PDA

View Full Version : At this particular point, the old forum is still more popular then the new one!!

AHLUNGOR
22-03-2012, 02:50 PM
As there were no data migration from the old forum (apart from a few threads and AR manually moved across by some members), everytime I need to find or check something, I have to log back on to the old forum to find it.

Just then at 2.40pm, when I was at the old forum, there were 56 users on line, 13 members and 43 guests, and back on the new forum, there were only 48 users on line, 9 members and 39 guests.........enough said.

I suppose if the Admin can keep maintaining the old site, you can at least keep all the existing members and guests happy.

So, please DO NOT STOP hosting the old site, keep that going for the sake of all the treasures still out there and all the personal PM's that are in storage folders. And hopefully one day (in 6 to 12 months time may be) when the numbers of new threads really grow here, or when there is a way to migrate all the data across here then you can consider what to do with the old forum.

Why not just keep that site going as a linked archives for this site so that you don't loss anything. Please consider.

Cheers

newbie111
22-03-2012, 04:20 PM
and old one doesnt have stupid bot spammers.

dannyboy
22-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Whats the go, are people still posting on the old site, maybe admin should have made a post directing everyone over to the new forum..

AHLUNGOR
22-03-2012, 04:51 PM
and old one doesnt have stupid bot spammers.

Where the bloody hell is the Admin brother,

I PM him all the links for all the current spams and no action yet,

Wakie Wakie

Niceman 123
22-03-2012, 06:02 PM
Bro. AHLungor, you are spot on. That's what I said in numerous occasions under various threads that the new forum/site is not yet ready to go on live though a few brothers keep on challenging me. The facts todate speak for themselves.

I can see that my ARs on the some of the Japanese girls, Chinese girls and Korean girls are reaching 3400/2500, 1000 and 700 viewers respectively under the old forum/site at a much much faster rate than my ARs in the new forum though there are still over 720 or 460 viewers. This indicate to me that the Old Forum is still much more popular than the New Forum.

You and me have both received a PM from a trusted and popular brother who has decided to quit this website citing one of the reasons being the New Forum is not as popular as the Old Forum. I can see that if this situation continues, the hit rate will be significantly affected and ultimately the website owner is the one to suffer with less advertising fees from shops/agencies.

I hope they will seriously consider the data migration/transfer problem or if this cannot be resolved at the moment, put the New Forum implementation in abeyance until a solution is found and switch back to the Old Forum for the time being.

newbie111
22-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Admin why not just put up a notice on the front of the old forum to direct everyone to this new forum?

Niceman 123
22-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Admin why not just put up a notice on the front of the old forum to direct everyone to this new forum?

Viewers are going to the Old Forum to get information for girls and shops. Directing everyone to the New Forum will not solve the problem, bro.

newbie111
22-03-2012, 06:37 PM
Well since the old forum act as archive anyway... i dont think we can post there anymore?
So if anyone want much more updated reviews and info they still gotta visit here.

dannyboy
22-03-2012, 06:48 PM
There should still be a post letting Bro's know that a new forum exits, its just ridiculous

wilisno
22-03-2012, 08:00 PM
I don't think Admin had said the old forum will disappear soon, of course people will go back to get informations, that's why it's still there, but if someone wants to post, there's no reason they don't want to post on the new site, that sounds ludicrous ! ;) ;) ;)

The number of contributors on the new forum is basically unchanged, all the frequent posters are here already, so if someone said he'll quit citing this new site is unpopular, I don't think Admin will try to stop him ! ;) ;) ;) Including you Niceman 123 !

ethicks
22-03-2012, 08:24 PM
There should still be a post letting Bro's know that a new forum exits, its just ridiculous

there is... its stickied in almost every section on the old forums

People will still go to the old forum to find info or do searches because there's simply more history. It was unfortunate that they didnt migrate the whole DB including threads but oh well.

wilisno
22-03-2012, 08:27 PM
there is... its stickied in almost every section on the old forums

People will still go to the old forum to find info or do searches because there's simply more history. It was unfortunate that they didnt migrate the whole DB including threads but oh well.

That's the spirit ! The old family house carries a lot of sweet memories, but it doesn't mean one should not move to a bigger and better mansion if one can afford it !

woraix
22-03-2012, 08:32 PM
The accessibility for all member to the old forum database is very good. Obviously it takes time for the new forum to build up a good database for after reports.

Niceman 123
22-03-2012, 08:32 PM
The one who has quitted this website is in fact a frequent and famous contributor with a lot of excellent ARs and postings. He doesn't threaten he will quit but he has in fact quitted giving a farewell PMs to his buddies (not including Willsno, of course) but including me, AHLungor, Paulc, and Mr Crash.

I believe there are still many more brothers who want me to stay and only a limited few brothers who want me to quit and so I will not quit.

I usually don't do things to please a few limited persons. Haha !!!!

Thumper
22-03-2012, 08:35 PM
migrate the old data = one new forum phoenix like + happy punters

wilisno
22-03-2012, 08:35 PM
The one who has quitted this website is in fact a frequent and famous contributor with a lot of excellent ARs and postings. He doesn't threaten he will quit but he has in fact quitted giving a farewell PMs to his buddies (not including Willsno, of course) but including me, AHLungor, Paulc, and Mr Crash.

I believe there are still many more brothers who want me to stay and only a limited few brothers who want me to quit and so I will not quit.

I usually don't do things to please a few limited persons. Haha !!!!

That's what I mean, we're here so we're here to make this work, whinging won't help the course, and nobody will stop anyone who wants to quit for whatever reason, including you !

Niceman 123
22-03-2012, 08:41 PM
That's what I mean, we're here so we're here to make this work, whinging won't help the course, and nobody will stop anyone who wants to quit for whatever reason, including you !

Bro., what I want to do is to give pressure to Admin to do something to address the data transfer/migration problem and maybe a few other things. Where there is a will, there is a way. I am not whinging but giving pressure to the one having the responsibilities to act and acting will benefit him/the owner of this website financially.

I don't believe the problems cannot be addressed. I am sure it can be addressed even tediously through manual efforts (manual data transfer/migration is totally possible).

If Admin cannot fix the problem, they have to go back to the Old site or keep the Old site for a very long long period beyond their imaginations.

Niceman 123
22-03-2012, 08:43 PM
migrate the old data = one new forum phoenix like + happy punters

Totally agreed, bro.

wilisno
22-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Bro., what I want to do is to give pressure to Admin to do something to address the data transfer/migration problem and maybe a few other things. Where there is a will, there is a way. I am not whinging but giving pressure to the one having the responsibilities to act and acting will benefit him/the owner of this website financially.

I don't believe the problems cannot be addressed. I am sure it can be addressed even tediously through manual efforts (manual data transfer/migration is totally possible).

If Admin cannot fix the problem, they have to go back to the Old site or keep the Old site for a very long long period beyond their imaginations.

There's no problem to be addressed ! All you need is one click to get back to the old site for informations, you still have to click if the informations were here !

abacab
22-03-2012, 08:59 PM
admin could certainly help by migrating old data, and by keeping to a strict timeline for shutting down the old forum. I still don't like the look and feel of the new site as much, but we are here because it has a better technical backend. So let's all keep this wonderful forum going - the value it adds to my punting life is immense

wilisno
22-03-2012, 09:01 PM
admin could certainly help by migrating old data, and by keeping to a strict timeline for shutting down the old forum. I still don't like the look and feel of the new site as much, but we are here because it has a better technical backend. So let's all keep this wonderful forum going - the value it adds to my punting life is immense

That's the right attitude, bro ! And I don't think Admin had set a timeline to shut down the old site.

Niceman 123
22-03-2012, 09:22 PM
There's no problem to be addressed ! All you need is one click to get back to the old site for informations, you still have to click if the informations were here !

Sorry bro., but members and visitors (not including yourself I know) do not like to switch back and forth different sites. This is one of the reason why the old site is attracting more viewers than the new site. This is a fact and I know you don't have a problem but others may not share your view. This site does need more viewers whether they are dumb or lazy as me or not. The owner of this site makes money because of the number of viewers not how intelligent or diligent they are in switching the sites. This is what I call user-friendly.

Niceman 123
22-03-2012, 09:25 PM
That's the right attitude, bro ! And I don't think Admin had set a timeline to shut down the old site.

Are you implying that Admin will keep the old site for as long as there are viewers for the old site ? If that's the case, I can tell you that they have to keep it for at least a year and the efforts to maintain the old site for a year does not justify their non-actions on the data transfer/migration through manual process.

wilisno
22-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Sorry bro., but members and visitors (not including yourself I know) do not like to switch back and forth different sites. This is one of the reason why the old site is attracting more viewers than the new site. This is a fact and I know you don't have a problem but others may not share your view. This site does need more viewers whether they are dumb or lazy as me or not. The owner of this site makes money because of the number of viewers not how intelligent or diligent they are in switching the sites. This is what I call user-friendly.

You don't represent the majority although you think you do, the fact is the number of viewers is increasing everyday, sooner or later it will just be the same. One simple fact is, My Report for Ella at 5* already has close to 400 views within the first 24 hours, which is about average on the old site, it proves that there's no difference in the number of visitors between the old site and the new site. The only difference is visitors stay on for shorter time because of they have finished reading available materials. They will stay on longer in the future as more materials keep building up. In short, there no difference in visitor turnover per day !

Niceman 123
22-03-2012, 09:53 PM
You don't represent the majority although you think you do, the fact is the number of viewers is increasing everyday, sooner or later it will just be the same. One simple fact is, My Report for Ella at 5* already has close to 400 views, which is about average on the old site, it proves that there's no difference in the number of visitors between the old site and the new site. The only difference is visitors stay on for shorter time because of they have finished reading available materials. They will stay on longer in the future as more materials keep building up. In short, there no difference in visitor turnover per day !

I don't think you represent the majority views either. And how do you address the problem of searching for reports now that the searching function under the old site is defunct ?, I presume that the data transfer/migration will not be done if your view is accepted by Admin. but I believe Admin will know you do not represent majority views as well.

We think we both represent majority views but we are both wrong, I guess. There appears more brothers posting negative opinions on the new forum than positive views if you can count and read.

wilisno
22-03-2012, 10:15 PM
I don't think you represent the majority views either. And how do you address the problem of searching for reports now that the searching function under the old site is defunct ?, I presume that the data transfer/migration will not be done if your view is accepted by Admin. but I believe Admin will know you do not represent majority views as well.

We think we both represent majority views but we are both wrong, I guess. There appears more brothers posting negative opinions on the new forum than positive views if you can count and read.

If you've been here long enough, you should know negative comments always outnumbered positive ones, because negatives comments are always more verbal while positive ones tend to keep watching.

As the simple fact I have pointed out, there's no loss of viewers to any reports, so it's already as popular as before with or without you talking it down.

I never said I represent the majority, but you always do imply you do :

By the way, Admin never said the old site will be shut within one year !

Niceman 123
22-03-2012, 10:20 PM

Where do you find I always imply I represent the majority views ? Don't just take your prejudice against me to other members and visitors. It doesn't depend whether a user/member is here long or not long enough. It's what we say and what we can contribute to make this website better that counts.

Admin hasn't done its part in this upgrade exercise and whether you like it or not, I have to say what I believe. I hope this is not the majority view and I do not say that what I said here represents majority view.

Good luck to us all.

wilisno
22-03-2012, 10:32 PM

Where do you find I always imply I represent the majority views ? Don't just take your prejudice against me to other members and visitors. It doesn't depend whether a user/member is here long or not long enough. It's what we say and what we can contribute to make this website better that counts.

Admin hasn't done its part in this upgrade exercise and whether you like it or not, I have to say what I believe. I hope this is not the majority view and I do not say that what I said here represents majority view.

Good luck to us all.

You're finally right on this, this is not the majority view, because the site is already as popular as before. You're also right that what one says and contributes to make this site better, not constantly trying to talk it down.

Niceman 123
22-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Telling what one believes is not similar to talking it down. There are more viewers now because we are at war and so Admin has to thank you and me for the sudden increase in hit rate.

Lets wait and see who is right or wrong. Haha !!!

wilisno
22-03-2012, 10:45 PM
Telling what one believes is not similar to talking it down. There are more viewers now because we are at war and so Admin has to thank you and me for the sudden increase in hit rate.

Lets wait and see who is right or wrong. Haha !!!

Yep, let's see. If we're at war can be beneficial to the site, why not.

And viewers can't turn up from thin air because we're at war, that's another proof that members have migrated contrary to what you believe !

Jj999
22-03-2012, 11:39 PM
You know, maybe it's only me that's is not really good with technology.

But I can't find function to delete a posted reply. Just in case I change my mind about what can I say and I can't. :smile:

Sometimes I mistakenly said something that shouldn't be known by the public.

But overall, this new forum is better. The old site is too old fashioned.

wilisno
22-03-2012, 11:43 PM
You know, maybe it's only me that's is not really good with technology.

But I can't find function to delete a posted reply. Just in case I change my mind about what can I say and I can't. :smile:

Sometimes I mistakenly said something that shouldn't be known by the public.

But overall, this new forum is better. The old site is too old fashioned.

Admin said there's no delete button yet, you have to ask them by pm to delete it for you. But this should be changed, there's no reason why one can't delete his own post !

Jj999
22-03-2012, 11:52 PM
Admin said there's no delete button yet, you have to ask them by pm to delete it for you. But this should be changed, there's no reason why one can't delete his own post !

Well, lucky I haven't mistakenly said some undisclosed information yet.
I might be charged with insider trading. :shout:

I have to be real careful with what I type until there is a delete button! :smile:

wilisno
22-03-2012, 11:56 PM
Well, lucky I haven't mistakenly said some undisclosed information yet.
I might be charged with insider trading. :shout:

I have to be real careful with what I type until there is a delete button! :smile:

You can edit and delete the content of your post, but you can't remove the post !

Jj999
23-03-2012, 12:01 AM
You can edit and delete the content of your post, but you can't remove the post !

Oh yeah, it's true. But not fast enough when the forum traffic is on peak time. Someone might have seen it.

Because there is minimum amount of characters you can have in the post if you want to edit it. I think you can't just delete all.
And that's a real problem, if the post is short! Not fast enough. :smile:

But that's fine. Just need to be more careful.

bronze
23-03-2012, 12:02 AM

well said wil.
all these other people are still running ibm486 and windows 3.11 and playing pacman on their commodore 64
the forum was obviously upgraded for technological advances.
all the old posts and after reports are irrelevant after a few months and belongs in the archives. so admin keeping the old forum alive is sufficient for now. and soon all those old posts are cyber junk to

wilisno
23-03-2012, 12:03 AM
Oh yeah, it's true. But not fast enough when the forum traffic is on peak time. Someone might have seen it.

Because there is minimum amount of characters you can have in the post if you want to edit it. I think you can't just delete all.
And that's a real problem, if the post is short! Not fast enough. :smile:

But that's fine. Just need to be more careful.

Well, delete all and write something else ! That's what I did !

wilisno
23-03-2012, 12:34 AM
well said wil.
all these other people are still running ibm486 and windows 3.11 and playing pacman on their commodore 64
all the old posts and after reports are irrelevant after a few months and belongs in the archives. so admin keeping the old forum alive is sufficient for now. and soon all those old posts are cyber junk to

Haha, good on you bro, you're one of the few that will voice positive comments although most can see things with a clear head !

Niceman 123
23-03-2012, 08:55 AM
Your "most" is obviously different to my "most" but I think brothers and visitors who read all the postings in this thread will definitely have a clear head as to how good and user-friendly this New Forum are !!!!

AHLUNGOR
23-03-2012, 08:59 AM
That's the spirit ! The old family house carries a lot of sweet memories, but it doesn't mean one should not move to a bigger and better mansion if one can afford it !

Well, well, well, I started this thread yesterday stating a fact, I wake up this morning and there were replies galore, isn't that great? May be people are not only interested in BBFS.....haha

Still on the train to work so I have to read everything backwards. Everyone got a point and Bro Wil the strongest supporter to the new site is again no surprise, I like the new bigger and better mansion too!! What you said in the quote above is so true and we have to move on.

The only trouble is , when we moved, we left all the valuables and memories behind!! All the family albums (adult photos), old letters (posts), family DVD (adult videos) and lots of great memories were all left behind......:question:

It wasn't a move, it was an evacuation!!

And Bro Wil managed to rescue all his beloved 5 star posts, yours truly here gave Snow Lotus a new life it deserves in the new home, and I even went back inside the abandoned house to carry out bit by bit the Newtown Massage because its the family members' all time favourite and the oldest and most valuable treasure. But what about the rest of the 99.5% of the good stuff?

We have now moved after a few weeks and people are still back and forth between the new mansion and the old house. And as a matter of facts, sometimes more people were at the old place!!

As the head of the family, perhaps Admin should engage a professional removalist and do a proper moving job - just to keep the whole family together.

Just my two cents

Cheers

:miao:

Travelmate
23-03-2012, 10:51 AM
I gave up comment on this topic...
Just waiting some good things to happen.

If this site is run by me, there are lots more planning and execution between data transfer even before the new site is launch!

wilisno
23-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Your "most" is obviously different to my "most" but I think brothers and visitors who read all the postings in this thread will definitely have a clear head as to how good and user-friendly this New Forum are !!!!

Well said ! Just leave it to the users with a clear head to decide whether they like this new home or not and stop whinging !

Since the number of users are getting close to what it was in such a short time, it's obvious that they don't mind it, so you have a very wrong idea of a " most " there !

wilisno
23-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Well, well, well, I started this thread yesterday stating a fact, I wake up this morning and there were replies galore, isn't that great? May be people are not only interested in BBFS.....haha

Still on the train to work so I have to read everything backwards. Everyone got a point and Bro Wil the strongest supporter to the new site is again no surprise, I like the new bigger and better mansion too!! What you said in the quote above is so true and we have to move on.

The only trouble is , when we moved, we left all the valuables and memories behind!! All the family albums (adult photos), old letters (posts), family DVD (adult videos) and lots of great memories were all left behind......:question:

It wasn't a move, it was an evacuation!!

And Bro Wil managed to rescue all his beloved 5 star posts, yours truly here gave Snow Lotus a new life it deserves in the new home, and I even went back inside the abandoned house to carry out bit by bit the Newtown Massage because its the family members' all time favourite and the oldest and most valuable treasure. But what about the rest of the 99.5% of the good stuff?

We have now moved after a few weeks and people are still back and forth between the new mansion and the old house. And as a matter of facts, sometimes more people were at the old place!!

As the head of the family, perhaps Admin should engage a professional removalist and do a proper moving job - just to keep the whole family together.

Just my two cents

Cheers

:miao:

When you move house, there are lots of things that have become junks, and you would rather throw them away, and only you know and decide which is junk, others can't help you. So it's up to the users to move what they think is valuable to them over.

Niceman 123
23-03-2012, 02:41 PM
No, the information under the Old Forum is not junk and it is not responsibility for the writer of the threads to preserve it. I don't get paid for writing ARs and posting and why should I do this for the website owner who gets benefits out of my stuff.

You don't take rubbish to the new home when you move but you do take valuables when you move. The ARS under the old site are valuables to the site owner because it is the thing viewers will watch.

Niceman 123
23-03-2012, 02:44 PM
I gave up comment on this topic...
Just waiting some good things to happen.

If this site is run by me, there are lots more planning and execution between data transfer even before the new site is launch!

Well said bro. and that's comments I am afraid and fully agreed by me.

Niceman 123
23-03-2012, 02:56 PM
well said wil.

This forum/website's existence depends on its popularities and not the technological advances on the platform the site owner can provide. The users and viewers will have a great role in determining its existence not just the site owner unless the site owner does not maintain the site for financial reason which is very much doubted.

Most, if not all, viewers are punters from all walks of life between the age group of 18 to 70 (I am approaching 70, I guess) and not everyone is working in the software industry providing technical support or selling standard software. Punters only care about information on girls and shops not the technological superiority of a site/forum and they don't have the technical expertise to understand the technical jargons.

I admire your software expertise though I am not interested as a punter or user of this site/forum.

I agree that the data/information will become obsolete one day but my question is when, there are girls who have worked in this industry for 3 to 4 years and does it mean that the data/information on the old site/forum will only be obsolete after 3 to 4 years.

Ver ggod indeed.

Jj999
23-03-2012, 03:23 PM
I think it's easy to fill the AR section.
If there are more punters who write AR...
So for me, if we want to have a good forum. Let's start it, let's write new ARs!

How? Yeah, let's go punt. That hot ladies is waiting for us.

See, I predict that my wallet will soon taking some clear uppercuts not only straights, so many new girls out there. :smile:
There will be heaps of new AR from other bro as well!

It's not only the pubters, but when the shop introduce new girl, then there will be new ARs. So the AR section is filled with the new memories!

wilisno
23-03-2012, 05:43 PM
No, the information under the Old Forum is not junk and it is not responsibility for the writer of the threads to preserve it. I don't get paid for writing ARs and posting and why should I do this for the website owner who gets benefits out of my stuff.

You don't take rubbish to the new home when you move but you do take valuables when you move. The ARS under the old site are valuables to the site owner because it is the thing viewers will watch.

If you can read properly, you would know that I said only you know what is valuable to you when moving house. Whether you like it or not, that's the way it is, and the site's popularity won't change because of your whinging !

Niceman 123
23-03-2012, 05:48 PM
Common sense tells all ARs on the girls is valuable and I think Admin knows and you can't stop users' postings on this topic. In fact you posted more than me in this topic though we hold different views.

wilisno
23-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Common sense tells all ARs on the girls is valuable and I think Admin knows and you can't stop users' postings on this topic. In fact you posted more than me in this topic though we hold different views.

No one else whinges like you though !

bronze
23-03-2012, 11:48 PM
This forum/website's existence depends on its popularities and not the technological advances on the platform the site owner can provide. The users and viewers will have a great role in determining its existence not just the site owner unless the site owner does not maintain the site for financial reason which is very much doubted.

Most, if not all, viewers are punters from all walks of life between the age group of 18 to 70 (I am approaching 70, I guess) and not everyone is working in the software industry providing technical support or selling standard software. Punters only care about information on girls and shops not the technological superiority of a site/forum and they don't have the technical expertise to understand the technical jargons.

I admire your software expertise though I am not interested as a punter or user of this site/forum.

I agree that the data/information will become obsolete one day but my question is when, there are girls who have worked in this industry for 3 to 4 years and does it mean that the data/information on the old site/forum will only be obsolete after 3 to 4 years.

Ver ggod indeed.

and i bet you still drive around in your mitsubishi sigma. yes i loved that car too. but ive since upgaded cars many times.
just get with the times Sir. and stop dwelling on the past. time for a garage sale.

Littlewonder
24-03-2012, 08:35 AM
Looks like this thread has been hijacked by Spammers.

24-03-2012, 12:18 PM
the new site sucks my computer rams due to its falsh based pages!

mr.rager
24-03-2012, 02:56 PM
also there seems to be more spam, remember those random posting?

Littlewonder
24-03-2012, 03:58 PM
I would have thought that admin could have copied the old threads across if not all of them then the last month or 3 months or something.