PDA

View Full Version : News: Super forms of gonorrhoea on way

Divine
12-10-2012, 09:59 AM
THE ''clap'' is making a comeback, and experts say it is only a matter of time before superbug strains of the sexually transmitted infection reach Australian shores.

Diagnosis of gonorrhoea is up 50 per cent in the past five years, and already about 4 per cent of cases could be resistant to the common antibiotic used to treat it, government figures show.

An associate professor at the University of Queensland who is developing a world-first test for antibiotic-resistant gonorrhoea, David Whiley, said two strains of gonorrhoea that were resistant to all antibiotics had also been found internationally.

The first form was in Japan, while the second was found in France and soon after jumped to Spain.

"It's basically just a matter of time before we see it globally and in Australia," he said.

Associate Professor Whiley said Australia was leading the world in developing tests to try to halt the spread of the superbugs.

Traditionally testing involves growing the bug and testing it while still alive, a process which can miss some cases. More accurate DNA tests have been developed, but they can test only for specific strains and kill the bug in the process, preventing further testing.

Associate Professor Whiley's and his team are developing a DNA test which will not kill the bacteria, allowing for highly accurate tests that are also able to pick up other strains.

When the resistant Japanese strain broke out, it was his laboratory that developed a test.

It had also just developed a test for the European strain, said Associate Professor Whiley, who will present his findings at the International Union Against Sexually Transmitted Infections world congress in Melbourne next week.

"Some of these strains are almost inevitably going to hit Australia and I want to make sure that all our labs, as soon as the red flag goes up … can deal with it before it becomes a big problem here," he said.

There were about 8000 diagnoses of gonorrhoea in in Australia in 2007, and 12,000 last year.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/health/super-forms-of-gonorrhoea-on-way-20121011-27frx.html#ixzz292Ce0b6J

Interesting read this morning, be careful brothers!!! And please punt safely.

Polonius the Pedant
12-10-2012, 11:31 AM
The moment it arrives I will forswear BBBJs, promise.

cisco
12-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Wow scary but i still like when WL provide bbbj ....but when it hit our shores bbbj still on the menu,...oi oi oi

jazzlau90
12-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Damn scary. I had a burning painful sensation on my dick whenever I pissed, scared shitless it was gonorrhoea. Couldnt really stop thinking about it until they took a urine sample for tests and happily I was fine. The things we do when we punt eh?

DeepImpact
12-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Thanks for sharing this information. I feel sorry for the 12,000 people that got it last year. I do wonder if someone had it what is the average number of people they pass it onto.

Sydney Sin
12-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Damn scary. I had a burning painful sensation on my dick whenever I pissed, scared shitless it was gonorrhoea. Couldnt really stop thinking about it until they took a urine sample for tests and happily I was fine. The things we do when we punt eh?

It probably was a urinary tract infection (UTI)

Taken from Wikipedia

UTI is a bacterial infection that affects part of the urinary tract. When it affects the lower urinary tract it is known as a simple cystitis (a bladder infection) and when it affects the upper urinary tract it is known as pyelonephritis (a kidney infection). Symptoms from a lower urinary tract include painful urination and either frequent urination or urge to urinate

UTI is not an STI. You can get it by not washing your penis/pussy properly or using dirty hands/fingers on your cock/pussy

IExperiment
13-10-2012, 02:50 AM
It probably was a urinary tract infection (UTI)

Taken from Wikipedia

UTI is a bacterial infection that affects part of the urinary tract. When it affects the lower urinary tract it is known as a simple cystitis (a bladder infection) and when it affects the upper urinary tract it is known as pyelonephritis (a kidney infection). Symptoms from a lower urinary tract include painful urination and either frequent urination or urge to urinate

UTI is not an STI. You can get it by not washing your penis/pussy properly or using dirty hands/fingers on your cock/pussy

So this is what I caught a long time ago from a ML :) the Doc gave me amoxicillin. Thanks for the Info Girl.

bill_100
13-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Amoxicillin is OK for the normal strain but this article was about resistant strains where the bacteria have mutated so that the standard (currently) used antibiotics do not work. This has happened with many organisms (streptococcus, staphylococcus, TB etc) and is a major concern caused by overuse of antibiotics or incorrect dosages of antibiotics.

I am sure the pharmaceutical industry is searching for new antibiotics which are active against that strain but then the whole saga will start again. It is not only animals and plants that evolve; the bacteria and virus do as well in the quest to survive. Remember Darwin's theory.

Let's hope that it does not hit here soon and when it does that effective antibiotics are on the market.

If you participate in "certain practices" I suggest you follow the old army advice of urinating soon after and wash the penis thoroughly. This will reduce the bioburden at the primary site of contamination but not eliminate the total risk.

Licker
13-10-2012, 02:48 PM
Amoxicillin is OK for the normal strain but this article was about resistant strains where the bacteria have mutated so that the standard (currently) used antibiotics do not work. This has happened with many organisms (streptococcus, staphylococcus, TB etc) and is a major concern caused by overuse of antibiotics or incorrect dosages of antibiotics.

Bill, you are correct, except that Jazz didn't have gonorrhea rather than a urinary tract infection (that can be caused by a multitude of different bacteria).

One other major cause for bacteria developing resistance to antibiotics are people who do not take all the prescribed antibiotics.
I.e. when the symptoms disappear they stop taking the medicine, thus leaving some of the bacteria still alive, and that is when those left will adapt and develope resistance.

If you participate in "certain practices" I suggest you follow the old army advice of urinating soon after and wash the penis thoroughly. This will reduce the bioburden at the primary site of contamination but not eliminate the total risk.

Sound advice, it needs to happen couple of times within few hours after (the sooner the better). Drinking half a litre of water prior and after will help.
But as you said, does not eliminate the risk.

Also helpful is eating some pineapple for couple of days prior as it is diuretic (increase the excretion of water from the body).

The 'unintentional' side effect of pineapple is that as it has high sugar content and also some aromatic compounds that are absorbed also to seminal fluid, it makes your cum taste sweeter and smell less bitter (a matter of opinion though, some girls who are used to eating say raw fish or oysters also like the taste of semen).

It's up to you folks to decide whether you think that 'side effect' is a desirable one. :miao:

jazzlau90
14-10-2012, 07:55 AM
Thanks for letting me know what I have. But the funny thing is my doctor did examine me and he said I had no symptoms of anything. Did that mean he couldn't detect that I had UTI? He gave me some pills, been eating them close to a wk and it's not helping, any bros know how to get rid of it? Thanks

wilisno
14-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Thanks for letting me know what I have. But the funny thing is my doctor did examine me and he said I had no symptoms of anything. Did that mean he couldn't detect that I had UTI? He gave me some pills, been eating them close to a wk and it's not helping, any bros know how to get rid of it? Thanks
Go to a pharmacy, ask for something that will dilute the acid in your urine, then you'll gradually get over it. They come in little sachets, in the form of powder, just add water !

jazzlau90
14-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Thanks Wilisno. Go down Monday for it

Divine
14-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Go to a pharmacy, ask for something that will dilute the acid in your urine, then you'll gradually get over it. They come in little sachets, in the form of powder, just add water !

It's called Ural, I once used it when I got urinary tract infection. Also drink plenty of water throughout the day, try and get at least 2L per day.

mannykay
14-10-2012, 09:13 PM
One time there was a a noticeable amount of blood in my urine, a burning sensation when I go, and when even when I was finished my member still itched badly with the need to go.

Turned out to be UTI. Get Ural. Helps.

jazzlau90
14-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Yeah, but its recovering now. Lucky I didn't have any blood or I'll be even more scared. The doctor gave me some prescription pills and I guess its doing the job. If it persists, I'll get Ural. Thanks

wilisno
14-10-2012, 11:44 PM
Yeah, but its recovering now. Lucky I didn't have any blood or I'll be even more scared. The doctor gave me some prescription pills and I guess its doing the job. If it persists, I'll get Ural. Thanks

Ural can be taken without symptom, just like a refreshment drink !

babelx
21-10-2012, 12:18 AM
Soon the gonorrhoea will figure out a way to laser through the doms.... :P