PDA

View Full Version : Seperate Roster subforum

Booster
02-10-2012, 07:04 AM
This mainly applies to the Sydney General Talk forum, at the top of the page there are all the shops rosters (as stickys).

And as each roster is updated this is bounced to the top of the section.
However there are many shops (basically all the ones at the bottom), that hardly ever update their roster.

This is a waste of space and there should be a Sydney roster subforum.
If you want to look at the latest postings, you need to scroll past all the rosters.
Another reason for a subforum, is that the shops don't really want people replying to their roster anyway.

Your thoughts?

Cheers,
BOOSTER

wilisno
02-10-2012, 12:35 PM
I agree on this !

Sydney Sin
03-10-2012, 05:25 AM
I agree. Everytime i view the sydney general talk. I always click on page 2 first because all of page 1 is rosters. Kinda annoying

Booster
03-10-2012, 09:55 AM
As with my OP I also think that if shops advertise a new girl, that should also be in that subforum. Whilst I appreciate the efforts of the shops, they are more advertorial rather than " general talk ".

Cheers,
BOOSTER

wilisno
03-10-2012, 07:39 PM
As with my OP I also think that if shops advertise a new girl, that should also be in that subforum. Whilst I appreciate the efforts of the shops, they are more advertorial rather than " general talk ".

Cheers,
BOOSTER
That I don't agree ! Roster section is a designated area, people go there only to seek roster information. If advertisements were posted there, they wouldn't produce the desired effect.

Booster
09-10-2012, 06:47 AM
Well, since no one else has commented, I guess people don't really care.

I guess my main problem with advertising a new girl is when the shops continuously promote the girls, so there are a lot of threads about girls from particular shops being bumped to the top of the list.
I don't consider those posts as general talk, although within the guidelines, this is where they should exist.

TheTiger
29-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Actually Booster, I really care about this.

It annoys me also that shop owners bump my AR's to the top of the list. For a while I was getting notifications about the topic every day. When I logged in I discovered it was the shop owner cutting and pasting my AR as a new message to bump the topic to the top of the list. I've since stopped visiting that shop and no longer do AR's for girls from that shop. I also deleted my original AR and replaced it with a blunt message about the thread being misused.

Littlewonder
19-11-2012, 10:09 PM
I think the shops should be allowed to advertise new girls and post there rosters but any posts by shop owners or their representatives should be in a separate section could be the same one that has been set up for rosters or a new section all together, After reports section should be reserved for punters only, no shops or their representatives.

kumichou
21-11-2012, 08:40 PM
I pretty much agree with Littlewonder. Leave the AR section for punters. Rosters now have their subforum. I don't mind if a shop is advertising new girls or girls returning from a break in the General Talk area. I do mind when they advertise existing girls for the day, I would prefer if they didn't post that as it clogs the first page of General Talk.

kickass
29-11-2012, 01:01 PM
I pretty much agree with Littlewonder. Leave the AR section for punters. Rosters now have their subforum. I don't mind if a shop is advertising new girls or girls returning from a break in the General Talk area. I do mind when they advertise existing girls for the day, I would prefer if they didn't post that as it clogs the first page of General Talk.

I just wrote a Kick Ass program to solve the problem ... try running this code ...

ErrorHandler:

IF Roster section = Rosters AND General Talk section = General Talk

THEN

After Report section = After Reports
GOTO EndError

ELSE

Punter = Pissed off
GOTO ErrorHandler

ENDIF

EndError:

It will probably work !!!