PDA

View Full Version : Question Living, working, retirement in SE Asia

upskirtpervert
17-06-2023, 01:53 PM
Love to hear feedback on the pros, cons and any tips and advise on spending extensive periods in SAE.. probably most likely Vietnam.

I’d love to work (probably teaching English) and sample life in SAE, not just as a punter, but food, travel and giving something to locals in return.

Any feedback appreciated!

Aussieguyinsf
17-06-2023, 02:54 PM
What exactly are you giving locals in return?

upskirtpervert
17-06-2023, 02:57 PM
Teaching English ..

thefatness
17-06-2023, 02:57 PM
His sperms ……..

GoldfishMan
17-06-2023, 03:02 PM
Biggest negative for me is probably the heat and humidity. SEA is on the equator. Most countries around that area are always hot and humid. If you can handle that, there are probably more pros than cons.

Next thing down the negatives list is probably higher level of crime due to lowers socio economy of the general public.

upskirtpervert
17-06-2023, 03:49 PM
Thick and creamy - hot and sticky !

wilisno
17-06-2023, 03:59 PM
Biggest negative for me is probably the heat and humidity. SEA is on the equator. Most countries around that area are always hot and humid. If you can handle that, there are probably more pros than cons.

Next thing down the negatives list is probably higher level of crime due to lowers socio economy of the general public.

I don’t think higher level of crime is a concern, in fact, I feel safer in Vietnam, and crimes are not as violent as in western countries.

My problem is the crowd, the density of dwelling after living here for so long. You can never walk in a straight line without weaving through the dense pedestrian traffic.

Footballpunter
17-06-2023, 04:12 PM
I don’t think higher level of crime is a concern, in fact, I feel safer in Vietnam, and crimes are not as violent as in western countries.

My problem is the crowd, the density of dwelling after living here for so long. You can never walk in a straight line without weaving through the dense pedestrian traffic.

I echo the same. Had quite a long working stint in Hong Kong. Can't say I loved it. The weather did not bother me too much, but the constant flow of people after people after people on the streets gets old really fast. It's nothing against them, but just saying it's not something that I want.

ReginaldBubbles
17-06-2023, 04:29 PM

Quality upskirt videos

hornedbeast
17-06-2023, 05:45 PM
9 inch cock pounding!

GoldfishMan
17-06-2023, 05:49 PM
9 inch cock pounding!

Greetings, fellow part-Ecuadorean!

Riff888
17-06-2023, 06:02 PM
My super will definitely go a long way in Bali or Chang Mai.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

Ziggurat
17-06-2023, 06:36 PM

^ ^ ^ This, unfortunately.

I'm picturing the breeze through a lakeside villa with a young local girl to attend, cook and love you while patiently waiting for your assets to land in her lap ha ha. Are there such places?

personaa
17-06-2023, 06:48 PM
My main concern would be accessing Healthcare.

wilisno
17-06-2023, 07:34 PM

Unless you’re in a life threatening condition, I wouldn’t worry about that too much.

BassHLCYG
17-06-2023, 07:42 PM
Pretty much my dream too. Semi retiring, teaching some English and having a live in local (or three) look after me in all kinds of ways

OLD SNAKE
17-06-2023, 09:26 PM
you are thinking old school, these days people are working as digital nomads, so get yourself some online skill where you can work online and make western money,
if you want to be an english teacher make shore you have your teaching credentials in order, just because you speak english, doesn't mean you can teach it, and if you do decide to go for it make shore you know how to conduct THE Direct Entry Course for universities as thats what private colleges in asia are teaching

GoldfishMan
17-06-2023, 09:42 PM
you are thinking old school, these days people are working as digital nomads, so get yourself some online skill where you can work online and make western money,
if you want to be an english teacher make shore you have your teaching credentials in order, just because you speak english, doesn't mean you can teach it, and if you do decide to go for it make shore you know how to conduct THE Direct Entry Course for universities as thats what private colleges in asia are teaching

Not so easy anymore with the remote work, bro.

These days, the rules surrounding the location from where you can do the remote work has become a lot stricter than before. COVID forced the companies to look at the rules with a lot more detail.

For example, you likely would not be allowed to "officially" work for an Australian company remotely from somewhere like Thailand, if that company had no corporate presence in Thailand. This is because their HR policy would not have been designed to cover WHS in that country. They wouldn't want to run the risk of having you fall off a chair and be able to claim something from them that would not have been possible if the same thing had happened here.

Most companies never cared about this before COVID, but because COVID caused so many people to have to work remotely, it became an issue and now they are a whole lot stricter.

wilisno
17-06-2023, 10:07 PM
In Asia, like Vietnam, English schools mainly use foreign teachers to let the kids getting used to different accents, like English, American, Indian etc.. so foreign teachers usually teach geography, history etc, the main subjects that are essential to prepare them for higher education are taught by local teachers, like math, physics and Chemistry, even English, because they are taught from the basic, grammar is an important subject because it’s not their mother tongue. It’s hard to find an Australian that’s good in grammar for teaching… ;) ;) ;)

So, to be a teacher you don’t need a lot of degrees , some vocational certificates will do.

Action Pump
17-06-2023, 10:32 PM

I can vouch for Thailand as having one of the best healthcare that I've experienced. Of course it was a private hospital but it sure beats any Australian hospital hands down. You should consider getting health insurance whilst in any one of those countries.

andrewv
17-06-2023, 10:35 PM
Moving to SEA for retirement or simply for a cheaper life and access to beautiful young women is a good thing to aspire for. However, some serious planning and asset protection is needed.
In most SEA countries, foreigners are not allowed to own land, and many Aussie blokes buy land in the name of their young and sexy local partner.
But.... those relationships have an expiry date. They're not lifelong.

Believe it or not, some old Aussie gentlemen (early 70s onward) have come back to Australia penniless and often in poor health and are now living a miserable life at rundown aged care/nursing homes in Australia.

Moral of the story: Keep some assets safe in Australia if you go to Bali, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines.... because you might find that one day you need to be back when age gets you rejected by the heavenly destinations you have gone to for a decade or two.

SmithChips
17-06-2023, 10:44 PM
While there are some concerns with assets, if you do it well, believe it or not, more portion of Aussies actually come back to modern, flash aged care homes and reminiscent about their SE Asia retirement with young girls for 10-20 years than those who come back miserable. Do it well and play it safe!

personaa
17-06-2023, 10:53 PM
Remote IT work and earning AUD may have worked before

AI is changing coding forever and for other programming languages. No need to pay anyone AUD. Someone from India/ Pakistan or Bangladesh with some average English speaking skills will do it on Fivr for one fourth of the price if not lower.

wilisno
17-06-2023, 11:12 PM
District 7 in Hochiminh City has become the favourite area for foreigners to settle, all new posh apartments and townhouses are mainly bought by foreigners.