PDA

View Full Version : It won't post.

Sextus
23-10-2012, 03:28 PM
i am trying to post a review, and every time I do it, it is telling me "your submission cannot be processed because the token has expired. Press the back button and reload the page."

I do that, but nothing works. what is the frigging "token" anyway? How do I unexpire it?

CommanderM
23-10-2012, 03:30 PM
maybe you should try using another browser like Firefox or Google Chrome?

Google came up with these suggestions:

http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=29602

http://www.city-data.com/forum/about-forum/1574138-token-has-expired-error-message.html
"Try another browser. Or clear your cache. If the problem remains, it is probably your ISP fault.

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/about-forum/1574138-token-has-expired-error-message.html#ixzz2A5st8PO4
"

Sextus
23-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Thank you for that help commander M. I'm afraid my reviews are too long. By the time I go to post them the "token" has expired, and despite the "auto save" assurance, so has my content when I go to back to the submit page. I don't know what the time limit to submit is, but whatever it is i'm not quick enough for it. that was the problem in my first ever thread entitled "Tried to post" This is a quick one so this will go through fine.

My only hope is to write it in word, print it out, and race to re-type it on the forum page. i'm not the most tech savvy guy,

wilisno
23-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Thank you for that help commander M. I'm afraid my reviews are too long. By the time I go to post them the "token" has expired, and despite the "auto save" assurance, so has my content when I go to back to the submit page. I don't know what the time limit to submit is, but whatever it is i'm not quick enough for it. that was the problem in my first ever thread entitled "Tried to post" This is a quick one so this will go through fine.

My only hope is to write it in word, print it out, and race to re-type it on the forum page. i'm not the most tech savvy guy,

Or just copy and save it as a draft on your email at several stages, then copy and paste it here when complete and post !

Sextus
24-10-2012, 01:54 AM
Thanks for your advice mate. Uunfortunately I have no idea how to copy and paste something in my e-mail programme over to the posting web page on this forum. I can drag and paste something from one message to another within my e-mail programme, but to drag it from my e-amil programme onto a website I don't know how to do. I'm better at writing than I am at being a techspert!

CommanderM
24-10-2012, 08:29 AM
what i do Sextus is to open Notepad.
go to Start -> all programs -> Accessories -> notepad

save your report as you type every 5 minutes (file -> save).

once you have finished typing. go press "Control" + "A" keys together to highlight everything you typed (select All)

followed by Control + C to copy

next log in to aus99.com

then start your new report

Control + V to paste

post new report ... :thirst:

Sextus
24-10-2012, 11:35 PM
Thanks again for your advice,guys. It was good of you to take the time out to help me with it. You are both highly senior members of this forum, and I am just a tiny little baby member, so I really appreciate and thank you as elders of this forum for your thoughtfulness and assistance to me.

I went onto google and learnt, after a few frustrating diversions, the technique for getting my word document
in a window at the same time as I had the posting page in a separate window on my screen. Then it was a simple matter to highlight it and drag it across into the posting panel. That was the key, getting both windows up on the same screen.

In future I can type everything in my personal word programme and then just transfer it over when I have finished it. This is far better than composing longish pieces in the posting panel when I didn't know that an 'expired token" was going to mean my efforts were going to be dumped. You'd think there sould be a warning light that flashed when the "token" was about to expire.