PDA

View Full Version : General talk Hiding your punting from wife

Lord_pete
27-07-2023, 11:22 AM
Hi Punters,

know there's been a few threads on this topic - but just want to gauge how those guys with partners can hide the financial side of things.

My wife and I both work full time and our salaries goes into the same account. All withdrawals are transparent, so currently i'm doing about $50-100 cash withdrawal a week for work lunch/pub drinks (probably the max weekly withdrawal without raising suspicion), then after 2-3 weeks of savings gives me enough for a decent FS punt.

I've looked at opening a separate account and doing split payments in that from my employer's payment, just wary of getting caught out in the end and having to explain myself.

Just putting it out there if anyone's in the same boat and managed a plausible work-around.

Cheers.

l337dude
27-07-2023, 11:46 AM
Full financial transparency? Man that's going to be tough, especially if it's a joint account, if your wife's very detail-oriented type and checks everything carefully then you are doomed mate, lol. The only way I can think of is to do more grocery runs by yourself, withdraw a decent amount of cash and then head to one of those Asian grocery stores and pay by cash, leave the receipt, and save the rest. Lunch and pub drinks won't save you much lol.

TongueJack
27-07-2023, 11:52 AM
$50-$100 per week for lunch/pub drinks! Geez I do that everyday. Mate you are destined to get caught out.

bobbybrown
27-07-2023, 11:52 AM
Have a mate that owns a business, use your card for. $350 transaction. Give him $10 keep $340.

Or if youre really desperate open your own ABN, set up EFTPOS, open bank account. Tell your wife you have purchased something for home, use card on said EFTPOS, withdraw from said EFTPOS account and pay the small fees on that to keep it all hush hush. Easy.

l337dude
27-07-2023, 12:05 PM
Or you can tell your wife you are having some horrible back issue/pain and you need to go to a legit massage shop for weekly treatment (cash-only), instead you go for a drink, every second week you go for a punt with the money saved from that and your lunch etc

PleadInsanity
27-07-2023, 01:08 PM
Regularly mention to your wife that you hate paying the extra 1 percent for tap and go. And you prefer to pay cash. Over time it will stick with her. Then you can withdraw more cash to pay for everyday expenses.

imaragingbull
27-07-2023, 01:19 PM
If you are methodical, sportsbetting sites offer promotions that if you are consistent and restrained you should profit over the long term. I don’t punt a lot, but that has been an income stream for myself

Climax598
27-07-2023, 01:27 PM
Tell wife you going to increase withdraw to $150 weekly due to inflation 50 to 100 is too little to save of a punt.

Lord_pete
27-07-2023, 01:38 PM
Ah good advice. All the more reason to withdraw and hold onto cash.

Rajaz
27-07-2023, 03:28 PM
The next time you change the company, may be tell your wife that they require your account to have the exact same name as yours (i.e. joint accounts would have both name and would not match). Then just agree to send a fixed contribution to the joint account every month. The rest is all yours and is unmonitored.

Hidden Python
27-07-2023, 03:29 PM
This is probably the worse advice ever, but use some of that fun money to slap the pokies, and use the winnings on a punt,

JSteel96
27-07-2023, 03:34 PM
Hi Punters,

know there's been a few threads on this topic - but just want to gauge how those guys with partners can hide the financial side of things.

My wife and I both work full time and our salaries goes into the same account. All withdrawals are transparent, so currently i'm doing about $50-100 cash withdrawal a week for work lunch/pub drinks (probably the max weekly withdrawal without raising suspicion), then after 2-3 weeks of savings gives me enough for a decent FS punt.

I've looked at opening a separate account and doing split payments in that from my employer's payment, just wary of getting caught out in the end and having to explain myself.

Just putting it out there if anyone's in the same boat and managed a plausible work-around.

Cheers.

With my regular lady I use PayPal so I don't have to use cash but for punting I have to use cash. I have separate account and more than one plus I am doing ebay side hustle to get extra cash she don't even see my business finances. In your case I would suggest you both get an extra separate account each for your own personal use. Then you get your pay put into your own account and transfer an agreed amount to the joint one. Your doing it really tough if all your funds are going into the joint account. And if you rely 100% on a job salary as well that's hard unless you earn big money. Not that I would want it to happen to you but if you ever get caught out and faced with a divorce you got no separate money to protect yourself. There is always a risk for us married guys that your going to get caught one day. Best have separate accounts along with the joint one and you need savings of your own as well. You could get more cash out with your own account.

F0x
27-07-2023, 08:37 PM
I have absolutely 0 idea why a couple would put all their funds into one account.

Whos to say your wife even doesn't have her own funds somewhere? She might have her own emergency account you don't know about in case you break up with her.

You are literally asking for relationship problems by doing this. Even with the best intentions, suddenly she'll grab that expensive outfit purse or whatever. And you'll have to cop it cause it's "our" money even though you might earn double as much. And you can't do shit about it. Or it could be the other way around. And you go and buy yourself a ps5 or something and she's on your case about it. You trying to use it's "our" money don't work the other way around I guara-fuckin-tee if she's earning more.

It's like the 101 of even being in a relationship no matter your sexual orientation or anything.

KEEP A SEPERATE ACCOUNT.

GoldfishMan
27-07-2023, 08:44 PM
If you are methodical, sportsbetting sites offer promotions that if you are consistent and restrained you should profit over the long term. I don’t punt a lot, but that has been an income stream for myself

Nah, can't do that here in NSW. Sports betting promotions mostly are not available to us due to the state legislations.

GoldfishMan
27-07-2023, 09:07 PM
OP reminds me a dude I met at work many years ago who received only $5 a day allowance from his "wife" (more like Mom if you ask me!). This guy was grumpy almost 24/7, lol!

To OP, I can think of a hundred ideas, but I can only think of one good one: divorce her and regain your freedom, my bro!

Onehunglo
27-07-2023, 09:08 PM
One joint account ??? No way.

Start another expensive hobby/sport, fishing, golf etc and tell your missus that you're going to allocate "X" each week into your "hobby" account ... and suggest she do the same for her clothing, cosmetics, girls nights out etc.

Buy a cheap set of equipment and keep a steady cash outgoing for your upgrades [not all of which is spent on the new hobby, but goes into another secret account]. To keep it honest buy some new cheap stuff regularly so the collection grows. As expected, you'll be lousy at fishing/golf, but it also buys 4 to 5 hours of free time. With the new accounts, elect to receive paperless statements.

LBW1959
27-07-2023, 10:15 PM
My wife and I have 1 joint account and its never been a problem. I restrict my punting to approximately once per month and just withdraw $90 one week, $120 the next etc in those smallish amounts. She has never questioned what I do with the cash. But then, she hasn't worked for many years and a lot of our assets are in her name for tax purposes, so she feels financially secure. You just need to not get carried away punting too often and don't make stupid mistakes.

JSteel96
27-07-2023, 10:15 PM
If OP gets caught after punting and she leaves him he will be out on the street with no money. Watch how quickly she would transfer all the joint account funds into her own name account and I bet she has one. And in case of a divorce you really should have your own account or separate funds as other have been saying. Being married and punting always increases the chances of getting caught out. Be smarter.

imaragingbull
27-07-2023, 11:02 PM
Nah, can't do that here in NSW. Sports betting promotions mostly are not available to us due to the state legislations.

I think you’re r right - does that extend to bonus bets / money back offers?

I’m a part of a syndicate with a few mates in Brisbane and we just abuse promos and profit consistently

The Sampler
27-07-2023, 11:02 PM
Setup a CommSec account.

Get employer to send a portion of your salary there.
Tell your wife you are investing in shares.

Every 500-1000 buy some safe index ETFs like Vanguards VAS/VGS mix.
Leave some for punting, use the CommSec card to withdraw to cash.
Win win, investing for the future and the short term relief.

Welcome to CommSex.

JSteel96
27-07-2023, 11:26 PM
Setup a CommSec account.

Welcome to CommSex.

Terrific idea! I should have thought of that. If you buy shares with franking you get credits back at tax time to.

speranza
27-07-2023, 11:47 PM
Withdraw some cash from Woolies on top of buying a few items. It appears on the account just as a purchase, not a withdrawal.

GoldfishMan
28-07-2023, 07:04 AM
I think you’re r right - does that extend to bonus bets / money back offers?

I’m a part of a syndicate with a few mates in Brisbane and we just abuse promos and profit consistently

If we go by the word of law, none of those are allowed because they would be considered "inducement" offers.

Having said that, I was using Ladbrokes during the last World Cup and somehow managed to get bonus credits 1 time. No idea what happened there, maybe a software glitch?

Other times, like during Melbourne cups, there would always be a "bonus this, bonus that" offer with a disclaimer at the bottom saying "not applicable to residents of NSW".

It sucks to be us, but I guess it's karma... The price we pay for being allowed to punt on whores endlessly, lol!

LBW1959
28-07-2023, 07:38 AM
Withdraw some cash from Woolies on top of buying a few items. It appears on the account just as a purchase, not a withdrawal.

You should check that to be certain. When I've done that at Coles it comes out on the statement as a cash withdrawal item. Maybe it depends on the shop/bank setup.

GoldfishMan
28-07-2023, 07:44 AM
Setup a CommSec account.

Welcome to CommSex.

I've met some of these controlling women. There's a high probability of her demanding to have a share of the CommSec account. How's he going to get out of that?

And once he proposes the idea, he will have to go through with it because it would be suss as hell if he backs out when she makes that demand.

The only sure fire way to beat these women at this game is to face the truth and act accordingly: all of his *current* income is essentially ineffective for punting. Any move that he makes that would reduce cash from his income going into that joint account would stand out like a giant red flag.

Based on this, he has to slowly turn the tide back in his favour without disrupting the "status quo" too much.
Some ideas to OP:

- Try fiddling with the current job. Hopefully your employer can co-operate and split your pay into 2 accounts. If Yes, tell them to split a small portion of pay (eg. 10-15%) into your own account, and make sure that all future pay rise amounts go into that account. Proceed to tell the wife that you've got a pay cut. Times are tough, what can you do? Obviously, never ever tell her about pay rises.

- Get a side gig. If you can do this without letting her know about the second job, get the employer to pay 100% into your own account. If you can't, then you'll have to sacrifice a portion of it into the joint account. Obviously tell her you make a lot less than you actually do on the second job!

- Any other method you can think that you can make more money. Maybe you're good at doing business, so you start a business. Heck, even Hidden Python's advise is good, win at the pokies. You might have a knack for it, who knows?

JSteel96
28-07-2023, 08:58 AM
an ebay business at home comes to mind, you could set up a separate account for business and withdraw money for sourcing items then pocket some of the money and also have his own account. I make thousands on ebay and its all separate finances to our own accounts. If OP can get some ebay or amazon selling going on a part time basis he should be able to move some of money to his own account, He has to get out of this joint account bs. I wonder how happy a sex life op has as some marriages can be pretty dull in that department. Hence the need to punt. If its a sexless marriage with controlling wife he maybe needs to think about separating.

Soccerfan
28-07-2023, 09:36 AM
Every time you pay for stuff on card, get out a little extra cash and throw the receipt. Or, develop a “gambling problem”.
When I had a partner, I was the most unsuccessful gambler I knew!!

Wood76
28-07-2023, 10:27 AM
Every time you pay for stuff on card, get out a little extra cash and throw the receipt. Or, develop a “gambling problem”.
When I had a partner, I was the most unsuccessful gambler I knew!!

Spot on, thats my go to reason. Also if out drinking with mates, dont party too hard and put some of that extra cash u dont spend in your punting pocket. I find having legitimate reasons to spend money if the key, but they might be harder to start up in an economic climate like this.

Lord_pete
28-07-2023, 01:54 PM
Lots of good advice, thanks guys.

We original set up our joint account to consolidate our home loans and have a designated offset which both our salaries go into.

Been intending on opening a commsec account and start putting in money into shares. For newbies into the share markets like me, know there's a commsec 'pocket' app where all the guess work is done for you and put into ETF in different stock industry.

JSteel96
28-07-2023, 03:51 PM
COMMSEC is good I invest in shares that are fully franked lots of the banks are, you can get some good dividends to defiantly a wise move to invest. Invest with caution stick to the ones 100% fully franked start with the banks and mining BHP, RIO and Woodside, you should do ok. Be careful listening to advise when you invest you need a strategy, avoid stocks you don't know. You still should both have your own accounts for personal use away from the home loan.

rooter
28-07-2023, 03:58 PM
You are looking at it the wrong way around bro.
Think of it as "hiding your wife from your punting" and then it will be all easy and simple and clear.

speranza
28-07-2023, 05:08 PM
You should check that to be certain. When I've done that at Coles it comes out on the statement as a cash withdrawal item. Maybe it depends on the shop/bank setup.
If you ONLY withdraw cash it shows as withdraw cash. If you withdraw cash in addition to buying an item it shows as a purchase.

Climax598
28-07-2023, 06:43 PM
If you ONLY withdraw cash it shows as withdraw cash. If you withdraw cash in addition to buying an item it shows as a purchase.
What will happen if smart wife ask what things you buy cost $200. Unless you go to coles everyday buying things $10 and cash withdrawal $20, this your smart wife will also ask honey why go to coles everyday especially if wife do the budget.
The best is to have Lunch money and save up for the punt.

paranoidpunter
28-07-2023, 08:14 PM
This all sounds like laundering your own money. Buy lots of snacks and lollies and instead of eating them, wait outside a school and sell them to kids to get your money back to then use for punting. To make it more scalable you could buy more expensive consumables like alcohol and offload to your mates.

GoldfishMan
28-07-2023, 08:33 PM
This all sounds like laundering your own money. Buy lots of snacks and lollies and instead of eating them, wait outside a school and sell them to kids to get your money back to then use for punting. To make it more scalable you could buy more expensive consumables like alcohol and offload to your mates.

Lol, bro, if you think about it, he actually needs to do the opposite of money laundering. Turn his legit income into cash without being found out by the lady boss.

Climax598
28-07-2023, 09:22 PM
All this is doom if your wife is the Chief Financial officer.

cheekypineapple50
28-07-2023, 09:39 PM
Do some cash based work, sell some old stuff

The Sampler
29-07-2023, 12:45 AM
Taking on Goldfishman's remarks i propose an additional solution on top of CommSex.

Look into getting a Novated Lease on a new car, something that you and your wife would need and love to have.
Government incentives are amazing on EV cars right now.

A Novated Lease will slightly reduce your overall net income, but also make you more tax efficient and you get a new car to boot!

Where does the punting come in? Well at the end of your lease you need to pay the residual to keep the car, normally 25%.
So its good practice to put a portion of your pay into a separate account to cover the the residual at the end of the lease.

The formula would be (Residual Cost / Lease Term X Frequency of Pay) + Punting.
Open a paperless fee free account with a bank thats not the Big4, I hear Macquarie Bank and ING are pretty good looking at the other thread and get your payroll to send that calculated amount there.
Additionally any costs related to the car can be claimed back from your leasing agency account. You can get these claims to be paid to the residual account for some more punting money.

While you're there, increase your superannuation contribution to the maximum or to whatever you can afford. Might as well since we are making sound financial decisions.

So in summary:
1. CommSex account for shares and punting
2. Novated lease for new car, setup another account for the residual end of lease payment
3. Increase pre tax super contributions

This should result in:
1. A decent share portfolio
2. A new car to distract your wife + any cash from trading in the old car
3. 2 accounts with cards to access discreet cash
4. Multiple reasons why your income has reduced into the joint account.
5. A better retirement fund.

cafepombo
29-07-2023, 12:44 PM
This is properly whipped. Conversation should go “hey hun, I don’t want to feel like I have to ask permission to spend money I earn, so let’s have our own accounts and then transfer money into the joint account to pay for our joint shit”. All this talk of commsec accounts and novated leases - what the fuck is wrong with you people.

Daffy
29-07-2023, 02:07 PM

Please don’t suggest the forum lurkers start hanging around schools. Maybe they could get a novated lease on a white van too

1inchguy
29-07-2023, 04:01 PM
Lots of interesting ideas here.

Here's what I would do if I was ever partnered or the poor soul would marry me.

Have my YouTube history and recommendations filled with poker tutorials, poker stars and any related poker games.
Know poker games location. Or if friends are in on it then poker night.
Should know poker can go on for few hours if wife/partner wife ask why taking too long.
Withdrawn money for buy in etc.lts actually going to fs or massage shops.

If wife/partner ask me about winnings.
Well I'm not that good..

GoldfishMan
29-07-2023, 04:03 PM
Lots of interesting ideas here.

Here's what I would do if I was ever partnered or the poor soul would marry me.

Have my YouTube history and recommendations filled with poker tutorials, poker stars and any related poker games.
Know poker games location. Or if friends are in on it then poker night.
Should know poker can go on for few hours if wife/partner wife ask why taking too long.
Withdrawn money for buy in etc.lts actually going to fs or massage shops.

If wife/partner ask me about winnings.
Well I'm not that good..

Wife asks to tag a long?

1inchguy
29-07-2023, 04:14 PM
Wife asks to tag a long?

Not sure what's the dynamic of the relationship for other punters cause I'm not experienced, I'm assuming punters would go after work and do the deed before heading home. The wife wouldn't know until it's too late?
However if my wife/partner ask "next time take me with you" then at least I'm prepared, go to an actual poker game and kill time. If she's okay wasting her time everytime she comes with me then that's commitment ..

curiousgeorge1023
29-07-2023, 08:56 PM
Taking on Goldfishman's remarks i propose an additional solution on top of CommSex.

Look into getting a Novated Lease on a new car, something that you and your wife would need and love to have.
Government incentives are amazing on EV cars right now.

A Novated Lease will slightly reduce your overall net income, but also make you more tax efficient and you get a new car to boot!

Where does the punting come in? Well at the end of your lease you need to pay the residual to keep the car, normally 25%.
So its good practice to put a portion of your pay into a separate account to cover the the residual at the end of the lease.

The formula would be (Residual Cost / Lease Term X Frequency of Pay) + Punting.
Open a paperless fee free account with a bank thats not the Big4, I hear Macquarie Bank and ING are pretty good looking at the other thread and get your payroll to send that calculated amount there.
Additionally any costs related to the car can be claimed back from your leasing agency account. You can get these claims to be paid to the residual account for some more punting money.

While you're there, increase your superannuation contribution to the maximum or to whatever you can afford. Might as well since we are making sound financial decisions.

So in summary:
1. CommSex account for shares and punting
2. Novated lease for new car, setup another account for the residual end of lease payment
3. Increase pre tax super contributions

This should result in:
1. A decent share portfolio
2. A new car to distract your wife + any cash from trading in the old car
3. 2 accounts with cards to access discreet cash
4. Multiple reasons why your income has reduced into the joint account.
5. A better retirement fund.

6. For a full rounded sound financial planning I highly recommend opening an Independent Reserve crypto exchange account. Send $25 - $50 half of weekly allowance.

7. Activate Auto trader to buy 100% of balance each time ( dollar cost average buying BTC, ETH) Wait until 2024 halving.

8. By year 2025 sell crypto portfolio as needed ie. Punting, holiday, etc.

These was my strategy since 2016... I was lucky enough not to worry about punting money as much.

I understand that these can take time but I guarantee you in 2 years time you can even buy yourself a sugar baby 😉

sidenote: Alexa Blake the red head private escort accepts bitcoin or eth for payment 😉

ditchtheboss
29-07-2023, 09:17 PM
Seriously, just be single and free. The lives of these guys doing these things must be so stressful that is not worth it at all.

rooter
29-07-2023, 09:27 PM
Seriously, just be single and free. The lives of these guys doing these things must be so stressful that is not worth it at all.

That's always been my philosophy. Live life free and easy. No wife, no kids, no nothin. Enjoy!
Yeah for sure I will die alone and they will find my dead body 10 days after I die, but who gives a fuck.
Ultimately we all die alone and your kids will put you in a nursing home as soon as you become a burden anyway. They will visit once a week just to make sure they are still in the will :)

JSteel96
29-07-2023, 10:28 PM
Its hard for some married guys if they are in a sexless marriage but still care for their partner. Punting is a good option as long as they don't get caught by the mrs. Single life is not for everyone but each to their own.

BobbiBrown
30-07-2023, 12:59 AM
That's always been my philosophy. Live life free and easy. No wife, no kids, no nothin. Enjoy!
Yeah for sure I will die alone and they will find my dead body 10 days after I die, but who gives a fuck.
Ultimately we all die alone and your kids will put you in a nursing home as soon as you become a burden anyway. They will visit once a week just to make sure they are still in the will :)

I hate to be that guy, but you and ditchtheboss are also missing out on the most basic, fundamental, real emotions of life which are only unlocked via having kids. I know that's not exactly popular but modern society has forced men into an untenable situation where we need to be "single and free" to have regular sex. But having kids is the most joyous thing I've ever done, and I've done a lot. Bros...am I wrong?

1inchguy
30-07-2023, 09:21 AM
I hate to be that guy, but you and ditchtheboss are also missing out on the most basic, fundamental, real emotions of life which are only unlocked via having kids. I know that's not exactly popular but modern society has forced men into an untenable situation where we need to be "single and free" to have regular sex. But having kids is the most joyous thing I've ever done, and I've done a lot. Bros...am I wrong?

Don't have kids or partnered but I have a friend before married he was not responsible, meaning he would gamble, drink regular abd do stupid shit like steal.
Now that he has a kid and married (accidentally peg sister in law) he turned his life around.

dotcumdotinyou
30-07-2023, 09:38 AM
Definitely agree with Mr Brown, my attitude towards life was exactly the same as rooter's. Live hard die young.

But even after the divorce I'd still do it all again just for the kids. I stopped partying, drugs, smoking and started regulars visits to the doctor. I have regular check ups for skin cancer, blood pressure, colonoscopies and generally look after myself better. I now want to live as long as possible to see them grow up.

I now look forward to every weekend, not for wasting myself as I used to but for the time with the kids. I even enjoy going to Mecca and watching them try skin care products and the tips they give me to look after my face.

andrewv
30-07-2023, 09:44 AM
Isn’t amazing how many sexless marriages are out there.

Long ago I had a partner who mentioned that she thought Buddhism was a stupid philosophy.
I used this to my advantage and enrolled in a meditation course at a place in Chatswood but only went every second or third time, leaving me with a cover story about where I was for 2 or 3 hours every Sunday afternoon.

Everyone of us needs a credible “cover story”, ideally one that can be verified. After work community and TAFE courses are also handy.

GoldfishMan
30-07-2023, 10:05 AM
Bros...am I wrong?

Not wrong or right, bro. Everyone is different.

If we only look at the "having kids" factor, then of course 99.99% of men would appreciate the effects of having their own offspring. What can I say... Kids are like cute little Angels sent from Heaven to steal our hearts, lol!

Alas, that's not the only factor in the equation. There's the wife, the in-laws, day-to-day life changes, financial changes, the list goes on. Not surprising if the cons outweigh the pros.

Especially when it comes to kids. They're very much a case of "you never know if you never go". How could a bloke know what he's missing if he hasn't known that thing?

He would know what he would have to sacrifice, though, that's for sure!

l337dude
30-07-2023, 11:57 AM
Live life free and easy. No wife, no kids, no nothin. Enjoy!
Living the dream ey? :)

At the end of day life's all about choices, making trade-offs, taking risks, sacrifices and responsibilities.

I will say that being single definitely has many pros, less responsibility, less stress, more freedom, especially if you have no other family commitments, life will definitely be much "easier", downside is the loneliness, but some people are ok with that, if it's a choice they made.

I'm single atm (divorced with kids), I ain't gonna judge if someone's married lol, at the end of the day it just comes down to personal choices, if you are married then you are basically accepting the risks and consequences.

The Sampler
30-07-2023, 11:27 PM
6. For a full rounded sound financial planning I highly recommend opening an Independent Reserve crypto exchange account. Send $25 - $50 half of weekly allowance.

7. Activate Auto trader to buy 100% of balance each time ( dollar cost average buying BTC, ETH) Wait until 2024 halving.

8. By year 2025 sell crypto portfolio as needed ie. Punting, holiday, etc.

These was my strategy since 2016... I was lucky enough not to worry about punting money as much.

I understand that these can take time but I guarantee you in 2 years time you can even buy yourself a sugar baby ��

sidenote: Alexa Blake the red head private escort accepts bitcoin or eth for payment ��

As they say, making life changing wealth! Or in this case maybe wife changing wealth!

tezzaman18
23-08-2023, 10:21 PM
When you are on a holiday to Asia you normally get a better exchange rate for your Aud exchanged overseas than to buy the foreign currency in an Australian Bank. So why not take out more Aud than you need? If you are the custodian of the cash for out of pocket expenses , any unused Aud may be difficult for your wife/partner to verify. Hence some extra punting money.

bung72
23-08-2023, 11:34 PM
I'm in the same position... I withdraw cash every few weeks, gradually just salt it into my box.... I get some work aside my main job, and have a secret account I can get some payments sent to. When people ask what you want for a present - visa gift cards! I use these at reception all the time - usually pay $100 on the card, the rest cash - can tip the receptionist then. You can buy these cards at servos and office works too.... non-suspicious places on statements....
My pays swing around wildly, so I am considering just asking the boss to do a separate transfer sometimes, but am getting by on the above - I'm trying to keep the web simple!
Best advice - don't get into the full joint account....and if you do - keep control!

I read a news article today about how are heading towards a cashless society - the shops are going to have to get smart if this happens! I remember going to a shop in Fyshwyck in the 90's, we used our credit cards - the statements showed the purchases at 'Toms Hardware' or similar! :)

bung72
25-08-2023, 02:31 PM
Now if we could convince the girls to accept Bunnings or SuperCheap gift cards....