PDA

View Full Version : General talk Korean Girls - What is Going On??

charmingninjaman
30-11-2023, 08:00 AM
What is going on with the korean talent these days? Seems to be getting worse. Bring back the days of Midas, Romeos and Angel Town!!

asiafever
30-11-2023, 09:25 AM
A number of factors.
Korea is facing a demographic crisis, birthrates have plummeted over the past number of years, the economy has slowed, unis are predicting a drastic decline in local enrolments over the next 2 decades. The number of koreans travelling overseas for studies has halved since 2017. Globally it has dropped in the region of 60% since 2010. In Australia the figures are worse, more like a 65% drop. One of the reasons kids used to study overseas was that it was seen to be beneficial in securing higher level employment on return, but that trend has also died, with employers preferring local talent now as they're seen as more likely to survive the intense korean work culture.

Add to that it became kind of a widespread innuendo that a youngish pretty girl going to Australia on a WH, student visa or similar was going there to do sex work. I know a Korean girl, not in the industry, who'd been living here 10 years, went back to visit family, and the taxi driver once he asked "Where have you come from?" and she answered "Sydney" went on a rant about Korean girls going to Sydney to work as hookers. As you can imagine she was hugely offended, but it didn't stop his continued insistence that she must work as a sex worker of some sort as she "is pretty enough". And that's nowhere near an isolated incident, I hear it quite often. But sure that's anecdotal..

Other factors could include Korea took longer to emerge from Covid and was hit harder than we were, an ageing population with fewer kids means those kids won't want to leave ageing parents, not culturally acceptable behaviour. Also lots of girls trying to pursue a "career" as an influencer...

The days of an abundance of Korean girls arriving regularly are gone is the summary answer.

GoldfishMan
30-11-2023, 01:07 PM
Also don't forget about the AUD and the Oz economy.

The AUD is probably the worst performing currency in the OECD right now. Been tanking against the USD since 2021, and also tanking against the KRW for the last 1 year. Take a look at the 1-year and 3-year conversion charts of major currencies against the KRW. USD, GBP, EUR, all of them are in the green, but AUD is in the red. That means earning AUD for these girls would be much less desirable than any of those other currencies.

Then there is the Oz economy. This actually relates back to the strength of the currency. Our economy is EXTREMELY fragile because the ultra-high levels of mortgage debt makes it impossible for the RBA to increase the interest rate sufficiently to combat inflation.

People always cry foul about interest rates making life tougher for all, as if it adds to inflation. Well, that's only because our economy was abnormal to begin with. A normal functioning economy shouldn't have had so much invested into mortgage debt, shouldn't have had such high property prices. Now the only tool that can beat inflation has become unusable.

The end result is, our real inflation levels are a lot higher than anywhere else in the world, and our currency is tanking because of it.

Maybe we can think of K-girls in the shops as some sort of "canary in the coal mine", lol...

Sibon
30-11-2023, 01:26 PM
What is going on with the korean talent these days? Seems to be getting worse. Bring back the days of Midas, Romeos and Angel Town!!

There are more than enough hot girls from China in Sydney that I need to worry about K girls, J girls, L girls or M girls etc. etc.

Will_1_am
30-11-2023, 03:15 PM
@GoldfishMan.
Too right. Absolutely "on the money". Pun intended.

Abracadabra
30-11-2023, 03:16 PM
There are more than enough hot girls from China in Sydney that I need to worry about K girls, J girls, L girls or M girls etc. etc.

Wouldn't doubt you Sibon.
I just haven't found them yet!

Who are your top 5 C WLs at present??

charmingninjaman
01-12-2023, 09:39 AM
A number of factors.
Korea is facing a demographic crisis, birthrates have plummeted over the past number of years, the economy has slowed, unis are predicting a drastic decline in local enrolments over the next 2 decades. The number of koreans travelling overseas for studies has halved since 2017. Globally it has dropped in the region of 60% since 2010. In Australia the figures are worse, more like a 65% drop. One of the reasons kids used to study overseas was that it was seen to be beneficial in securing higher level employment on return, but that trend has also died, with employers preferring local talent now as they're seen as more likely to survive the intense korean work culture.

Add to that it became kind of a widespread innuendo that a youngish pretty girl going to Australia on a WH, student visa or similar was going there to do sex work. I know a Korean girl, not in the industry, who'd been living here 10 years, went back to visit family, and the taxi driver once he asked "Where have you come from?" and she answered "Sydney" went on a rant about Korean girls going to Sydney to work as hookers. As you can imagine she was hugely offended, but it didn't stop his continued insistence that she must work as a sex worker of some sort as she "is pretty enough". And that's nowhere near an isolated incident, I hear it quite often. But sure that's anecdotal..

Other factors could include Korea took longer to emerge from Covid and was hit harder than we were, an ageing population with fewer kids means those kids won't want to leave ageing parents, not culturally acceptable behaviour. Also lots of girls trying to pursue a "career" as an influencer...

The days of an abundance of Korean girls arriving regularly are gone is the summary answer.

Everything you say makes sense. Especially regarding the stigma that Korean girls must be coming here to work in the sex industry, even my born here Korean friends have that impression of fobs which come here from Korea.

charmingninjaman
01-12-2023, 09:44 AM
Also don't forget about the AUD and the Oz economy.

The AUD is probably the worst performing currency in the OECD right now. Been tanking against the USD since 2021, and also tanking against the KRW for the last 1 year. Take a look at the 1-year and 3-year conversion charts of major currencies against the KRW. USD, GBP, EUR, all of them are in the green, but AUD is in the red. That means earning AUD for these girls would be much less desirable than any of those other currencies.

Then there is the Oz economy. This actually relates back to the strength of the currency. Our economy is EXTREMELY fragile because the ultra-high levels of mortgage debt makes it impossible for the RBA to increase the interest rate sufficiently to combat inflation.

People always cry foul about interest rates making life tougher for all, as if it adds to inflation. Well, that's only because our economy was abnormal to begin with. A normal functioning economy shouldn't have had so much invested into mortgage debt, shouldn't have had such high property prices. Now the only tool that can beat inflation has become unusable.

The end result is, our real inflation levels are a lot higher than anywhere else in the world, and our currency is tanking because of it.

Maybe we can think of K-girls in the shops as some sort of "canary in the coal mine", lol...

Yeah our currency exchange rate is definitely getting battered - and all these people crying about their mortgage and hating the RBA for interest rate rises don't understand that we are importing inflation because the RBA has been so TIMID with the rate rises compared with the rest of the world.
I'm in tech - and my expenses for staff and infrastructure has gone up significantly due to our exchange rate. This in turn gets passed on to my customers that are here.

Sibon
01-12-2023, 10:05 AM
Wouldn't doubt you Sibon.
I just haven't found them yet!

Who are your top 5 C WLs at present??

Any 5 girls from 14 Burwood or 84A Artarmon.

They all are as hot as hot.

sukeong
01-12-2023, 10:45 AM

Someone mentioned the ROK government has crack down on their women going overseas to work as sex workers after sensational expose in their local media. Admittedly all those working holiday visa holders from SK turning to sex work overseas isn't a great look for their country.

But wats the big deal? The Japanese women are getting here in big numbers nowadays to replace them. Kinda surprised about the reason though. Until I realized how bad their economy is projected to be. It gonna be worse than Germany and that's saying something lol.

GoldfishMan
01-12-2023, 11:11 AM
Yeah our currency exchange rate is definitely getting battered - and all these people crying about their mortgage and hating the RBA for interest rate rises don't understand that we are importing inflation because the RBA has been so TIMID with the rate rises compared with the rest of the world.
I'm in tech - and my expenses for staff and infrastructure has gone up significantly due to our exchange rate. This in turn gets passed on to my customers that are here.

That's exactly right, and the RBA being timid with interest rates is not their fault either. This is the doing of the governments of the day. When the RBA dropped rates to record lows, they did that with the expectation that the additional liquidity created would flow to productive use, to companies struggling during the pandemic as business loans, etc. Not funneled into buying ever more expensive non-productive assets like residential property.

Yet the governments didn't do anything to direct the liquidity. They simply let it flow where ever it went. You wouldn't believe how crazy it was back then. I was working in a big bank back then. We had people applying for "business loans" that were then actually used to buy residential properties. Can you believe that? The banks just turned a blind eye because they were making money, and what's the risk of buying good ol fashioned Aussie RE, right? It was a complete sham!

Ergo we're in this shitty position now. The RBA cannot increase interest rates because doing so would increase rents and mortgage service costs. Talk about being caught between a rock and a hard place!

The governments of this country are all idiots, regardless of which party they're from.

Abracadabra
01-12-2023, 11:20 AM
That's exactly right, and the RBA being timid with interest rates is not their fault either. This is the doing of the governments of the day. When the RBA dropped rates to record lows, they did that with the expectation that the additional liquidity created would flow to productive use, to companies struggling during the pandemic as business loans, etc. Not funneled into buying ever more expensive non-productive assets like residential property.

Yet the governments didn't do anything to direct the liquidity. They simply let it flow where ever it went. You wouldn't believe how crazy it was back then. I was working in a big bank back then. We had people applying for "business loans" that were then actually used to buy residential properties. Can you believe that? The banks just turned a blind eye because they were making money, and what's the risk of buying good ol fashioned Aussie RE, right? It was a complete sham!

Ergo we're in this shitty position now. The RBA cannot increase interest rates because doing so would increase rents and mortgage service costs. Talk about being caught between a rock and a hard place!

The governments of this country are all idiots, regardless of which party they're from.

Agree on residential property and the tax breaks that assist in fueling it.

But monetary policy, which is poorly targeted, isn't the only way of addressing inflation, but governments are reticent to move on fiscal policy as politicians are invariably short term with a populist slant and one eye on yr 2/3 polls.

Real reform is unpopular, example the GST.

personaa
01-12-2023, 04:34 PM
Everyone knows negative gearing and foreign ownership are two main factors contributing to housing crisis here. This is happening because a basic human right (Shelter) has turned into a profitable good and subject to greed and political games.

woodland
01-12-2023, 08:58 PM
It seems like you work in finance Goldfish good analysis

frisson
01-12-2023, 09:14 PM
Agree on residential property and the tax breaks that assist in fueling it.

But monetary policy, which is poorly targeted, isn't the only way of addressing inflation, but governments are reticent to move on fiscal policy as politicians are invariably short term with a populist slant and one eye on yr 2/3 polls.

Real reform is unpopular, example the GST.

Labor did suggest looking into negative gearing when they were in Opposition. Unfortunately Labor realised very quickly there are a lot of wealthy people who would vote against any party suggesting changes. But surely more people would have supported a review. Why is the Federal Government subsidising people buying 2-4 properties

It's sad because we have allowed an essential need (houses, units) to become a tool for speculation and investment by the wealthy

Meanwhile homelessness becomes a reality for more and more people

Governments for 30 years in many countries have lead the next generations into poverty. We laughed about people staying home with parents into middle age. It's now mandatory for a large number of people

carmen farquis
01-12-2023, 09:27 PM
Everyone knows negative gearing and foreign ownership are two main factors contributing to housing crisis here. This is happening because a basic human right (Shelter) has turned into a profitable good and subject to greed and political games.

I agree the foreign ownership. A lot of my customers have sold their houses of the internet without the buyer even seeing the place in person.

Also heard some governments will give interest free loans to invest overseas.

We can't even buy in a lot of those countries unless you're married. to someone from there.

woodland
01-12-2023, 09:31 PM
The actual impact of foreign ownership is no where near as high as what you think it is. It’s the interest rate effect. During Covid house prices went up substantially when there wasn’t any foreign buyers. Now, when rates have gone up, only a small portion of the population is suffering. Young generation home owners with mortgages. What is the percantage? Less than 10%. Wealthy older boomer Australians still want to invest in more property. They have no incentive to wish for lower property price. Don’t be racist. Facts and logic please

carmen farquis
01-12-2023, 09:33 PM
The actual impact of foreign ownership is no where near as high as what you think it is. It’s the interest rate effect. During Covid house prices went up substantially when there wasn’t any foreign buyers. Don’t be racist. Facts and logic please

FFs how was that racist

frisson
01-12-2023, 11:21 PM
The actual impact of foreign ownership is no where near as high as what you think it is. It’s the interest rate effect. During Covid house prices went up substantially when there wasn’t any foreign buyers. Now, when rates have gone up, only a small portion of the population is suffering. Young generation home owners with mortgages. What is the percantage? Less than 10%. Wealthy older boomer Australians still want to invest in more property. They have no incentive to wish for lower property price. Don’t be racist. Facts and logic please

Regardless of the proportions of ownership, since Australians aren't allowed to buy property in many large foreign countries, isn't it just fair and just not to allow citizens from these same countries to buy Australian properties and farms and ports?

I don't care the ethnicity, it's just basic justice

As for Korean ML/WL, let's avoid stereotypes. Some may be great service, some may not. Don't idealise a certain race. KPS was a thing in Sydney

personaa
01-12-2023, 11:26 PM

The impact of foreign ownership isn't about racism my friend, it's a fact.

A house goes into the market and an overseas buyer with no mortgage buys it in cash and way above its market value and guess what happens next? All the other houses will match the sold price and locals get kicked out from the market? One of the very first question a vendor asks his agent before the auction is : Do we have any Asian buyers ? (This is not a fabrication and not racism, it's taken from an Interview with Tom Panos who is one of the top auctioneers in Australia. He was the major presenter in AU Real Estate Expo in Gold Coast and did the final auction for the block.

Now guess how that bubble was created? And who was responsible for it?

https://www.afr.com/property/commercial/china-tops-the-list-of-foreign-buyers-of-housing-20230309-p5cqrn

This is not racism, unless you want to close your eyes to what's actually happening.

As for Koreans, I just returned from South Korea. All I can say what you see here as Korean WL/ML, is the left over of the main party. Kind of beauties you see in Seoul Gangnam and Hongdae is totally a different class to what we see here.

frisson
01-12-2023, 11:37 PM
Let's not pull out the racism card. Victim and oppressor. That whole shebang.
Calling racism means that all sensible debate is then cancelled

It's awful when losers who can't debate to save themselves say that the majority of Australians are racist. Get off your high horses

Government officials recently did provide statistics that overseas buyers are a small proportion of Australian property owners, just saying

My point stands, why can people buy houses here but we can't buy property in those countries. That seems unjust.

Anyway, don't stand between a property owner selling their home, and money, or you will be trampled

GoldfishMan
02-12-2023, 07:38 AM
It seems like you work in finance Goldfish good analysis

No I don't, but I used to work in a big bank for many years. That gave me the opportunity to observe how things work right in the thick of it. I also like to keep a close eye on macro factors (policies, markets, etc) that affect our economy. It's a bit of a hobby for me, lol...

During COVID, remember how the RBA dropped rates to 0.1%? At the same time, they also created a huge pool of liquidity (I forgot the name for it, but it was hundreds of billions worth) that was only accessible by the banks through "business related loans".

Now the banks,
they make money using money. They lend it out and charge interest for it. The more liquidity that they can access, the more money they can make. Now here's a big chunk of money that they can access at 0.1% interest, but it's only accessible through "business loans". In reality, business loans were highly unpopular. Nobody was taking out any business loans, I mean come on, we were in the middle of a pandemic. Who's going to expand their business at such a time? But houses and apartments, that's a different story. There's always demand for that.

Almost immediately after that move by the RBA, my bank employer started ramping up work on business loans. Every project that came along was business loan this, business loan that. I was scratching my head thinking, since when was business loans so popular?

So I took a closer look at what was going on. Somewhere in the mix of many projects, there was a small one to "enable home loan origination DURING business loan application". Lol...

Also, about foreign buyers. It's not about racism. There are heaps of people of all races that are cashed up and coming to Oz buying up property. People from the US, UK, India, SE Asia, and of course China. They do this because Oz is a country where the Gov does not really prevent foreigners from buying property, unlike most other OECD countries. Sure, a foreign buyer needs FIRB approval to buy Oz property, but they rarely reject any applications.

Once these cashed up people are allowed into the mix, you don't need a lot of them, they will distort the market in such a way that it weakens the correlation between local wages and home prices.

People who want to let foreign buyers in always use the small percentage to argue that they can't be a big factor, but there are 2 problems with that. 1, don't need many of them to have the above distortion effect on the market. 2, the best ways to get around the FIRB controls is to not appear as a foreign buyer, so they don't show up in the stats.

charmingninjaman
02-12-2023, 10:26 AM
As for Koreans, I just returned from South Korea. All I can say what you see here as Korean WL/ML, is the left over of the main party. Kind of beauties you see in Seoul Gangnam and Hongdae is totally a different class to what we see here.

Yes!!! That's exactly what my Korean mate told me too - he's exact words were "Only the leftover Kimchi come here" :sweat:
I'm so freaking jealous!!

Sibon
02-12-2023, 10:41 AM

Please don't confuse Australia with Korea.

They have their beauties in Korea. We have very few of them in Australia.

Would you like Australia to be another Korea so that we can have their share of beauties and have half of next-generation Australians looking like half-Koreans?

personaa
02-12-2023, 11:25 AM
Don't think I said anything that could be interpreted as Australians to become half-Koreans! But I don't mind that either, as mixed race Asian- Caucasian are super hot :)

frisson
02-12-2023, 12:39 PM
Yes!!! That's exactly what my Korean mate told me too - he's exact words were "Only the leftover Kimchi come here" :sweat:
I'm so freaking jealous!!

I didn't know this as I have never been to Korea, but it's not surprising

Human beings have this need to idealise things

I don't base punting on race/ethnicity. It's too big a generalisation

Projecting your idealised thoughts on a Korean lady or any race is silly imho. KPS was definitely around in Sydney so do not idealise any race

Base punting choice on the service standards of a shop and it's management

asiafever
02-12-2023, 01:26 PM
ABK girls are hot.

Girls in Korea probably seem next level because there are just so many more of them. I know what you mean, every time I go there I get eye strain and whiplash from twisting my neck so fast.

beta101
03-12-2023, 06:30 AM
Not many lookers in Seoul. Japan's much better by a huge margin.

Abracadabra
03-12-2023, 08:01 AM
We all have different experiences....Seoul excels for girl watching imho.

Spend some time in bars in the street behind Hamilton in Itaewon on a Fri/Sat night and it's hard to know where to look!
Throw in a walk around COEX, Dongdaemun, Hongdae, uni areas like Sinchon or Hyehwa or shopping centres like Lotte / Shinsegae.

Beem me back!

asiafever
03-12-2023, 08:30 AM

Lived in Tokyo for 2 years, love Japanese girls, but Seoul wins every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Have been to Seoul 6 times, staying in Gangnam, Namdaemun and Myong-Dong mostly, been there in all seasons.
I say again, I love Japanese girls, nobody does cute better, but yeah the greatest eye candy festival of my life was walking around on Xmas eve in Myongdong, followed closely by a summer afternoon/evening in Gangnam and then Lotte World.

But that's just me.

charmingninjaman
03-12-2023, 09:24 AM

Really? I don't know why, but Jap women just don't do it for me :confused2:

Even recently, I went to Mirage and saw Momo - who was an exceptionally cute and friendly girl, pretty, great service - but just something lacking for me personally.

BTW - for all lovers of young Jap women - please go see Momo - she's pretty (girl next door look, real C cups, a little tan) - she's a nice girl that cares about service and gives good access to her body. Just no click or connection with me personally.

03-12-2023, 10:42 AM
Just wish the Korean blokes would stop travelling to Thailand and Philippines

frisson
03-12-2023, 12:12 PM
We all have different experiences....Seoul excels for girl watching imho.

Spend some time in bars in the street behind Hamilton in Itaewon on a Fri/Sat night and it's hard to know where to look!
Throw in a walk around COEX, Dongdaemun, Hongdae, uni areas like Sinchon or Hyehwa or shopping centres like Lotte / Shinsegae.

Beem me back!

I'm not a fan of plastic surgery unfortunately
Particularly of the cheeks, mouth and lips. That just ruins any natural beauty that you were born with.
If it looks strange, then the surgery should not have taken place
If it looks fake then that's a shame

Actress Courtney Cox from the Friends sitcom is a classic example - there was nothing wrong with her natural beauty. Her post-op face was a downgrade imho
Makes you think - why did you touch your beautuful face with a blade? There was absolutely no need to do this, you were intimidated by the push if Hollywood to look artificially young. Of course if you look old you don't get offered work

Ageing gracefully is so much more sexy

cplurt2
05-12-2023, 09:57 AM
There's a fair number of working Korean girls in Vegas

Jamit
06-12-2023, 06:31 PM
No I don't, but I used to work in a big bank for many years. That gave me the opportunity to observe how things work right in the thick of it. I also like to keep a close eye on macro factors (policies, markets, etc) that affect our economy. It's a bit of a hobby for me, lol...

During COVID, remember how the RBA dropped rates to 0.1%? At the same time, they also created a huge pool of liquidity (I forgot the name for it, but it was hundreds of billions worth) that was only accessible by the banks through "business related loans".

Now the banks,
they make money using money. They lend it out and charge interest for it. The more liquidity that they can access, the more money they can make. Now here's a big chunk of money that they can access at 0.1% interest, but it's only accessible through "business loans". In reality, business loans were highly unpopular. Nobody was taking out any business loans, I mean come on, we were in the middle of a pandemic. Who's going to expand their business at such a time? But houses and apartments, that's a different story. There's always demand for that.

Almost immediately after that move by the RBA, my bank employer started ramping up work on business loans. Every project that came along was business loan this, business loan that. I was scratching my head thinking, since when was business loans so popular?

So I took a closer look at what was going on. Somewhere in the mix of many projects, there was a small one to "enable home loan origination DURING business loan application". Lol...

Also, about foreign buyers. It's not about racism. There are heaps of people of all races that are cashed up and coming to Oz buying up property. People from the US, UK, India, SE Asia, and of course China. They do this because Oz is a country where the Gov does not really prevent foreigners from buying property, unlike most other OECD countries. Sure, a foreign buyer needs FIRB approval to buy Oz property, but they rarely reject any applications.

Once these cashed up people are allowed into the mix, you don't need a lot of them, they will distort the market in such a way that it weakens the correlation between local wages and home prices.

People who want to let foreign buyers in always use the small percentage to argue that they can't be a big factor, but there are 2 problems with that. 1, don't need many of them to have the above distortion effect on the market. 2, the best ways to get around the FIRB controls is to not appear as a foreign buyer, so they don't show up in the stats.

It's all really sad. Alot of people born here, hard working who don't come from wealthy families and are not on the property boat, are beginning to hate Australia. Not much choice to make it elsewhere in the world though.

On the bright side you may as well spend your meagre cash savings after rent (cash return fully taxed unlike in real estate) on the Artarmon strip. Who knows who owns that decrepid cluster of buildings in one of the most expensive areas in the world but I doubt they are local.

Shortstack
08-12-2023, 10:43 AM
Tried Ari Kgirl from Rhodes Massage off E &B. I don’t generally talk to the girls because I’m shy but I hit it off with her. She and Vivian have left Rhodes massage and I’m saddened