PDA

View Full Version : General talk Moisturiser?

RO1312
19-07-2023, 10:01 PM
Has anyone asked a ML if they could use moisturiser instead of the oil they use during a massage?

I’ve found my skin doesn’t like the oil much, and with the cold at the moment, moisturiser is two birds with one stone. It wouldn’t be as greasy either. What’s your thoughts?

jaquedm1307
19-07-2023, 10:03 PM
Hey take whatever is better for you & it's likely to being a higher quality product anyway. I can't see that being an issue as many MLs I've seen prefer moisturiser rather than oil especially if it's a shop with no showers

PS you're paying for the session so u dictate

CursedCoomer
19-07-2023, 11:30 PM
I hate the after smell oil leaves so I just ask not to use it. It doesn't really take away the experience of the massage anyway.

Hidden Python
20-07-2023, 12:46 AM
I actually take a mans bath oil with me to lalabells, and after the session is finish I rinse it off in the shower, smelling very woodies, and not like that cheap baby oil smell, that they all use,

l337dude
20-07-2023, 10:05 AM
The problem with moisturiser is that your skin tends to absorb them almost instantly, some thicker ones may last a bit longer but generally they disappear within a minute and your skin becomes tacky or dry again, and if re-applied repeatedly (like every minute or so) it will add to the cost and also the texture will become weird after so many layers...

Massage oil are made for massage for a reason, they don't dry out as much and the texture makes it easier to rub along your skin as it provides better grip etc.
Maybe change to a better oil...? Remember your skin doesn't really absorb oil that well so just wipe them off or shower afterwards...