PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Rule to avoid conflict

Aus99 Moderator
17-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Dear members,

Different opinions are always welcome, and we encourage more members to contribute in posting their interesting experiences.

But to avoid turning the forum into a verbal battle ground, because there are always for's and against's in any issues, please refrain from criticizing the authors of the reports. If you find something about a report that is contrary to your experience, write your own report to that effect without attacking the individuals and creating unrest on the forum.

To ensure the forum remains a happy place to spend time in, from now on, posts containing personal attacks to the writers will be deleted without further notice.

Charlie123
17-07-2012, 09:41 PM
I agree - personal attacks on the author of a thread are poor form... although tbh i rarely see that happen around here...

I disagree on another point tho - if someone reads something they dont like or have a different opinion on, i reckon they should outline their point of view in the same thread rather than starting another ... Ad hominem attacks are one thing, but surely we can all deal with disagreements on ideas and opinions without the need for moderator intervention

Aus99 Moderator
17-07-2012, 09:48 PM
I agree - personal attacks on the author of a thread are poor form... although tbh i rarely see that happen around here...

I disagree on another point tho - if someone reads something they dont like or have a different opinion on, i reckon they should outline their point of view in the same thread rather than starting another ... Ad hominem attacks are one thing, but surely we can all deal with disagreements on ideas and opinions without the need for moderator intervention

Not referring to opinions on general matters, but attacks on authors of After Reports.

Charlie123
17-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Well, you say, 'if you find something about a report that is contrary to your own experience, write your own report...'

With all due respect to you, i think thats a dumb suggestion. People should be free to disagree with each others opinions and points of view.

wilisno
17-07-2012, 10:05 PM
Well, you say, 'if you find something about a report that is contrary to your own experience, write your own report...'

With all due respect to you, i think thats a dumb suggestion. People should be free to disagree with each others opinions and points of view.

The objective is to avoid conflict, Bro. You can disagree with someone all you want, but you can't criticize someone saying he's telling lies ! Especially when a girl treat him differently, that's not the authors's fault. So please abide by the rule !

It's a good rule especially for writers like me, as we write so many reports, some of them are bound to be different than what you would experience, because it's dealing with two individual human beings, and to be accused of cheating is simply outrageous, hope people can have more common sense than that !

Charlie123
20-07-2012, 07:52 PM
Ok wilisno, point taken.

CommanderM
20-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Theres a polite way of saying something and a polite way of saying you had a different experience.

can start by Sorry bro but she did not do that for me. etc

no need to involve personal feelings and swearing in to that.

Charlie123
21-07-2012, 01:29 AM
Haha, even wilisno lashes out on occassion when someone disagrees with his opinion

In any case, i think disagreements between members about opinions and points of view is a good thing, but name calling and personal attacks just add fuel to confict and should always be avoided.

wilisno
21-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Haha, even wilisno lashes out on occassion when someone disagrees with his opinion

In any case, i think disagreements between members about opinions and points of view is a good thing, but name calling and personal attacks just add fuel to confict and should always be avoided.

I don't mind different opinion, but if the purpose of that opinion was to have a go at me, then of course I would have to defend myself.

Like if one posts his experience totally different than mine, that's OK, I can't control what the girl does to him. But if he said I was misleading, of course I would get upset !

belial
09-01-2013, 12:26 PM
To ensure the forum remains a happy place to spend time in, from now on, posts containing personal attacks to the writers will be deleted without further notice.

Ok

http://cdn2.holytaco.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/133.jpg

porkar
23-02-2013, 11:10 AM
The message I get from Admin here is to question the opinion not to attack the writer personally. Although I did the enjoy some of the banter between members and the "Garenji files" - I wonder where he went.

8inches
23-02-2013, 10:18 PM
The message I get from Admin here is to question the opinion not to attack the writer personally. Although I did the enjoy some of the banter between members and the "Garenji files" - I wonder where he went.

the same place longtime, hound, small potato, taoistmasterbator, sumosmurf76, sharky and leeking ended up

porkar
31-03-2013, 07:18 PM
the same place longtime, hound, small potato, taoistmasterbator, sumosmurf76, sharky and leeking ended up

And it seems, so did 8inches. :smile:

jellyshots
24-04-2013, 05:02 PM
Along with Bomb, who I do feel sorry for. Like you feel sorry for a snail before you step on it...

haroon132
06-08-2018, 07:50 PM
Thanks for letting us know I am new to the forum so browsing through all the rules

syd_pete79
14-11-2018, 08:53 PM
Thanks for letting us know I am new to the forum so browsing through all the rules

Ditto, I've seen some horrible sh|tfights on forums, good to see this is being kept friendly :)

Administrator
06-06-2021, 07:02 PM
Thanks for support

Administrator
06-06-2021, 09:49 PM
test again number 3

Administrator
08-06-2021, 05:31 PM
Test again number 4

Administrator
09-06-2021, 09:37 PM
Thx a lot