PDA

View Full Version : Child Forum!? WTF

mannykay
15-09-2012, 06:34 PM
Click on 'Search forum' and do a search. The search information caption should say "generaltalk/after report and child forums"
What the feck is up with that!? Who the heck is looking for kids?

Update: Cleared up.

Licker
15-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Click on 'Search forum' and do a search. The search information caption should say "generaltalk/after report and child forums"
What the feck is up with that!? Who the heck is looking for kids?

LMAO :burn:

cisco
15-09-2012, 06:58 PM
I dont know either ,..ha ha ha

Booster
15-09-2012, 11:03 PM
The term 'child' refers to the subforums in that forum. So the top forum is the parent and any subforum is a child. Same as folders and subfolders on your computer.
Are you just trolling?

diamond
15-09-2012, 11:13 PM
My best guess would be it may have something to do with the children of WL ? Impact and experiences and / or advice about... LMAO ok i really cant think of anything that makes real sense why. Though one thing does come to mind as a programmer, it may be a planned descendant model of the forum structure that might have been build for some feature. Its child design based on this forum? I once named a temporary object "gay_shit_01 during design phase and actually had forgot to re name it and it made it through to the release version. Months later the company that i had made it for sent an official complaint to my boss lol. It may be developer lingo that got through QA.

Otherwise, dafuq !?!?

Licker
16-09-2012, 12:28 AM
it may be a planned descendant model of the forum structure

But of course it is exactly that.

Every relational data model has a parent/child structure.
Syd99 (Parent)
- Sydney - General talk (Child to Syd99 - Parent to anything under it)
- All posts under General Talk (Child to General talk)

Nothing what so ever to do with children.

mannykay
16-09-2012, 12:39 AM
But of course it is exactly that.

Every relational data model has a parent/child structure.
Syd99 (Parent)
- Sydney - General talk (Child to Syd99 - Parent to anything under it)
- All posts under General Talk (Child to General talk)

Nothing what so ever to do with children.

Thanks for clearing that up! I have no background or knowledge of data models. I know parent folders but never ran into a 'child' reference before.

Are you just trolling?

Guy with 1 post calls me a troll. Laugh out loud.

mannykay
16-09-2012, 12:43 AM
My best guess would be it may have something to do with the children of WL ? Impact and experiences and / or advice about... LMAO ok i really cant think of anything that makes real sense why. Though one thing does come to mind as a programmer, it may be a planned descendant model of the forum structure that might have been build for some feature. Its child design based on this forum? I once named a temporary object "gay_shit_01 during design phase and actually had forgot to re name it and it made it through to the release version. Months later the company that i had made it for sent an official complaint to my boss lol. It may be developer lingo that got through QA.

Otherwise, dafuq !?!?

Hahaha I do that all the time too. Especially when I have to name my assessments, I just name it 'FUCKKKKKK YOUUUUU UNIII.pdf' and i bring it to the print shop and get strange looks. lol

freshjive
17-09-2012, 11:12 PM
Hahaha I do that all the time too. Especially when I have to name my
assessments, I just name it 'FUCKKKKKK YOUUUUU UNIII.pdf' and i bring it to the print shop and get strange looks. lol

LOL...Why go to Uni if you hate doing assesment??!!

TheTiger
18-09-2012, 05:21 PM
It actually means a "sub-forum".

CommanderM
19-09-2012, 01:20 AM
is there such thing as a grandfather forum then?

Flyerr221
19-09-2012, 09:54 AM
Stupid thread.

#1stprize2012

mannykay
20-09-2012, 12:52 AM
And I'm sure you're a beacon of knowledge Mr. Flyerr221.
I nominate you Pompous Dick #1stprize2012.