PDA

View Full Version : General talk Neighbourhood vibes

GoldfishMan
13-07-2023, 04:51 PM
Do you guys particularly enjoy going to some shops because of the neighbourhoods where they're located in?

I personally have a special place in my heart for the old 5* location at 110 Cathedral St. I really like that neighbourhood, it's leafy and quiet. If I walk there I tend to go through Hyde Park which is a nice walk. Also love some of the old architecture in that area.

GC is not too bad, but is too near public housing, so I don't get nice vibes there. GE is a bit better.

Area around N5M is pretty crap, but the saving grace is it's near Midas, which always gives me memories of great times I had there many years ago.

The strangest one by far I think is 42G. Drive there is nice, I go through Bellevue Hill on the way, but FMD the shop itself is located in an utterly soulless area of Gladesville.

rooter
13-07-2023, 04:54 PM
If there was a brothel in "The Block" in Redfern when Redfern was really Redfern that would have been awesome!

Donte
13-07-2023, 06:34 PM
Do you guys particularly enjoy going to some shops because of the neighbourhoods where they're located in?

I personally have a special place in my heart for the old 5* location at 110 Cathedral St. I really like that neighbourhood, it's leafy and quiet. If I walk there I tend to go through Hyde Park which is a nice walk. Also love some of the old architecture in that area.

GC is not too bad, but is too near public housing, so I don't get nice vibes there. GE is a bit better.

Area around N5M is pretty crap, but the saving grace is it's near Midas, which always gives me memories of great times I had there many years ago.

The strangest one by far I think is 42G. Drive there is nice, I go through Bellevue Hill on the way, but FMD the shop itself is located in an utterly soulless area of Gladesville.

Kinda odd how 5* was directly across a pub, though bet it was fun watching punters pop in and out while having a few drinks. Seems to be a pretty uncommon setup in Surry Hills too, and with 26 Hercules St in Ashfield.

N5M is in a weird spot too, lots of cafes and a gym close by which makes daytime weekend punts interesting

Hidden Python
16-07-2023, 11:09 AM
Nothing beats the sounds and lights of Thailand as you walk through the Soi pass the bar and massage girls and they screaming out hey handsome man you want boom boom massagie
Sydney is pretty lame and boring when it comes to having any area that presents any sexual vibe,

l337dude
16-07-2023, 12:24 PM
Unfortunately none of my go-to shops are in an "ideal" environment/neighborhood, I prefer beautiful scenery, discreet, leafy, quiet environment with almost no foot/car traffic and no factories or workshops nearby, that's a lot of boxes to tick, so yea, the commute is never the fun part, I just imagine I'm going to a heavenly place and road to it is the "necessary evil" lmao.

Cjay1711
16-07-2023, 01:11 PM
Nothing beats the sounds and lights of Thailand as you walk through the Soi pass the bar and massage girls and they screaming out hey handsome man you want boom boom massagie
Sydney is pretty lame and boring when it comes to having any area that presents any sexual vibe,

St marys has sooo many shops but they are all trash