think they have workable English to start with. Otherwise they usually go the "Asian only" route .

l337dude
01-06-2023, 12:52 PM
I prefer silence, I like to get into action straight away, that's what I'm there for, with a 30 mins FS session I don't wanna waste anytime, the last thing I wanna do is start a convo while she's BJing, believe me I've made the mistake before lol...
Most of my sessions are pretty standard, no DATY, just BJ -> condom -> sex in various positions, cum in condom, if I need to change position I just signal with my hand...most semi-experienced WL knows the drill anyway.

Rnt shops that's a different story lol...