PDA

View Full Version : Question Where can I get HIV PrEP?

karmaishere
06-12-2023, 11:07 AM
I just went to a GP to ask for this and he said he had never seen it before. Anyone know where I could get it? Don't want to waste another $40 on a GP that won't prescribe.

Mitch97
07-12-2023, 09:45 AM
How does your GP have a medical licence and not know what PREP is, Just go to another one

cplurt2
07-12-2023, 11:19 AM
Don't the sex clinics offer it? Just tell em you slap balls on occasion and dont use condoms cause your ass don't get pregnant.

Hogrider
07-12-2023, 11:48 AM
Don't the sex clinics offer it? Just tell em you slap balls on occasion and dont use condoms cause your ass don't get pregnant.

Thanks , I “exhaled” my coffee out ..

ColesBag
07-12-2023, 12:22 PM
How does your GP have a medical licence and not know what PREP is, Just go to another one

This. Sounds like a moral judgement rather than a medical one or maybe the doctor is some sort of dumb fuck.

Either way go to a GP in the Eastern Suburbs, they'll definitely know what it is.

TheMaestro
07-12-2023, 08:12 PM
Readily available in Thailand

woodland
07-12-2023, 09:09 PM
certain immigrant GPs out west may actually not know + the moral judgement

bjl0v3s
07-12-2023, 09:44 PM
Any recommendations for sex clinics in Sydney, preferably in the inner west and western areas.

frisson
08-12-2023, 03:51 PM
You can buy full body condoms online. Don't rely on that GP

T1ooo
08-12-2023, 07:26 PM
wtf?!?! this is a real thing? that's pretty crazy right? wtf? the have effectively prevented you getting HIV?!?!?!

tan30
09-12-2023, 12:26 AM
It reduces the risk of getting HIV yes, but it's not going to stop other STIs (which is easily treatable anyway). As the other poster said above go to Thailand and fuck there, then buy a shit tonne of PrEP. I think prep here is ridiculously expensive.. but hey if you like gay sex then maybe it's for you

bjav
09-12-2023, 01:45 AM
online gp script and then medicare 30

jedibear
09-12-2023, 07:35 PM
Isnt the risk 0.04% for penile vagina intercourse?

Sent from my CPH2339 using Tapatalk

GoldfishMan
10-12-2023, 11:36 AM
This might help:
https://www.pan.org.au/find-a-doctor

You can get to that page from this other page which has heaps more info:
https://www.sshc.org.au/health-professionals/prescribing-prep/

Dweebles
10-12-2023, 02:28 PM
Arrows (gay and bi) Club at Rydalmere seem to have such a service. I stumbled across their web site yesterday, https://aarowssydney.com.au/ see the bottom of their page for testing services.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Smoothknob
10-12-2023, 05:12 PM
its usually for gay men thats why shes most likrly not heard of it my doc told me

Niceguy11
05-03-2024, 10:01 PM
It's been a while since I have been on the forum and noticed this thread. NSW Health Sexual Health clinics is probably the best place to go if you do not want to pay the fee. Yes, as a previous poster said, it can be expensive. NSW Health Sexual Health clinics are mostly for people at risk such as gay men, sex workers and users who inject. If you meet the criteria then you can attend there and get it for free. A friend of mine works for Health and he told me so yeah, if you are really after prep (before sex) or pep (post sex), then go there. Just make up a story to meet the criteria and attend. No medicare card is required.

someguy88
05-03-2024, 10:09 PM
Does anyone reckon the WLs would be on prep? Or they're just risking it?

And yeah wouldn't be surprised if it's a moral judgement thing.
And to be fair, to play devils advocate, if everyone is out the raw doggin everyone one, could increase the chances of a outburst of some antibiotic strain of an sti, then we'll all be fucked, if you pardon the pun.

JJBlows
06-03-2024, 12:06 PM
I just went to a GP to ask for this and he said he had never seen it before. Anyone know where I could get it? Don't want to waste another $40 on a GP that won't prescribe.

Tell me you regularly bareback with out telling me you regularly bareback

06-03-2024, 08:43 PM
Send me a message if interested in Prep I might be able to recommend a dr

Twister
09-03-2024, 02:48 PM
Bill Warner Chemist
334 Victoria Rd Darlinghurst
Lists it for sale on his shop window.

https://www.billwarnerchemist.com.au/

Drove past there today and remembered this thread.

andrewv
09-03-2024, 04:38 PM
Bill Warner Chemist
334 Victoria Rd Darlinghurst
Lists it for sale on his shop window.

https://www.billwarnerchemist.com.au/

Drove past there today and remembered this thread.

Must have a doctor’s script for it.
Every GP can write a script.

Niceguy11
09-03-2024, 10:15 PM

That's exactly what I did. I basically just said I fuck blokes which I don't. No questions asked as NSW Health clinics (doctors and nurses) do not cast any judgement. All NSW sex health clinics have their own pharmacies so once you book an appointment with the clinic and see a doctor, you literally walk to the in house pharmacy which is generally located in the building (Parramatta has one on level 1), give them the script and they give you the medication straight away. No payment or Medicare required. I guess I'm just a bit paranoid when it comes to pussy slides so yeah, better to be safe.