PDA

View Full Version : Lets help the Admin with old post

paulc
14-03-2012, 05:44 PM
hey all bros,
lets help admin with the old after report.we all member's should post our recent after report again from old forum in new forum(old one as well if wl active n popular ),as admin said there is no system developed by vBulletin to migrate old data to new forum .as this software is not open source,i guess no one could help out with data transfer as well. so lets help admin n also new members.

Niceman 123
14-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Bro., if Admin cannot do the data transfer from the old site to the new site manually by recruiting part time helpers, the best thing to do is to switch back to the old site until the technical people of the software company selling him the new forum can find a solution for the data migration. I have heard that a lot of members and shop owners like the old site better than the new site and I think the hit rate will slow down if they don't do the job themselves and relying on members to do.

Jj999
14-03-2012, 06:06 PM
We just need time to get used to the new forum bro.

This forum, for me, is much better looking. However, it's true, admin have some work to do..

paulc
14-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Bro., if Admin cannot do the data transfer from the old site to the new site manually by recruiting part time helpers, the best thing to do is to switch back to the old site until the technical people of the software company selling him the new forum can find a solution for the data migration. I have heard that a lot of members and shop owners like the old site better than the new site and I think the hit rate will slow down if they don't do the job themselves and relying on members to do.

haha fair enough but i am sure if they change some feature in this forum it will be better.the old one was good in-terms of design.simple but i guess that forum has lots of bugs and security wasn't that good as this one.lets see how it goes.

AHLUNGOR
14-03-2012, 06:41 PM
hey all bros,
lets help admin with the old after report.we all member's should post our recent after report again from old forum in new forum(old one as well if wl active n popular ),as admin said there is no system developed by vBulletin to migrate old data to new forum .as this software is not open source,i guess no one could help out with data transfer as well. so lets help admin n also new members.

Haha, Brother Paul,

Well said mate, I have already reposted most of my beloved threads and did it on my own back to bring the "Newtown Massage" across as well, so if everyone just chip in a little bit then most of the treasures will be retained.............C'mon guys!!

Cheers

wilisno
14-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Most people will accept new technology overtime, hit count would be slow when new, but it will come back sooner or later, if not bigger and better.

I can't say I like the new forum better yet, but now that we're here, we might as well make it better for all to enjoy, because complaints won't change anything.

bronze
14-03-2012, 10:43 PM
i think everyone is over reacting. we should embrace the new forum. its quicker and looks much more organised and clean. i like how the threads have shop names highlighted in the heading. this gives advertisers exposure and also helps with searches. well done admin!!

everyone complained about getting timed out on the old forum, so heres a quicker and slicker forum. if all the old threads cant get ported over then so be it. who really looks past the first page of threads. all the other previous threads/posts becomes irrelevant over time and deserves to be where it is now, "archived".

so instead of complaining, just restart threads and help populate this new forum and within a month it will be back as usual again.

i like this new forum

well done admin

wilisno
14-03-2012, 11:06 PM
The mobile version is heaps faster.

Administrator
14-03-2012, 11:26 PM
still in progress of finding the way to do migration.
Please pm me the most populate / most wanted threads you guys wanna move over.

send the the URL

worse case, i will do copy manually myself.

AHLUNGOR
15-03-2012, 08:30 AM
I wish you would have said this a day earlier!!

Now that you are offering, bring over the 143 Marrvickville ok

Cant do the link on iphone

Cheers

Niceman 123
15-03-2012, 09:22 AM

send the the URL

Good on you Admin, you are taking heed of my suggestions which are actually very constructive feedback to preserve the popularity of your website.

AHLUNGOR
15-03-2012, 09:42 AM
I wish you would have said this a day earlier!!

Now that you are offering, bring over the 143 Marrvickville ok

Cant do the link on iphone

Cheers

Hi Brother Admin,

And here is the Marrickville link:

http://forum.aus99.com.au/cgi/forum/Blah.pl?m-857/

This thread has got 85 pages, 151,315 views and 1,267 replies, so I think it's second only to Newtown.

It's will be great if you can do it.

Thanks

Cheers

Niceman 123
15-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Admin, do it for all my ARs for the last four weeks please.

punther
15-03-2012, 03:12 PM
The new site layout is powered by vBulletin, very forum standard (a lot of forums use it) and more user friendly in my opinion. The old site was a bit confusing for new users. I guess like anything, it would take time for bro punters to get used to it.
By the way, what was the original reason for the forum change?

Niceman 123
15-03-2012, 06:17 PM
The new and the old forums/sites are just platforms for users/members to post. No matter how fancy and colorful as well as functions enrichment the new forum is, without the precious data migration/transfer from the old form/site, the new forum is hollow and shallow.

I know Admin is doing something to address the data migration/transfer problem and hope they will find a solution or do it manually bit by bit. Though a manual data transfer/migration is time consuming and tedious, it is worthwhile to keep the hit rate before the transition to the new forum/site

IExperiment
16-03-2012, 02:38 AM

send the the URL

Hey admin I did not realize you posted over 10,000 post while I was gone for over a week :) and now you have 8 star :)

IExperiment
16-03-2012, 02:41 AM
Anyway I started to like this new site as it is faster than the old one. So my Avatar is another type of what it looks like a beautiful pussy :)

wilisno
16-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Anyway I started to like this new site as it is faster than the old one. So my Avatar is another type of what it looks like a beautiful pussy :)

It doesn't accept my avatar yet ! :( Otherwise it's definitely a better site, just got to explore more thoroughly !

AHLUNGOR
16-03-2012, 10:09 AM
It doesn't accept my avatar yet ! :( Otherwise it's definitely a better site, just got to explore more thoroughly !

Strange Brother Wil,

My Kimiko has been up from day one and I saw most members are working too!!

Keep trying,

Love to see Ella gracing the pages again, or would that be someone new?............haha

Cheers

wilisno
16-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Strange Brother Wil,

My Kimiko has been up from day one and I saw most members are working too!!

Keep trying,

Love to see Ella gracing the pages again, or would that be someone new?............haha

Cheers

I still love Elly, I'm a one-woman man ! ;) ;) ;)