PDA

View Full Version : General talk How do you think the carbon tax will affect your punting?

CommanderM
22-06-2012, 05:27 PM
I just wanted to ask:

if petrol prices go up because of carbon, would you travel less and just go to your local WL or brothel?

if you live in the West for example would it make you go less into the city?

if electricity prices go up, would be happy if parlours increase their prices?

if not, who would you blame? Gillard? the Greens? would you vote Labor still?

Travelmate
22-06-2012, 05:43 PM
carbon will affect taxable income..
I do not think it affect my punting at all. Zero effect.

Everyone laughs at me (Wilison, Ahlungor all knows my punting budget is $350 for 10 weeks, i.e. $35 per week), while the outcall agent charge $350 per hour.
But it does not matter.

What does matter for me are as follow:
NBA will affect my punting.
Girlfriend will affect punting.

22-06-2012, 05:57 PM
CommanderM, if you think that pricing of carbon will affect your punting then you have been listening too much to the mad monk and his sectarian scare campaign. What I mean by this is; if you are a history student you would know about the big sectarian campaigns that have divided the world, from the Catholic reformation against protestantism and scientific enquiry, to the Confucianist/Buddhist violence every time a dynasty changed in China, to the Hindu/Muslim bloodbaths in India. In every case, the opposition to change have been whipped up as a scare campaign that is based on fear of the unknown. Abbott and his acolytes in the Murdoch press are students of history and know how to distort facts. Any scientist and economist worth his salt knows that pricing carbon is the only sensible, long term solution to environmental degradation. Abbott knows this as well and will undoubtedly have his "oh, sorry now I have changed my mind" moment if he ever becomes Prime Minister.

A far more likely factor to your punting career will come from the moralist agenda Abbott will bring with him to government as baggage from the lunar right who have backed him. Just look at how O'Farrell, who is probably a reasonable chap, is now forced to pander to these right wing crazies. You have much more to fear of an Abbott, Eric Abetz, Corey Bernardi, Bronwyn Bishop, Christopher Pyne government, than a price on carbon.

GWEILO
22-06-2012, 07:16 PM
I have nothing against the Liberal Party, they are pro business. If the Liberal Party was still in control we would not be in deficit and we would not have a carbon tax. The only thing Labor knows how to do is spend money like crazy and create new fancy taxes.

22-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Get your facts right GWEILO. We are not in deficit; the liberals have their own version of carbon pricing; Howard was the highest taxing prime minister in Australian history; and oh, it is the Liberals who have opposed Labor's effort to reduce company tax.

Charlie123
22-06-2012, 11:09 PM
Lol, please do 5 minutes of internet research before posting 426 .. Howard/costello were responsible for 10 budget surpluses in 12 years .. Rudd/gillard have presided over 7 consecutive budget deficits (including the four largest deficits in australian history...)

Get your facts right GWEILO. We are not in deficit; the liberals have their own version of carbon pricing; Howard was the highest taxing prime minister in Australian history; and oh, it is the Liberals who have opposed Labor's effort to reduce company tax.

cisco
22-06-2012, 11:26 PM
Too much new rules and issue and bla bla,....
if the new rules stands on left side and Punting at the rigth side ,.....i will stand at the right side

the only thing will make me concern is..
If The government STOP the PRODUCTION of the CONDOM or STOP THE IMPORT OF THE CONDOM to this country
then i will headache, and at that time maybe i will use carry bag or plastic bag to be as a condom to go to punt

GWEILO
22-06-2012, 11:47 PM
Too much new rules and issue and bla bla,....
if the new rules stands on left side and Punting at the rigth side ,.....i will stand at the right side

the only thing will make me concern is..
If The government STOP the PRODUCTION of the CONDOM or STOP THE IMPORT OF THE CONDOM to this country
then i will headache, and at that time maybe i will use carry bag or plastic bag to be as a condom to go to punt

No idea what your on about here, the government has invested tens of millions of dollars on promoting safe sex and funding sex clinics. Free condoms can be found at most youth centres and sex clinics if you are interested.

GWEILO
23-06-2012, 12:00 AM
Lol, please do 5 minutes of internet research before posting 426 .. Howard/costello were responsible for 10 budget surpluses in 12 years .. Rudd/gillard have presided over 7 consecutive budget deficits (including the four largest deficits in australian history...)

Yes you are right brother Charlie123, Howard/Costello handed down a $50 billion dollar surplus and a now $90 billion dollar future fund that Labor is trying to get their hands on. The future fund is there to help pay the expenses of Australia's ageing population not build Julia Gillard school halls and put Pink Batts in roofs.

cisco
23-06-2012, 12:03 AM
Sorry ,i mean `` if ``,...
if no investment, ...etc

23-06-2012, 10:12 AM
GWEILO do a little research before you just parrot the Murdoch press, with its distortions and hate agenda. The future fund is for commonwealth public servant's super. Nothing more. Read the CSIRO reports on home installation and discover, much to your shock, that the pink batts scheme was an enormous success, in terms of electricity savings and productivity. Do your homework on financing and please understand that deficits and surplus refer to budgeting and not borrowing and lending. I don't want to pick a fight with you, but jeez mate, don't come here and repeat this tosh and expect to be taken seriously.

Charlie123
23-06-2012, 10:37 AM
The australian government finances debt by borrowing money. When the alp came to power there was no debt (budget was in surplus and there were cash reserves) ... Since then they have been responsible for a large number of consecutive budget deficits and the government has needed to borrow $100billion+ to cover the shortfall. gillard has forecast a very small budget surplus this year (it may or may not happen) but im pretty sure she will leave the difficult job of paying off the debt to the next coalition government

PhoBot
23-06-2012, 12:15 PM
WL's who fart a lot will have to pay a levy, so I imagine either their fee will go up, or offer less service for the same price.

23-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Charlie123, while some of what you write is correct, by failing to place it in context you are distorting history and, consequently, the current issues. I am sure you remember the US subprime housing issue and the 2007 collapse of various lending institutions that had leveraged themselves against these toxic loans. The subsequent withdrawal of capital from global markets precipitated something called the Global Financial Crisis. Suddenly, confidence in Western economies evaporated and there was a real danger of a depression. The response was to borrow to stimulate their economies. Economics is all about confidence. Capital, like people, respond to herd mentality. Once people think their is a problem, everyone rushes to the gates. This is precisely what happened in 2007 and governments had to respond in the only way they could - they borrowed more to stimulate spending. In Australia, because of its 15 years of financial reforms, we were in a particularly strong position but, nevertheless, we still needed to stimulate so panic would not set in. Our economy is totally integrated into global markets and we were in grave danger of slipping straight into recession. And despite the noise made by Gina Rinehart and Clive Palmer, our economy is still mainly a services economy, with mining making up less than 10% of GDP. It demonstrates just good this government has been that within five years it has been able to return the budget to surplus.

GWEILO
23-06-2012, 12:40 PM
GWEILO do a little research before you just parrot the Murdoch press, with its distortions and hate agenda. The future fund is for commonwealth public servant's super. Nothing more. Read the CSIRO reports on home installation and discover, much to your shock, that the pink batts scheme was an enormous success, in terms of electricity savings and productivity. Do your homework on financing and please understand that deficits and surplus refer to budgeting and not borrowing and lending. I don't want to pick a fight with you, but jeez mate, don't come here and repeat this tosh and expect to be taken seriously.

No research required, I know enough to know that CSIRO is supposedly an independent government agency but it can't be trusted when there is a government body overlooking their funding. Future Fund is for old people who just so happen to be under the employment of the government, there is nothing wrong with what I said. I'm no economist but I'm okay with my knowledge of money, the only way to fund something when you don't have enough money is to either write up government bonds or borrow money from institutions. With regards to the Julia Gillard school halls I think it's great that the children no longer have to line up in the sun for their morning assembly, skin cancer is a big problem in this country I believe but from what I read they were over priced and over budget.

23-06-2012, 01:12 PM
GWIELO, don't know why you are so down on the CSIRO. It has a good reputation and does some terrific work. WiFi came out of its research as did much of our understanding of multiplexing and laser technology. We wouldn't be having this discussion on this forum if the CSIRO had not been funded by taxpayers to do independent research.

But I take your point about expensive school halls. But the issue was getting an immediate stimulus to the building industry. Of course some contractors took advantage of this and ripped off the government. We don't live in an East German-type society where everything is about control The government did not have the resources, nor the inclination, to monitor every building project. Perhaps they should have, but at the time they didn't. The real shortcoming is the ranting by the shockjocks and Abbott. But listen to Hockey or Turnbull and they can't quite get themselves to distort the facts.

Boof, I don't think you understand the issue of carbon pricing. As I wrote earlier, even the liberals are committed to pricing carbon. It is not a revenue generator it is necessary to shift activity away from environmental degradation causing industry.

Travelmate
23-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Brother 426,
you can give more lecture about carbon tax to everyone.

Your speech is far beyond this topic - How do you think the carbon tax will affect your punting?

It is more about you telling other brothers you have more understanding about Australian tax and how Government works.
BUT IT IS FINE.

23-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Travelmate, I take your point. But it just irks me when people get hoodwinked by those with agendas. The fearmonging of the opposition is really not good. I'm a glass half filled sort of bloke but Abbott is very much a glass half empty bloke. Spread the love, I say.

Travelmate
23-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Travelmate, I take your point. But it just irks me when people get hoodwinked by those with agendas. The fearmonging of the opposition is really not good. I'm a glass half filled sort of bloke but Abbott is very much a glass half empty bloke. Spread the love, I say.

What is the difference of a glass being half filled or half empty!?!?!?

Back to the topic, how much is this affect your punting? 426?

wilisno
23-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Negative comments are always more popular than positive ones, anywhere ! Haha. And with the help of the media, they are invincible ! ;)

wilisno
23-06-2012, 02:49 PM
What is the difference of a glass being half filled or half empty!?!?!?

Back to the topic, how much is this affect your punting? 426?
The difference is optimism and pessimism.

Travelmate
23-06-2012, 02:52 PM
The difference is optimism and pessimism.

You are right, Wilisno.

I hope 426 can understand as well.

He sounds too negative to me.

wilisno
23-06-2012, 02:54 PM
You are right, Wilisno.

I hope 426 can understand as well.

He sounds too negative to me.
??? I thought he's the positive one !?!

23-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Thx Wilisno

Travelmate
23-06-2012, 03:21 PM
We can only wait and see, as I do not think we can change the rules by ourselves here

23-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Sorry Travelmate, I don't understand your meaning. All I've been saying is that the scare campaign on the pricing of carbon has been overblown. And that it is silly to fear an impact on punting.

belial
23-06-2012, 10:16 PM
I think politicians should fully legalise and deregulate the sex industry and provide incentives to introduce more competition into the market to bring down prices and increase supply.

Travelmate
23-06-2012, 11:38 PM
Sorry Travelmate, I don't understand your meaning. All I've been saying is that the scare campaign on the pricing of carbon has been overblown. And that it is silly to fear an impact on punting.

agree with you 426.
What I am saying is, I have no influence on any rules and regulations about any "Tax Law", I am sure I am paying the highest bracket already.
Forget this shit.!!

The only thing that I will advise everyone is "How to make more money???"
If you stay in this country, you follow the game rule!
Just focus on making more money will resolve lots of other issue!

belial
24-06-2012, 08:52 AM
You know now that I think of it, since the carbon tax money will be wasted in the market making derivatives and paying for government pork bills and public servants, it will probably increase the punting of certain individuals (the politicians, we all know they love a good punt)

I'm sure that money will flow like a river to the shops and WL in Canberra. We could even call it trickle down economics.

Travelmate
24-06-2012, 11:09 AM
You know now that I think of it, since the carbon tax money will be wasted in the market making derivatives and paying for government pork bills and public servants, it will probably increase the punting of certain individuals (the politicians, we all know they love a good punt)

I'm sure that money will flow like a river to the shops and WL in Canberra. We could even call it trickle down economics.

we can criticize this all day.
It doesn't help
I will focus on my girls and making more money!

Charlie123
24-06-2012, 11:17 AM
Arent some of the revenues from the carbon tax being given to low income families as cash hand-outs? Maybe this will cause more poor people to step up their punting

Travelmate
24-06-2012, 11:21 AM
Arent some of the revenues from the carbon tax being given to low income families as cash hand-outs? Maybe this will cause more poor people to step up their punting

agree!! 100%

Sergaent Brody
24-06-2012, 02:37 PM
Fuck I thought this was a sex forum not a liberal party discussion group ...

Bracket
25-06-2012, 12:59 PM
To the OP : congratulations CommanderM on a truly masterful troll! You must be delighted with the hornets' nest you've poked a stick into!

I'm surprised though that no-one has said they will be punting more with the extra compensation that they're getting. Thankyou, Julia!

Travelmate
25-06-2012, 01:04 PM
To me, this is fuck all.
I do not care.

As long as I can generate enough disposable income and cash in my pocket.
We can punt whenever, wherever we like.

GWEILO
25-06-2012, 03:32 PM
I don't think the carbon tax will affect my punting at all to answer the threads question but I do think the carbon tax is bullshit when China can out pollute us with their dirty coal power stations, end of story. Carbon tax will make this country extremely expensive to do business for the exporters and farmers, they already struggle with drought and the high Australian dollar.