PDA

View Full Version : Question FOMO, YOLO or No Go?

Rookiestones
07-09-2023, 12:37 PM
With fresh new talents emerging, promising ARs, juicy Intel, ML/WL/SB providing great services (reportedly), tempting shop rosters so on... Vs lack of time, competing priorities, family commitments, financial responsibilities, limited opportunities and whatever else ...

Who else here at times get FOMO? Do you just YOLO it or No Go?

GoldfishMan
07-09-2023, 12:47 PM
Defo fell into the trap of FOMO several times and always ends up being a bad decision.

It happens like this. I'd suddenly get a window of opportunity that's just big enough to go have a punt. As I didn't know I was going to get the chance, I would be unprepared with my research and out of desperation I'd pick the girl based on not enough Intel. Next thing I know I'm walking out of a subpar session.

Double_Adapter
07-09-2023, 01:23 PM
I gave up on the FOMO and YOLO a while ago.....these days my modus operandi is you live everyday. you only die once.

Hidden Python
07-09-2023, 03:18 PM
I am 51 years old, widower, have had a massive heart attack and had to have a heart stem inserted due to a blockage, i take 10 meds a day
So instead of feeling sorry for myself, i am motivated to try and do something different like learn a new life skill,
But when it comes to punting, if i am in the mood and haven’t exceeded the budget, i just go with the regular, which i know is reliable and good value and never disappointing, but it doesn’t mean if a opportunity does turn up to try something different i wouldn't say no, as i am not going to wait my turn just to pound some pussy

Timeis629
07-09-2023, 07:44 PM
I’m punting at age 70 - I am not working for the sake of working - but living everyday and the reflection of you only die once is in the background that will happen soon enough. I have a regular which I am not sure will continue - so I am punting on the side to relieve the anxiety of losing a regular. But I’m living my life in reverse and doing what I could have done in my younger days but didn’t - but I guess that is the reason I am enjoying all aspects of ML encounters in a way that is just too hard to describe. (had my 34th different ML today)!-?except it is brilliantly enjoyable to turn up and get it on with mainly 20ish year olds. I have no FOMO or dwelling on YOLO. I have a life it counts and will continue to count unless I start counting.

bung72
07-09-2023, 10:07 PM
I’m punting at age 70 - I am not working for the sake of working - but living everyday and the reflection of you only die once is in the background that will happen soon enough. I have a regular which I am not sure will continue - so I am punting on the side to relieve the anxiety of losing a regular. But I’m living my life in reverse and doing what I could have done in my younger days but didn’t - but I guess that is the reason I am enjoying all aspects of ML encounters in a way that is just too hard to describe. (had my 34th different ML today)!-?except it is brilliantly enjoyable to turn up and get it on with mainly 20ish year olds. I have no FOMO or dwelling on YOLO. I have a life it counts and will continue to count unless I start counting.

Good on you! I'm 50 and am loving these early 20's and younger girls.... I had punts at ages 18, then around 33, then around 41, then fairly solid the past 2.5 years... what have I been doing!?

Timeis629
07-09-2023, 10:31 PM
Good on you! I'm 50 and am loving these early 20's and younger girls.... I had punts at ages 18, then around 33, then around 41, then fairly solid the past 2.5 years... what have I been doing!?

It is all relative - if you good physical and mental health and attitude to match it’s a bit of an oyster out there. I don’t get too carried away, try and remain grounded. I guess my punting was year pre-Covid some during as it opened up and powered the last year. Worst part is that it is a smorgasbord out there too many choices - not a complaint but a reflection. All the best for your shopping.

Footballpunter
08-09-2023, 09:43 AM
I don't FOMO, but when the opportunity presents itself, I do go YOLO. lol, if that makes sense.

bung72
08-09-2023, 09:58 AM
Definite YOLO.... I have a last minute window opened this evening.... come lunchtime I'll be making some shop enquiries. There is a lovely girl about to go on holidays for 2 months, I'm going to try and jag a booking, otherwise try someone new....