PDA

View Full Version : General talk Market Wrap

frisson
19-11-2023, 08:29 AM
Happy punting everyone

Let's be positive and manage the increasing cost of living and inflation. Avoid being overcharged for your punting needs. The competition in Sydney is heating up

Let's review some of the comparisons about how far your $A can go

Massage shops with higher entry prices ?
The well known city massage shop in a recent thread:
$165/30 minutes
$190/45 minutes
$220/60 minutes
$360/100 minutes

New shop in Chatswood discussed this week with HJ and shower included:
$100/30 minutes
$115/45 minutes
$130/60 minutes
$180/75 minutes
$220/90 minutes
$250/120 minutes

http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-fav-Milka-(V)

Then there is brothel option as another punter mentioned this week:
J Misaki at Ginza as an example at Ginza, with FS included and their quality control included, proper bed and shower
$160/30 minutes
$220/45 minutes

frisson
19-11-2023, 08:30 AM
However, I actually prefer none of the above options, thats just one opinion. I like the lower price entry massage shop, to avoid high entry price

This is one of the massage shops near me, a standard massage shop, and these prices are affordable for all.
30 min $45
45 min $60
60 min $75
90 min $110

The recruiting is great, and that is clear by looking at the roster, which is regularly updated

Forum members tell me of their favorite massage shops with low entry prices, or Value For Money brothels, which are also amazing

Why choose between quality or quantity? By choosing VFM punting in this wonderful city, Sydney, you can have both, and ensure that shops respond to your needs, not just theirs

Just don't give me a dud, expensive punt. That is my kryptonite

Let's be positive and deal with the current recession

Please PM me or post if you also find price disparities that have changed your punting practice

Vincent888
19-11-2023, 08:36 AM
60 min $75

That’s pretty much a standard entry into massage room price point.

Then depending on the girl and what she sees in you, it goes up from there. Throw another $150 and you’re at $225.

Why have sex on a massage table?

frisson
19-11-2023, 08:41 AM
60 minutes $70.
That’s pretty much a standard entry into massage room price point

What does price value mean to you? Could the massage shop business model work for you as a punter in 2023?

Vincent888
19-11-2023, 08:48 AM
You don't struggle to make ends meet or put food on table. What does price value mean to you? Could the massage shop business model work for you as a punter in 2023? Yours is just one opinion of course

I work more than others do.

Consequently I don’t worry about some things.

The total cost to get over the line in a massage shop is very close to brothel pricing. If some punters gave up a few other vices then they could do as they perhaps please?

frisson
19-11-2023, 08:51 AM
I work double and triple what others do.

Consequently I don’t worry about some things.

The total cost to get over the line in a massage shop is very close to brothel pricing. If some punters gave up a few other vices then they could do as they perhaps please?

I enjoy both VFM massage shop and VFM brothel

The issue is service. If I'm paying a high entry price with only basics covered, and the ML offers poor service, I then question why took the unnecessary risk and paid a more expensive entry price

At this point I prefer low entry price massage or VFM brothel, if that makes sense. Happy to be convinced otherwise
Happy to try most things

Double_Adapter
19-11-2023, 10:46 AM
There's an opportunity in the market place for a punters 'wallet wizard'

local
19-11-2023, 10:52 AM
Fellow punters. Economics time. Be informed

The competition in Sydney is heating up. Did you notice the cost of living generally is going up significantly. If you didn't, then you are a yacht owner, and no need to read further. Continue to be overcharged for your punting needs. Ignorance is bliss

One major rule for punters, be very familiar with the current market prices for the services you need

One rule of business, is to watch what your competitors are doing

Lets start with the massage shops with higher entry prices

The well known city massage shop in a recent thread
$165/30 minutes
$190/45 minutes
$220/60 minutes
$360/100 minutes

New shop in Chatswood discussed this week with HJ and shower included
$100/30 minutes
$115/45 minutes
$130/60 minutes
$180/75 minutes
$220/90 minutes
$250/120 minutes

J Misaki at Ginza as an example at Ginza, with FS included and their quality control included, proper bed and shower
$160/30 minutes
$220/45 minutes

The problem with your comparison is that they do not provide similar services, in similar type premises.

You are trying to comparing horses, sheep, an rabbits.

frisson
19-11-2023, 10:54 AM
The problem with your comparison is that they do not provide similar services, in similar type premises.

You are trying to comparing horses, sheep, an rabbits.
Its a very valid comparison for those who look beyond a HJ.

Its also very current comparison of what your $A can buy in Sydney, with services compared

If you are just into massage then you are correct, this thread is not for you

local
19-11-2023, 11:04 AM
Its a very valid comparison for those who look beyond a HJ.

If you are just into massage then you are correct, this thread is not for you

Obviously do you not really know what is on offer...

You must also compare the service included in the pricing so defining the extras which come on top.
There is clearly a different of service included between 161 chatswood and 360 pitt . maybe you should look at the full price list from 360, there is a lower level which is much more comparable.

You really should do a basic spreadsheet as its pretty obvious you really haven't done your homework.

There is a difference to a basic shower and HJ comparing to that plus virtually everything except fs.

JohnJones
19-11-2023, 12:04 PM

How is punting supposed to help the economy? The RBA is blaming the population for fueling inflation by splurging.

Spending $130/hr on a massage + NHJ is like paying for a speeding ticket worth 1 demerit points.

Right now, the only way for the economy to recover is through govt intervention. Drop the numbers of student visa approvals, send as many home as they humanely can and focus on the current new home projects.

If they need more workers including builders and SWs then they should increase the WH visas and stop imposing the 1 year stay limit.

The current issue with student visas as well is that the nationalities being imported are of the lazy bunch, creating economic chaos wherever they go. I remember coming to Australia the first time, they imposed so many restrictions because of my country of origin's history that I had to prove I was going to contribute rather than damage the economy. Even after several years of hardship here, applying for citizenship was even harder as they favoured European PRs compared to Asian.

JSteel96
19-11-2023, 12:23 PM

The competition in Sydney is heating up. Did you notice the cost of living generally is going up significantly. If you didn't, then you are a yacht owner, and no need to read further. Continue to be overcharged for your punting needs. Ignorance is bliss

One major rule for punters, be very familiar with the current market prices for the services you need

$165/30 minutes
$190/45 minutes
$220/60 minutes
$360/100 minutes

$100/30 minutes
$115/45 minutes
$130/60 minutes
$180/75 minutes
$220/90 minutes
$250/120 minutes

$160/30 minutes
$220/45 minutes

No freaking way I'd spend $220 for a massage, I rather walk into a brothel and get fs at least get a bj. Besides in the brothels some of those gals will inc massage before or after sucking and fucking. La Petite armoma in Chatswood is a little upmarket at $360 for the hour for fs. But you got very good rooms with spa. They usually have an Asian gal but for $220 for Asian ladies Chatswood 60 is a good option for me lots of different ones each visit.

Vincent888
19-11-2023, 12:25 PM
How many of the girls work in several shops, brothels included. You are getting the same girl just different work environment.

Yet you pay different amounts.

frisson
19-11-2023, 12:43 PM
How many of the girls work in several shops, brothels included. You are getting the same girl just different work environment.

Yet you pay different amounts.

Yes. That's another reason the comparison was valid

It's much easy to say ' Not a good comparison' instead of discussing the specifics about pricing, that is the topic of this thread. That is, on the price disparities, and what your $A pays for at different places

frisson
19-11-2023, 12:44 PM
No freaking way I'd spend $220 for a massage, I rather walk into a brothel and get fs at least get a bj. Besides in the brothels some of those gals will inc massage before or after sucking and fucking. La Petite armoma in Chatswood is a little upmarket at $360 for the hour for fs. But you got very good rooms with spa. They usually have an Asian gal but for $220 for Asian ladies Chatswood 60 is a good option for me lots of different ones each visit.
Bro I am just highlighting what your $A can buy in Sydney. Glad to hear you found this Market Wrap worthwhile

JSteel96
19-11-2023, 02:34 PM
I was just commenting a brothel seems better value than a massage shop especially if you looking for extras.

Vincent888
19-11-2023, 02:41 PM
I was just commenting a brothel seems better value than a massage shop especially if you looking for extras.

That’s what I think too. Plus the beds and showers etc. large rooms.

frisson
19-11-2023, 02:49 PM
A 30 minutes massage ML and full extras, comes close in price, and you aren't paying the services of a WL who is on the mattress all day

JSteel96
19-11-2023, 03:15 PM
I pick to spend my $$ at the brothels as long as they have clean rooms & Asian WLs etc.

JohnJones
19-11-2023, 03:40 PM
A 30 minutes massage ML and full extras, comes close in price, and you aren't paying the services of a WL who is on the mattress all day

MLs normally offer really good massages. WLs on the other hand may not have the proper training so when they offer you massages it is often to kill time rather than offer round 2.

Some guys would benefit from brothels because they can cum multiple times depending on the WL. With MLs they'd have to book a 2-hour session because none of them are willing to do 2 rounds in one hour.

Hidden Python
19-11-2023, 04:45 PM
Week in week out someone is always complaining or comparing the prices,
How much do you, will you or would you pay.
The shops are just laughing because the more information you tell the more they are willing to put their prices up. And they never ever go down
Before Covid no one ever mentioned the prices and they stayed flat, maybe its time to just shut up about this,
If you don’t like the price, negotiation with the girl/shop manager and be prepared to walk away if they get too greedy

frisson
19-11-2023, 04:52 PM
Prices go up. And they never ever go down

Another valid viewpoint
In 3 months I will repeat this Market Wrap, review the patronage of the shops, and ask if anyone has changed their punting habits because the shop increased prices excessively.

Then we see if this thread is worthwhile

bummer
19-11-2023, 04:56 PM

$165/30 minutes
$190/45 minutes
$220/60 minutes
$360/100 minutes

$100/30 minutes
$115/45 minutes
$130/60 minutes
$180/75 minutes
$220/90 minutes
$250/120 minutes

$160/30 minutes
$220/45 minutes

Maybe you should also add to your little list a few of the shops in Artarmon... 116 was good today, $150 for the hour with a very hot and young slip of a girl. Only new and provide some very nice extras all inclusive. I gues the only thing not offered was bbfs, but I was happy with my bbbj with a cim finish which she even swallowed.

jedibear
19-11-2023, 05:36 PM
Another valid viewpoint
In 3 months I will repeat this Market Wrap, review the patronage of the shops, and ask if anyone has changed their punting habits the price increases. Then we see who is rightI actually agree with you man...they say shops are getting quieter on the lead up to Xmas. Might be better bargains to be had out there...

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk

frisson
19-11-2023, 06:47 PM
I actually agree with you man...they say shops are getting quieter on the lead up to Xmas. Might be better bargains to be had out there...

Thanks bro. I'm sure if a forum member wrote down the secret of life, half of the responses would be "this information is of no use to me"

Prices differences and discrepancies are opportunities, if you know what you are doing. This thread provides some basic sign posts

jedibear
19-11-2023, 06:57 PM
Maybe you should also add to your little list a few of the shops in Artarmon... 116 was good today, $150 for the hour with a very hot and young slip of a girl. Only new and provide some very nice extras all inclusive. I gues the only thing not offered was bbfs, but I was happy with my bbbj with a cim finish which she even swallowed.Out of all the pics in this group (inc 78 Artarmon), Sunny seems to be the hottest. Still haven't had the chance to try

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

frisson
19-11-2023, 07:00 PM
Maybe you should also add to your little list a few of the shops in Artarmon... 116 was good today, $150 for the hour with a very hot and young slip of a girl. Only new and provide some very nice extras all inclusive. I gues the only thing not offered was bbfs, but I was happy with my bbbj with a cim finish which she even swallowed.

Perfect idea bro. PM the details, and the price schedule if you have it.

The Market Wrap is dynamic Punters Guide, just for those who find it useful. The yacht owners (high prices mean nothing) can ignore this thread altogether

jedibear
19-11-2023, 07:16 PM
Perfect idea bro. PM the details, and the price schedule if you have it.

The Market Wrap is dynamic Punters Guide, just for those who find it useful. The yacht owners (high prices mean nothing) can ignore this thread altogetherOutside of the CBD the FS shops are usually a lot more "value for money"...

$170/Hr

$100/30 mins

(Take 280 Hornsby as an example)

Often BBBJ included. YMMV as u might get more milf types, but each to their own. I try not to punt in the CBD these days for that reason...

Sibon
19-11-2023, 07:22 PM
That’s pretty much a standard entry into massage room price point.

Then depending on the girl and what she sees in you, it goes up from there. Throw another $150 and you’re at $225.

Why have sex on a massage table?

Because the alternative is to have sex on the carpet or standing up.

I choose the table.

Sibon
19-11-2023, 07:28 PM
Out of all the pics in this group (inc 78 Artarmon), Sunny seems to be the hottest. Still haven't had the chance to try

The No.1 punting rule a wise old punter engraved on the entrance to Shaolin is:

"Don't F-ing trust the photos."

jedibear
19-11-2023, 07:38 PM
The No.1 punting rule a wise old punter engraved on the entrance to Shaolin is:

"Don't F-ing trust the photos."Then again, lets be honest...punting in the burbs, you're rarely going to encounter a girl who you would look at her and exclaim thats the most beautiful person I ever laid my eyes on [emoji1787]

Vincent888
19-11-2023, 07:38 PM
Because the alternative is to have sex on the carpet or standing up.

I choose the table.

Carpet burns are a sign of fun ‘n’ games unless you wanna keep them away from your spouse.

Vincent888
19-11-2023, 07:40 PM
Another valid viewpoint
In 3 months I will repeat this Market Wrap, review the patronage of the shops, and ask if anyone has changed their punting habits because the shop increased prices excessively.

Then we see if this thread is worthwhile

The “market wrap” could be construed as another antagonistic thread 🤫

frisson
19-11-2023, 07:40 PM
Where there is price discrepancies there is opportunity. I hope the Market Wrap provides some info for those finding challenges in the current economic environment

jedibear
19-11-2023, 07:43 PM
Bro, any suggestions regarding having a great time, in general, at a massage shop ?PM'd you

Vincent888
19-11-2023, 08:03 PM
Is there anyway this thread can be wrapped up?

frisson
19-11-2023, 08:05 PM
Is there anyway this thread can be wrapped up?

Yes. After the recession is over bro. When rent is affordable again

jedibear
19-11-2023, 08:15 PM
I think end of the day we all just want our 'bang for buck', scuse the pun again...

JohnJones
19-11-2023, 08:36 PM

Rent will only decrease when another pandemic happens and people have to leave the country in droves. Otherwise, landlords and real estate agents won't drop rental prices as they think of tenants as a number.

bummer
23-11-2023, 02:46 PM
Carpet burns are a sign of fun ‘n’ games unless you wanna keep them away from your spouse.

I will admit it...
I like the non-spa rooms @ 360.
I used to take a cheap plastic blowup mattress and lay it under the running shower (ok I have a special shower head thingy which can slip on and make it like a fine drizzle.
That with the nuru gel, and some nice extra fun can result.
I have always sworn the girls to secrecy, and seems they have kept it :)

GoldfishMan
23-11-2023, 05:39 PM
https://www.9news.com.au/national/new-research-highlights-australias-housing-affordability-divide/56784939-2dcc-4a26-a0cc-5696f0f2d560

You'll need to be earning $300k a year gross to be able to comfortably afford a median home in Australia. Probably closer to $500k in Sydney.
To put this into perspective, if you earn $300k a year you'd be in the 99th percentile of income earners in Australia. Think about that for a minute. Only 1% of the population can actually comfortably afford a median home in this "beautiful" country. That's diabolical!

It's all fucked up here and this is the root cause of all of it: residential property prices are simply cooked beyond recognition. We been fattening the goose that lays the golden egg too much, it looks like it's going to die from a massive heart attack any moment now.

frisson
23-11-2023, 05:56 PM
https://www.9news.com.au/national/new-research-highlights-australias-housing-affordability-divide/56784939-2dcc-4a26-a0cc-5696f0f2d560

Only 1% of the population can actually comfortably afford a median home in this "beautiful" country. That's diabolical!

It's all fucked up here and this is the root cause of all of it: residential property prices are simply cooked beyond recognition. We been fattening the goose that lays the golden egg too much, it looks like it's going to die from a massive heart attack any moment now.

Yes. You appreciate the importance of this Market Wrap
Rent and mortgages are on an inexorable rise. Budgeting is now a fact of life for more people

Importantly, the housing shortage now directly affects punting. It is leading to serious questions as to whether we need to reduce the amount of student immigration

This is one of Australia's leading economists for over 30 years
He doesn't hold back...
https://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/australian-economy/misery-machine-economist-chris-richardson-calls-for-lower-student-numbers-as-housing-crisis-deepens/news-story/3ac330cecdf72f4eee0351fe54f7cae8

Politicians were not aware or didn't care about a housing crisis 10-20 years ago. Incompetence. The problem was that most politicians are investment property owners. Politicians love rising house prices, totally ignoring the plight of the young who will never own one property

Vincent888
23-11-2023, 06:18 PM

Has the govt said there’s a recession?

frisson
23-11-2023, 06:22 PM
Has the govt said there’s a recession?
Officially we are not in a recession. However the ongoing interest rate rises will lead us down that path
I recommend you check the local shopping centre, or walk down a shopping mall. Notice the increasing number of shop closures and For Lease signs
Those are the signals of an impending downturn/recession

The Federal Government will have dodged a very fast bullet if a recession isn't a fact by the next election

Vincent888
23-11-2023, 06:25 PM
A lot of businesses don’t run a high profit margin so they cannot absorb price rises or interest rate rises. Consequently they go to the wall.

JohnJones
23-11-2023, 06:30 PM
Politicians were not aware or didn't care about a housing crisis 10-20 years ago. Incompetence. The problem was that politicians mainly own investment properties. Politicians love rising house prices, totally ignoring the plight of the young who will never own one property

Politicians treat their job like the new influx of WLs these days - a way to earn money. They don't care if you're satisfied at the end of the session or not.

The government views cheap housing as an economic catastrophe - the easier it is for citizens and residents to buy property, the less likely they want to work hard so the GDP numbers will plummet and people will pay less taxes.

But this time the government brought onto themselves a problem they can't overturn. And the people coming here in droves are taking advantage of the situation just in case the doors get shut in the near future, as it always has been for decades.

Then again, in the past several decades wages weren't as high and interest rates were as high as 20%. Only people with a huge inheritance could afford to buy homes compared to those who were buying homes using dodgy brokers for the past 10 years.

In my opinion, the property market is still accessible with dual income couples. To avoid paying too much on interest rates a good amount of deposit is needed. Also it is good to start small with an apartment unit first - stay short term for 5-10 years, sell when it's appreciating, go back into renting short term and buy when prices are depreciating. During that short term mortgage repayment you'd have made back the total amount of interest paid if you sell for the right amount, then use that money for a deposit into a new home.

The phrase "it takes two to tango" is probably more relevant than ever in this economic crisis. Living on a single income is very difficult even as a single person. I was lucky I didn't listen to "friends" advice on spending money on a new motorcycle or luxury car, and instead made my money grow in investment the past 3 years. Still, I wish I have at least $100k to put into an investment property.

JohnJones
23-11-2023, 06:39 PM
A lot of businesses don’t run a high profit margin so they cannot absorb price rises or interest rate rises. Consequently they go to the wall.

Food prices also driven more by rent rather than high demand or lack of supply these days. Real estate agencies are really milking out the rental market even though there's not much demand for business properties as they are not meant to be used as dwellings.

Some business properties are owned outright and no longer owing mortgages. Council rates rise also doesn't contribute much. It's just corporate greed that passes on pain onto startup businesses trying to make a living.

The RBA boss lady is also ridiculous. She's asking people to stop spending when millions are already tightening their belts. It's as if she's asking all of us to photosynthesize rather than eat to ease economic pressure.

Nothing's gonna change unless the government changes.

GoldfishMan
23-11-2023, 06:42 PM
Yes. You appreciate the importance of this Market Wrap
Rent and mortgages are on an inexorable rise. Budgeting is now a fact of life for more people

Importantly, the housing shortage now directly affects punting. It is leading to serious questions as to whether we need to reduce the amount of student immigration

This is one of Australia's leading economists for over 30 years
He doesn't hold back...
https://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/australian-economy/misery-machine-economist-chris-richardson-calls-for-lower-student-numbers-as-housing-crisis-deepens/news-story/3ac330cecdf72f4eee0351fe54f7cae8

Politicians were not aware or didn't care about a housing crisis 10-20 years ago. Incompetence. The problem was that politicians mainly own investment properties. Politicians love rising house prices, totally ignoring the plight of the young who will never own one property

I feel like everything that has gone on over the last 30 years or so in Australia, in terms of government policies that have impacted on housing, have led us to our current situation.

Regardless of political party, every policy has been stacked on the side of the scale that counters actual Australians being able to own their own homes. First home owners grants, whatever schemes they come up with, ultimately result in the "free market" gobbling up every little bit of advantage that was meant for the buyers. It's incredible when you step back and look at it. They say vision is 20:20 in retrospect, but even back then there were loud voices that screamed about how poor those policies were. To no avail!

I've personally made up my mind a long time ago that Australia is a basket case. Nothing will change its trajectory. It will eventually become some sort of slave-master society that would be similar to medieval times. Instead of landowners, you'd have property owners. And in place of poor peasant farmers, you'd have poor peasant office workers. Makes no difference to me, it's just the same shit that this beautiful "free market" has given us.

Vincent888
23-11-2023, 06:46 PM
Food prices also driven more by rent rather than high demand or lack of supply these days. Real estate agencies are really milking out the rental market even though there's not much demand for business properties as they are not meant to be used as dwellings.

Some business properties are owned outright and no longer owing mortgages. Council rates rise also doesn't contribute much. It's just corporate greed that passes on pain onto startup businesses trying to make a living.

The RBA boss lady is also ridiculous. She's asking people to stop spending when millions are already tightening their belts. It's as if she's asking all of us to photosynthesize rather than eat to ease economic pressure.

Nothing's gonna change unless the government changes.

The RBA boss lady looks… well you make your own judgement.

frisson
23-11-2023, 06:48 PM
I feel like everything that has gone on over the last 30 years or so in Australia, in terms of government policies that have impacted on housing, have led us to our current situation.

Regardless of political party, every policy has been stacked on the side of the scale that counters actual Australians being able to own their own homes. First home owners grants, whatever schemes they come up with, ultimately result in the "free market" gobbling up every little bit of advantage that was meant for the buyers. It's incredible when you step back and look at it. They say vision is 20:20 in retrospect, but even back then there were loud voices that screamed about how poor those policies were. To no avail!

I've personally made up my mind a long time ago that Australia is a basket case. Nothing will change its trajectory. It will eventually become some sort of slave-master society that would be similar to medieval times. Instead of landowners, you'd have property owners. And in place of poor peasant farmers, you'd have poor peasant office workers. Makes no difference to me, it's just the same shit that this beautiful "free market" has given us.

100%
Did you know the Queensland state government hasn't learnt a thing, and are reintroducing the first home owners grant ! This will just turbo charge the buyers market and increases prices more

I remember maybe up to 5 years ago, ignorant financial journalists wrote articles: 'Should you rent or should you buy if you had a choice'. As if renting was a good choice. Well the reality is clear, and in front of our eyes

As you say, this world will soon very sharply divide between haves and have nots. There will be not just an indigenous underclass, but also a white majority underclass. There will be a massive homelessness problem, even with families
Essential workers like teachers and nurses will not be able to be attracted as the rents in many areas are too high

If your family do not own real estate, you may be stuck on the rental escalator for life

If you are young and single, stay at home as long as you can

Vincent888
23-11-2023, 06:49 PM

People have to find a neich market and hustle.

That’s about the only way, unless they come up with a genius idea and let’s face it, a lot are on the treadmill. There’s no time or inclination to do anything except work.

JohnJones
23-11-2023, 06:58 PM
People have to find a neich market and hustle.

That’s about the only way, unless they come up with a genius idea and let’s face it, a lot are on the treadmill. There’s no time or inclination to do anything except work.

Not all niche markets can take off. Some of our modern inventions didn't properly take off decades ago because people at that time just weren't ready.

It takes a lot of resources to introduce and make a niche market successful. It's better to work, save, invest then wait for the right opportunity to start something up rather than start things prematurely while you're still living paycheck to paycheck.

frisson
23-11-2023, 07:15 PM
People have to find a niche market and hustle

This is Gen Z talk
Correct me if I'm wrong, but for the majority of people, the side hustle never replace their full time or part time jobs

T1ooo
23-11-2023, 07:28 PM
take it from me, earning over $250k is NOT worth it.
its super stressful and you pay half of it in tax, NO point at all, and it dosnt last very long.

People need to down size.

Vincent888
23-11-2023, 07:45 PM
This is Gen Z talk
Correct me if I'm wrong, but for the majority of people, the side hustle never replace their full time or part time jobs

It is relevant to that generation as it is they that are suffering also.

You’re correct about the hustle.

Vincent888
23-11-2023, 07:47 PM
its super stressful and you pay half of it in tax, NO point at all, and it dosnt last very long.

Stop spending the RBA lady said.

Dentists and hairdressers the first to get the chop, she suggests. So they’re will be a lot of long haired toothless hippy looking folk very shortly. It’s to save the economy you see.

JohnJones
23-11-2023, 08:16 PM

This is what inflation does. There's no point in chasing a higher salary when prices follow suit as well.

JohnJones
23-11-2023, 08:17 PM
Stop spending the RBA lady said.

Dentists and hairdressers the first to get the chop, she suggests. So they’re will be a lot of long haired toothless hippy looking folk very shortly. It’s to save the economy you see.

When people who have a lot of money and are stingy at the same time try to give people financial advice, this is what you get - incompetence.

Vincent888
23-11-2023, 08:22 PM
She’s literally and figuratively a front man.

GoldfishMan
23-11-2023, 08:35 PM
100%
Did you know the Queensland state government hasn't learnt a thing, and are reintroducing the first home owners grant ! This will just turbo charge the buyers market and increases prices more

I remember maybe up to 5 years ago, ignorant financial journalists wrote articles: 'Should you rent or should you buy if you had a choice'. As if renting was a good choice. Well the reality is clear, and in front of our eyes

As you say, this world will soon very sharply divide between haves and have nots. There will be not just an indigenous underclass, but also a white majority underclass. There will be a massive homelessness problem, even with families
Essential workers like teachers and nurses will not be able to be attracted as the rents in many areas are too high

If your family do not open real estate, you may be stuck on the rental escalator for life

If you are young and single, stay at home as long as you can

Ok, let me clear up something. My previous post was written in a bit of angst and did not have many details. For one thing, nothing just ends in real life like in the movies or a story book.

Is that scenario of a 1% property owners / profitable lenders vs a 99% pleb renter underclass population sustainable?

Look back at medieval times and you'll see how sustainable it is. Kings, lords, barons have been beheaded because of this.

Imagine a Sydney where there are no hairdressers, no dentists, no MLs, no WLs, no bartenders to pour you a drink, no waiter to serve you your steak, not enough cops to police your streets, no ambo crews to fetch you when you're sick and need attention. Nobody would stay here because the cost vs reward equation simply don't add up.

Before it even gets to that, we will see uprisings. Violence, blood shed, social turmoil, revolution. Laugh at it as if it would never happen here but mark my words, humans are like animals. Corner them too hard and they will fight back!

Like I said, this place is farked. If you're happy with getting rich at the expense of good everyday people not having a home, go ahead and do it. I don't. I made plans to GTFO from this place once it's no longer tenable to be here a long time ago. Mind made up, screw you guys I'm outta here. I don't think I'll miss much of here anyway. The food is bland, heck even the much vaunted punting can be had anywhere else in the world.

frisson
23-11-2023, 08:38 PM
You haven't said where you are going

GoldfishMan
23-11-2023, 09:00 PM
You haven't said where you are going

SE Asia, bro. At least the food will be good.

frisson
23-11-2023, 09:07 PM
SE Asia, bro. At least the food will be good.

Air quality not so good

GoldfishMan
23-11-2023, 09:56 PM
Air quality not so good
Haha.... Fark air quality, I'd rather live in a place where the food is good and not a second rate photocopy of the real thing costing 7X the price. Most countries in SE Asia are good for punting too!

I'd rather live in countries where the governments at least do something to safeguard the basic necessities of their citizens, rather than lead them down a path where they will end up being slaves to the wealthy or the profiteering banks.

A fine example of what Australia is about is the "Wakefield scheme", masterminded by a Edward Gibbon Wakefield, that created Adelaide as we know it. Check it out if you have time. The crux of this scheme was to stop giving land away to settlers (that's what Aussie colonial Govs used to do) but instead to price it at such a high price that skilled workers would need to go to Adelaide and work there for many years before they could afford the land.

Fast forward to now, the Gov is doing the same thing only under the guise of "free market", with a few "helping hands" of this grant or that scheme to "help" homebuyers buy a home. All smoke and mirrors, it's the same shitty carrot-dangling trick all over again.

In an earlier post, you said that pollies didn't care enough about housing for 10-20 years. Why would they? Their tenures in office don't even go close to that length of time. The entire democratic system we have is designed for pollies to get in, make a fast buck, and GTFO. Who would care what happens in 10-20 years if their time in office could potentially be as short as 4 years?

frisson
25-11-2023, 06:07 PM
Your concerns are realistic. Means a lot of people will be wage slaves in this country, particularly if they are renting after the age of 65
I can't imagine the Federal Government, having the funds, to bail out everyone poor and struggling with rent

JohnJones
25-11-2023, 06:54 PM
Your concerns are realistic. Means a lot of people will be wage slaves in this country, particularly if they are renting after the age of 65
I can't imagine the Federal Government, having the funds, to bail out everyone poor and struggling with rent

The government is trying to make universities and corporations happy by fattening their pockets. When their pockets get fatter, taxes get bigger. So government's pockets as get bigger. But all of this at the cost of taxpayers.

They'll wait until someone gets voted out, then attempt to repair the problem and introduce a new one in the background.

personaa
25-11-2023, 07:03 PM
They'll wait until someone gets voted out, then attempt to repair the problem and introduce a new one in the background.

I have never seen any government fixing anything apart from Operation Sovereign Borders ( yes we had one new boat sneaked in last week) but all the issues and problems are basically bouncing back. Just take housing, every government promises to fix the housing affordability, it has almost turned into a joke!

Vincent888
25-11-2023, 07:15 PM

Tell me. How is the government going to house people if they keep giving money away to overseas countries?

JohnJones
25-11-2023, 07:19 PM
Tell me. How is the government going to house people if they keep giving money away to overseas countries?

Introduce another wave of COVID to kill off the pensioners and aged care residents I guess.

frisson
25-11-2023, 09:12 PM
Introduce another wave of COVID to kill off the pensioners and aged care residents I guess.
COVID was a natural event not related to a lab, and was not a coverup
We were lucky we had good vaccines that worked. Other countries weren't so lucky

frisson
25-11-2023, 09:14 PM
The government is trying to make universities and corporations happy by fattening their pockets. When their pockets get fatter, taxes get bigger. So government's pockets as get bigger. But all of this at the cost of taxpayers.

That's right. The Federal Government is rushing through hundreds of thousands of foreign students, most who come to Sydney or Melbourne, and absolutely swamp the rental market. Have no problem with foreign students, just there is nowhere now for people to live

JohnJones
25-11-2023, 09:15 PM
COVID was a natural event not related to a lab, and was not a coverup
We were lucky we had good vaccines that worked. Other countries weren't so lucky

Don't worry, SARS3 will magically appear somewhere.

personaa
25-11-2023, 09:17 PM

I don't think the foreign aid is the main problem here. In fact Australia's contribution is one of the lowest in the OECD group (1.49 percent comes from Australia) so we are not really generous even if you consider population and GNI, and I'm not in any sense trying to say we have to be generous unless there is national interest behind it. You can check it here www.devpolicy.org The problem IMHO is lacking perspective into future. Massive migration and poor infrastructure.

thepoonter
27-11-2023, 08:21 AM
Don't worry, SARS3 will magically appear somewhere.

There's been some report of a mysterious pneumonia cases in China. Timing is too convenient as last time as it was leading to a US election

Vincent888
27-11-2023, 07:19 PM
“Trust no one” as Furry Fox Mulder once said. Though I do prefer the cigarette smoking man.