PDA

View Full Version : Go Back to Where You Came From!

mannykay
29-08-2012, 12:26 AM
Anybody catch it on SBS just now?

Thoughts? Opinions?

Charlie123
29-08-2012, 12:34 AM
Is that the one where a woman with a face that looked like a cats ass says it served the asylum seeker right when they drowned because their boat sunk? I never saw it but the ad was hilarious

Travelmate
29-08-2012, 12:39 AM
i am not interested.
I am doing my analyse to make more punting money

AHLUNGOR
29-08-2012, 01:37 AM
Anybody catch it on SBS just now?

Thoughts? Opinions?

The only name that interedted me is Imogen Bailey! Think Lara Bingle in 10/15 yr time. She used to be one hot babe!

http://www.wallpaperextreme.com/Celebrities/Imogen-Bailey/Imogen-Bailey-7.JPG

mannykay
29-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Yes Imogen Bailey is such a babe isn't she! I remember in high school all the guys were gawking at her on Zoo magazine. She's not as airheaded as she seems. Peter Riech, Angry Anderson and Michael Smith are right-wing rednecks who can't face the reality even when it's literally right in front of their face. It's infuriating that these people can't look beyond their own comfort to reach out to those who live in constant fear. It's men like that who make me ashamed to be Australian sometimes.

Charlie123
29-08-2012, 08:41 PM
SBS loves portraying the average australian as a beer swilling rascist idiot, and yeh sure some people are but i think most aren't

Australia has one of the largest immigration intake schemes in the world (assessed per capita) and it has been increasing steadily every year (including under the howard government). There is bipartisan support for this program between all parties and the public overwhelmingly supports it as well. Multiculturalism has been good for this country and people know it.

But yes, the austalian community doesnt have much time for asylum seekers that travel for many months, and across many countries, in order to establish themselves in this country. I reckon this attitude has got a lot to do with the australian notion of a fair go, and an inherent civility and respect for rules.

Anyway, personally I wouldnt go so far as to suggest that asylum seeker boats should be intercepted and toed back to indonesia, but i certainly do support offshore processing arrangements in principle, and an end to permanent protection visas and of australia participation in the UNHCR.

Controversial statements maybe, but just my 2c

mannykay
30-08-2012, 12:05 AM
I was going to type a reply, neither to retort, agree or disagree but then I realised that I may open up a can of worms. I shouldn't have raised a political discussion in a forum about punting!

Please consider this thread closed. Thank you.

Out/